Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I was thinking of buying my daughter a couple of badass lady figures. The key ones being Portman Thor and Princess Leia. Maybe a Wonder Woman too.

Are there any of those that are the same scale? Or are they all random.

Edit: oh and are they doing a Ms Marvel like based on the show? She loves that show.

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Shiroc posted:

Me: I will not buy more old Master Chiefs
Also me: oooh I could get the white one I used to really want

Basically me with the Mafex Hush stuff. I've never even loving read Hush, I'm barely aware of who he is and only wanted a nice Batman but here I am probably gonna snap up every goddamn figure in the line. Ridiculous.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Red Rox posted:

I was thinking of buying my daughter a couple of badass lady figures. The key ones being Portman Thor and Princess Leia. Maybe a Wonder Woman too.

For Leia and PortmanThor your best bet is The Black Series and Marvel Legends, respectively. Same company, same scale (6in).

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Also there's an upcoming Disney+ wave of Marvel Legends that'll have the MCU Ms. Marvel in it too. You should be able to find Portman Thor on shelves now.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Leia is pretty easy to find, depending on which movie you want the look from. Check Amazon, there's a LOT of options.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Red Rox posted:

Edit: oh and are they doing a Ms Marvel like based on the show? She loves that show.

For WW your cheapest bet would be the McFarlane movie versions, but those are a 7 inch scale. There's a neat "winter" version of comic WW out on shelves now, but again its a larger scale.

Speaking of McFarlane, I got a few new ones today.

Superwoman and Red Robin are the best of the bunch. I don't know who the joker batman is but I like the colors and the look. Ghostmaker is a nice new character to have on the shelf. Hush is waiting on the weapons pack to ship out so he can be properly armed. Jon is a special boy. We like Jon.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jun 22, 2022

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Red Rox posted:

I have kind of a personal bias since she was my own childhood favorite toy / character, but I recommend She-Ra! This new one coming soon looks great:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/203953

Or they've got a reissue of the Origins version coming up:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/145765

Origins is 5" scale and Masterverse is 7" scale, so neither fits exactly with Marvel or Star Wars figures which are both 6" scale.

By the way, there are a ton of options for a Wonder Woman at 6" scale, but if you want a really classic comics style one, getting an old Mattel DC Universe Classics one off eBay might be your best bet? The best movie-based ones tend to run a little expensive but Mattel did some toward the end of their run too. I haven't checked prices on any of those.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I unexpectedly found Green Goku at the manga store tonight

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Here's a few X-mans.

Gambit is missing the charged card he holds between his fingers.

edit: Beardo and Blue Slim are gone. So are X-Factor Slim, Heimdall, Multiple Man, Cable, Mobuis, and TV Loki. Gone is Negasonic.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jun 23, 2022

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Shiroc posted:

I unexpectedly found Green Goku at the manga store tonight

Best Piccolo Green Goku yet. Those faces and colors rule.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I have kind of a personal bias since she was my own childhood favorite toy / character, but I recommend She-Ra! This new one coming soon looks great:

Oh dammit you're right she loves She-Ra too. Ok this is getting expensive haha.

Maybe she can just be a 7" behemoth.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Well, comic wise WW is supposed to be near superman's height and built. It's only in the movies we get a skinny lady. She should be like a tall less mentally damaged version of Gina Carano. Let her tower over the rest as she deserves.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Heights of comic book characters including how they look tend to be a bit random at times. Yeah they all have certain aspects that are universal, but between artist some take different takes on them.

In comics Wolverine is one of the best examples of this, he's supposed to be short and in some comics he is. In others, he is as tall as anyone else.

Where Wonder Woman is concerned she's been depicted as skinny, tall, toned, body builderish, or as an outright supermodel depending on the artist and write/stories being featured.

There's no real one absolute depiction of her, certain aspects are usually different.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Red Rox posted:

There's a Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel figure that's not show specific. Those are already floating around in stores.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
NECA TMNT Loot Crates are finally shipping apparently. I have Crate 3 shipping, although I don't yet have Crate 2 :(

Others are reporting getting #2 or #3 as well. Seems odd to have different people reporting getting different crates shipped. All the people of Facebook that noted it, did say they ordered all four.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Drowning Rabbit posted:

NECA TMNT Loot Crates are finally shipping apparently. I have Crate 3 shipping, although I don't yet have Crate 2 :(

Others are reporting getting #2 or #3 as well. Seems odd to have different people reporting getting different crates shipped. All the people of Facebook that noted it, did say they ordered all four.

Give them a break! They're new to producing and shipping items. NECA has ONLY been around since... 1996.

Oh, Animated Sinister arrived.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Man that animated look just doesn’t work when the rest of the figure is glossy plastic. Such a shame.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Sinister must shine no matter what.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Usually when I'm posing a figure I think about it a little and look at the product pictures for any good ideas.

Piccolo, I got him out of his box, turned his arms up slightly to see the movement and decided that was it

Shiroc fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 23, 2022

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Picked up Hot Toys CW Ahsoka after a few delays and just beyond happy with this figure. All those amazing feelings from watching Clone Wars and Rebels came rushing in. What a fantastic character! I cannot wait for the Ahsoka series.

I hope hope hope we get Hera, Sabine, Ezra and maybe even Kanan with Freddie Prinze Jr head sculpt. 🥺 One can dream eh?

Getting full here with a few other characters still in boxes. Need more shelves soon!!

Ps - the Rebels soundtrack is so relaxing!!!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

Picked up Hot Toys CW Ahsoka after a few delays and just beyond happy with this figure. All those amazing feelings from watching Clone Wars and Rebels came rushing in. What a fantastic character! I cannot wait for the Ahsoka series.

I hope hope hope we get Hera, Sabine, Ezra and maybe even Kanan with Freddie Prinze Jr head sculpt. 🥺 One can dream eh?

Getting full here with a few other characters still in boxes. Need more shelves soon!!

You made the cloak look nice. Great job!

My CW Anakin is supposed to ship tomorrow. I've got a spot for him right next to her.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Vintersorg posted:

Rebels is my favorite Star Wars anything, so OFC I agree with all of this. So far I've limited myself to 4 Hot Toys total (3 of them are still on pre-order,) but if they started making the full Rebels crew--specifically in their timeskip looks--I think I might break.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

A+ Superman. He quickly earned a spot on my favorite toys shelf.

(MAFEX Hush, eBay score.)

Even though it won't be visible in most display poses, I really appreciate the big yellow S on his cape. That's a detail I miss in designs where it's left out.

This figure feels like a proper update to the old Kenner Super Powers figure that I loved so much as a kid, in a way that no other Superman figure really has. The colors, proportions, the really clean paint, the big cloth cape. He's just exactly cartoony enough. The perfect 80s Superman. I utterly destroyed two of those Kenner Superman figures in my youth, just by playing with them until the paint wore off and the arms fell off. I've always known that I could hop on eBay and find one that's not destroyed, but in a way I feel like there's no point in that. Those guys did their job, and what I've really been wanting is a modern 6" figure that has the same vibe. None of the Mattel ones really did it for me. This guy is perfect, though.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone know where to get NECA style action figure stands? Or 1/10th scale stands I guess. I'm going to need some for a display or two I have in mind but I don't know where to go about looking for them or what good ones even are

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well that's a new one.

Amiami canceled my order of the Sentinel Peni and SP//dr because it contains batteries and they can't ship it by DHL, and no other shippers are currently available to Canada.

That's incorrect since DHL is a courier and can carry batteries but alright. I could just get it from BBTS but I don't think I really want it anymore anyway.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
DHL will refuse to take Lithium and Lithum-Ion batteries if not packed in a certain manner. While I doubt something the size of SP//dr has one of those, depending on the way it's packaged and how the battery is listed(if at all) on the box it may be too ambiguous for DHL to accept without further details which Amiami may not have and the distributor/maker did not supply. In cases like this Couriers will usually take the safest, least liability fraught route and reject it until the sender has all the details even if the odds are it only contains a small watch battery.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Aphrodite posted:

Well that's a new one.

Amiami canceled my order of the Sentinel Peni and SP//dr because it contains batteries and they can't ship it by DHL, and no other shippers are currently available to Canada.

That's incorrect since DHL is a courier and can carry batteries but alright. I could just get it from BBTS but I don't think I really want it anymore anyway.

Honestly, I kinda like these situations. You preorder something in the moment because you really really like it and then it comes to ship and you're like "oh yeah...." because by that time the shine has worn off. Then it turns out for whatever reason it can't/won't/doesn't ship and you're a little relieved because you get to save your money without having to do anything to admit you changed your mind about the product.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

It's now illegal to ship items with button batteries into Australia. Lots of people are getting their HT figure preorders canceled because of this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hottoys/comments/vituou/australias_button_battery_safety_standards_and/

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Joe Fisto posted:

It's now illegal to ship items with button batteries into Australia. Lots of people are getting their HT figure preorders canceled because of this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hottoys/comments/vituou/australias_button_battery_safety_standards_and/

This is crazy to me, holy crap!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That seems like a ton of items that cannot come into the country.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Drowning Rabbit posted:

This is crazy to me, holy crap!

Lithium batteries cannot be put in cargo for airplanes at all. Since DHL runs their own cargo planes, it's not terribly surprising. Sucks though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lithium's only banned in cargo for passenger planes. Cargo planes can carry them, otherwise technology companies couldn't ship anything direct from factory to customer.

Postal services use space on passenger flights (which is why the covid shutdown hit mail so badly) so that's why they won't carry them mostly. You can specify ground only shipping for them by post but basically no e-commerce company I've seen will bother to do that except Amazon very rarely.

Amiami is probably just lazy with the paperwork.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

How difficult is it to change out a battery on a Hot Toy? Maybe they should just offer an option to ship the product without a battery?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Not hard at all.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The batteries in Hot Toys don't come pre-installed anyway.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

The batteries in Hot Toys don't come pre-installed anyway.

And they’re the worst batteries. Just don’t include them.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
God help me, the Kenobi finale got me to pull the trigger and buy the Sideshow Mythos figure I’ve been eyeing for over a year which means I now have three Obi-Wans waiting to ship.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Big Mean Jerk posted:

God help me, the Kenobi finale got me to pull the trigger and buy the Sideshow Mythos figure I’ve been eyeing for over a year which means I now have three Obi-Wans waiting to ship.

Watch Hot Toys drops a figure on it now too. :3:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Vintersorg posted:

Watch Hot Toys drops a figure on it now too. :3:

I assume they will, I just don’t feel like waiting another year+ for it to actually arrive. I’ll just upgrade if that happens and sell this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The Alec Guinness one? I've also been watching that for a long time and noticed the outfit in the finale is spot on.