Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I don't think it's a girl's bike: girl's bikes still have two bars:

This one only has one; I've seen some bikes like that, but they're mostly with a suspended back seat to buffer shocks and releave back pain associated with writing. I think Branco might, and I know this is shocking, just not be a good artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

ObamaAkbar. posted:

They banned anyone who has gone through ‘male puberty’. I’m assuming that’s the point he is trying to make with the boy being 12 years old.
Yeah, and they were like “but we don’t encourage transitioning at 12” and it’s that extra layer of cruelty on top.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Raised By Birds posted:

Assuming the song quote is meant to be wistful, Tina's idea of protecting kids is to bring back corporal punishment.

What's that colored kid doing in one of our schools!?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the average american voter is more concerned about the price of a gallon of gas than paying attention to anything else happening in politics, a good cartoon

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Cowcaster posted:

the average american voter is more concerned about the price of a gallon of gas than paying attention to anything else happening in politics, a good cartoon

I think that is the point. Hands is a liberal cartoonist, after all. Note that this is Uncle Sam trying to inform the public, not media or some corrupt politician. He's a powerful symbol that is not to be overused.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

the average american voter understands intuitively that nothing is happening or is going to happen concerning jan 6th, so attention turns to day-to-day problems

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Note that Biden's riding what used to be termed a "girls' bike" here, which I assume is a insult.

Do they still even make separate boys' and girls' bikes? EDIT: Google sez they do, which depresses me since they exist because of a fashion trend that's been dead for almost a century.

Last time I checked out where e-bikes are now I think the two different styles were being referred to as "walk-through" and "step over" which actually makes a lot more sense though I don't know enough about bikes to say why one would want one style over the other. Seems like the "girls" version is just the obviously superior design to me

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Seems like the "girls" version is just the obviously superior design to me

This is 99% true. There is a slight structural advantage to the step over design with three straight bars in a triangle, but with modern materials, it doesn't matter. And also it makes you look manly, which is obviously important...

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the UK’s most significant rail strike for three decades – The RMT union said it will meet rail bosses for fresh talks on Wednesday while Downing Street has said it will ‘not give in’ to demands"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Labour civil war looms as frontbenchers defy Keir Starmer to join picket lines

Independent:

Times:

France in crisis after elections leave Macron battered

Evening Standard:

How RMT boss Mick Lynch became the unexpected star of the rail strikes

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
It’s not a great looking bike, but it’s largely the right shapes and angles other than Biden’s legs both pointing in the same direction/not long enough. Branco is somehow leading the pack in depicting an accurate bike in political cartoons.
Imagine being worse at depicting a physical object in art than Branco.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Blind Duke posted:

Imagine being worse at depicting a physical object in art than Branco.

How is Rall doing, anyway?

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

DRAIN THE SWAMP!

If you’ve listened to Pelosi’s January 6 Commission, you’ve heard a great many politicians use the phrase, “our democracy” over and over.

The panel members claim President Trump worked to ‘undermine our democracy,’ or you’ll hear the protest on January 6 was a ‘huge threat to our democracy’ even though most of the protestors were more interested than taking selfies than assassinating people in Congress. None of the protestors were armed. There was no threat to ‘our democracy.’ When you hear the Democrats say Trump is a threat to ‘our democracy,’ what they’re really saying is Trump is a threat to ‘our power.’Besides, the United States is not a democracy. Our founding fathers had a profound distrust of democracy.

That’s why safeguards were built in. They didn’t want to see individual rights voted away by a majority mob. Pelosi and her crew are well aware of this, so why do they keep saying ‘our democracy?’ Because they don’t want our Republic to survive. They want to end the Electoral College. They want to federalize voting. They want to concentrate all power to Washington D.C. into their hands.The states that ratified the Constitution were distrustful of a strong, central government. They were unwilling to relinquish state power to tyrants. By controlling the vote, the Marxist Democrat tyrants will maintain power no matter what kind of humiliation they dole out to citizens.

Direct democracy means rural states will have no say. The big, blue cities will vote for pre-selected Democrats and they will win. The RINO Republicans are fine with this. America will have a uni-party that can’t be voted out of power. At that point, we may as well drop ‘states’ from the United States. Instead, we’ll be the United Democratic Mob. If the J6 Committee is able to convince the DOJ to pursue a felony charge against Trump, he may not be able to run for president again. That has been Pelosi and Schiff’s goal all along.

The tears of Kinzinger and feigned outrage from Liz Cheney are nothing but acting to help the never-Trumper Republicans select an establishment-approved candidate who will probably lose to Joe or Kamala—especially since future elections will no doubt be rigged by the Marxist Democrats. The J6 Committee was set up to help the Democrats grab permanent power.

We all know the J6 Committee is a joke, but the punchline is definitely not funny.

— Ben Garrison

Does he think Direct Democracy is another way to refer to presidential elections going off of a national popular vote?

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

The panel members claim President Trump worked to ‘undermine our democracy,’ or you’ll hear the protest on January 6 was a ‘huge threat to our democracy’ even though most of the protestors were more interested than taking selfies than assassinating people in Congress.

I like how even in his defense, at least some protestors wanted to assassinate people.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

How is Rall doing, anyway?

After seeing what he thinks a gun looks like I'd love his interpretation on the theme of "bicycle"

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021
So Ben has flip-flopped again between his positions of

"The Jan 6 protesters were all secret government and Antifa plants paid by Soros and the Clintons!"

And back to

"The Jan 6 protesters were all innocent Trump supporters that did nothing wrong!"

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
a bar, two wheels, gears and a seat. How hard can it be to draw?!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

New senator David Pocock puts climate squeeze on Greens (AFR). Also, :australia:.

Broelman:

Reserve Bank of Australia warns borrowers to expect more interest rate rises (Guardian). Also, :australia:.

Knight:

Aboriginal flag to be permanently flown atop the West Gate Bridge in Melbourne. Also, :australia:.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Judge takes aim at Lisa Wilkinson's mention of Brittany Higgins in Logies speech as Bruce Lehrmann's rape trial delayed (ABC).

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Raised By Birds posted:

Does he think Direct Democracy is another way to refer to presidential elections going off of a national popular vote?

I am not okay with Nancy Pelosi frog boobs.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

There is a lot wrong with that Frog Nancy.

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Vib Rib posted:

I was about to say, extremely coordinated messaging going on.

Its as if their owned by the same guy!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Meanwhile in 1948, Election Day is coming!

And things don't quite go the way the Trib cartoonists were hoping...

But there are new issues to take on, and the same old Communists to hate!

Happy Thanksgiving...

and Merry Christmas!

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
The elephant, donkey, and dodo(?) all have human hands with white skin tones, regardless of their shading, and it's giving me the jibblies.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Note that Biden's riding what used to be termed a "girls' bike" here, which I assume is a insult.
Man, I don't think I ever would have picked up on that.

World Famous W posted:

a bar, two wheels, gears and a seat.
Either this prompt or simply 'bicycle' run through that AI image gen program would still probably result in a more accurate image than whatever Rall draws.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Zero_Grade posted:

Either this prompt or simply 'bicycle' run through that AI image gen program would still probably result in a more accurate image than whatever Rall draws.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Even "Joe Biden on a Bicycle" comes up with a better composite than most of these clowns

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Those are all way too competently drawn to be Ralls

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The AI can't simulate the proper level of self aggrandisement either.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Steve Breen

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Phil Hands

Clay Jones

Pedro X. Molina

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Rob Rogers

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

Beggars Can’t Be Choosy: How weak must an American President look when he bowing and begging for oil while refusing our own at home.

Quite a lot of uploads today, more than most wednesdays.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Drawing the aftermath of an abortion clinic bombing, and then saying “god wouldn’t evil pro-choice people be terrible for doing this to us????????”

I am just stunned.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Raised By Birds posted:

Tony Branco

Quite a lot of uploads today, more than most wednesdays.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
ha, thank you

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

They do realize that this is literally opposite of reality right? This is projecting so hard.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I have no idea what this is trying to say but since Wuerker is a piece of poo poo I'm going to assume it's "actually it's cool and good that we invaded these countries and killed millions of people because we got some good restaurants from the refugees".

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The modern woke navy, uniquely obsessed with titles and proper forms of address

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Mordaedil posted:

They do realize that this is literally opposite of reality right? This is projecting so hard.

there was at least one case of a government (or ngo?) office getting firebombed and graffitied by someone pro-choice. this is a right that is worth violent protest over, so decrying it as a false flag is conceding ground that shouldn't be conceded.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

The modern woke navy, uniquely obsessed with titles and proper forms of address

When I was in basic training 20 years ago, one of the quickest ways to get chewed out was to misgender someone (call a "sir" "ma'am" or vice versa).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

ungulateman posted:

there was at least one case of a government (or ngo?) office getting firebombed and graffitied by someone pro-choice. this is a right that is worth violent protest over, so decrying it as a false flag is conceding ground that shouldn't be conceded.

A clinic that does not give abortions has not been fire-bombed for not providing abortions. The opposite has, however, happened a lot.