Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Guess I'm just curious what a bunch of internet strangers would have done in the same position.

I'm going to chime in as well because I would do the exact same thing if given the option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

My girl is one and a half and her favorite word right now is "No" even if it's something she wants and/or already asked for lol

God I love this crazy rear end human

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
yeah you gotta do what’s best for your kid, you can just talk about socioeconomic things and other conditions outside of school.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I'm in a very similar situation too as I recently got a job at a fantastic private school in new england and we get free tuition for one child so at the least we have free pre-school. We will decide when the time comes if we want to send baby #2 to it as well

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
The public schools to which your kids would have gone won't be immiserated by their absence, nor will they suffer any meaningful harm. You have an opportunity and if its in your best interests to take it then take it.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

yeah that's a tough one. I've been railing against fee-paying schools for as long as I can remember, both the model itself and the kinds of people those environments create - (I'm in the UK though so 'private school' has very specific connotations here that you might not have). But like others said idk anything about your personal circumstances so if it works for you then go for it.

I bought my 2 y/o the costume from encanto and now he won't wear anything else, which made getting dressed to get out of the house this morning a fun filled experience.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

kecske posted:

I bought my 2 y/o the costume from encanto and now he won't wear anything else, which made getting dressed to get out of the house this morning a fun filled experience.

Wouldn't an encanto costume just be Columbian clothing?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

PerniciousKnid posted:

Wouldn't an encanto costume just be Columbian clothing?

with “mirabel” embroidered on the bag and dress.

see, that way they can trademark “Colombian dress with mirabel” while “Colombian dress” and “mirabel” alone couldn’t be strongly trademarked.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Our oldest usually doesn't want to wear pants while he's at home, so we told him that if he wants to watch one of the shows he likes he needs to put on pants. When he's done watching his show he'll tell us to turn it off and then he'll take his pants off. I am surprised how quickly this stuck with him.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007
Cool story, pants hitler

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Buddy I don't even wear pants at home

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
I prefer my kids to keep their clothes on, because it's easier than getting the whole family dressed every time I step outside, but it's a losing battle.

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011
You mean leg prisons? It's like you're running a GULAG.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

IAMKOREA posted:

Cool story, pants hitler

Thread title

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
my son is always in just his underpants when we are at home and the only thing I make him get dressed for is going outside or visitors.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

The important thing is making sure they wear pants to bed every night.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

hahaha

If I don't have him wear pants throughout the day it's hard for us to get him to put them on if we have to leave the house.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

my son is always in just his underpants when we are at home and the only thing I make him get dressed for is going outside or visitors.

ALL visitors? you must live in Buckingham Palace

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
nah we just never have anyone over

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I have an unreasonable amount of anxiety about "first birthday party with friends" and it's happening twice this year.

not Covid-related or anything. Just... general reluctance to host a bunch of strange kids at our house.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Serve cocktails for the parents it'll be a blast, trust me

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
hey if you're interested and weren't aware:

COVID vaccine for 6 months to 5 years has been approved in the US as of this past weekend. get your kids' shots now!

you may have a choice between moderna and pfizer... moderna did far better than pfizer with two shots. Pfizer then submitted 3 shots to make up for it, and they are slightly higher efficacy than modernas 2 shots with their 3, but also their sample size is literally 11 kids.

in the US? https://www.vaccines.gov/search/

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

It took two hours of denials but we were able to solve the mystery of "who broke the TV and how did it happen"

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Well don't just leave us hanging :allears:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

For the 90 seconds they were out of my wife's sight yesterday, my kids decided to play "whip a tennis ball at the TV"

It was extremely obvious from the start it was my daughter because she is the worst liar and carries guilt terribly

e: at least it's "only" a $300 TCL but still not happy about this!!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

brugroffil posted:

It was extremely obvious from the start it was my daughter because she is the worst liar and carries guilt terribly

:same:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

fosborb posted:

COVID vaccine for 6 months to 5 years has been approved in the US as of this past weekend. get your kids' shots now!

you may have a choice between moderna and pfizer... moderna did far better than pfizer with two shots. Pfizer then submitted 3 shots to make up for it, and they are slightly higher efficacy than modernas 2 shots with their 3, but also their sample size is literally 11 kids.

My 4 year old daughter got jabbed yesterday.

Somehow, possibly with divine intervention, me, my 2 kids and their mom made it this whole time without getting Covid

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

we all got got just last week for the first time. loving deceitful grandma

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

rhode island isnt offering them until next week, cool

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Lmao my kid was in the Moderna trial in the 25% who got a placebo. Its frustrating but that sweet trial money is paying for our gas to go camping this weekend.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

My 4 year old daughter got jabbed yesterday.

Somehow, possibly with divine intervention, me, my 2 kids and their mom made it this whole time without getting Covid

apparently pharmacists can’t give jabs to kids 3 and under and our pediatrician doesn’t know when they’ll get vaccines

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

fosborb posted:

Thank you for this!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Protrip for multiple kids/multiple cars: a cheap 2 way radio set will keep them occupied and is hilarious.

"I just peed on the ground!"
"10-4!"

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

my wife and i are going to have to explain Roe to my 10-year-old daughter and i loving hate this so much, i'm just so depressed and lethargic rn

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Yup, I'm not even American and I'm gonna have to have a talk about it too with my 11yr old. It can't be worse than school shooting chat though.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
america's running out of kids to be shot so they needed to ban people's ability to not have kids, talk done ez

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Have any parents with children under 5 vaccinated them against covid? My kids are signed up to get them on Friday, but my reaction to moderna was intense. I'm worried.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I took mine in for her first shot of moderna yesterday, she was fine afterward. Next one is in 4 weeks

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Our four year old got Moderna last week. No reaction whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Thank you folks! It's a long weekend so we have no problem just hunkering down if they get sick, but I am hopeful they won't. Thank you!!