Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

lmao the FDA is gonna ban Juuls

thank you president biden, this is exactly what the voters demanded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Shear Modulus posted:

thank you president biden, this is exactly what the voters demanded.

Hey, he's gotta live up to Obama banning clove cigarettes

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Vape cartridges and rigs should be free for children, and illegal for adults.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Iron Crowned posted:

that was his revenge for the ethereal goth that rejected him

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The ban on flavored cigarettes loving ruined Djarum Blacks.

Thanks Obama.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Ville Valo posted:

I was dumb as gently caress (lol “was”) as a 19 year old but was smart enough to get hooked on drinking and smoking cigs while in Japan, so now that I’m in east coast US I can’t (easily) get my brands and have “quit.”

Boy do I miss it some days. Smoking is cool AF. Wish weed was legal and in a similar cigarette form factor.

smoking in Japan was a fun opposite land because you basically could only smoke indoors, and smoking outdoors was banned basically everywhere. but lighting up in a restaurant was a okay.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

kalensc posted:

I assume others will mention this, but cmon, you know this is a bad faith argument, it's not like they're perfectly healthy and then whoops instantaneous death

Significant loss of quality-life years, unnecessary burden to the health care system, and tons of people that suffer from pain and disease but don't die in a way attributable to smoking and so they aren't in that chart.

Biden's proposal is asinine for many many valid reasons, so slam it based on those instead of downplaying the harm from smoking.

okay first off mr moderator this is cspam and i have no responsibility or even an expectation to be posting in good faith.

having said that i'm going to argue the pro-tobacco side because as far as i can tell i'm literally the only person in the entire nation doing it anywhere. sure smoking reduces "quality-life years," but it doesn't do so uniformly across the population and it especially doesn't do so linearly with number of cigarettes smoked, as has been asserted as empirical truth forever. most people who smoke regularly quit at some point, either because of the smell (which again i admit is really awful) or one of a list of significant neigh unsolvable problems with smoking. the people who keep smoking two packs a day into their 60s are of course going to have terrible health outcomes, but extending that to people in their 20s and 30s who smoke a pack a week mostly while intoxicated on another different even more harmful substance (alcohol), is clearly not justified based purely on health. smoking just isn't that bad for you.

on top of that, vaping fixes nearly every single problem that most people have with cigarettes, yet has been treated identically if not even more harshly all in the name of public health. it's a cynical lie being used to score political points and will absolutely backfire on the democrats, who will be destroyed in november, since it further paints them as the buzzkill party of nanny-state government overreach.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tunicate posted:

Getting supreme court justices hooked on smokes is praxis

Nicholas Roske misread that.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Thinking about how some guy made a couple weeks ago saying "man, I'm really glad we got smoking banned back when we had a public consensus on stuff" and now this poo poo is happening lmao

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
smoking looks cool there's a reason why the cool kids do it

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

the smoking thing is a preview of biden legalizing weed , but only for mids

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

dank poo poo will of course remain schedule i

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

fabergay egg posted:

the smoking thing is a preview of biden legalizing weed , but only for mids

and you can only buy an eighth per month

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

bij posted:

The ban on flavored cigarettes loving ruined Djarum Blacks.

Thanks Obama.

You can still get them in cigarillo form

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Lol at hoping Brandon will do anything at all about weed after watching him shut Juul down

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Admittedly the juul thing was because they were doing a bunch of illegal poo poo. Still wouldn't be surprised if he bans vaping

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!
Do you taking away juuls and nicotine will lead to a net increase of dem voters or a decrease of dem voters

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

goth smoking cloves posted:

You can still get them in cigarillo form

you sound trustworthy and I believe you on this matter wholeheartedly.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
gonna be forced to buy forbidden juice in the back alleys

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The Joe Man posted:

gonna be forced to buy forbidden juice in the back alleys

covid isn't killing enough people anymore so they're trying to bring back vape lung

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/VoicesByZane/status/1539617846807994369

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

tenderjerk posted:

Do you taking away juuls and nicotine will lead to a net increase of dem voters or a decrease of dem voters

Decrease lol, while these may be net goods in the long run the fact that he hasn't done a single loving thing for anyone makes it seem like a punishment.

Thus the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
covid is over so if large numbers of people are having debilitating lung conditions it must be because of smoking. i'd go so far as to call it an epidemic!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Biden will legalize the finest weed available in 1977.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

spacemang_spliff posted:

that was his revenge for the ethereal goth that rejected him

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

biden banned menthols just a few months ago!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

all these posts make me want to buy a juul. how much are they and will I die if I haven’t had any nicotine since, idk, 2017?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Platystemon posted:

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
literal yard waste

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Pretty sure I have actual ropes that would get a person higher than that dreck.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!

Platystemon posted:

I could live with this :smugbert:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol at smoking tobacco, just smoke weed, ya goofs

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

During the late 1970s, a controversial program sponsored by the US government sprayed paraquat on cannabis fields in Mexico.[40] Following Mexican efforts to eradicate marijuana and poppy fields in 1975, the United States government helped by sending helicopters and other technological assistance. Helicopters were used to spray the herbicides paraquat and 2,4-D on the fields; marijuana contaminated with these substances began to show up in US markets, leading to debate about the program.[41]

Whether any injury came about due to the inhalation of paraquat-contaminated marijuana is uncertain. A 1995 study found that "no lung or other injury in cannabis users has ever been attributed to paraquat contamination".[42] Also a United States Environmental Protection Agency manual states: "... toxic effects caused by this mechanism have been either very rare or nonexistent. Most paraquat that contaminates cannabis is pyrolyzed during smoking to dipyridyl, which is a product of combustion of the leaf material itself (including cannabis) and presents little toxic hazard."[43]

probably fine

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!
instead of smoking just vape strange chemicals you dont know anything about but it's gummi bear iced flavor so just chill and roll with it

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Loving the 'not a failed state' energy

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the white hand posted:

probably fine

lol learn something new every day

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic_acid posted:

In 2010, Dow published that it had created genetically modified soybeans made resistant to 2,4-D by insertion of a bacterial aryloxyalkanoate dioxygenase gene, aad1.[66][67][68]: 1  Dow intended it to be used as an alternative or complement to Roundup Ready crops due to the increasing prevalence of glyphosate-resistant weeds.[69]

As of April 2014, genetically modified maize and soybeans resistant to 2,4-D and glyphosate have been approved in Canada.[21] In September 2014, the USDA also approved Dow's maize and soybeans, and in October, the EPA registered the "Enlist Duo" herbicide containing 2,4-D and glyphosate.[20][67][70]

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

do they make djarum black flavored vape

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Woke: Embed Ducklo.

Bespoke: Enlist Duo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003