Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

But where are the villagers getting the money to spend on my aged lava eel roe and void mayonnaise? I'm rich, but I inherited a massive amount of apparently infinitely fertile land. Meanwhile, Mayor Lewis can barely afford to send me 500 gold from the town agricultural fund.

Serious answer: I figured the farm's products were getting shipped out of Pelican Town to the greater Stardew Valley, and even beyond. The expensive stuff, anyway. The town isn't a big enough market for the sheer amount of product the farm pumps out, but those tourists who visit during the Harvest Fair? Now there's a market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinned owl
Oct 5, 2021

Cartoon Man posted:

Wait till you accidentally bomb your storage chests.

After doing this once I made a habit of storing my explosives in a chest outside the farm.

Yup, blew that up too

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

chaleski posted:

I accidentally sold all my coal through the shipping bin :smithicide:

Nevermind you can reset the day as late as the money earned screen at the end of the day, holy poo poo thank you jesus

I am guilty of buying ridiculous amounts of coal from Clint. Also I buy copper ore from him whenever I get that prismatic grange Qi gem quest.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

the things the people of the valley will pay a premium to eat pickled/in juice form frighten me.

Pickled tea leaves struck me as weird until I typed it in Google and I'll be damned, it's a thing.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Midnight Voyager posted:

Pickled tea leaves struck me as weird until I typed it in Google and I'll be damned, it's a thing.

Next update goes into the valleys enormous Burmese population.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I just stuck an eggplant in a cask. Am I seriously making eggplant wine?
:barf:

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Not quite that bad, thankfully. Generally speaking casked vegetables will make juice while casked fruits will make wine. Not that Eggplant juice sounds terribly appetizing either.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It doesn't matter how weird or gross something sounds, someone somewhere is going to enjoy eating it on a pizza.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Poil posted:

It doesn't matter how weird or gross something sounds, someone somewhere is going to enjoy eating it on a pizza.

For example: Pineapple

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Pineapple isn't weird though. Pineapple juice is a thing but pineapple wine might not be usual. Having pineapple wine sloshed over the pizza like sauce or dressing is definitely weird.

take boat
Jul 8, 2006
boat: TAKEN
there's a pineapple winery on Maui which I would even say has decent wine https://traveltoparadise.com/pineapple-wine/

dunno about eggplant juice though

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I had a colleague once who used to make wine out of anything and everything. And honestly it was all loving delicious, and I loved it because I have some weird allergy to something in storebought wine, some preservative maybe, and can't drink it. But I could drink her stuff. She made pineapple wine and it was incredible.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

non-grape fruit wines are usually very good but they almost always give you the worst hangover possible.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

qi fruit challenge but instead of just the fruits it's qi fruit wine

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Mushroom and Black Olive Wine

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

A secondary bonus of the Chests Anywhere mod is that you can open your shipping bin and take stuff out!

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I don't know about pineapple wine but tepache is some of the best stuff ever.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

What was that about pineapples?

quote:

I moved into an apartment and there's a family across the way. I met the parents when I moved in and they seemed nice, but something weird happened.

I got a text from the mom saying that she and her husband could see me through my sheer curtains when I was getting out of the shower.

Now, I also figured this couple were swingers, they had a bunch of pineapple decor which in my area is kinda a sign.

And when I got this text, I was kinda drunk and read it like a come on. So I replied "Sorry, not interested in the lifestyle"

She replied asking what I was talking about

And I was like "oh not into swinging, or whatever y'all are into, and this message made me kinda uncomfy so I'd rather just stop this conversation and pretend like it never happened lol"

It really didn't click for me that it might be something other than a come on, like maybe some kind of jealousy thing or just general creepy curtain twitcher poo poo.

But I didn't reply to apologize or anything. And since then the couple has been really awkward and cold towards me. I feel like I was probably mistaken what was going on and they're feeling awkward.

AITA for my response to my neighbors texts about them seeing me?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If my hut on Ginger Island is rockin, don't come a knocking.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm getting close to Winter in my first year, and I've realized I'm ONE gold-star pumpkin shy of the Quality bundle. Am I just hosed till next year, or is it possible for one to turn up in the merchant or something before then?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm getting close to Winter in my first year, and I've realized I'm ONE gold-star pumpkin shy of the Quality bundle. Am I just hosed till next year, or is it possible for one to turn up in the merchant or something before then?

I don't *think* star-quality things come from the merchant, do they? God all my knowledge for this game is so out of date. I've just started a modded save for the first time and Starblue Valley is so pretty.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I don't think higher quality items show up at the traveling cart either. Short of cheating, you're stuck until pumpkin season.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
You won't get quality crops from the merchant sadly. Just going to have to wait for fall or pray you sold one to Pierre and he tries to sell it back to you, but even that might be forage only. Having no greenhouse for winter 1 is rough but it's not at all an uncommon first experience. You'll make it and there's no real consequences for it. You could use the indoor planter granny gives you and try feeding any leftover pumpkins to the seedmaker.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm pretty sure you only get the indoor planter after finishing the Greenhouse, ironically

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guildenstern Mother posted:

You won't get quality crops from the merchant sadly. Just going to have to wait for fall or pray you sold one to Pierre and he tries to sell it back to you, but even that might be forage only. Having no greenhouse for winter 1 is rough but it's not at all an uncommon first experience. You'll make it and there's no real consequences for it. You could use the indoor planter granny gives you and try feeding any leftover pumpkins to the seedmaker.

Dangit. It's not a big deal, just frustrating.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

What’s the easiest method of mod acquisition and installation?

Am I going to need to download Nexus mod things or?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Saxophone posted:

Yep. You'll need to grab SMAPI first then go hog wild with whatever looks good.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Saxophone posted:

i use moddrop which will load SMAPI once you get it installed. Once SMAPI's working even if its not on ModDrop I can just download it from wherever, drop it in the mods folder and it will work.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

chaleski posted:

I'm pretty sure you only get the indoor planter after finishing the Greenhouse, ironically

I thought she just showed up with it at the very end of fall but I could absolutely be wrong about that.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

i use moddrop which will load SMAPI once you get it installed. Once SMAPI's working even if its not on ModDrop I can just download it from wherever, drop it in the mods folder and it will work.

I’ve got moddrop and am trying to install an SVE mod pack and it’s just spinning saying ‘detecting old versions’ and doing nothing else. Hrmph. I guess maybe I just need to DL things individually after all?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I thought she just showed up with it at the very end of fall but I could absolutely be wrong about that.

It’s the greenhouse.

https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Garden_Pot

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I highly recommend nexus's Vortex mod manager app.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If Vortex is anything like it is for Elderscrolls all your doing is causing yourself pain in ten hours when everything breaks

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Just download the mods and unzip 'em into the mod folder, super straightforward. I just downloaded a couple dozen for my first seriously modded playthrough and was very pleased with how little hassle there was. I've used vortex for cyberpunk and it was fine, but even that's more complex than just dumping files in a folder imo

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Mod drop is convenient because it allows you to update mods with a single click. You can turn them on and off really easily too.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Same with vortex. Let's you see when new stuff is available and gives you an easy index for getting the updates. Automatically manages dependencies. Never had any trouble with it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1540026895411994624

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Making modding easier would rule.

Haunted Chocolatier is gonna rule no matter what.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

My wife, with whom I ran a farm together on the rare occasion, has begun playing her own farm in earnest. I can't play Switch anymore, it's thrilling for someone who never enjoyed playing games in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I also recommend Vortex, I use it for most games that take mods.