Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Snuffman posted:

mycrimes.mov?

Fake news.

Another deep fake from the deep state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The piss tape is real, but not what you think

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Epicurius posted:

My guess is, it's not worth the trouble. If they had tried to call Trump, he would have tried to tie the whole thing up in court for a while, and if he had to testify regardless, every answer would have been a pity filled rant about how the election was stolen from him. Meanwhile, they could have gotten much of the same testimony about the events of that day from more cooperative witnesses.

Then again, Trump loves him some cameras and all attention on him.

Plus, IIRC, he demanded "equal time" since he's being picked on again so, sure. Let's get you sworn in and you just take all the time you want, Donald.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Rigel posted:

A lot of Republicans split their ballots in the states that mattered.

In 2020 the GOP pretty easily won the statewide popular vote for state house races below Trump in both Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. (WI state assembly 54-45 GOP, PA state house 53-47 GOP)

edit: Also Arizona, where the GOP won the state house popular vote 55-45. This was a bit less of a thing in MI with the state house basically tied and Biden winning by 3, but still there.

Trump massively underperformed in 2020 with a LOT of Republicans in the most crucial states going "gently caress that guy, but I'll still vote R for every other race below him". A standard Republican would have beaten Biden with the turnout we had.

Obviously though, a standard Republican might not have turned out as many of the new deplorable voters who never voted before Trump. Maybe Biden would have still beaten a standard Republican if the MAGA idiots would have been bored with the race and stayed home which is definitely possible and unknowable.
Am I having a false memory or wasn't there polling data that showed that there was no turnover for Trump?

edit: here we go:

https://www.levernews.com/six-takeaways-from-election-night/

quote:

The Lincoln Project, the anti-Trump cash cow for veteran Republican consultants, has raised $40 million from MSNBC-watching Brunch Liberals in just the last few months, and is now set to launch a media brand off the idea that its GOP operatives are political geniuses.

Their ads focused on trying to court disaffected Republican voters and attack Trump’s character, as Biden loaded up the Democratic convention with GOP speakers. When polls during the summer showed that the strategy wasn’t working, galaxy brain Rahm Emanuel defended it to a national televised audience, insisting that 2020 would be “the year of the Biden Republican.”

Now survey data show the strategy epically failed, as Trump actually garnered even more support from GOP voters than in 2016. Indeed, Edison Research exit polls on Tuesday found that 93 percent of Republican voters supported Trump — three percentage points higher than in 2016, according to numbers from the same firm.

The takeaway: There may be a lot of so-called “Never Trump Republicans” promoted in the media and in politics, but “Never Trump Republicans” are not a statistically significant group of voters anywhere in America. They basically do not exist anywhere outside of the Washington Beltway or cable news green rooms -- and after tonight’s results, we shouldn’t have to see them on TV or even see their tweets ever again.

So there was even more support despite what an embarrassing hellworld his presidency was. Children in camps.

I can't speak for Pennsylvania but Wisconsin tends in favor for state republicans and democratic presidents. That's just how our independents and light-dems vote.

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 21, 2022

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I had completely forgotten about the meeting that 62 y.o. election volunteer had with a representative from Kanye West, in which she was told she needed to confess her election-stealing crimes away from home because "within 48 hours" action was going to be taken against her and she would not be safe. That conversation took place on 01/04/2021. And on 01/06 sure enough a crowd of dudes with bullhorns surrounded her home, which she was not in, because the FBI had advised her to be elsewhere.

The guy she spoke to was a Trump guy, the "Black(s) for Trump" dude.

Her daughter will be testifying, and she will be the first non-Republican to testify. I see how that could backfire and I expect all election-truthers to froth.

Last night Rachel allowed her most anticipated testimony from today is Browers, and he is actually interesting because he put out a statement about Trump's pressure in AZ on like 01/04 or 01/05. For a Republican that is pretty unique.

Hearing days are my favorite days and I wish we had them more often, I am enjoying it immensely.

Ready for 1pm.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
lol lincoln project was dumb as hell but the key part there is that only 93% of republicans voted for trump. If he hadn't alienated so many he would've won.

Also the actual numbers of his support are obfuscated by the amount of people who ceased identifying as republicans between 2016 and 2020 (who were largely offset by the newly activated voters). Likely these would be among the 10% of independents as well as the ~10% of lean-conservatives that biden picked up in 2020 compared to 2016 (Trump lost ~4% of lean-Rs in 2016 to 14% of lean-Rs in 2020)

as an aside, lol at that david sirota article, dude would like the world to know that he is not mad

quote:

The Lincoln Project, the anti-Trump cash cow for veteran Republican consultants, has raised $40 million from MSNBC-watching Brunch Liberals in just the last few months, and is now set to launch a media brand off the idea that its GOP operatives are political geniuses.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Herstory Begins Now posted:

lol lincoln project was dumb as hell but the key part there is that only 93% of republicans voted for trump. If he hadn't alienated so many he would've won.

Also the actual numbers of his support are obfuscated by the amount of people who ceased identifying as republicans between 2016 and 2020 (who were largely offset by the newly activated voters). Likely these would be among the 10% of independents as well as the ~10% of lean-conservatives that biden picked up in 2020 compared to 2016 (Trump lost ~4% of lean-Rs in 2016 to 14% of lean-Rs in 2020)

as an aside, lol at that david sirota article, dude would like the world to know that he is not mad

Lincoln Project is packed to the gills with reactionary grifters who support everything Trump did except the rhetoric, Sirota is correct. They’re trying to sheepdog the GOP with a failed appeal to decency, which is ironic considering how many racist, rapey pieces of poo poo make up the org.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

selec posted:

Lincoln Project is packed to the gills with reactionary grifters who support everything Trump did except the rhetoric, Sirota is correct. They’re trying to sheepdog the GOP with a failed appeal to decency, which is ironic considering how many racist, rapey pieces of poo poo make up the org.

lincoln project being stupid as gently caress is completely irrelevant to the actual, demonstrable amount of lean-Rs who voted for biden. Sirota also being stupid as gently caress (and in this case, transparently mad that people are giving money to the lincoln project while no one returns his calls anymore) is completely irrelevant on this as I personally agree with him and would prefer dems didn't court the center-right. Alas they did and it got them ~7 million votes and a victory, likely no thanks to the morons at the lincoln project.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Live stream up now for day 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZPBWZcr-vw

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Epicurius posted:

My guess is, it's not worth the trouble. If they had tried to call Trump, he would have tried to tie the whole thing up in court for a while, and if he had to testify regardless, every answer would have been a pity filled rant about how the election was stolen from him. Meanwhile, they could have gotten much of the same testimony about the events of that day from more cooperative witnesses.
Huh. I assumed it was something along the lines of "they tried, he stonewalled, blah blah blah :decorum:". Not even trying is a fairly strong indicator that as usual, there's absolutely no intent for Trump to suffer any consequences.

Is there kind of evidence that can possibly convince you that the Republicans have voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020 and Trump being Trump will not stop any Republicans from voting for him in 2024?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Xander77 posted:

Huh. I assumed it was something along the lines of "they tried, he stonewalled, blah blah blah :decorum:". Not even trying is a fairly strong indicator that as usual, there's absolutely no intent for Trump to suffer any consequences.

Is there kind of evidence that can possibly convince you that the Republicans have voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020 and Trump being Trump will not stop any Republicans from voting for him in 2024?

Sure if you can explain where the 14% of conservatives who voted for biden came from

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sure if you can explain where the 14% of conservatives who voted for biden came from

Biden himself is right-wing as hell and less rude. That's literally it.

The lincoln project grift had nothing to do with it either way.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 21, 2022

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Yinlock posted:

Biden himself is right-wing as hell and less rude. That's literally it.

The lincoln project grift had nothing to do with it either way.

what I'm saying has literally nothing to do with the lincoln project whatsoever?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Hey guys, I don't think the "you lost, get over it" crowd got over it when they lost.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I'd say the existence of the Build Back Better Act that Biden was desperate to pass last year kind of takes the wind out of the sails of the argument that he is "right-wing as hell".

He's certainly not as left on many issues as I am, or as I would hope he could be, but he's clearly also not a right-winger.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

How are u posted:

I'd say the existence of the Build Back Better Act that Biden was desperate to pass last year kind of takes the wind out of the sails of the argument that he is "right-wing as hell".

He's absolutely right of center, but nowhere near where the average Republican is today.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

He's absolutely right of center, but nowhere near where the average Republican is today.

It’s a matter of discussing what color the buttons on the Titanic are, rather than any actual required navigation changes

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
trump basicaly spam texted and spammed called tons of state folks.

Michigan electoral official got over 4000 text messages harassing him because Trump posted his personal phone number on Twitter

Giuliani and Ellis personally called Bryan Cutler, Speaker of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, to tell him to decertify the votes

And then Bannon arranged a doxxing of all his personal information and a protest outside his house when it didn't work

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jun 21, 2022

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Why is Schiff there?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Did this guy just say the constitution is divinely inspired

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Why is Schiff there?

i believe he is part of the comittee.

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

yeah, he is a conservative, what do you expect. parson Weems hosed this countries brains up hard.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

what I'm saying has literally nothing to do with the lincoln project whatsoever?

Whoops sorry, I just woke up.

14% of conservatives voted for Biden because Biden and the Dems themselves are fairly conservative(and the Dems had to disillusion and alienate a ton of voters just for that extremely meager amount), it's not really evidence that Trump is splitting the party.

Biden was one of the champions of mass-incarceration and has been trying to gut social security for his entire career, you can look up almost any issue historically and find him on the most perfectly wrong side of it. The man is absolutely far-right, the current GOP are just extreme-right.

But as selec said, the exact amount on the Right Meter doesn't really matter as much as the fact that he believes wholeheartedly in the status quo and thus isn't willing to rock the boat even if it would save a lot of people.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I’m going to bet Sirota has secured his place in history, my man’s got a big, successful movie under his belt, whereas Lincoln Project has a bunch of meme videos that were stale the day they released about how gay Trump is.

Just on the basis of work product there’s no basis of comparison.

Neither will be considered major figures but Sirota will not have chapters of books about this time describing what a scammer he and his org was and describing all the sexual assault that went on. Lincoln Project will be remembered as farce, at best.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

So divinely inspired it needed "whoopsie" amendments

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Yinlock posted:

Whoops sorry, I just woke up.

14% of conservatives voted for Biden because Biden and the Dems themselves are fairly conservative(and the Dems had to disillusion and alienate a ton of voters just for that extremely meager amount), it's not really evidence that Trump is splitting the party.

no worries

1 in 7 conservatives deciding to vote for a democrat is the very definition of a split. There is no path to victory in a 2 party system while losing 1 in 7 of people who you should be counting on as your supporters. That is far, far beyond the small margins that decide specific states.

I come back to the core assertion: Trump alienated so many republicans that it very likely impacted the 2020 election

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 21, 2022

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Can we just take a moment to laugh at orange man for truthing at Bowers before the hearing so they could dunk on him live? Because that was loving sweeeeet.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

can we talk about the hearing instead loving election statistics and loving lincoln project grifters and poo poo.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Xander77 posted:

Well, the election results are pretty black and white, and they are what they are. Trump was by far the weakest Republican on the ballot, and in many important states he narrowly lost where the Republicans statewide generally won very comfortably, sometimes by about 10%. That is a huge "eww, gently caress that guy" kind of swing. Trump massively underperformed a standard Republican.

A world where Trump did not run changes everything of course and as I said earlier maybe the deplorables stay home and the Dems still win in that alternate timeline, but there is really no doubt that Trump was the worst performing Republican on the ballot in most areas of the country.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
I feel bad for some of these staffers, because they're going to get slammed by people for testifying. Just being the admin person in the room and having to deal with this.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
LOL of course it was an aide to Ron Johnson

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

T.C. posted:

I feel bad for some of these staffers, because they're going to get slammed by people for testifying. Just being the admin person in the room and having to deal with this.

Nearly all of them already got slammed with harassment and death threats back in late 2020. But yeah I know what you mean, I'm sure none of them are excited to be back in the public eye.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

BonoMan posted:

So divinely inspired it needed "whoopsie" amendments

The divinely inspired and also literal Word of God in the Bible is shock full of whoopsies and inconsistencies so checks out tbh.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

The divinely inspired and also literal Word of God in the Bible is shock full of whoopsies and inconsistencies so checks out tbh.

chuds are weird fucks who long for the days of kings who were appointed by god or their inbred relatives.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
GOP legislator roles (Perry, Johnson, etc.) coming up in "weeks."

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1539309386346151936

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
timeline, turn on you're monitor

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

JFC these people.

Hamilton would have held them down while Burr ran his sword through them.

"Here's a list of people with no legal authority who say you should make Trump president." - sitting senator

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Murgos posted:

"Here's a list of people with no legal authority who say you should make Trump president." - sitting senator

Like Eastman said, would have been wrong for Gore to do it in 2001 or for Harris to do it in 2025, “but I think we should do it today.”

JFC, indeed

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
Is that Rudy footage is from the same hearing where he ripped rear end

https://youtu.be/pMXvH6T2vtM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
One thing to remember with the Raffensburger and Sterling testimony is that they have already testified to the Fulton County Grand Jury.