Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

KataraniSword posted:

There's a surprisingly large group of classes that can't damage Omega reliably, and it's entirely possible to get a team with Bard that has no reasonable means of busting through its defense.

Classes that can't damage Omega alone (No means of doing damage whatsoever; the Chicken Knife only punches through Omega's 129 defense if it's boosted with something that increases the ATK stat - in other words, Sword Dance):

Thief
Mime
White Mage
Bard
Geomancer
Beastmaster (unless fishing for reflected Thunder rolls of like 100-200 damage from the Blitz Whip, which is like pulling teeth with a pair of tweezers, maybe the second worst option for damaging omega past fishing for bare fist criticals on one of the other classes mentioned above)

This is fair— were I unlucky enough to get three other classes that couldn’t really damage Omega, I’d be pretty sunk. I just did the math, and the chances of getting only the six duds is around 0.8%, taking as given the fact that the whole premise means you definitely have a bard. This is low, but not vanishingly unlikely. And that’s assuming no dupes. I don’t think it would be that bad to do it with dubious midgame electric equipment on a class with more damage, though— I did Omega with a blue mage/summoner combination my first Fiesta, and this sounds like it would be less effort than that.

(It’s been awhile since I used it, but couldn’t Mime reflect Wonder Wand attacks? Or does the item not target that way? Of course, even if that worked it sounds atrocious.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Princey
Mar 22, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Lamp doesn't cost any money and you can even replenish it on the way out of the dungeon :(

Excellent point; by the time I realized I was going to have problems with the Stooges I was already fighting the Stooges. If I'd died to them I might've run back out for the lamp, but I managed to beat them first try, it just took a long time.

It would've been good to pick up for Exdeath too though...

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Oh lol, I totally forgot that the Kornago Gourd costs a frog AND money. No easy captures for me I guess.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Mustached Demon posted:

We need a name toxx so here goes y'all:

:toxx:
$2 for each Butz named Sanger (founder of PP) on up to $100. Names also acceptable: services PP provides so mamo, pap, BC, choice, etc.

Hey, I haven't posted on SA in a long time but I still talk to some cool people who do and I was told of this incentive!

Mmogrm sadly did not survive the last Almagest!
https://twitter.com/suddenly_sleepy/status/1539201834946117638?s=20&t=Gm-22Nogc0XPtV8YXtBWLw

I finished my run sooner than expected, and I just found out about a bunch of these incentives so I might go for a second Fiesta run!

This was my first time having Bard or Knight (lol) in a Fiesta, and I severely underestimated how easy it made Neo Exdeath. I finished at level 39, but could have easily done it much sooner since the only way I was surviving Almagest anyway was with Aegis Shield. I didn't even buff 'fully' the first phase anyway or it would've been even easier.

I also had to bail out of the Rift like 3 times because I kept forgetting stupid stuff like Coral Rings or Cottages lol.

I'm open to any Shinryu strats people might come up with - I can't think of any way to set Berserk, and I don't think Elixirs and Phoenix Downs are going to cut it.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Rune chime puts this in the next tier.

I keep forgetting bells work on the axe damage formula because bells are barely ever worthwhile.

I stand corrected.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Ambivalent posted:

I'm open to any Shinryu strats people might come up with - I can't think of any way to set Berserk, and I don't think Elixirs and Phoenix Downs are going to cut it.

You can get 3 zombies with reflect rings and 1 bard that hides at the very beginning and then just wait.

or if you have enough levels to survive for a bit BRD with Apollo harp does 8x damage and will melt it pretty quick

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.

KataraniSword posted:

I keep forgetting bells work on the axe damage formula because bells are barely ever worthwhile.

I stand corrected.

Bells actually don't use the axe damage formula, bells have their own formula which uses Agility and Magic, and the target's M. Defense, basically being a magic version of daggers which isn't bad at all.

The problem is that only the basic Diamond Bell and the stupidly obscure Tinklebell use that, the other two, much more common Bells both use the axe formula instead for whatever reason :psyduck:

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Polderjoch posted:

Bells actually don't use the axe damage formula, bells have their own formula which uses Agility and Magic, and the target's M. Defense, basically being a magic version of daggers which isn't bad at all.

The problem is that only the basic Diamond Bell and the stupidly obscure Tinklebell use that, the other two, much more common Bells both use the axe formula instead for whatever reason :psyduck:

Would putting equip axes on a Geomancer help their strength score to be a better backup damage option than !Dance then?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Maigius posted:

Would putting equip axes on a Geomancer help their strength score to be a better backup damage option than !Dance then?

Yes, because !Gaia does not pass magic score, and consequently this makes them a better user of the Rune Axe than a Berserker. :v:

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Maigius posted:

Yes and no. The bells that are actually terrible axes are still terrible*; it's good for a net 17 Strength, or an extra M per around 7.5 levels, but applied to even the better of the two it just takes you from (on Butz) 22..67 * 6 to 9 at level 25, 12 to 19 at level 50, 24 to 37 at level 99. Apply it to the back row OK one and that damage is an even more laughable 17..52.
What you'd get out of Equip Axe is more equipping normal axes, something you'd usually do to fish for Death Sickle procs because more Death Sickle is fun or Earth Hammer procs because that Quake actually hurts with a good Magic stat behind it. But that has nothing to do with the axe-ness of some bells, and would be just as true for putting it on a WHM or SMN.
BAD MATH YOU SHOULD IGNORE GOES HERE: Longterm Equip Swords, while likely to come up later in the game, is a far better choice. Axes quarter defense, but do 50%-100% base damage; swords don't, but do 100%-112.5% base damage. So since axes almost always have worse base damage to begin with than the available sword, there's essentially no situation but Omega where that defense quartering actually helps. (Even on Omega, where no sword can get through without a buff, the bottom end of axe rolls can't get through either.) At endgame, the bottom roll on Ragnarok, 140, beats the top roll on Titan's Axe, essentially 91+((enemy Def / 4)*-3), on every enemy with lower def than 66; this, for the record, is every enemy but Omega, Prototype, Skull Eater, the caster forms of Mellusine, and Achelon. No Ragnarok? No problem! Even comparing with just Excalibur, the average roll before is 42 lower and thus only better on enemies with defense above 56, adding Garkimasra, Stingray, and Shinryu (who absorbs Holy anyway) to the list. And Equip Swords is actually 2 STR better, for a consistent one extra M at levels 64 and on.

*Equip Bells lets you put the Rune Chime, which while a terrible axe is the best omnicaster "wand" in the game as well as the best available for a second caster of a particular type, on a Freelancer or Mime. It's real good there. But it's still not good for hitting people with.

E: I'm bad at reading formulae today. :v: Kyro is, of course, right, especially with the nuance of bringing a Magic-dependent formula in and who your party can get decent Magic. You don't have an autohit so Blood Sword is out, you do have a THF so why on earth would you ever consider Brave Blade, Rune Blade flat sucks compared to Rune Axe, what little value in Equip Swords on the GEO you might find would be throwing Defender on for its Elf Mantle effect. Maybe NED to help with Vacuum Wave? Since IIRC !Gaia there will only roll direct damage AoEs, your only reliable source of AoE, and once you've got the Lamp-vulnerable piece down you need the rest to die as close together as possible.

Mandoric fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 21, 2022

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mandoric posted:

Yes and no. <good info>

Counterpoint:

Level 40 Bartz Geomancer with Equip Swords and Ragnarok: 140..157 * 17 = 2380..2669 at 0 defense (average 2524)
Level 40 Bartz Geomancer with Equip Axes and Rune Axe: 45...116 * 33 = 1485..3828 at 0 defense (average 2656)

And versus a priority target like Al-Majisti:

Level 40 Bartz Geomancer with Equip Swords and Ragnarok: ([140..157] - 30) * 17 = 1870..2159 vs 30 defense (average 2014)
Level 40 Bartz Geomancer with Equip Axes and Rune Axe: ([45..116] - 7) * 33 = 1254..3597 vs 30 defense (average 2425)

Also, Axes are attack/2 + rand(0..attack), so 50-150%, not 50-100% as you assert.

code:
3) Use Axes Damage Parameters (6.4.8): 
   Attack = (Weapon Attack/2) + (0..Weapon Attack)
   M = (Level*Strength)/128 + 2
   Defense = (Defense/4)
TL,DR: I would consider Equip Swords a better benefit to a Berserker than a Geomancer if your team has Knight, Geomancer, and Berserker, because you cannot meaningfully boost Berserker's magic to empower the Rune Axe, but you can give it to your Geomancer to essentially act as a Better Rune Chime (which is a 45+10 attack power Rune Axe versus the 71+10 attack power real-deal)

E2: Also towards your spoiler: Equip Bells does not exist. Also Freelancer can use the Rune Chime as-is. :v:

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 21, 2022

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021

Mustached Demon posted:

$2 for each Butz named Sanger (founder of PP) on up to $100. Names also acceptable: services PP provides so mamo, pap, BC, choice, etc.

Started a 375 Natural run, my first job was Thief.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

KataraniSword posted:

Classes that can't damage Omega alone (No means of doing damage whatsoever; the Chicken Knife only punches through Omega's 129 defense if it's boosted with something that increases the ATK stat - in other words, Sword Dance):

Thief
Mime
White Mage
Bard
Geomancer
Beastmaster (unless fishing for reflected Thunder rolls of like 100-200 damage from the Blitz Whip, which is like pulling teeth with a pair of tweezers, maybe the second worst option for damaging omega past fishing for bare fist criticals on one of the other classes mentioned above)

Mime and White Mage can actually break through Omega's defense with a Morning Star. Since it uses the axe damage formula, you get an attack roll between 25-75, and it just has to beat 47 to do some damage. It's not fast by any means and White Mage especially doesn't have the Strength to put out a high M without other help, but it is possible.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Wow. Bard really is ridiculous versus NED.

I knew it was going to be easy, but I didn't know it was going to be that easy.

Ambivalent posted:

I finished my run sooner than expected, and I just found out about a bunch of these incentives so I might go for a second Fiesta run!

This was my first time having Bard or Knight (lol) in a Fiesta, and I severely underestimated how easy it made Neo Exdeath. I finished at level 39, but could have easily done it much sooner since the only way I was surviving Almagest anyway was with Aegis Shield. I didn't even buff 'fully' the first phase anyway or it would've been even easier.

I also had to bail out of the Rift like 3 times because I kept forgetting stupid stuff like Coral Rings or Cottages lol.

You could do what I did: the stupid Zombie Hide trick. The trick is simple. First, you put Reflect Rings on some of your characters. Second, you get them turned into zombies: The "Necromancer" enemy in the Rift can do this. (It is more likely to cast Zombie Powder if you deal 3000+ damage to it first.) Third, you go fight Shinryu, zombies in tow. A non-Zombie party member Hides, and Shinryu very very slowly deals damage to itself reflecting Atomic Rays off the zombies.

I did it with one zombie this round (due to my own :toxx:, I had only the one reflect ring) and it took around 90 minutes, and that was with 4x speedup. So, uh, have somewhere to be. At least it's better than quickleak because you can see something is actually happening.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

nrook posted:

Wow. Bard really is ridiculous versus NED.

I knew it was going to be easy, but I didn't know it was going to be that easy.

You could do what I did: the stupid Zombie Hide trick. The trick is simple. First, you put Reflect Rings on some of your characters. Second, you get them turned into zombies: The "Necromancer" enemy in the Rift can do this. (It is more likely to cast Zombie Powder if you deal 3000+ damage to it first.) Third, you go fight Shinryu, zombies in tow. A non-Zombie party member Hides, and Shinryu very very slowly deals damage to itself reflecting Atomic Rays off the zombies.

I did it with one zombie this round (due to my own :toxx:, I had only the one reflect ring) and it took around 90 minutes, and that was with 4x speedup. So, uh, have somewhere to be. At least it's better than quickleak because you can see something is actually happening.

If one of your jobs is Beastmaster, you can give them the Fire Lash, and the zombie will just constantly bounce Firagas off of themselves

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Beastmaster can also just berserk+blind Shinryu instead, though admittedly you might not want to have to dedicate a catch slot to Flash when you enter the void.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Beastmaster can also just berserk+blind Shinryu instead, though admittedly you might not want to have to dedicate a catch slot to Flash when you enter the void.

On the screen you fight Twintania, Mammons (originally from Moore Forest) are available as a rare encounter and use Rainbow Wind, which sets Blind + Sap. That sap's not going to land, but it's still better than lugging a Beastmaster with an unusable Catch through 80% of the void.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Yeah! I’ve got 3 zombies with reflect up, and im letting it run while I work so we’ll see!

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021

Reiterpallasch posted:

:toxx: I will match any Job Fair donations made to trade in a stronger class (higher Job Fair value) for a weaker one*, up to $300.

*not you, Beastmaster. seriously why is that $1

Job faired Ranger (worth $5) for Bard (worth $3) to avoid a repeat of 2021 Run 3.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

KataraniSword posted:

On the screen you fight Twintania, Mammons (originally from Moore Forest) are available as a rare encounter and use Rainbow Wind, which sets Blind + Sap. That sap's not going to land, but it's still better than lugging a Beastmaster with an unusable Catch through 80% of the void.
I feel like my party is rarely bad enough that having one person who can't use !Release is the dealbreaker (but also I would still just use a Mammon)

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

CourtlyHades296 posted:

Job faired Ranger (worth $5) for Bard (worth $3) to avoid a repeat of 2021 Run 3.

Wow, how is Ranger worth more than bard? Am I missing something about Ranger?

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
!Rapid Fire is why

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Job fair prices are based on RK's opinions of the classes.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

In fairness I do kind of agree with this one. Bard is definitely more powerful than Ranger, but it can be finicky and tedious to use effectively, and it’s bad against a few bosses before Drakenvale. In contrast, Ranger is always strong, sturdy and useful, even if it can’t single-handedly save bad parties the way Bard can.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Its also easy to brute force with Ranger all the way till NED. Animals and Elemental bows can carry all the way to Atomos, and Rapid Fire handles Atomos all the way till Tree Ex death. He's helpless against Omega and Shinryuu without help but most people doing the run skip those 2.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Speaking of not skipping Omega and Shinryu:

My shinryu screenshot is not great, but I also have

This is my first time killing Shinryu in a fiesta, far as I can remember

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind

Well this might've been the stupidest run I ever had. NED got to take one (1) action before keeling over to a rain of 9999s. And a "free" triple crown as well.

Mustached Demon posted:

After actually checking the thread, I can now see that my name was not very original :v:

Jose Valasquez posted:

I also made a late toxx last year that didn't get much traction, but maybe it'll get more this year if it starts from the beginning:
$0.20 for every combined party level under 100 when killing NED, so if your party levels are 25/25/25/24 I'll donate $0.20. If your levels are 1/1/1/1 I'll donate $19.20

In addition, for Omega and Shinryu kills I'll donate an extra $0.10 per level under 100 for each fight. Max of $250

nrook posted:

Life's Too Short

I will donate $5 for every run that doesn't use Reflect Rings randomly dropped by or stolen from enemies. It's okay to use the guaranteed drop from Leviathan and the ring found in Istory Falls. I'll donate an additional $5 if you do this and beat Exdeath in World 2 at or under level 25, on all characters.

No screenshot for the rings here, but please trust me on that I did not need them. I do have a screenshot of my final levels for the bonus incentive above.

DalaranJ posted:

Oh, heck, I better toxx now.

:toxx: Summoner or No Summoner
$4 for every run that has summoner and has only required summons on their spell list (Usually Ifrit and Titan, although it's possible Titan is a crystal in some versions?)
$4 for every run that does not have Summoner and has all summons on their spell list
Cap $100, fifth job and void need not apply

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!
Nearing the end of my run, KGT/RDM/GEO/DRG, this is by far the lowest power party I've played in a fiesta. Managed to get a couple of these challenges complete. I'll post some more thoughts once I actually complete this run. I will say that the change to rod breaking in the Pixel Remaster added a fair amount of AOE damage which I have come to appreciate.

Nemo2342 posted:

Are You Sure You're Using That Thing Correctly?: $1 per run (up to $25) for anyone who takes a picture of themselves attacking Omega with a class that's wielding a completely inappropriate weapon.

This is for charity so you don't actually have to KILL Omega like this, I just want to see Chemists wielding axes smacking the big dumb robot.

Geomancer with a holy lance, part of me feels that bells should count anyways, I don't think I used one to attack throughout the run.

girl dick energy posted:

I just got an unexpected windfall, so here's another :toxx: I've been considering.

There Are Even Twelve Of Them: $2 for every run that gets all the tablets and, thus, all the Legendary Weapons. Screenshot of your inventory is fine for verification. Max number of runs I'll be accepting TBD, but I'm thinking $24. (Twelve of them!)

(Friendly reminder that you don't need to beat Leviathan, you can just leave after grabbing the tablet! :ssh:)

I convinced myself I needed the second Aegis Shield from Istory Falls, and at that point I may as well do the trench too.

DrRandulf
Mar 11, 2014

Kyrosiris posted:

HELLO FRIENDS WHO IS READY FOR :siren: FUN :toxx: TIMES :siren:

You see, in learning that nothing is bear proof, I wanted to put that to the test. I ran the numbers (a dangerous, fire-involving task) and discovered that a Sand Bear's Strong Fight (Bearaga) has a base attack power of two hundred and eighty-eight. The highest physical defense score in the game is Omega's, at 190, meaning that yes, nothing in Final Fantasy V, even the impregnable Stomp-Bot, is bear proof.

So prove it.

The first person to provide ideally video/gif but I will accept a screenshot of getting the finishing blow on Omega with a released bear of any type (Sand, Jail, etc) will win a custom role in the FJF discord. I will also donate $20 to charity in their honor, and an additional $10 for the first three runners-up, as well as granting them the custom role if they wish and the winner's cool with it.

Took a whole bunch of retries, levels, and yet retries after that, but in the end, nothing is truly bear-proof.

Even if my choice in platform made it much harder than it needed to be.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315364487882342401/989331303398793266/FINAL_FANTASY_V_2022-06-22_19-47-32.mp4

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

nrook posted:

Life's Too Short

I will donate $5 for every run that doesn't use Reflect Rings randomly dropped by or stolen from enemies. It's okay to use the guaranteed drop from Leviathan and the ring found in Istory Falls. I'll donate an additional $5 if you do this and beat Exdeath in World 2 at or under level 25, on all characters.

girl dick energy posted:

I just got an unexpected windfall, so here's another :toxx: I've been considering.

There Are Even Twelve Of Them: $2 for every run that gets all the tablets and, thus, all the Legendary Weapons. Screenshot of your inventory is fine for verification. Max number of runs I'll be accepting TBD, but I'm thinking $24. (Twelve of them!)

(Friendly reminder that you don't need to beat Leviathan, you can just leave after grabbing the tablet! :ssh:)

Jose Valasquez posted:

I also made a late toxx last year that didn't get much traction, but maybe it'll get more this year if it starts from the beginning:
$0.20 for every combined party level under 100 when killing NED, so if your party levels are 25/25/25/24 I'll donate $0.20. If your levels are 1/1/1/1 I'll donate $19.20

In addition, for Omega and Shinryu kills I'll donate an extra $0.10 per level under 100 for each fight. Max of $250

Completions:
0 power chicken knife - Vernatio, Serene Dragon, Darkoni, Modoh
Low level - CourtlyHades ($6.80 for Omega/Shinryu, $6 for NED)

Imgur album of my proofs, I also quickleaked omega but that's not here:
https://imgur.com/a/qU5pIvQ

I didn't need reflect rings, I got a white mage with double cast! I don't remember what I beat meatdeath at, but I triple crowned with 24/24/25/24, so less than 25.

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!

I take back what I said about bells. The Rune Charm from the Void was my primary way of dealing damage to Shinryu, dealing about 1000 damage at a time. And Neo-Exdeath made the mistake of giving Lenna berserk right as I had whittled the last two pieces down. I only had to attempt the fight twice but there were some close calls to Almagest/Grand Cross.

I've had a prior Fiesta run with Knight before, two-handed stayed on for pretty much the entire game. This party was weaker than the last time I rolled Knight so I had to abuse Guard/Cover for the first time. Hard to complain about dealing 4-5k a swing with a Ragnarok.

Red Mage really benefits from the changes to rod-breaking in the remaster, bumping it up from very underpowered to merely mediocre. I was dealing about 2.5k to each part of Neo ExDeath per rod which really helped speed the fight up. Double cast raises and curas were handy, but that anemic magic stat made it so most the party had to cast to deal with party-wide damage. Enhancer plus two-handed turns RDM into a glass cannon but I never felt comfortable putting one in the front row past World 1. I would have much rather had any other rod-using class though.

Geomancer was surprisingly useful. The decent magic stat meant my red magic actually did something, and !gaia was very good through most of the game. It was not so useful during boss fights and some of the terrain sets are terrible, but so much of the gaia effects are either instant kills or drop enemies to critical health. Certainly a weak class but world 2 would have been much harder without the AOE damage.

Dragoon was terrible, it felt like a knight but worse. The second shield user was handy, and !jump did come into play a few times. Overall this was a class that either did fairly middling damage or good damage with an excessive pause in between jumps. For Neo-Exdeath I slapped double cast on Krile and had her jump to avoid the scary stuff, and then stabilize the party when she landed.

Overall it felt good to beat the game and Shinryu with an underwhelming party. And the pixel remaster was good, the QOL changes like autosave and the mini map were nice. I was mixed on the game speed, some parts and fights felt very slow but I think that can be modded. The music was mostly great with a few duds, and I am amazed at how good the new version of Harvest was.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

First off, blame Carbybot for the eye-searing menu color I did this run with.

Mustached Demon posted:

girl dick energy posted:

Nemo2342 posted:

Are You Sure You're Using That Thing Correctly?: $1 per run (up to $25) for anyone who takes a picture of themselves attacking Omega with a class that's wielding a completely inappropriate weapon.

This is for charity so you don't actually have to KILL Omega like this, I just want to see Chemists wielding axes smacking the big dumb robot.
Had no chance of taking out Omega without being able to stop him, so I offer up two images for your entertainment. First, we have a white mage wielding the Masamune:

If that is not to your liking, how about a Mystic Knight barehanding? Thundaga !Spellfist wasn't very effective.

DalaranJ posted:

$4 for every run that does not have Summoner and has all summons on their spell list

Despite not needing to do.....pretty much any of this, it was really a lot of fun! I feel like a solid 60% of my runs don't even go into Island Shrine, and the other 40% stop after Fork so it was refreshing to see parts of the game I rarely dive into, fight enemies I never see, and also super-power up a decently strong team just for the sake of doing so. Thank you toxx donators!

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Jose Valasquez posted:

I beat Omega and NED with this party

Should have been able to get a triple crown but for some reason my party ran away once they were all zombies, dead or hidden (as you can see in the screenshot, I'm set to just !Hide with Cara and wait for dragon death). Has this never worked on the SNES version of the game?

NED was a fun fight, I used !Hide to drain the tree of MP and then sang up my stats to the point where NED got to do a grand total of two actions before being destroyed

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Man with Hat posted:

Should have been able to get a triple crown but for some reason my party ran away once they were all zombies, dead or hidden (as you can see in the screenshot, I'm set to just !Hide with Cara and wait for dragon death). Has this never worked on the SNES version of the game?

Interesting, I knew that if you Hide while everyone else is dead in SNES you would run away but didn't know it applied to Zombies as well

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
The strategy definitely works in the GBA version, but yeah, technically !Hide is supposed to be an instant flee if that's possible (and it is with Shinryu) and everyone is either hidden or dead. Can't seem to find any references to the strat outside of the GBA version though.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Maybe it's having any dead party members at all that's causing the issue? Have you tried picking Faris up off the floor and having them both !Hide instead?

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Man with Hat posted:

I beat Omega and NED with this party

NED was a fun fight, I used !Hide to drain the tree of MP and then sang up my stats to the point where NED got to do a grand total of two actions before being destroyed

OK, so the zombie tactic vs Shinryu works on SNES but mine was glitched. As of right now the best guess we have in the discord is that the glitch that lets you transfer properties of armor between battles somehow happened with my CK between battles, because I did not have a zombie weilding a chicken knife.

As far as we could tell and as far as I understand what people who know more than me about FF5 have said in the discord, it seems like I probably had CK equipped in a fight, removed it from a character either between or during a fight and then the character who had it on got zombified and the !Flee property stuck to the zombie.

Anyway, unequipping everyone of everything here we are. Same levels as above, everyone is 24

Edit: also if anyone wants to look into this send me a PM and I can send you a save file where it's active, whatever glitch is going on.

Man with Hat fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jun 23, 2022

subujun
Mar 31, 2010
1st run for the year done. 375 on the pixel remaster. Rolled White Mage/Red Mage/Beastmaster/Dragoon. Being able to break rods while still holding one allowed Red Mage to be relevant until I got Holy. Even then, being able to snag two Chicken Knives just had them switch to that. Only grinded everybody up to having over 1000 HP to survive NED's attacks. Shinryu was a joke with easy berserk & blink.

Mustached Demon posted:

https://twitter.com/subujun/status/1540110907765932033

DalaranJ posted:

Oh, heck, I better toxx now.

$4 for every run that has summoner and has only required summons on their spell list (Usually Ifrit and Titan, although it's possible Titan is a crystal in some versions?)
Cap $100, fifth job and void need not apply

girl dick energy posted:

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021
Just finished a 375 Natural run on Waddler's Balance patch with the team Thief/Red Mage/Bard/Dragoon. This mod gives Red Mage !Dualcast as it's default ability, and also gives Thief a lot of the GBA Job abilities. These two changes made the jobs far more useful than they ever were in vanilla FF5. Omega and Shinryu also died to this team. One thing in this mod that should be patched, is that Magic Dragons have Elixirs as a common steal rather than the intended rare steal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

girl dick energy posted:

I counted sixteen fulfillments on this, so far. Eepies, Red Metal, Serene Dragon, Odysseus S. Grant, Zarick, ArashiKurobara, Mandoric, Darkoni, Ace Transmuter, Modoh, Rasamune, nrook, Tergaso, Unreal_One, oldskool, and subujun.

I'm gonna call that my max on it, and save the rest of my charity money for the other incentives I've got up.