Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Thought Alex loved the nose candy? How can anyone be in to recreational pharmaceuticals and be THAT much of a buzzkill? He acted like the guy people leave parties to avoid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I've done toad 60 times

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Alex only does toed once or twice a year... to test the potency :rolleyes:

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I feel like Alex only does non-alcohol drugs when he's trying to hang with the cool kids.

Unless you count him taking a too high a dose of most of his supplements every day

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
While his alcoholism is usually noted, Alex does have a habit for recreational drugs, though not in any way that is entirely unique to him. As Alex is a narcissist, his drug habits likely correlate to the drug habits of other narcissists. From what I've read of the research, narcissism's relationship with substance abuse is largely a thrill-seeking behavior which also correlates with other non-substance-involved behaviors like excessive gambling.

According to Rogan, Alex is addicted to some forms of prescription stimulants. One time Alex was on Rogan's show, Rogan cornered Alex about it, to which Alex responded in an uncharacteristically defensive manner. Dan and Jordan noted it was both an odd thing for Rogan to say and an odd way for Alex to react, but the show's policy is only to approach Alex in his role as a propagandist, and to leave the personal life of him and his likely-suffering family on the side. (Unless, of course, something from his personal life is obviously getting in the way of his professional life.) I don't think it's been brought up again directly since, but I do remember it. The other question to note regarding this is maybe Rogan was actually lying, so even if it would line up with other evidence, you'd still have to worry if Rogan is trustworthy source.

The implied joke regarding the original "a little breakie for me" comes from one of several times when Alex shows up late, throws a low-energy fit, leaves to "start the show over," and comes back 15 minutes later in a suddenly high-energy state. Even for the badly-managed poo poo-show that it is, Alex likely wouldn't be able to handle the workload that running InfoWars requires without some form of chemical assistance. It is, and has always been, an extreme workload that even a "properly run" media org would struggle with. As a point of comparison, Tucker Carlson only needs to manage five hours of content a week, but Alex's radio contracts demand more than three times that much, and on a shoestring budget. (In both what little money Alex spends on the show, and in terms of the poor quality of his working staff.)

And we also know that his supplements aren't of much help to him in this regard, as he has used them on-air multiple times and his reaction to those was... different. Interesting, but different. It's not much of a control group, but his reaction to known abusable substances versus whatever the hell his supplements are suggests the two groups are too un-alike to be considered the same.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
How many times has Alex said on air that the staff thinks he does cocaine? Like 10 times?

E: truly the drug of assholes

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I somehow forgot about all those times he has taken a walk for a segment and came back POWERED UP. Lot of nonsense to keep track of with this guy.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
This video was made for me and exactly me. I am the target demographic of this.

More Alex Jones Warhammer 40k crossovers please

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Right. R-r-r-r-r-r-right. Right.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Video of what they are talking about in the latest episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1irpvRxbGoY

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

His voice was so different before he went full Limbaugh impersonation.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
So a trailer for Alex's documentary just dropped? The person making it kinda seems like they're angling for the Dinesh D'Souza "I am a censored documentarian" grift market, so it'll presumably be sympathetic to the point of being fawning.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

How much you wanna bet that the Russian State Actor Anonymous Donor who gave Alex 8 Million bucks in bitcoin told him basically shut up until the Jan 6th committee hearings are over?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I really need to see Alex Jones talking to me about herpes.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

LionYeti posted:

How much you wanna bet that the Russian State Actor Anonymous Donor who gave Alex 8 Million bucks in bitcoin told him basically shut up until the Jan 6th committee hearings are over?
He was back today.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

0konner posted:

He was back today.

Good heres hoping he says something actionable.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Just like herpes, Alex has Jones has returned, you say?

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Froghammer posted:

So a trailer for Alex's documentary just dropped? The person making it kinda seems like they're angling for the Dinesh D'Souza "I am a censored documentarian" grift market, so it'll presumably be sympathetic to the point of being fawning.

Ugh. More fuel for Alex's narcissism engine. This is made by the same person who made "TFW NO GF". Has anyone seen that?

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Also Leo Zigami is back on the Wednesday ep

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Digital Jedi posted:

Video of what they are talking about in the latest episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1irpvRxbGoY

Wete gonna find out the company that this company was engaged in hallariously shady poo poo.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

0konner posted:

Also Leo Zigami is back on the Wednesday ep

Did Leo do 9/11 AND Jan 6?!

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Spoeank posted:

Did Leo do 9/11 AND Jan 6?!

Have not listened but I did also immediately have the thought that Alex was bringing him on hoping he would just cop to some 1/6 poo poo and take the heat off Alex.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Am now listening Dan is going to absolutely lose his poo poo at the scott adams clip on the Wednesday ep.

E: To clarify scott Adams literally says “no one has ever presented evidence that Alex doesn’t believe what he says”.

0konner fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jun 23, 2022

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I would honestly love to get a drink with a crazy like Sweary Kerry or a Leo Zigami.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I'm not much of a social drinker, but I can't imagine Kerry as pleasant to be around. My impression of her is that she would only want to talk about aliens, while also getting very passive-aggressive if you say anything about the aliens that is even slightly out-of-line with her byzantine lore. This might just get a limitation of the format, though. Because of the show's editorial policy to only approach what they say in their media and not meddle in their personal lives, I'm in no position to imagine Secret Space Program weirdos in a format that isn't: 1) them talking about their racist-but-in-a-weird-way fan fiction, or 2) making me accomplice to some poorly-executed crime.

Zigami, though, I just have no idea. He's one of the recurring crazies I could never get a handle on one way or the other.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I wonder where the gently caress Alex actually is. Is he trying to skip the country or has he just caught covid for the umpteenth time?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
QAnon Anonymous's free episode this week is about Paul Joseph Watson, for anyone interested

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Testekill posted:

I wonder where the gently caress Alex actually is. Is he trying to skip the country or has he just caught covid for the umpteenth time?

He was back yesterday.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LionYeti posted:

I would honestly not be surprised if it was Peter Thiel or a similar figure.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6ezNMWFg34

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Today he claimed he will be going to uvalde while going harder in on the false flag thing.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

0konner posted:

Today he claimed he will be going to uvalde while going harder in on the false flag thing.

Completely unwilling or incapable of learning

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

That gambling one was pretty awesome.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
The same person who uploaded Teen Gambling put up the Herpes video but Alex isn't on that one.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Tree Dude posted:

The same person who uploaded Teen Gambling put up the Herpes video but Alex isn't on that one.

Noooooooooooo

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Probably refused out of prudishness it’s a family show you know.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Tree Dude posted:

Booooooooooo

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Yayayayayaya

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Cyber Satan and His Robots is my band name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
I want “when the Pope goes to Moscow” to be a new phrase for “when the poo poo goes down”.