Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Sunscreens are art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

A Serbian Film is both art and a lenghty Aristocrats joke

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Captain Monkey posted:

This is why farmers famously tan evenly.

UVA rays won't really make you tan, but they still age and damage your skin through like, a white t-shirt, even though they won't burn you like UVB does.

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.
The drive thru aging my insides faster than cooking at home is art

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Grouchio posted:

A Serbian Film is both art and a lenghty Aristocrats joke

I agree in the sense that it falls into the category of both that I mostly find to be garbage and feel isn't worth seeing.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

docbeard posted:

Sunscreens are art

Undeniably

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I agree in the sense that it falls into the category of both that I mostly find to be garbage and feel isn't worth seeing.

It didn't need to get made in the first place. Everyone involved needs to be prevented from participating in filmmaking again.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Grouchio posted:

You may want to do the former or get sunspray

Spray is the best way IMHO, much easier to apply too. I almost got sun poisoning like you & it's even worse if you're bald, my scalp hurt SO bad for a solid week & when it peeled I looked like a snake shedding its skin

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
We need to bring back that thing where nobody goes to work on Sunday

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The sabbath?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sabbath sucks whenever my mom tries to plan a trip on a sunday and half the shops are closed.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

We need to bring back that thing where nobody goes to work on Sunday

I like it in theory but I make time and a half on Sundays which is very nice

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Grouchio posted:

Sabbath sucks whenever my mom tries to plan a trip on a sunday and half the shops are closed.

Youd think after the second of third time she'd stop planning trips on Sunday that were dependent on the shops being open.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gaius Marius posted:

I like it in theory but I make time and a half on Sundays which is very nice

compromise, if someone does work on Sunday it's illegal to pay them less than 100 dollars an hour.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Juneteenth has a rather prodigal son feel to it. It's not specifically a celebration of the end of slavery, or the Emancipation or the end of the war or any of that. It's a celebration for Texas who finally let their slaves go two fuckin years after the rest of the country. Like, it's specifically about Texas being two years late to the game.

(this part edited out because it felt largely just ignorant and racist, which I'm trying not to be, while trying to express my frustration over a name, which just makes me sound racist)

But, goddammit Juneteenth is a silly name, no matter what it's about.

credburn has a new favorite as of 20:22 on Jun 20, 2022

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

tarot and poo poo like that is insanely whack and i prefer even penn & teller style atheist people over tarot people

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Aesthetically I think they can look pretty cool. But actually trying to divine something out of them is like astrology, pure bullshit

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

wiccans should be stock joke characters in comedies

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Shibawanko posted:

wiccans should be stock joke characters in comedies
Shibawanko should be expedited to Washington state and observe a wiccan festival/silent disco. At least they aren't abrahamic.

Grouchio has a new favorite as of 00:30 on Jun 21, 2022

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Grouchio posted:

Shibawanko should be expedited to Washington state and observe a wiccan festival/silent disco. At least they aren't abrahamic.

I fail to see how that would make them seem less comedic

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Wiccans, tarot, etc. probably refers to a specific thing in the US I don't really have any contact with, but can imagine being ridiculous.

Mysticism in a broader sense, I've found to be a good way to stay motivated with things like working out, loving, etc. It can fill a similar role as "religion" does for lots of people, ways of thinking that help with real world actions.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Shibawanko posted:

tarot and poo poo like that is insanely whack and i prefer even penn & teller style atheist people over tarot people

I love tarot because the history of the cards (and how all the weird hidden meanings are informed by history) is super neat in a nerdy way, plus as a tool for self reflection it is fun and interesting to view situations using these archetypes via a "reading".

I tell NO ONE about this, as I am a scientist in real life and people who grift money from rubes using stuff like tarot is pathetic and pisses me off and my interest is a secret shame

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The French deck most of us use is the most boring. Gimme swords and staves and whatnot!

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.
If you have a dog that barks all day long then I should be allowed to open the gate and let it loose

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Irregardless posted:

If you have a dog that barks all day long then I should be allowed to open the gate and let it loose

:yeah:

Be free dog. Go do dog crimes and dog drugs

Relatedly, most people should not be dog owners.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

sephiRoth IRA posted:

I love tarot because the history of the cards (and how all the weird hidden meanings are informed by history) is super neat in a nerdy way, plus as a tool for self reflection it is fun and interesting to view situations using these archetypes via a "reading".

I tell NO ONE about this, as I am a scientist in real life and people who grift money from rubes using stuff like tarot is pathetic and pisses me off and my interest is a secret shame

even if the cards are funny the people are goofy and stupid though

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Strategic Tea posted:

Related point - the idea of an elected judge is absolutely farcical

Especially because as far as I know, they aren't even required to have a law degree or be a member of the Bar. Get enough votes and your drinking buddy Jim could be deciding your case in between benders.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Neito posted:

Shibawanko posted:

Especially because as far as I know, they aren't even required to have a law degree or be a member of the Bar.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Shibawanko posted:

1000%

I was talking to an acquaintance and they brought up tarot and so I was like yeah, female pope is cool, they burned her at the stake in 1300 and they said nah, you gotta focus on your shadow work

What the gently caress, get out of here, no

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
The only Tarot I want to hear about is the comic series Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’ve been on vacation in Greece and while it’s beautiful, the food is great, and the people are friendly, I’ve had very limited internet access because our international roaming has been extremely inconsistent. I’ve been using the time to unwind and disconnect from the net…

…and it sucks! I want to browse! I want to post!

Also you can’t flush toilet paper which isn’t ideal

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
You can't flush toilet paper? Are you in Greece or Ancient Greece?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

A lot of countries have worse plumbing than the US.

Sneaker guys are weird as gently caress. First off most of them look like loving garbage. Like Duplo blocks in shoe form. Then these weirdos don't even wear them half the time. If you're dropping c notes on something you're "collecting" you're an idiot.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I do want some foam runners though. They look incredibly comfortable and I'd be supporting the greatest artistic mind in the last hundred years

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I knew a guy in Stockholm who had to have a little contraption in his apartment that ground-up everything before it went into the sewer. Some places have old plumbing is all.

I don't even want to think about what you'd have to do if the thing got clogged or just needed cleaning.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

AKA Pseudonym posted:

a little contraption in his apartment that ground-up everything before it went into the sewer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kh9rELBpmo

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Sorry honey gotta call the plumber the poop grinder is on the fritz again

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Every single home in Sweden has poopgrinders or so called poo poo Mills.We call them ”skit kvarnar”. Basically, every household has a poop bucket that people unload into, then you empty the poop bucket into the skitkvarn

Collapsing Farts has a new favorite as of 07:46 on Jun 22, 2022

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Horrific

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

doverhog posted:

Mysticism in a broader sense, I've found to be a good way to stay motivated with things like working out, loving, etc. It can fill a similar role as "religion" does for lots of people, ways of thinking that help with real world actions.

How... What...

What??

:confused: