Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i unironically loved qui-gon showing up, and that his first words to obi wan (since forcing him on his deathbed to train some kid he found, who would go on to wipe out his entire religion and every person he knew and loved and plunging the galaxy into superfascism) were "WAZZAPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Uh, eh. Show ranged from decent to mediocre.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

That DICK! posted:

INCREASE FIREPOWER

The absolute balls on the Imperial lasers technician working under Darth Vader, who will kill you if you do anything wrong, as he's chasing down his mortal enemy/a legendary jedi master, who was like "eh, im not gonna use the big lasers. this poo poo aint cheap."

They were trying to maintain the ship's Energy Star rating.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Good lord that was terrible

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Honestly amazed they restrained themselves from doing the 3P0/R2 cameo with them right TF there on Alderaan TBH.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
the big duel was like a slightly higher budget version of this piece of poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to2SMng4u1k

i usually have incredibly low standards but this was just loving awful, easily one of the worst written shows i've managed to sit through

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

When I said Disney was smearing leftists by making the homeless black woman do random murders for no reason while talking about inequality, people dismissed it as 'trolling.'

Episode 6: Reza breaks into a rural family's home, planning to murder a random white child. "What do you want?" "Justice!"

LMAO, Disney normalizing genocide of white African farmers. These CHUD videos write themselves sometimes.

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

You beat me to it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Owlbear Camus posted:

Honestly amazed they restrained themselves from doing the 3P0/R2 cameo with them right TF there on Alderaan TBH.

Need content for season 2!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Yeah I had the same thought too.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oQtGCtnF2Y

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That DICK! posted:

lovely salary, abusive boss who is a fake friend that lies to you about knowing a magic spell to save your pregnant wife's life, worst god drat healthcare in the galaxy. why is vader putting UP with this poo poo!

Vader played the long game of Palpatine's complete disregard for health and safety regulations knowing he could get him onto the Death Star and its lack of proper guardrails and there would be a little "accident".

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

let auralnauts direct a series imo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:lol: this is loving awful, absolute garbage.

I mean, technically it's pretty impressive, but still :laugh:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

i usually have incredibly low standards but this was just loving awful, easily one of the worst written shows i've managed to sit through

I hate Star Wars fans so so much.

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

LMAO, Disney normalizing genocide of white African farmers. These CHUD videos write themselves sometimes.

Holy poo poo.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
In this scene Obi-Wan tells Darth Vader he will become more powerful if he's struck down and he proves it by doing sick rear end flips and lightsaber spins.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

I hate Star Wars fans so so much.

Holy poo poo.

I’m making fun of the fact that will be a YouTube video topic. Relax.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Can y'all just not be loving weirdos for one goddamn day.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Finale was fine, with the entire series high points being Ewan and Hayden'S last fight. This could've been a 2 and a half hour movie.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

It took 15 years to finish building the Death Star. Also Tarkin blew up Alderaan, Vader just stood there unable to muster the energy to even give a poo poo during that whole thing.

Vader's more like "bro, don't blame me, i was meant to die with the death star but the focus group kids REALLY REALLY wanted to buy toys of me"

you know what maybe disney isn't the worst at making star warses after all

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 23, 2022

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Owlbear Camus posted:

They didn't. Threepio is seen in the first episode when they host the lovely little cousin that Leia roasts. R2 was absent though.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Glad to see the ISD model from Rogue One getting another trot out. They never fired the main battery heavy turbolasers, but then, there were no suitable targets for them.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

They didn't. Threepio is seen in the first episode when they host the lovely little cousin that Leia roasts. R2 was absent though.

Don't think that was Threepio, just some other rando protocol droid.

When Reva was standing over Luke trying to work up the courage(?) to kill him, I was reminded of that episode of the early 2000's Twilight Zone where some lady goes back in time to kill Hitler as a baby. (Spoilers for a 20 year old show that nobody watched) She goes back in time and hems and haws about whether or not to kill this baby, and then at the end, finally does kill baby Hitler by throwing him in a river or something. Then the baby's nurse/caretaker freaks out upon finding the baby gone, and decides to go out and steal a random homeless woman's baby and pass him off as baby Hitler. The gist is that the "real" Hitler was innocent and this homeless baby grows up to be the Hitler we all know and love

Would have loved to see the fan explosions if Reva just killed Luke there and Owen and Beru grabbed some street urchin from the alleys of Tatooine to be the "new" Luke

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

What is it with nameless townspeople vanishing off-frame after their encounters with Reva?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished watching the last episode. What complete and utter trash and a waste of time that whole thing was. Fan service that contributes absolutely nothing to the overall story and lore. Plays it so safe as to do literally nothing with the actors and characters they had, just squanders the whole thing and pisses it all away for 6 episodes of garbage. Like, imagine having my posts made into a TV show, that is Obi-Wan.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i wish vader yelled "intensify forward firepower!" like that guy in rotj because i always found his cadence funny. anyways it was a decent finale to a decent show. nothing spectacular. i do hope they keep hayden around for s2 because he deserves it. i don't really care how they justify vader being in s2 just let him get some screen time. i'm assuming since reva took obi's help we will see her in s2, and tbh given the backlash from the online nazis i really hope they do it just to give a big gently caress you to everyone who whined about it. tbh i really did think there might be an ahsoka cameo just because all the tweets by news sites about The Cameos were too obvious. like, i knew qui-gon was gonna show, but i didn't think that was gonna merit entire clickbait articles. guess i was wrong.

also i guess that means that liam neeson has gotten past his "I roamed around the city looking for a random Black person to murder" cancellation lol

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i know james earl jones is old and they gotta use AI for him now, but did anyone else notice in the disney remaster of ANH he has some lines swapped in from other films? here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A0rwG39Jzk&t=30s

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Mr. Wizanskiiiiii

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I can’t believe the balls of this show to have Obi-Wan defeat Vader again and once again walk away, for no other reason than continuity.

That’s not even getting into how a severely wounded Reva manages to not only get to Tattooine, but get there like an entire day before Obi-Wan, somehow?

It’s frustrating because I think the Obi-Wan character stuff is mostly good, along with the Vader stuff, but at the end of the day did this show actually add anything to the story? The answer is a strong no.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
This show stunk. It feels like it exists just to explain why Obi wan calls him Darth in ANH and it doesn’t even do that well.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

site posted:

i wish vader yelled "intensify forward firepower!" like that guy in rotj because i always found his cadence funny. anyways it was a decent finale to a decent show. nothing spectacular. i do hope they keep hayden around for s2 because he deserves it. i don't really care how they justify vader being in s2 just let him get some screen time. i'm assuming since reva took obi's help we will see her in s2, and tbh given the backlash from the online nazis i really hope they do it just to give a big gently caress you to everyone who whined about it. tbh i really did think there might be an ahsoka cameo just because all the tweets by news sites about The Cameos were too obvious. like, i knew qui-gon was gonna show, but i didn't think that was gonna merit entire clickbait articles. guess i was wrong.

also i guess that means that liam neeson has gotten past his "I roamed around the city looking for a random Black person to murder" cancellation lol

that intensify forward firepower! scene is one of the best in anything star wars

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Colonel Whitey posted:

This show stunk. It feels like it exists just to explain why Obi wan calls him Darth in ANH and it doesn’t even do that well.

its a classic example of writing backwards. it might even be more outrageous than the later seasons of game of thrones

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

OldSenileGuy posted:

Would have loved to see the fan explosions if Reva just killed Luke there and Owen and Beru grabbed some street urchin from the alleys of Tatooine to be the "new" Luke

25 years later, they wheel Ian McDiarmid into the Volume2 to film a slapdash scene explaining that random street urchin was actually a Palpatine, because of course you can only be a main character if you're from a super special noble bloodline :mad:.

site posted:

"You don't have to learn anything if you don't want to."

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

drat goons mad lol. I liked it. MUCH better than the sequel trilogy

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I enjoyed my time watching Obi-Wan: A Star Wars Story. Then again I don't hate my life or regularly punish myself by watching poo poo I don't like.

I did think it was funny the holster got an origin story.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
this show is a masterclass in illustrating the limitations of filming things on the holodeck. additionally, failing to hire a good composer, fight choreographer, screenwriter, and director. the action is flat. the music is forgettable. the dialogue is bland. the direction is basically absent. any memorable moments are dependent on nostalgia. the prequels are not good but i would rather watch them again.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
My hot take on Obiwan is that I think the back half was enjoyable while it had a somewhat weak start. I also had a very good cackle at his first words to tiny Luke, especially since I played the Lego game recently and that was a silly gag during it.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Watched it yesterday. It was easily the best episode of the 6. I don't regret watching it. While my opinion on the Boba Fett show was sort of not quite regret but very close to it as it didn't give me what I was there for, this show sometimes gave me what I was there for but in the same way a waiter gives you what you ask for by spilling your order all over you.

Finally Reva was actually good. It's unfortunate that everything before this was so bad. Reva was clearly hurt (but how the hell did she survive this long?), but put up an okay fight. She then finds that for all her posing she's not actually a child murderer and is just lashing out dumbly. That could've been a fantastic storyline had it been done right. Still, this episode I'd say Moses did an ace job acting the part.

Hayden nailed his final discussion with Obi Wan. Fantastic.

Fight itself looked pretty good to me actually, up until Obi Wan suddenly became able to throw infinite rocks when 5 minutes earlier Vader was clearly the superior rock thrower.
This doesn't feel to me that Vader was schooled, he was overpowered. Because Obi Wan is now a super hero.
I also laughed out loud when they gave Leia the holster. How much connection to Tala did she really have? Not to mention, Tala blew herself the gently caress up with a grenade! And took out multiple Storm Troopers doing so. That holster should be shredded and charred.
But at least having Lola in there is a cute touch.
Love Qui Gon showing up and immediately sassing Obi. Having just rewatched it, Qui Gon was great in the Phantom Menace.

The biggest problem is that every time they make additions like this it causes the OG characters to look more incompetent (like why walk away? It could've worked but thanks to their discussion it doesn't quite) and there's no tension.
This is a show with the following characters:
Vader Darth
Obi Wan
Leia
Luke
Owen
Beru
Reva
Grand Inquisitor
Bail Organa
Fake Jedi conman
Tala
Roken
Lola

So about 13 characters who are in direct conflict over a war. Of those characters only 4 are actually at risk of anything because everyone else has chronological immunity. They can't die and can't be maimed because they have a certain state they need to be in in about 10 years. This is a problem in a show where the goal of one side is to kill everyone on the other side.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I wonder if Roken is going to be a recurring character if the Cal Kestis show rumor is true or he can appear in Andor and have some cool meaningful sacrifice as well since we all know he never appears in the OT era.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Am I the only one that didn't see the holster thing as like a weird callback or a connection but was simply showing that her experiences have led her to want to take more direct action that will lead to her becoming galactic terrorist Leia instead of a sheltered princess?

It really didn't register as any type of fan service to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Jerkface posted:

Am I the only one that didn't see the holster thing as like a weird callback or a connection but was simply showing that her experiences have led her to want to take more direct action that will lead to her becoming galactic terrorist Leia instead of a sheltered princess?

It really didn't register as any type of fan service to me.

No. That's what I thought as well. It felt like they wanted to inspire Leia to be more like Tala?