Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

An Actual Princess posted:

ignore everyone telling you otherwise actually, definitely keep wandering from thread to thread posting insane poo poo that makes no sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I appreciate that Deltarune is in chapters that are replayable in parts, allowing it to spread bonus content around instead of having to jam it all in at the end.

I also like how there aren't really any leveling systems that result in you just being able to brute force things, so they can keep a tight leash on the balance instead of it being lost to the treadmill of number go up.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Oxxidation posted:

sweating over my ouija board as my trembling finger spells l…o…g…o…f…f…
Me, flipping the board over: show yourself coward, I will never log off

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

ikanreed posted:

He confessed to numerous sins in spite of monster religion having no concept of confession or sin.

I don't think catholicism has a monopoly on confessions

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

ymgve posted:

Or popes, but that doesn't stop you from assuming

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

ymgve posted:

I'm willing to Occam's Razor that a confession is most commonly associated with catholicism

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
occam's razor says a monster living in a monster world where sin isn't a thing, is not catholic

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Confessing sins to a priest in a church is pretty uniquely a Christian thing, though I guess not necessarily Catholic.

if you're applying occam's razor all willy nilly then also Kris is not depressed or self-harming, they're just doing magic poo poo with no real world analogies, Happstablook is not experiencing body dysphoria, he doesn't even have a body, and Asgore is not a divorced man on the brink of homelessness, goats cannot get married or pay rent

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

It wouldn't surprise me if some kind of Christianity exists in Deltarune, Monster Kid does have a cross pendant

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

zetamind2000 posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if some kind of Christianity exists in Deltarune, Monster Kid does have a cross pendant

The town does have a church of some kind at least

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this implies the existence of a monster pope

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
it's a joke characterizing Asriel, not him being a catholic

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

RareAcumen posted:

Isn't it a misunderstanding for most of the monsters? Like everyone there communicates via magic but they don't know that they're killing you?
one book in the librarby says verbatim that monsters communicate via bullet patterns

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the exact mores of their religion aside, the post that kicked off this line of thinking posited that Toriel would turn out to be some queerphobic cultist, which is ludicrous on its face

not in the least because she’s repeatedly shown to be not all that judgey/uptight, except for where Asgore is concerned

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Oxxidation posted:

the exact mores of their religion aside, the post that kicked off this line of thinking posited that Toriel would turn out to be some queerphobic cultist, which is ludicrous on its face

not in the least because she’s repeatedly shown to be not all that judgey/uptight, except for where Asgore is concerned

quote:

(The buff embracing heroes are now edited to be 4 inches apart.) (There's dialogue about proper distancing at the school dance.) (You wonder if your mother had some influence on this change.)

quote:

“Hahaha, that's what I thought! She's a PEACH, huh...? Fuzzy n' sweet on the outside, a total NUT on the inside!"

Fangz fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 21, 2022

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
WOw thats conclusive evidence that toriel is queerphobic

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

WOw thats conclusive evidence that toriel is queerphobic

The wording I used was that I wouldn't be entirely surprised if that was the twist with her character.

EDIT: VVV editting posters of gay couples to separate them, and pushing for rules at the school dance seems a little bit uptight to me~ I really don't think it's crazy to think she might not be entirely supportive and conflict free. Maybe not whatever stupid hyperbolic statement you choose to insert in my mouth, though!

Fangz fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jun 21, 2022

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

yes, and

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what's up with people projecting all their hangups on this game

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Fangz posted:

The wording I used was that I wouldn't be entirely surprised if that was the twist with her character.

EDIT: VVV editting posters of gay couples to separate them, and pushing for rules at the school dance seems a little bit uptight to me~ I really don't think it's crazy to think she might not be entirely supportive and conflict free. Maybe not whatever stupid hyperbolic statement you choose to insert in my mouth, though!

you want to edit this post another few times before you meander all the way to your point or can I just go ahead and call it facile and wrongheaded now

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

And then it also took on a double meaning thanks to social distancing via Covid

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

you want to edit this post another few times before you meander all the way to your point or can I just go ahead and call it facile and wrongheaded now

My point is that you're a real arsehole when it comes to people with reads on videogames you don't completely agree with. It's not enough that you don't agree, you have to crush them, don't you?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Fangz posted:

My point is that you're a real arsehole when it comes to people with reads on videogames you don't completely agree with. It's not enough that you don't agree, you have to crush them, don't you?

oxxidation is a Mean Girl

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I can't wait to Ruin Everything and give all the characters even more problems when the full game comes out :v:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

theres a weird habit to extrapolate excessively from things which are just implications

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I think all the opinions are good imo

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Zamujasa posted:

can't be, i haven't posted my opinion yet

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Ralsei is a flat earther

Also he thinks the moon landing was faked on a soundstage on the moon

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'm pretty sure Toriel is meant to be a kinder/nicer take on the Suburban Religious Mom: she's strict but not that much, she's religious, and the whole making sure teens don't end up in decadence is typical of the archetype. I doubt Toby Fox is gonna make her an queerphobe since that would go sour with a lot of people and she has more interesting avenues such as her clear love for Kris but being incapable of connecting with him, her favoritism towards Asriel and whatever the deal is with Asgore.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Danaru posted:

Ralsei is a flat earther

This one is actually true, Ralsei does enjoy both being flattened and close to the earth.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Chapter 3 will end with Toriel putting on a MAGA cap

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
given what we've seen of Alvin, and the blatant hints to Catholicism, i think the game will end with a crossover with Elden Ring against the final boss of the series, Turtle Pope

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Zamujasa posted:

The secret is that it's not important whether the opinions are good or not, what matters is whether the conversations are miserable or fun.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I'm pretty sure Toriel is meant to be a kinder/nicer take on the Suburban Religious Mom: she's strict but not that much, she's religious, and the whole making sure teens don't end up in decadence is typical of the archetype. I doubt Toby Fox is gonna make her an queerphobe since that would go sour with a lot of people and she has more interesting avenues such as her clear love for Kris but being incapable of connecting with him, her favoritism towards Asriel and whatever the deal is with Asgore.

I mean, maybe, but stories like say EEAAO have given us characters who are queerphobic who are likeable nevertheless, and for whom getting over those hangups could be a good moment. But it's fair that yeah, I'm not really saying anything more than my personal feelings about this. For whatever reason DR Toriel feels much less warm a character than UT Toriel. Does no one else feel that?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The internet cutoff was caused by Kris to get Toriel the gently caress off facebook

Toriel thinks it was caused by Human space lasers that are causing wildfires

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Danaru posted:

The internet cutoff was caused by Kris to get Toriel the gently caress off facebook

Toriel thinks it was caused by Human space lasers that are causing wildfires

kris's demon possession was caused by the 5G tower that just got installed in hometown

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
strange that cell service is up and Queen's attack animations imply that social media exists and yet nobody in Hometown has a data plan. can someone explain this massive plot hole introduced by Toby "Toby Sux" Fox

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Jen X posted:

it's a joke characterizing Asriel, not him being a catholic

Yeah, but it's a really Catholic joke

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Asriel is Daredevil confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I wonder if the characters will have different reactions to the friendship teas if you use them after chapter two and if they'll heal for more or less

Imagine if we get the chance to see Catti's reaction to all four teas, that alone would be worth the price of the upcoming chapters