Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Mostly agree. Shard getting a full day for posting a Twitter link was a Bad Probe imho. Could have been a “stop doing this” and then a 6er if needs be 🐝. I like karmicknight in general, had a good dm with them a year or so ago over a probe. Think they’re a good mod mostly. All love!!!!!!!!! This is old !!!

I appreciate the support. But I get it - it's not something done. So I am trying to learn other ways to post gifs and pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shard posted:

I appreciate the support. But I get it - it's not something done. So I am trying to learn other ways to post gifs and pictures.

https://imgbb.com is the easiest I’ve found for gifs. Works fine on mobile as well

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

SALR extension has a drag and drop imgur uploader built into the reply window if you're on desktop. Not sure about mobile.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

https://imgbb.com is the easiest I’ve found for gifs. Works fine on mobile as well

Critical posted:

SALR extension has a drag and drop imgur uploader built into the reply window if you're on desktop. Not sure about mobile.

Thanks for the tips :)

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Critical posted:

Awful app has imgur uploading built in

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Posting a tweet to show an image or a video hardly seems like something that needs punishing. It’s done in Games threads a bunch because the easiest way to get something off your console is to throw it at twitter and then you might as well just post the link instead of fuckassing around rehosting it.

Posting your own tweets to fish for interactions or show off your sick burn on some twitter rando or the time John Cena gave you a little thumbs up emoji or however the gently caress it works is different and dumb though.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

KungFu Grip posted:

there were only a few people that wanted the enclosed pool area and those people also really didnt post in it, so it didnt really seem worth to keep around even if it was temporary. there was maybe like two threads people actually posted in and a bunch of them werent actually funny.

speak for yourself

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That Little Demon posted:

speak for yourself

Cole’s Shoe was the best thread of 2021

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i agree

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

NienNunb posted:

Cole’s Shoe was the best thread of 2021

I can list like 20 threads from that forum that couldn't be posted in this one that were worth it and funny

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
you can just post anything nobody was stopping people from posting those threads in here

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

KungFu Grip posted:

you can just post anything nobody was stopping people from posting those threads in here

uh huh, the forum crying about hurt feelings would love the Chris Benoit was Innocent thread, the Mass Transit deserved to be killed thread, the wrestlers you have jacked off to thread, the wrestlers should get hurt on purpose more often thread, ect ect

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

benoit didn't do it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

part of that was a rush of bad posting and absentee IKs who seemed to be appointed by random wheel spin, i still think if it was curated a little more carefully and had ACTIVE ik's to help vet the forum and gas the lovely threads it could take off.

oh come on, I wasn't THAT bad lol

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I really liked the finishers on pets thread

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
please for the love of god open the EPA, I have a lot of new thread concepts I'd like to explore there like

"Buttfucking Stephanie McMahon backstage on the January 3rd 2000 episode of RAW"

"What if The Big Boss Man responded to a school shooting"

"Wrestlers with mental illnesses and handicaps FTW"

"Buttfucking Hornswoggle at the Royal Rumble"

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

please for the love of god open the EPA, I have a lot of new thread concepts I'd like to explore there like

"Buttfucking Stephanie McMahon backstage on the January 3rd 2000 episode of RAW"

If it makes you feel better, I would have pinned all these if the EPA was still open.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Skeezy posted:

If it makes you feel better, I would have pinned all these if the EPA was still open.

it does, slightly

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
drat i thought the epa was funny

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

KungFu Grip posted:

drat i thought the epa was funny

and thus, the goalposts get moved in favor of the gatekeepers once again

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The only funny one on that list is the big bossman school shooting one, but I would simply not go into those other threads instead of letting their existence in PSP ruin my day.

loving lol if you don’t just browse your bookmarked threads anyway and only go into the main forum to find a GDT or a new weekly.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I see Chuck Tingle's Wrestling Observer column is going well. Dave Meltzer redefining the industry yet again

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

loving lol if you don’t just browse your bookmarked threads anyway and only go into the main forum to find a GDT or a new weekly.

I figured everyone did this cause it's the only way I browse anything here. Rare for me to add new threads to my rotation.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I have the main page PSP bookmarked and just hit my numbers on my usual threads. When I'm feeling really bored at work I might go into PYF

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I never use bookmarks. I browse freely. I also liked the EPA.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Mekchu posted:

I have no idea whats going on in the AEW threads or whatever as while I do watch that show I don't post in the threads at all but if someone is saying this

it is very big :yikes: because...how does that user knows who is going to kill them and why was that happening in the first place?

:confused:
I'm sorry. I wasn't clear on this and if you don't know the situation, it comes across as either a lot worse than I meant it, or baseless hyperbole depending on how you read it.

It was a Trump avatar, I'm a trans woman, and his rise to power has led to a pretty dangerous atmosphere in my country for me, and basically, every time I leave the house, I have to worry about Trumpers murdering me, it's only getting worse, and as far as likely causes of death, murdered by fascists is pretty up there on the list right now.

So, buying me an avatar of that guy because I said after four years of his bullshit I don't think I can get behind an edgelord "offensive on purpose" gimmick a wrestler had because it just triggers the trauma from four years of daily updates of new horrors that man has wrested upon queer people in the small and everybody in the large? That's a pretty hosed up thing to do because your identity is wrapped up in liking a corporate product.

That's all I'm sayin'. But I'm told I'm prone to shorthand that obfuscates rather than clarifies at times, and this is probably one of those times.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

most of the good EPA threads have a place in PSP, but definitely create somewhere to quarantine this poo poo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

History Comes Inside! posted:

The only funny one on that list is the big bossman school shooting one, but I would simply not go into those other threads instead of letting their existence in PSP ruin my day.

i always browse the main forum

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

LividLiquid posted:

I'm sorry. I wasn't clear on this and if you don't know the situation, it comes across as either a lot worse than I meant it, or baseless hyperbole depending on how you read it.
I picked up all of that from context clues and I'm kind of unsure how more people didn't, but I'm sorry that happened to you.

There are definitely a few fringe cases where making GBS threads on someone relentlessly is called for, like that (probably rereg) account a while back who showed up out of nowhere and kept saying the most abrasive things on purpose and then acted like we were all pearl-clutchers when we told them to gently caress off, then got banned for being a transphobe.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I love browsing the main forum! To see the new interesting threads.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Did you know that by simply clicking on the thread title header

You can sort threads by most recently created? My favorite forums feature that no one knows about because there's no UI for it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

IGgy IGsen posted:

You can sort threads by most recently created? My favorite forums feature that no one knows about because there's no UI for it.

lol been here over a decade and didn’t know

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

there's something pretty funny about someone deciding LL was just completely av-worthy ridiculous for calling Max Caster's raps too edgy considering Max did get too edgy at one point and the thread was on him for it like nobody's business

that person woulda had to buy a whole lot of avatars

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

IGgy IGsen posted:

This thread is a rollercoaster ride of posting AND informative. This owns and is good to know when inevitably read all my bookmarked threads again.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I think their are some posters here with a negative attitude that will simply half to self reflect. When I first started posting here I was so annoying that no one would interact with me outside of quoting me and saying my username, this went on for literal years. It would piss me off and instead of self reflecting i’d double down on being a jerk.

Then when the “Let’s post nice things about each other thread” only a person or two mentioned me at all, and those who were nice enough to didn’t have much to say except “he’s here, more power to him” and that really shifted my perspective and made me realize that I don’t want to be the guy no one has anything positive to say about when it comes time to praise each other. Did it hurt? Yes. Was it the consequences of my attitude? Big time.

Call it unintentional tough love maybe but that’s how I took it and after a couple more years I found myself genuinely being happy and having posting friends, I had to shift my perspective and I did. I still gently caress up and say things that are offensive or even angry or triggered, we all do, but now I know that it benefits me and the small community here to be less mad, to be less ready to fight, and to just have fun.

This won’t work for everyone, and sometimes a pile on isn’t warranted or becomes mean spirited, but I can’t say anyone here outside of a very rare troll is trying to make things lovely. This forum is still nicer than a lot of places on the same dead comedy website. Once I tried to post in Games and they bullied me the way teens do at the mall when i’m buying my unfashionable clothing.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Rarity posted:

- Posting isn't political activism and people need to remember that

- Posting also isn't therapy and people need to remember that too

- It's not a personal attack on you when someone doesn't like your favourite wrestler

- Some posters act like they're entitled to control discussion and get huffy when people talk about things they don't like

Just wanted to say that these four in particular are ones that typically end up with both sides fighting it out so they are important to remember

at times I'm sure most have been guilty of at least one of the four, myself included

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

there's something pretty funny about someone deciding LL was just completely av-worthy ridiculous for calling Max Caster's raps too edgy considering Max did get too edgy at one point and the thread was on him for it like nobody's business

that person woulda had to buy a whole lot of avatars

As a person who both loves the acclaimed and got probe aggro about people trying to brush off Max's rape jokes/sleazier content, I will say that there was non-zero amount of people in the AEW thread trying to brush off Max's rape jokes/sleazier content even though it clearly crossed the line rather than tip toeing it

In Max's case the issues got raised and addressed. I think he's a better act for it, hopefully, this forum will improve too.

Additionally, I would like to point out that there are people like Edge And Christian who used to make great effort posts in the forum but no longer do. Which suggests that posters have been voting with their feet.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

When I first started posting here I was so annoying that no one would interact with me outside of quoting me and saying my username, this went on for literal years. It would piss me off and instead of self reflecting i’d double down on being a jerk.

To be fair, it's very fun to say.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

neoaxd posted:

To be fair, it's very fun to say.

Yea true, and when it happens now it gives me a nostalgic feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

"Eat My Fuc" and "yea ok" should go in the "usernames most fun to reply with" wing of the Posting Hall of Fame.