Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

KinkyJohn posted:

Hey kid. Ima compootah

uhhhh what the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
*Elon playing Minecraft and becoming ridiculously wealthy by exploiting Villagers and stealing their Emeralds*

"Wow makes you think maybe we're just in a simulation too"

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

That DICK! posted:

hes literally been saying that poo poo forever.

I mean that blew my mind like 20 years ago when I was an idiot in high school trying pot for the first time.

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/elon-musk-son-files-change-201451698.html

One of Elon's kids is trans and she is changing her last name as well as her first in order to not be associated with him lmao

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
felon musk

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Elon treats the mothers of his children the same way he treats his stock options: He pumps and dumps them.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I wonder, if I legally changed my surname to Musk, if I could convince Elon I'm one of his kids.

I mean, probably not, but mostly because I'm a decade or so too old.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I wonder, if I legally changed my surname to Musk, if I could convince Elon I'm one of his kids.

I mean, probably not, but mostly because I'm a decade or so too old.

I don't know, he has done a lot of drugs recently. So couldn't hurt to try.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

worm girl posted:

One of Elon's kids is trans and she is changing her last name as well as her first in order to not be associated with him lmao

Happy Father's Day

barmk ima dog lol
Apr 6, 2022

Radio Paranoia posted:

Elon Musk thinking about something harder than he has in his entire life:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1538681719779360768

The best, brightest savior of humanity: what if its Matrix???? :dumb:

His audience: whoaaa!! He's just like Nick McTesla!!! :downsbravo:

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

This quote is particularly telling.

"For more than a month, they toiled over the engineering of the 20-foot boat to make sure it floated. They installed accordion folding doors, glass windows, pink shutters and painted murals in black, white and red paint of fantastical creatures on the sides. Strangers gave them bikes, a mattress and the sewing machine (powered by on-board batteries). "

The reporter cares more about knick knacks and bullshit oddities you shouldn't have on a raft than the engineering of the raft.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

uhhhh what the hell

Stop all the downloadin

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
https://twitter.com/BNNBreaking/status/1539265554489683968

Lol, he'd have to pay like $15-or-so billion more on the deal than the current price because of his original agreement. I still think this is all a ploy and he'll never go through with it, though. The comment section on this tweet is cancer. Musk guzzlers are all-in on their new talking point that DEMOCRACY requires BOTH SIDES, and IN AMERICA we can't let private companies repeal our FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He just cares so much about free speech.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

barmk ima dog lol posted:

The best, brightest savior of humanity: what if its Matrix???? :dumb:

His audience: whoaaa!! He's just like Nick McTesla!!! :downsbravo:

It's hilarious that so many of the people who wouldn't shut up about Saintly Tesla vs. Evil Edison a decade ago are now huge Musk fans, when he's 1000% more Edison than Tesla (and even that's doing him a favor).

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Regardless of the market price, isn't Twitter a money burning machine with no realistic way of making profit? Or has that changed?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

steinrokkan posted:

Regardless of the market price, isn't Twitter a money burning machine with no realistic way of making profit? Or has that changed?

It's great for pump and dump schemes. The profits are merely located elsewhere!

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

steinrokkan posted:

They have a massive userbase but no great ways to monetize that base. A competent enough leadership team could probably right the boat somewhat without driving off users, but I doubt Musk would do a great job.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Deki posted:

They have a massive userbase but no great ways to monetize that base. A competent enough leadership team could probably right the boat somewhat without driving off users, but I doubt Musk would do a great job.

Twitter is basically the only place on the internet where I still see online ads in any significant amount. Everything else has easy ways to bypass them, but Twitter is only really usable through the app where you can't block them.

I'm also dumb as a rock with pure impulse control and way too much disposable income so I don't know how they are not rolling in cash yet. The targeting is just really bad. It's all weird poo poo I would never consider clicking on. Like, today I'm getting ads from my local government about a study that demonstrates that cell towers don't cause cancer. Apparently it thinks I'm some new age weirdo? I have literally zero overlap with that bubble

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Deki posted:

He suggested people having to pay to retweet or some such and lol yeah that will totally not cause an exodus of users nosireeee.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

GABA ghoul posted:

Twitter is basically the only place on the internet where I still see online ads in any significant amount. Everything else has easy ways to bypass them, but Twitter is only really usable through the app where you can't block them.

i do nitter.net on Brave browser for ad free twitter. videos take longer to queue up though

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
My favorite part about the "silencing rightwing voices" on Twitter myth is that, no matter what I loving do, Twitter's algorithm is constantly recommending alt-right accounts and voices to me. Kyle Rittenhouse posted his fishing photos? Uh, thanks? Every time I open that site, I get chud bullshit thrown at me as poo poo I "might be interested in."

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
Elongated Muskrat

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Mr. Merdle posted:

This quote is particularly telling.

"For more than a month, they toiled over the engineering of the 20-foot boat to make sure it floated. They installed accordion folding doors, glass windows, pink shutters and painted murals in black, white and red paint of fantastical creatures on the sides. Strangers gave them bikes, a mattress and the sewing machine (powered by on-board batteries). "

The reporter cares more about knick knacks and bullshit oddities you shouldn't have on a raft than the engineering of the raft.

amkes u think

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

PITY BONER posted:

https://twitter.com/BNNBreaking/status/1539265554489683968

Lol, he'd have to pay like $15-or-so billion more on the deal than the current price because of his original agreement. I still think this is all a ploy and he'll never go through with it, though.

Absolutely, and the proof of this, in my mind, is that he still hasn't tweeted about the board approval. For someone who obsessively tweets about EVERYTHING that he's excited about it's pretty interesting.

Hi Jinx
Feb 12, 2016

worm girl posted:

None of those things are very sane. I don't think you should be lmao-ing at him.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Hi Jinx posted:

None of those things are very sane. I don't think you should be lmao-ing at him.

Shut the gently caress up

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!
The desire to not be related to or associated with Elon Musk in any way, shape, or form, is indeed the clearest indicator of a person's sanity

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

There is no way he isn't buying twitter. The power to completely send humanity over the end into a failed state is too great to pass up.

Not that I think that many people are use it, but reporters sure do. So there is no way every hosed up thing he does/nazi allowed to go fully hog wild will be part of The Discourse.

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021

Carwash oval office posted:

There is no way he isn't buying twitter. The power to completely send humanity over the end into a failed state is too great to pass up.

Not that I think that many people are use it, but reporters sure do. So there is no way every hosed up thing he does/nazi allowed to go fully hog wild will be part of The Discourse.

Have you forgotten about his insatiable lust for hoarding money? He's not going to make money off of this twitter deal, that's why he wants out. If twitter were profitable, this would already be a done deal. The whole 'sending humanity over the end' would just be gravy.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe he'll make his own Twitter like Trump did

People will be Musking and ReMusking by years end

I'll be SubMusking everyone

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they killing you in the Quote Musks

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
A man who just can't stop stepping on his own dick.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Carwash oval office posted:

no billionaire has ever needed to have anything to do with Twitter to get an infinite supply of NYT columns sucking their dick, if you're very rich and love attention they'll seek you out wherever you are. using social media to troll journalists is a poor man's game

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 23, 2022

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
Grimes' lyrics about Elon when they broke up while she was pregnant with their second child:

quote:

Baby
Would you still love me
Out on Europa?
Or will you forget?
La, la, la, la

Baby
How can I compare
To the adventure out there?

Sail away
To the cold expanse of space
Even love
Couldn't keep you in your place
But can't you love me like that?
Can't you need me like that?

If I loved him any less
I'd make him stay
But he has to be the best
Player of games

I'm in love with the greatest gamer
But he'll always love the game
More than he loves me (oh, oh)

"He'd rather micromanage SpaceX and manipulate others than be around me."

Grimes' lyrics at the height her relationship with Elon:

quote:

It makes me wanna die, die, I wanna die
You said I ruin your life
Love is the devil ahead and the devil doesn't sleep
Baby, take it out on me
Sorry I don't make it easy

Ooh, delicate weapon
Ooh, war in heaven
Ooh

Tell me all the ways I hurt your name
If you could see
You wanna keep me as forever
But it was just all a game
Make me
Truly choose regret
So that I can take the shorter path

Sounds pretty healthy and not all abusive and suicidey.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

did anyone ever describe his penis?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

flubber nuts posted:

did anyone ever describe his penis?

looks like a weird hairy finger, joints and all

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1539646351595782144?s=20&t=tueR6EISDQmgrrJbsGMGbw

Wonder if they'll do another presentation with a person in a suit.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Why does he always have the goofiest dipshit expressions?

I know he looks like a fuckin dummy in general but he really ramps it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

bobjr posted:

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1539646351595782144?s=20&t=tueR6EISDQmgrrJbsGMGbw

Wonder if they'll do another presentation with a person in a suit.

I'm guessing robot, that will do something that will seem "impressive" but will actually be pretty poo poo compared to other robotic stuff today and not have any practical uses. It will be a 1/2 million dollar children toy basically.

It will also gently caress up at least once during any demonstration.