Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

wOrKeRs oN StRiKe aReN'T WoRkInG, aRe tHeY?!

Checkmate, Communists.

[edit] My first computer was an Amstrad CPC 464.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

Big I think Irish reunification would be a better way to stop the UK existing than nuclear war, but they'd both result in Ian Paisley's coffin reaching about the same temperature.
We're only 2 years off target baybee.

https://twitter.com/simonhania/status/1139407268888244224?t=55wmCtzW3c8sL4R0ffR2mg&s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Dead Goon posted:

[edit] My first computer was an Amstrad CPC 464.

I am suddenly struck by the desire to apply whyte notation to things other than steam locmotives.

An amstrad with fourteen wheels would be interesting.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Star Trek fair enuff, however For All Mankind is already the better timeline (ironically(?) for Ireland-related reasons) YOU KNOW WHAT

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Only Kindness posted:

Star Trek fair enuff, however For All Mankind is already the better timeline (ironically(?) for Ireland-related reasons) YOU KNOW WHAT

Yeah I paused and took a picture of that because sent it to everyone because :sickos:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This was from a few days ago, but deserves to be watched if it hasn't been.

https://twitter.com/PiersUncensored/status/1537516158944935938

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APUCSWZE4TI

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
no video containing piers morgan deserves to be watched

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Doccykins posted:

no video containing piers morgan deserves to be watched

Dunno, anything containing Mick Lynch is worth watching imo. He's brilliant at not playing their game, and highlighting how pathetic they are.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

He does seem to be doing very well by just sort of... stating reality in a kind of "the gently caress are you talking about" voice.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Mick Lynch breaking the spell of British journalism, in that nobody has ever realised before that if the line of questioning is self-evidently stupid, you can simply point that out rather than feeling obliged to go along with it, and the interviewer will look suitably idiotic

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Corbyn used to be good at that but I think he got worse the more time he spent in office, presumably due to too much exposure to the campaign brains at party HQ.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Bug Squash posted:

Jesus Christ the comments on the Twitter are an antivac and conspiracies cesspool. I though Sky News had at least a sane audience, even if a bit right wing.

Well Graun twitter comments are full of fash too.

I could be biased given I may or may not work for them and all but I think they're editorially a lot like NBC/CNBC these days. Which wouldn't be surprising given who owns it. So not left but more like mainstream American lib.

e: Kay Burley though I have no explanation for. Maybe it's the requisite rightwing 'common sense' 'tough-talking' person.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 22, 2022

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Sorry, but I honestly couldn't think of a better thread for this.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Yeah RIP (5:15pm today, low tide)

I didn't hang around but by the time I'd got off the beach and up the cliff steps next to the funicular they'd managed to tow it out of the surf.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Yeah RIP (5:15pm today, low tide)

I didn't hang around but by the time I'd got off the beach and up the cliff steps next to the funicular they'd managed to tow it out of the surf.

hahaha.

They have a tractor parked at the boat launch even, honestly I'd be tempted to leave it there as a reef.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Since covid's over, grandad, we're doing Ukraine monkeypox rail strikes polio now, I idly thought I'd take a look at what's up.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

Approaching 200k! I thought it was about 120k JFC

Guess we're "living with covid" (read: you're on your own) for real now. Apart from those who aren't living at all, of course.

:psyduck:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Only Kindness posted:

Since covid's over, grandad, we're doing Ukraine monkeypox rail strikes polio now, I idly thought I'd take a look at what's up.

Guess we're "living with covid" (read: you're on your own) for real now. Apart from those who aren't living at all, of course.

I still double mask while out shopping and i see no reason to stop.

Pretty sure i took a sugar cube with the Polio vaccine as a kid. :corsair:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I had mine on one of these but it tasted so bad that I spat it out and just got the drops instead.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Aipsh posted:

Yeah I paused and took a picture of that because sent it to everyone because :sickos:

Wait, what happens?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Just Another Lurker posted:

Pretty sure i took a sugar cube with the Polio vaccine as a kid. :corsair:

Yeah, got it in primary school mid 80s.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
My mum tells me we were vaccinated as kids for polio. How long that last?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Not as long as I lasted with your mum

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

From what I can tell Polio is mostly only massively risky to kids.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

If you're going several decades without cumming you should see a medical professional OP.

Anyway...

https://twitter.com/MickWhelanASLEF/status/1539694314242056192?s=20&t=qz8anZ9uhK6KrMFNl0IyQw

That's the head of ASLEF, the train drivers union

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Only Kindness posted:

This is your daily reminder that 'covid on the death certificate' is not the same as 'was killed by covid'. I'm not trying to downplay things, but perspective is an important modifier.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
God's we will have to see.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lol

https://twitter.com/bmay/status/1539649172973838342

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
how long before we learn that mike lynch is in fact a rabid anti-semite and IRA supporter

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

If you're going several decades without cumming you should see a medical professional OP.

Anyway...

https://twitter.com/MickWhelanASLEF/status/1539694314242056192?s=20&t=qz8anZ9uhK6KrMFNl0IyQw

That's the head of ASLEF, the train drivers union

God drat it now I'm arguing with centrist nonces in the replies.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

might bother watching QT for the first time in a blue moon

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The "he's trying to gain power" thing utterly fails to address the point that he has shown absolutely no inclination to use that power to help people. I'm fully aware he would like to be prime minister but I have no reason to believe that's going to benefit me. The centrist pitch is just "well you have to trust he will do all the things you want once he wins" despite all indications of his aversion to the things i want.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Fake polls, fake news https://twitter.com/ukbygaslight/status/1539707611154718721

This electorate is rigged

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Starling Bank eh

quote:

In 2019, it had lent just £23m. By June 2021, it had issued £1.6bn of bounce-back lending – and an ex-minister has questions
Those loans offered up to £50,000 per customer and were 100% guaranteed by the government, meaning taxpayers foot the bill if a customer defaults.
That also means that nearly the entirety of Starling’s customer loan book – excluding mortgages – is now covered by government guarantees.
x

but unions, Labour :argh:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Don't gently caress my mum, read my posts to see what can happen

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Keir Starmer is the political messiah, once he wins an election he will do all the things he now appears terrified of appearing to support, and then he will die for our sins, he definitely won't be just as cowardly in office because no politician has ever turned out to be more disappointing than their campaign would suggest.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

"businessman"

(and ex-Brexit Party member and, like most of QT's guests, an extremely wealthy oval office.)

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
Watching Mick Lynch speak about these strikes and the importance of them vs gormless centrist interviewers has given me more hope for the future than anything that's come out of Labour since Keith took over. And I don't have a lot of hope for the future, but since it seems the public is by a majority in support of the strikes, it makes me think "...Maybe not all hope is lost?"

I want to see more of Lynch successfully cutting through the bullshit and getting across a concise message about the importance of unions and the need for collective action

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010

Eh, their follow up tweet (not threaded for some reason) is right to be fair – rogue is the wrong word, but it's an outlier at this point. Has tended to be ahead of the others (quite dramatically in case of Johnson).

But agree that generally feels like he's hosed this one and it could go south quickly. Then again, I don't have faith the public won't turn on the strikes and he'll stay ahead, ethics of it all barely loving matters at this point in UK party politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

If anyone's curious, bet365 got back to me pretty sharpish. Apparently they have the ability to block specific people's details from being used to sign up, which makes sense, so they're applying that rule to me, permanently shutting down the account and any others they might have tried to make in my name, and they're having their fraud department look into it.