Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Or the stern stoicism most TFs have.

e: whatta page topper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Transformers Toys Generations War for Cybertron Series-Inspired Leader Class Spoiler Pack for 16.99

https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/23...KpApWGUL_PVUZtU

Grabbed this for the purple dinosaur, not sure how i feel about battle damaged megs.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

Blackchamber posted:

Transformers Toys Generations War for Cybertron Series-Inspired Leader Class Spoiler Pack for 16.99

Grabbed this for the purple dinosaur, not sure how i feel about battle damaged megs.

Grabbed that, thanks!

Speaking of purple dinosaurs, they also have the reissue Beast Wars Megatron for only $12.72!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

If you're not subbed to Bot Bender Orinj, fix that. He's doing some great work with using Weaponizers, Modulators and Fossilizers to make fan modes. For instance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFxWbsHW6rA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FFaEXV2qo4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcDuJAYa4u4

I was inspired to give Wingfinger another try after watching a few of his videos. Behold:

E: Better config and photo

Dabir fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jun 21, 2022

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blackchamber posted:

Moai Ou posted:

Grabbed that, thanks!

Speaking of purple dinosaurs, they also have the reissue Beast Wars Megatron for only $12.72!
man, when did those sales end? the first one's ludicrously expensive now and the second's back to retail

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Blackchamber posted:

That link comes up for me at $150. drat!

Way beaten.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
From what I can tell Walmart's online store has turned into an Amazon-like thing where rando other sellers can list stuff too and it'll show you that after they run out of stock. It was less than ideal for my toy-hunting needs on the last trip stateside.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Added Ironworks and the Micromasters into the mix too. Now that this very dumb gestalt has gear from Siege, Earthrise and Kingdom, I'm calling it Optimus Prime: Trilogy Edition.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Dabir posted:

Added Ironworks and the Micromasters into the mix too. Now that this very dumb gestalt has gear from Siege, Earthrise and Kingdom, I'm calling it Optimus Prime: Trilogy Edition.

He will beat you up with his arms behind his back

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Haha yeah, not sure what I could do to make that less noticeable. Maybe if Wingfinger's hands were plugged in there?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Arquinsiel posted:

From what I can tell Walmart's online store has turned into an Amazon-like thing where rando other sellers can list stuff too and it'll show you that after they run out of stock. It was less than ideal for my toy-hunting needs on the last trip stateside.
Yep, pretty much all the big retailers have copied Amazon's lead and made that kind of garbage marketplace setup. It really sucks when you're trying to find an exclusive.

Speaking of exclusives here's Minerva.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Where is Minerva going to be available? I might go for her version over Elita 1.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Wal-Mart Velocitron subline is the going rumor.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

No, Minerva is supposed to be a Walgreens exclusive

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I think the car mode on Minerva looks better, but I prefer the Elita bot mode.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Minerva's head looks kinda too thin for her face.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

And I thought my area's Targets had a lot of Starscreams.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Knormal posted:

And I thought my area's Targets had a lot of Starscreams.

Yeah it's like that every time I stop in. Ollies hungers.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
For some reason TFWiki is being DDoSed

https://twitter.com/tfwiki/status/1539676018851586049

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Sorry guys, that’s me, I needed to know literally everything about Transformers all at once.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I just really needed to compare Artfire to the other uses of the mould yesterday, and I guess I :f5:'d a bit too hard. Sorry all.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Nodosaur posted:

No, Minerva is supposed to be a Walgreens exclusive

Walgreens has had Brainstorm, Ratchet, Red Alert, and now Minerva as their exclusive figures. Definitely a theme there.

Hasbro Pulse has shipped my stuff from their big sale.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Here's a fascinating music theory lesson on the original G1 Transformers cartoon theme and its weird time signatures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lk1d1PbHYY

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

That popped in my recommends the other day. Admittedly I didn't watch the whole thing and kind of skipped around, but my take was the dude spends like half an hour delving into what's pretty clearly just a poorly spliced edit from someone working on a kid's cartoon show he didn't give a poo poo about.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
That VF-4 I bought a couple years ago took a header off my computer tower to the floor today, and all that happened was some already-removable panels popped off. Bandai builds em tough, I guess.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

"for some reason"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

War and Pieces posted:

"for some reason"

Do you have some idea what the reason is?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Dabir posted:

Do you have some idea what the reason is?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Knormal posted:

That popped in my recommends the other day. Admittedly I didn't watch the whole thing and kind of skipped around, but my take was the dude spends like half an hour delving into what's pretty clearly just a poorly spliced edit from someone working on a kid's cartoon show he didn't give a poo poo about.
He concludes that it's not that for <music reasons go here> apparently, due to how it has multiple time signature changes, and the same jumps are in the same places in the outro music too.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Time signature changes between one phrase and another are one thing, but it's clearly been chopped up as well. Slapdash, cheaply produced cartoon has slapdash, cheaply produced intro, mystery solved. The Animated version is probably closer to what it was supposed to sound like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NWqFKHxW4k

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Cosmos!!

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
He's coming to the UK right? Half the ruddy show. or rather, all the coolest robots seemed to be Wallmart exclusives.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
We'll just have to organise an international robot smuggling ring for us Euro-goons.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The US store exclusives all seem to be on UK Hasbro Pulse now.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I still have my og Cosmos and the.. uh, whatever the most recent one was. Definitely scooping the new one if I can get my hands on it.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Classics Cosmos got me back into collecting and I just don't see any way to improve on it, literally a perfect Transformer

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Dabir posted:

Time signature changes between one phrase and another are one thing, but it's clearly been chopped up as well. Slapdash, cheaply produced cartoon has slapdash, cheaply produced intro, mystery solved. The Animated version is probably closer to what it was supposed to sound like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NWqFKHxW4k

Except as he shows near the end the re-recording for the '86 movie keeps a lot of the quirks you attribute to an edit. There is a bad splice early in the '84 theme song but that doesn't explain all the weird stuff in it after that.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The Scrounge repaint was inspired.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I get needing to give him a decently sized torso, but the new Cosmos looks way too tall in vehicle mode. If there was a way to push some of that bulk down into the saucer it would look great, but as it is, it feels more like something you'd see in the background of a Jawa swap meet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Tighclops posted:

Classics Cosmos got me back into collecting and I just don't see any way to improve on it, literally a perfect Transformer
Do you mean Universe or Thrilling 30?

Because if it's the second then there's one way to improve on it and it's incredibly minor so barely worth mentioning.