Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Python

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Unponderable posted:

I just unlocked Large Island yesterday (after a few thousand manual fishes for catfish). I threw in several hundred nets, got my first 100m, felt nice. However, now, it feels like I just hit a huge wall with the Whispering Creek unlock quests (much less the Pirate's Cove quests - ye gods this is not balanced for a fresh player, I'll be level 99 well before I unlock this level 80 zone). Should I be focusing on making my first billions for a while?

Parts Unknown for whispering creek honestly isn’t too bad. I finished it before corn quandary. The biggest annoyance for it is the dice and spectacles. You should passively get enough feathers or leaves from hitting the forest for money to use the exchange center to wrap it up. Parts Unknown feels pretty fair in time and difficulty as a newer player to unlock Whispering Creek. I would say focus on it and your first billion in parallel.

Intruders Beware is not fair or aimed at new players of an appropriate level. It will be a long time before you unlock Pirate Cover. For reference, I just unlocked Pirate’s Cove and I have WC unlocked, the 1B row, 1k orchard, 7 level six pets, and a steelworks pretty pumped. Also 99 in everything except farming (97) and exploring (87).

200 pocket watches, the model ship, 100 gold fliers, 50-100 of every lower tier item the macaw drops is going to take a while. The macaw was my first level 6 pet and it got 6 more to level 6 before I got all the drops I needed from him.

I would guess the quest is as much a kick in the dick as it is because it’s a new zone with lots of testing and hype and there are long term players with tons of resources and they didn’t want them finishing it immediately. I sincerely hope it gets nerfed at some point or they greatly improve gold fishing.

Moldy Sausage
Oct 5, 2004
Where am I going?

Keep in mind that pc is the lvl 80 fishing zone, while WC is only lvl 70. The quest is meant to be a bump up in difficulty. I’m a new player and was frustrated doing the quest too but apart from the gold fish it really isn’t too bad, you just need to buy the macaw and snake as early as possible and wait a few days. Gold fish do suck and I wish there was an alternative way to get them besides capybara.

To continue the chain, I’m stuck on the next annoying roadblock after pc, getting to 99 exploring. Lvl 88 may seem like a lot but it’s barely more than 1/4 of the way there. I’m tempted to just take a hiatus and only log on once a day to bank up stamina until the next event then just spam wc and just ignore the drops. Hopefully the new zone does something to fix 80+ exploring because so far this and the quest rewards/rare items that don’t do anything are only part of the game that really feel unfinished.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Lawlicaust posted:

The biggest annoyance for it is the dice and spectacles.

Yeah I almost asked for advice on getting these, but then I realized the answer was probably just exploring for the better part of a week straight. Wishing well alone won't get me there in any reasonable period of time.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
I'm both in corn jail and eggplant jail right now, corn goes up when i've got poo poo to do and eggplant when I have time to gently caress around but goddamn i cannot get runestone 20 to save my rear end, I already have 2 inferno stones tho

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I have to admit I didn't think the perk resets would be my favorite bit of joining the patreon, but honestly it's really nice to plant things at massive decreased timer & massive increased output, and then be able to freely & immediately switch over to discounted crafting, 20% doubled fishing output with 50% bait retention, and/or 33% stamina return with 20% experience boost.

that and i finally got around to fixing that autofishing script from earlier in the thread :ninja: I'm still playing with it as far as including random values in the timers and offsets to make it less obvious and I still do most of my fishing on my phone when I should be asleep...

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009
I’m 85/94/93/80, I’ve got LI and WC unlocked. I’m at the point I think where I need to just start hoarding silver but I’m not sure what the most efficient way is. Fishing LI seems alright, I did lanterns for a long time. Right now I’m doing drums.

Any advice?

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
I think fishing is going to be your best $ source. Depends on the pet upgrades etc that you have what to focus on I think. In general I think trying to get raptors would be a good call.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

tildes posted:

I think fishing is going to be your best $ source. Depends on the pet upgrades etc that you have what to focus on I think. In general I think trying to get raptors would be a good call.

They’re going to get plenty of raptors grinding exploring to 99, I wouldn’t try to force it.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Fcdts26 posted:

I’m 85/94/93/80, I’ve got LI and WC unlocked. I’m at the point I think where I need to just start hoarding silver but I’m not sure what the most efficient way is. Fishing LI seems alright, I did lanterns for a long time. Right now I’m doing drums.

Any advice?

Guitars are slightly better than drums for a while depending on which mats you have and how leveled your steelworks is. As you finish leveling crafting, you will make a mix of:
Lantern
Guitar
Drums
Red Shield
Blue Pouch
Purple Bag (if you ever have the mats)
Sturdy Bow

Sturdy Bow is probably the best bang for your buck overall. You get 3 of the mats automatically from farm structures, you can grow the mushrooms, and you’ll have tons of oak.

At max, you’ll basically make xbows and sturdy bows while mastering other items one at a time. I’d check what you are close to mastering and focus some of those with you excess mats. Your list will probably look something like:

Already GM’dd
Iron Ring
Board
Twine

Close to GM
Fancy Pipe

Things to focus next
Swordfish (maybe barracuda if you don’t have PC unlocked by the time you finish swordfish)
Mushroom
Sturdy Shield
Unpolished Shimmer Stone
Wood Plank
Horse Shoe (excess stone after you finish pipe)
Iron Cup (Stone after you finish horseshoe

You are going to have a lot of GMs and most of your pets max by the time you finish leveling exploring. At 80, you are probably have 2 months of exploring to unlock WC unless you just throw every bit of stamina you can craft at it and void tons of oak. Even then it will be very long push. I’ve had WC unlocked for a few weeks and I’m only 87. I have been spending Stam at other places to unlock Pirate’s Cove and make more money so I void less.

I hit the honey wall today in Strange Companions so I think I’m going to start just grinding WC and voiding mats to push exploring because there really isn’t anything else to unlock for me until exploring 99.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'm also in an awkward money spot in that I have both LI and WC unlocked but still am Large Net fishing on LI for all my money, so spending all my stam on Forest for mats for Large Nets. I'm 84/99/94/79 with Lvl6 Parrot and Snake. I've got 1B in the bank for the next farm row during the (hopefully) next event, and I'm out of Corn Jail for now. Since I'm not grinding WC yet, I'm not getting Drums/Guitars, but am spending excess wood on Sturdy Shields/excess stone on Horseshoes for the GM while I fish. Any time I max on Mushroom Paste I make some tools (Axe/Hammer) or rings so I can make more with all the mushrooms for exploring. I'm figuring on spending my next 1B on getting my Frog to Lvl6 and am just keeping my orchard/hay/trout inventory maxed. I haven't touched my steelworks really due to the cost, and my sawmill is at 1/2 max inventory.

Should I be moving to grinding WC at this point and upgrading the steelworks? Or is LI fishing/easy GMs still the way to go until I get better pets/infrastructure?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Getting steelworks up would really increase you money generation and make hitting WC at least with half your stamina a day pretty profitable. WC will give you raptor eggs that will let you make nets. 1 raptor = 2 large nets a day at level 5 so 4-6m a day depending on perks and LI or PC.

Sturdy Bow is really profitable once you have steelworks as is xbow. You can start by doing WC to get enough oak to use up your steelworks resources and then slowly scale from there.

The longer you put off starting on WC, the longer til you have raptors and get 99 exploring. I think you are at the point where doing WC will be good. Bows, drums, guitars, pouches, and bags will also help get your crafting high enough for xbows.

Edit: someone also did good analysis a few pages back that saving for an event for farm row might not be worth it depending on how long it is.

Tahirovic posted:

Since this decision was up for me and I got some help from help chat, I decided to post it here for people in a similar position. Once you have the spare silver for the 1b crop row (I'd suggest getting 4-6 pets to lvl6 before and the very first bil should be storehouse anyway). Here's some numbers to decide if you buy it now or wait for a possible event. Note, currently help chat assumes next event to be around 4th of July.

If you don't have lvl90 farming yet, you will be using Grape Juice on Sunflowers (60'480xp per plot) because Beets (90'720xp per plot) unlock at farming 90.
You have 32 plots before buying the 1bil extra row which adds 4 more plots. So the math is kinda simple:
32 plots * 4 grape juice uses * 30’240xp (difference between Sunflowers and Beets) = 3'870'720xp per day increase (5'806'080xp/day if you have the 2 extra grape juices from beta)
4 new plots * 4 grape juice uses * 90'720xp = 1'451'520 per day increase (2'177'280xp/day if you have the 2 extra grape juices from beta)
So you get 5.3m xp/day for buying the extra row with 4gj uses/day and 7.98m with 6gj uses/day.

The 1bil crop row is apparently 1bil xp, the event bonus is expected to be 10% to 25%, so 100m to 250m bonus xp. So it's 20-30 days until buying now is better than waiting for the event. Even less if you have beta for the extra 2 gj uses/day.
I ignored xp modifiers from perks and upgrades as I figured they would be the same for both the event bonus and your gj crops. I ignored the xp from normal growing of crops, so in reality the 1b crop row returns the lost bonus xp even quicker.

What I am saying is, everyone will be telling you to wait with the 1b crop row for an event, but you should enter your numbers to see if that's really worth it.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 22, 2022

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I'm nearing my first billion, I know that the standard advice is storehouse for more max inventory space but that just feels so boring. I'm primarily interested in whatever will maximize my silver income, so that I can snowball to billion 2, 3, etc - is that still storehouse first? Or has someone run the math on Macaw for large nets? (Or frog for WC access and better crafting and/or raptors, I suppose.)

83/93/92/76, if it matters.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
Related question, but is the level 6 Macaw really the only way to get anglerfish? Making it a mandatory prerequisite for Pirate's Cove?

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

I think both are defensible at this point; I’d still be inclined to go storehouse since it’s a lot easier to make silver than it is to make more max inventory, but Macaw will definitely be more silver at first.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Unponderable posted:

Related question, but is the level 6 Macaw really the only way to get anglerfish? Making it a mandatory prerequisite for Pirate's Cove?

Yep. But honestly if getting a pet to level 6 is a problem, you’re not ready for the rest of the PC quest line anyway. (L6 python is also basically a requirement though it is theoretically possible to get enough skull coins through exploration.)

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

Is PC meaningfully better silver than LI?

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

HelloNewman posted:

Is PC meaningfully better silver than LI?

For me, with all sales perks and a good chunk of the fish from each GMed:

1x LN in PC: ~6.5 mil silver
1x LN in LI: ~4.5 mil silver

So yeah, a pretty good percentage better.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I’m getting 7.2-7.3M silver per LN in PC, myself, with only one more GM to go.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

With no masteries it’s about 4m per large net in LI and 6m per large net in PC, so add like 20% onto that with masteries.

PC also drops large chest 3s and mystical chest 2s, which are full of good stuff.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Arcturas posted:

I'm nearing my first billion, I know that the standard advice is storehouse for more max inventory space but that just feels so boring. I'm primarily interested in whatever will maximize my silver income, so that I can snowball to billion 2, 3, etc - is that still storehouse first? Or has someone run the math on Macaw for large nets? (Or frog for WC access and better crafting and/or raptors, I suppose.)

83/93/92/76, if it matters.

Depends on how fast you make you next few billion but I did Macaw before Storehouse and found it to be a good trade off. My second billion was about 5 days after my first so 10 inventory slots isn’t that big a deal. There’s a real acceleration in money making after a few pets and 90s crafting with steelworks. I went from my 1st Billion 2 weeks ago to making a solid 1-2B a day.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

drat it, i can hear the whispering creek from here

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

oldskool posted:

drat it, i can hear the whispering creek from here

It’s a great point in the game to be farming Forest as much as possible anyway!

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
It looks like each of my 1–10 runes has a single request remaining; is it silly for me to hold off making Inferno Spheres until I get to that point? I have the L6 green dragon so I get runes all the time.

My fear is that I’ll suddenly come up short when it’s the last quest in a chain or something.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Note that it seems to have been confirmed that there will be some sort of event for the 4th of July.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

FreshFeesh posted:

It looks like each of my 1–10 runes has a single request remaining; is it silly for me to hold off making Inferno Spheres until I get to that point? I have the L6 green dragon so I get runes all the time.

My fear is that I’ll suddenly come up short when it’s the last quest in a chain or something.

One of the requests towards the end of the chain to unlock the tower asks for 4 of each runes 1-10, and 11-20. That’s probably the one you have left so depending on where you’re at in the chain, I wouldn’t worry about holding on to them as long as you have a steady supply.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
Gold cucumber is supposed to give a 1 in 3 chance of getting a gold carrot from the wishing well, and throwing in 9 a day gave me 1 on Tuesday, 1 on Wednesday, and ZERO today :cry:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Davedave24 posted:

Gold cucumber is supposed to give a 1 in 3 chance of getting a gold carrot from the wishing well, and throwing in 9 a day gave me 1 on Tuesday, 1 on Wednesday, and ZERO today :cry:

How many do you need? Most of us with the Python have hundreds/thousands of them.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
On that note I've been grinding peas for the past 3 days to get the last 2 gold peas I need for a request and the wishing well has not been cooperative on that front.

If anyone wants to send 2 gold peas to dolphinbomb that'd be swell :)

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Just ask for Gold Crops in Giveaways, people will just hand them off to you.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

dolphinbomb posted:

On that note I've been grinding peas for the past 3 days to get the last 2 gold peas I need for a request and the wishing well has not been cooperative on that front.

If anyone wants to send 2 gold peas to dolphinbomb that'd be swell :)

Sent you 3

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Just got 600 Large Nets for 100 gold, inflation is crazy out here, yo

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

This quest to get 100x Gold Flier, Gold Coral and Goldfin is annoying as hell. The tower is going to be a nightmare.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Special Event posted:

Enjoy +15% more Skill XP and Silver when selling at the Farmer's Market, now through Sunday evening!

:yotj:

Edit: and now +15% gold on purchases too

FreshFeesh fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 24, 2022

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

obi_ant posted:

This quest to get 100x Gold Flier, Gold Coral and Goldfin is annoying as hell. The tower is going to be a nightmare.

L6 Capybara helps a lot with gold fish.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
FarmRPG emailed me, which is a first:

Farms posted:

Enjoy +15% more Skill XP and Silver when selling at the Farmer's Market, now through Sunday evening!

Faster Server:
The game is running faster than ever! We had to move to a new server that made all the difference.

XP to Silver:
Available to all 4x99 players now! Convert your XP daily to Silver

Mega Seeds:
You can get Mega Beets and Mega Sunflower Seeds. These allow 10x of the crop out of a single seed.

Peaches and Peach Juice:
Part of the Personal Help Request system. Peach Juice will have other future uses.

Tons more:
Check Updates for complete details...

e: still talk of there possibly being a July 4th event so might be worth considering if you sell off your inventory this weekend or roll the dice.

DRINK ME fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 24, 2022

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If I lose a lava or inferno sphere do I also lose access to their corresponding areas? Got a quest asking for my only lava sphere and I don't wanna.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

If I lose a lava or inferno sphere do I also lose access to their corresponding areas? Got a quest asking for my only lava sphere and I don't wanna.

Yes you do, but you should still give that guy your sphere. He’ll give it back quickly. Trust the quest!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:wth:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Also put one of each sphere in your storehouse and then don’t worry about selling them all. You can still access the areas if they’re in the storehouse.