Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

SalTheBard posted:

Man my local group is putting on a banger next week. They just announced Akira vs Gary Jay

They had a loving incredible match in the pit for icwnhb last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Big Dave posted:

Hell yeah, Gary Jay made Akira's chest bleed from chops

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

History Comes Inside! posted:

Genuinely surprised that enough people watch MLW for them to have to give a gently caress about anyones copyrights

They're sponsored by a lawyer so he probably cares more than they do.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Genuinely surprised that enough people watch MLW for them to have to give a gently caress about anyones copyrights

Ask Stephanie McMahon about that

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

When you are suing WWE it is wise not to infringe on them.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1536907616315752448?t=6DCeNXY3qAcBhCvu88LbIQ&s=19

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/AchillesF6/status/1537186290734870528
Saw this at my local pizza place

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Apparently Jon Moxley and Mike Bailey had a match at Wrestling Revolver last weekend and that sounds extremely worth watching.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Apparently Jon Moxley and Mike Bailey had a match at Wrestling Revolver last weekend and that sounds extremely worth watching.

It was really good, yeah.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

This looks like it’s gonna rule, absolutely go see the Mexican John Cena in what used to be the Rex.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Pylons posted:

It was really good, yeah.

I'll have to track that down. And Bailey vs. Takeshida the day before! Bailey's still getting around which is great.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Big Dave posted:

Yeah that was the show that for me into ICWnhb!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVyf01sXFUs

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Whoops

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Blonde Force Trauma is a v good team name

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Vincent Vahn Crow is no joke

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Speaking of backyard wrestling, Matt demorest is wrestling Billie starkz at h2o next week lol

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Big Dave posted:

Watching the Pit match right now and hoooly poo poo I'm excited (although I have covid so who knows if I will get to go or not :()

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Wish someone would book Psycho Clown near me

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/taigastylevids/status/1537258895378370562

https://twitter.com/EnjoyWrestle/status/1537208548320587779?t=tEo7fSEFrL23v93ac2HIMw&s=19

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Toilet seat spot was cool. This one is far from over.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/aregularindyfan/status/1538322834749022208

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Really hyped for the NEW show on Friday. El Phantasmo, Bollywood Boyz, Womens TLC with Chelsea Green, and a Travis Williams/Daniel Makabe title match. :mmmhmm:

They also just signed a deal with the Commodore Ballroom in downtown Vancouver to host all their monthly numbered events through 2023, which rules. It's a great venue for indie wrestling.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I hope he's ok because that both looks not that bad and also like he might of gotten just enough of his neck for it to suck really bad if he felt bad from it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
that looks almost exactly how BUSHI broke his neck but from a jumping front roll in like 2014

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Very cool and smart of Ninja Mack to just go lift up his head then drag him around by the shoulder.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Is GCW doing a backyard show this year?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

beggar posted:

Is GCW doing a backyard show this year?

I'm guessing if it's happening the announcement will be today or tomorrow.

GCW's year has been mixed to say the least so a really stupid show could get them back on track.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Very much looking forward to next month, we're getting Adam Brooks on the 16th for EPW and Ace Austin on the 30th for NHPW. Bonus points as the EPW show is like 10 minutes from my house rather than the hour plus we usually drive

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus

Very cool and smart of Ninja Mack to just go lift up his head then drag him around by the shoulder.

To be fair to Ninja Mack he was supposed to move and wasn't looking when he landed.

That ref tho....holy poo poo step in you idiot.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Hey Seattle people! I got GA tickets for this weekend’s DEFY show cause I was tired of third row sight lines. Is there any unexpected etiquette about the balcony, like regulars who have dibs on specific places or something?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Dave gave Takeshita-Speedball from the last west coast pro show 4.25 stars. Check it out!

https://youtu.be/h0MlLCCmaTw

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Excited for Enjoy Wrestling in Pittsburgh on July 2nd.

I bought tickets solely based on the announcement that Lee Moriarty was wrestling for the title, but the rest of the show looks pretty good. Willow Nightingale, Effy, Allie Katch, and a bunch of wrestlers I don't know yet but who look super interesting to me.

This is my first indy show in like 15 years, holy crap.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Thanlis posted:

Hey Seattle people! I got GA tickets for this weekend’s DEFY show cause I was tired of third row sight lines. Is there any unexpected etiquette about the balcony, like regulars who have dibs on specific places or something?

nah, only thing is if there’s someone shorter than you take a step back because the balconies are pretty narrow. I’ve had people complain at me for pointing that out but it ain’t new for wrestling fans to have ZERO self-awareness.

thankfully the balcony “regulars” don’t get pushy about standing in a highly specific place and will scoot around sections if they want.

it’ll be the first DEFY I’ll miss in a couple years but oof, driving up from Portland and immediately driving back is tiresome. I wish they’d run more shows down here but I get why they mostly stick to their home base of Washington Hall.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/wpwpro/status/1539321901452959744?s=21&t=ymH5XPGcSSTgvBtjMBkiug

I need everyone to see and appreciate this poster

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

BUSSY IN WINNIPEG AND NOT IN VANCOUVER?!

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

the escape goat posted:

nah, only thing is if there’s someone shorter than you take a step back because the balconies are pretty narrow. I’ve had people complain at me for pointing that out but it ain’t new for wrestling fans to have ZERO self-awareness.

thankfully the balcony “regulars” don’t get pushy about standing in a highly specific place and will scoot around sections if they want.

it’ll be the first DEFY I’ll miss in a couple years but oof, driving up from Portland and immediately driving back is tiresome. I wish they’d run more shows down here but I get why they mostly stick to their home base of Washington Hall.

Thanks! And yeah, if I had Washington Hall to run I'm not sure I'd go anyplace else often.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Thanlis posted:

Thanks! And yeah, if I had Washington Hall to run I'm not sure I'd go anyplace else often.

I’m mostly just fussy about having to find a dog sitter and not being able to drink. smdh that the promoters don’t talk to me directly to see what MY needs are.

Oh! So it looks like Aramis is unable to do the next PWG show but they’re bringing in Titus Alexander? Young dude who is on the come-up, one to watch for sure and will be a huge talent once he develops some character work.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

A Fancy Hat posted:

Excited for Enjoy Wrestling in Pittsburgh on July 2nd.

I bought tickets solely based on the announcement that Lee Moriarty was wrestling for the title, but the rest of the show looks pretty good. Willow Nightingale, Effy, Allie Katch, and a bunch of wrestlers I don't know yet but who look super interesting to me.

This is my first indy show in like 15 years, holy crap.

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice Mr. Smalls was as a wrestling venue. Still has the shittiest bathrooms in the world, but good for wrestling!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I just saw a sign for a show literally 20 ft from my apartment in Toronto and looked up the card expecting it to be just local guys, and surprising Speedball and Ninja Mack are on the card so I’m gonna check it out.