Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It would be really funny if Watson comes back for the 2023 season and after being out of football so long he just sucks rear end.

I'm actually hoping for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

It will be pretty interesting to see how he does. We don’t have a lot of data on how a yearslong break from the game affects QB skills. In his case, I certainly hope it is a strong negative effect. OTOH that would bode ill for Kap, in case things didn’t look plenty bleak for him already.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Racing Stripe posted:

It will be pretty interesting to see how he does. We don’t have a lot of data on how a yearslong break from the game affects QB skills. In his case, I certainly hope it is a strong negative effect. OTOH that would bode ill for Kap, in case things didn’t look plenty bleak for him already.

Kaep committed the unspeakable sin of making white conservative makes uncomfortable.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Le’Veon sat out one year and went from perennial all-pro to washed and quickly out of the league. But there’s really no comparison between the hell an RBs body goes through and a QB (other than Cam) so probably can’t conclude anything from that. It would be extremely funny though if he just sucks rear end now.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Racing Stripe posted:

Michael Vick had some drop in skill but was helped by having Andy Reid for his coach. I don’t know anything about Stefanski. Well I just learned I’m a year older than him :corsair:

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jun 22, 2022

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Docjowles posted:

Le’Veon sat out one year and went from perennial all-pro to washed and quickly out of the league. But there’s really no comparison between the hell an RBs body goes through and a QB (other than Cam) so probably can’t conclude anything from that. It would be extremely funny though if he just sucks rear end now.

He also ended up with a coach who hated his style of play and wanted Frank Gore style just run the ball in the called hole no matter what. Still doesn't explain his absolute disappearing act with the Chiefs though, I figured Reid could make good use out of him.

CannonFodder posted:

Michael Vick had some drop in skill but was helped by having Andy Reid for his coach. I don’t know anything about Stefanski. Well I just learned I’m a year older than him :corsair:

Vick looked really awful that first year with the Eagles, and even heading into his second season on the team they went with Kolb as starter until he got hurt. Vick could still show flashes of his old self, but he did do more of the off the field stuff too, like actually watching game film.

The main difference is that the Eagles weren't expecting much from Vick and it was a flyer for them. The Browns just gave up everything and need Watson to be good right now.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

syzpid posted:

He also ended up with a coach who hated his style of play and wanted Frank Gore style just run the ball in the called hole no matter what. Still doesn't explain his absolute disappearing act with the Chiefs though, I figured Reid could make good use out of him.

Vick looked really awful that first year with the Eagles, and even heading into his second season on the team they went with Kolb as starter until he got hurt. Vick could still show flashes of his old self, but he did do more of the off the field stuff too, like actually watching game film.

The main difference is that the Eagles weren't expecting much from Vick and it was a flyer for them. The Browns just gave up everything and need Watson to be good right now.

Vick barely played in 2009. He had 13 passing attempts. That’s not enough to say he looked like anything, good or bad.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Vick barely played in 2009. He had 13 passing attempts. That’s not enough to say he looked like anything, good or bad.

He was in camp, and played in the preseason. I live near Philly and it was all anyone at my job at the time would talk about.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

syzpid posted:

He was in camp, and played in the preseason. I live near Philly and it was all anyone at my job at the time would talk about.

That's cause they hated McNabb

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Docjowles posted:

He spent that year in Miami so that is the equivalent of 5 nfl seasons

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope Watson sucks whenever he plays. He should never play another down, but it would be fitting for him to be absolutely terrible.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1540012347409965056

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
NFL: "We're thinking about suspending you at least a year."
Watson: "I was thinking more along… zero."
NFL: "You drive a hard bargain."

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I'm pretty sure everyone except the kind of football fan who doesn't care about this stuff is going to end up furious

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Suspended for 17 games spread across the next two seasons and the Browns are forced to spin a giant game show wheel each Friday to determine if he gets to play that week or not until he hits 17.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Suspended for 17 games spread across the next two seasons and the Browns are forced to spin a giant game show wheel each Friday to determine if he gets to play that week or not until he hits 17.

just ban him from the playoffs for the rest of his career, that'd do

the browns have to use their backup qb in the playoffs

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

He can only play the preseason.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

banning him from just the playoffs would punish the texans too, they get a lovely draft pick

and psychologically I'm sure it'd be so frustrating

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Deshaun Watson. Not only do you not, under any circumstances, gotta hand it to him, but in fact he's probly gonna try to hand it to you.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Suspended for 34 games, negotiate it down 50%

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Parallelwoody posted:

He can only play the preseason.

He can play all season. Without an offensive line.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Intruder posted:

banning him from just the playoffs would punish the texans too, they get a lovely draft pick

Don't threaten us with a good time

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Just put him in the exempt list for 34 years one for each victim

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/andrewlbeaton/status/1540818739444256769?s=21&t=Uj2RegL3NBkYplgMvCQLnw

https://twitter.com/andrewlbeaton/status/1540819522877378561?s=21&t=MC2w_Ju0LP6DjQUexJwCVQ

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Too bad you guys alienated the poo poo out of Baker. Enjoy going into the season with Jacoby Brisset.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean that sounds flashy but notice they say minimum is 1 year.

Guess which ones gonna win

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

CharlestheHammer posted:

Making him reapply for reinstatement + optionality for more suspensions if there's more accusations seems pretty serious

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

This is honestly incredibly smart because it leaves them flexibility when more accusations drop and, more importantly PR wise, when the remaining civil trials actually get to a court room.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Yeah if they really honestly suspend him for a season then that means by the time he could theoretically play again there will definitely be either 1) more accusations or 2) more clarity on existing ones in terms of public evidence

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Wonder if the PA is going to be able to argue it down. But yeah this seems like the best way to handle it from the nfl’s side. Hope they follow through

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I don’t really know about that credibility of the source, but….

https://twitter.com/mlfootball2/status/1540864762334089216

e: oh I guess the first reply is a link to PFT

https://twitter.com/mlfootball2/status/1540864788045217792

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jun 26, 2022

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

:thunk:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
please let that report be true, suspend his rear end for at least a year. oh and lol browns if/when that happens

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So does the cash for Watson’s entire contract remain stuck in escrow so that Haslem can’t even get it back temporarily? I hope so because that’s loving funny.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

please let that report be true, suspend his rear end for at least a year. oh and lol browns if/when that happens

I feel like they would have been fools not to expect something like this and were maybe counting on Baker to hang out for a while before he rebelled, but at the same time they're the Browns so I don't know.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

I feel like they would have been fools not to expect something like this and were maybe counting on Baker to hang out for a while before he rebelled, but at the same time they're the Browns so I don't know.

Them counting on baker after thoroughly throwing him under the bus would be a hilarious loving thing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

considering the revelation that the texans themselves tried to help watson cover things up I really wish they'd do something in a way that doesn't explicitly reward them by making the browns send a high draft pick over

suspend watson for a year? ok then also strip the pick

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Browns are just going to spin tires for a year with Brissett or MAYBE trade for a Garappolo or Minshew if things get desperate.

Way too many bridges burned with Baker.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Intruder posted:

considering the revelation that the texans themselves tried to help watson cover things up I really wish they'd do something in a way that doesn't explicitly reward them by making the browns send a high draft pick over

suspend watson for a year? ok then also strip the pick

gently caress all those picks. By that I mean give the picks to the Rams. Blame the Browns and Texans for the newest dynasty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

no never the rams

give them to the chargers if you have to give them to an LA team