Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

zedprime posted:

Why do people want to go eat at the tire restaurants anyway?

In case this wasn't joke: the whole point of the guide was to sell more cars and hence more tires by telling people all the great places they could go if they had a car. The idea was a 1-star rating meant it was worth stopping at on your way, 2 stars meant the place was going out of your way for, and three stars meant it was worth a trip specifically to go there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's just a legacy thing now like a beer company being the ones that track world records or Diner's Club cards still existing

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
Crunchyroll put Boruto behind a paywall and I refuse to give them :10bux: because the free trial did not work.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
There's so much stuff to watch on Crunchyroll if you like anime that it's like the easiest subscription to justify to yourself ever.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

There's so much stuff to watch on The Criterion Channel if you like good movies that it's like the easiest subscription to justify to yourself ever.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

It can't be the criterion collection of anime if it doesn't have Serial Experiments Lain

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

My girlfriend signed up for crunchyroll so we could watch ranking of kings together and now she just binges romance animes all the time. Help me please

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Waste of Breath posted:

It can't be the criterion collection of anime if it doesn't have Serial Experiments Lain

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Ziv Zulander posted:

My girlfriend signed up for crunchyroll so we could watch ranking of kings together and now she just binges romance animes all the time. Help me please

The path of tranquility: learn to love romance animes, watch them with her
The path of chaos: read the mangas they were adapted from and carefully nitpick every place where the anime adaptation changed something for the worse
The path of "why are you coming to PYF for relationship advice": find something you enjoy that she doesn't and do that while she's watching her animes

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Doggles posted:

Halo Infinite released a free nameplate this afternoon in celebration of Juneteenth. The name for the color palette for that nameplate was certainly a choice.

The color palette's name has since been updated to "Freedom." No word on it from the devs yet.

EDIT: Dev tweet.

https://twitter.com/Unyshek/status/1536850145668501504

So uh, why was the internal name that anyway? OK calling it Nameplate_Palette_69 would be inconvenient but uh, why not something not explicitly uhhhh that Nameplate_Juneteenth_22 there, done

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Serperoth posted:

So uh, why was the internal name that anyway? OK calling it Nameplate_Palette_69 would be inconvenient but uh, why not something not explicitly uhhhh that Nameplate_Juneteenth_22 there, done

As the games take place in Africa when on Earth, all of the Spartan-side vehicles, paint jobs, you name it are named after African mammals. Warthog and the Mongoose probably the two most well known. But there's also the Sandcat, Jackrabbit, the list goes on. Presumably they just name the paint schemes and stuff the name of the animal even internally so they can publish it on any day they want to... and have just learned the reason not to schedule things that way and that your idea is much better.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 22:39 on Jun 15, 2022

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Ziv Zulander posted:

Start playing Catherine

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ziv Zulander posted:

watch romance animes with her, coward

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

CJacobs posted:

As the games take place in Africa when on Earth, all of the Spartan-side vehicles, paint jobs, you name it are named after African mammals. Warthog and the Mongoose probably the two most well known. But there's also the Sandcat, Jackrabbit, the list goes on. Presumably they just name the paint schemes and stuff the name of the animal even internally so they can publish it on any day they want to... and have just learned the reason not to schedule things that way and that your idea is much better.

Oh that does make sense, although again, maybe call it Giraffe or something? I'm sure there's African mammals which wouldn't have that immediate connotation.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Bonobo is the name for the dev tools too, iirc.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Bonobos are neat and in a vacuum there's nothing wrong with naming stuff after them. Naming some special celebratory Juneteenth thing after them is obviously pretty hosed up, though.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Ziv Zulander posted:

Romance anime is often harder on the man than on the woman :^U

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

https://www.bakingbusiness.com/articles/56643-hostess-debuts-twinkcoin-snack-cakes

quote:

LENEXA, KAN. — Hostess Brands, Inc. is launching a limited-edition snack called $TWINKcoin under its Twinkies snack cake brand. The new $TWINKcoin is a play on the current cryptocurrency frenzy and features coin-shaped cakes.

The cakes are similar to Twinkies in composition and flavor — featuring a vanilla sponge cake exterior and crème-filled interior — but have been made in a disc shape to mimic the shape of an enlarged coin.

The new $TWINKcoin snack cakes will be available at Walmart stores starting at the end of June for a limited time. They are distributed in boxes of 10 individually wrapped cakes at the suggested retail price of $3.49.

They had to know right, seriously, how did this make it past a committee?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Happy pride month!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Zil posted:

https://www.bakingbusiness.com/articles/56643-hostess-debuts-twinkcoin-snack-cakes

First the futa bike, now twinkcoins.....what's next, [fill in your own loaded internet slang term here, as I just realized I don't have any more in mind]??

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Captain Hygiene posted:

First the futa bike, now twinkcoins.....what's next, [fill in your own loaded internet slang term here, as I just realized I don't have any more in mind]??

There are those blue raspberry waffles....

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Minute Maid is celebrating 100 years of lenonade production with a big lemon party!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Captain Hygiene posted:

There's an ice-cream called Bussy Pop

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Zil posted:

Questionable name aside, at least it's an actual product and not an NFT like I thought it was going to be.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Zil posted:

I thought they stomped making those

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Brawnfire posted:

I thought they stomped making those

Came back awhile ago. They have blueberry muffin limited flavor now I think

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'll try the twinkcoin. Good marketing

Winty
Sep 22, 2007

Zil posted:

- it is a real product, not an nft
- it has absolutely nothing to actually do with cryptocurrency which makes the name a bit cheeky

this leads me to believe they have self-awareness and a sense of humor, so i think they are well aware of what they're doing. good marketing imo

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

where do I exchange the twinkcoins for twinks

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Zil posted:

Okay I give up. What's the bad marketing with blue raspberry waffles?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Silver Falcon posted:

Okay I give up. What's the bad marketing with blue raspberry waffles?

Blue waffle

Winty
Sep 22, 2007

BMan posted:

unfortunately, twinkcoins are currently only accepted at one bar in sf... we're looking to expand aggressively but outside of that, you'll need to convert to cash and go to a gay bar

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

BMan posted:

No, you need to exchange them for pegged stabletwinks first

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

:psyduck: I remain confused. Sorry I am uncool and don't know what that's slang for.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Google it

Loki Kunti
Mar 31, 2010

Don't.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Coward

Loki Kunti
Mar 31, 2010

... ignorant but happy.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I will most certainly not be doing that. :colbert: I will find my most tolerant/least likely to make fun of my ignorance friend and ask them.

They will still probably make fun of me a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Silver Falcon posted:

:psyduck: I remain confused. Sorry I am uncool and don't know what that's slang for.

I'm here to spoil the fun! It's an infamous shock image, a picture of a woman's cooch and she has...some kind of condition, possibly an STD, that is giving her genitals a heavy blue tinge.

Fun fact: there's also a penis version, called SpecialFriedRice.