Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for singing a song to my wife at our wedding and making her angry?

quote:

I just got married last week (my wife and I are both in our thirties). I am Mexican, she is American, but we both grew up in the US and both our families know both languages. My wife planned every bit of the wedding and was a very controlling and nervous bride, but alright, I get that she was stressed.

During the reception I went to the band and asked them to play a song for me to sing to my new wife. It was Te Amare by Miguel Bose. It was the song from out first date in a really bad Mexican restaurant, so it became a long standing joke between us.

The guests really loved the song, my MIL cried and told me it was beautiful, but my bride seemed upset. I asked her what's wrong and she said I am an AH for taking the spotlight to enforce my ethnicity and not just let the band sing our song for us. Aita?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

lmao congrats on your coming divorce

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

Don't blame her, weddings are all about the bride, not the groom.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Well, at least he knows now. And not when she'd almost certainly bitch about him "enforcing ethnicity" with any children.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I was so confused reading the song’s lyrics and wondering what the problem is and then I reread and saw that she’s American and now I understand.

Yeah divorce her.

New Coke
Nov 28, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

quote:

to enforce my ethnicity

Oh, for sure, I mean singing a Spanish language song at his wedding is basically like forcibly converting everyone there to Mexicanism.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Imagine the meltdown when he starts teaching their kids Spanish

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
"Your ethnicity was fun and exotic when we were dating but now we're married I'm going to need you to white it up" is an exciting new twist on racism

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

"Your ethnicity was fun and exotic when we were dating but now we're married I'm going to need you to white it up" is an exciting new twist on racism

Oh, it's super common towards multiracial people.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Justin Godscock posted:

All I'm going to say is I remember staying at a hotel that was hosting a major cheerleading competition for high schoolers (very long story but our first hotel lost the final day of our reservation so this was the only last-minute option).

Never again.

I demand details. :colbert:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

"New"

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Maybe dude couldnt carry a note in a bucket? Bridezilla has every detail planned and here's her hubby singing like a rhino in pain.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Sloth Life posted:

Maybe dude couldnt carry a note in a bucket? Bridezilla has every detail planned and here's her hubby singing like a rhino in pain.

She specifically complained about his ethnicity, not his singing voice, when confronted.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

The Bramble posted:

She specifically complained about his ethnicity, not his singing voice, when confronted.

well, he did make at least one of the other patrons cry :colbert:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
ATTENTION CITIZENS: THIS IS NOW A MANDATORY MEXICAN WEDDING. VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

WoodrowSkillson posted:

lmao congrats on your coming divorce

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

the holy poopacy posted:

ATTENTION CITIZENS: THIS IS NOW A MANDATORY MEXICAN WEDDING. VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED.

*I grimly nod, down an offered shot of tequila and prepare to get another taco*

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

the holy poopacy posted:

little did the Spain-spanish speakers know that they, too, would be shot by the Mexican Enforcement Droid

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The weirdest part is he said that both families can speak both Spanish and English, so it's not even like he's marrying into a family of chuds. She just decided to go full on racist out of nowhere.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Turns out he was Mexican, she was Mexican't. You hate to see it

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

If you track down the comment he made she would have preferred the band sing the song in English as well.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for refusing to help my brother and telling him he should’ve expected to lose his children?

quote:

My brother is going through a nasty custody battle and it looks like he’s going to lose his children. This all started because my brother decided to have an affair, continued seeing the other woman (his now fiancée) after his wife found out and moved with his two children once his wife had a mental breakdown. My sister-in-law didn’t want her family to get involved until he took the kids but now my brother is realising he hosed up as my sister-in-law’s dad and brother are using their money and connections to (unfairly) destroy him in court.

I’ve tried not to involve myself but all my family want to talk about is the custody case as everybody is worried we won’t be allowed to see the kids if my brother loses.

I have a casual sexual relationship with my sister-in-law’s brother and my sister suggested I should use that to look through his phone/house to see if there’s anything that could help my brother’s case. Everybody was onboard with the idea but I refused to do it. I told them he would catch me but they still want me to try. I ended up having an argument with my brother because he said I didn’t care about how he was going to lose his children. I was upset so I told him he should’ve expected to lose them because he knew who her family were before he decided to gently caress everything up.

AITA?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

He was Mexican, she was racist

Could I make it any more obvious

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Enos Cabell posted:

The weirdest part is he said that both families can speak both Spanish and English, so it's not even like he's marrying into a family of chuds. She just decided to go full on racist out of nowhere.

He says she's American but I'm wondering if she's got a Hispanic grandparent or great-grandparent that she's secretly ashamed of. If they split up and he tells her family why it might torch a few relationships with her family too.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

r/relationships: to (unfairly) destroy him in court

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
White Americans have the most boring rear end weddings. I wonder what they imagine a Mexican wedding is like. At least ten times cooler. Mariachi instead of the Chicken Dance. Tacos and empanadas instead of tiny sandwiches with pickle relish and salmon.

AITA for not dogsitting for my brother?

quote:

I (F 23) have dogsat for my brother (M 32) a few times and it has never been a good experience. I work two jobs and i am stretched pretty thin as-is. Last Oct. I dogsat for him and he didnt leave me and dog food, so i had to buy it, also the remote for the tv was lost, he didnt pull out the sofa bed for me (which im not picky about where i sleep but im doing him a favor so it wouldve been a nice gesture) so i slept on the couch, and his garage flooded so i had to fix his water pressure tank. he has two dogs and lives farther from my two jobs than i do at home. he also doesnt pay me, which im not asking for a lot of money but maybe just gas money or money for food (or leave me some food in the house). It has just been a bad experience overall and i told him i wouldnt do it again….

Last month he asked me to dogsit for a week for his two dogs and now cat as well, and i nicely said no. This led to a huge fight with him and his girlfriend being very rude to me. we kind of made up but he just asked me again this morning. Am i an rear end in a top hat if i say no?

I dogsit for free for a friend because it's literally a few blocks from my house, but the other friends where I have to drive 15 miles one way, and spend the night? Yeah they pay me. But they also have enough money to go on at least 1-2 vacations a year.

AITA for telling my ex , he had his chance to be a father to my kids

quote:

Ok some of you may remember my ex H (25) who left me after I gave birth to our sons 3 years ago .

Today , he called me begging for forgiveness and to come back to New York .

He discovered his mother manipulated him into thinking the boys weren’t his . Now he wants me to come back to New York and get back together and be a dad to our sons .

I told him that he had his chance to be a dad three years ago and blew it . Along with he didn’t stop me from moving across the country with the kids .

Not to mention, his current fiancé is pregnant with triplets . ( she and I are friends on Facebook which how I found out )

My sister is calling me an rear end in a top hat since she thinks H wants to be a dad to our kids .

While part of me wants to believe him . I’m still angry that he left me high and dry with two kids ti raise alone

So am I the rear end in a top hat for telling my ex he had his chance to be a dad .

Please move back to my city and let me be a dad (and maybe I won't abandon you or my replacement wife and kids).

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jun 23, 2022

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Arsenic Lupin posted:

r/relationships: to (unfairly) destroy him in court

Yeah, I don't see what's so unfair about it. He hosed around, and now he's finding out.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Cloacamazing! posted:

What the actual gently caress, Prudie?

That's the absolute last thing they should be doing. There is absolutely no way this is going to end well. The bully probably doesn't even remember what she did by now, at least not in as much detail as OP, so she's most likely going to laugh it off. "Oh, you're right, we were so naughty as kids!", "Haha, did I really say that?". She might apologize to get the crazy person off her back, but that's about the best case scenario I can think off.

Yeah. This whole thing on "getting closure" is just dumb. Just move on.

"Oh yeah I remember you... you NERD!" *slams down phone*

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Runcible Cat posted:

Yeah, I don't see what's so unfair about it. He hosed around, and now he's finding out.

Is it normal for affair marriage breakdowns to decide custody 100% one way?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Electric Wrigglies posted:

Is it normal for affair marriage breakdowns to decide custody 100% one way?

Soylent Pudding posted:

This all started because my brother decided to have an affair, continued seeing the other woman (his now fiancée) after his wife found out and moved with his two children once his wife had a mental breakdown.
I'm going to guess it's something to do with the cause of this extremely passive voiced mental breakdown.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I mean if his ex's family is using power and connections that is pretty literally unfair, the question is whether you really care about that or not

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Runcible Cat posted:

:emptyquote:
Should've kept his dick in his pants :shrug:

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

That sounds like the guy moved on without divorcing. Her having a mental breakdown because her relationship broke down does not support her retaining full custody.

The way it is written kind of implies he took the kids without a court order though. That would get him in hot water.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Invisible Clergy posted:

As an American who's big into beer, I've never even heard of Alexander Keith's so I can't comment, but what may be surprising to you is that Stella is a fancy import beer in America despite being what soccer hooligans drink in England.

What always amused me over there was that Sam Adams counts as an 'import'. Dude was literally part of your revolution guys!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Electric Wrigglies posted:

The way it is written kind of implies he took the kids without a court order though. That would get him in hot water.

It sounds very much like he broke her heart and mind with an affair and then moved out and took the kids with him once she was fully destabilized. gently caress this guy and I hope the powerful connected family destroys him

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Splicer posted:

I'm going to guess it's something to do with the cause of this extremely passive voiced mental breakdown.

Not to mention the equally vague "moved". Moved where? Down the street? Across the country? Across the world? If he unilaterally took off with the kids it's no wonder the mother's family are pissed off and vengeful. Sounds like he's made a whole string of bad decisions (and is dead set on making more if the family are trying to make OP play Mata Hari).

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for not letting my coworker drive my new car?

quote:

In my job , I go out of town a lot , lots of hotels , and camp work. Sometimes I drive my own vehicle if I’m at a hotel , gives me more freedom after shift, not having to wait for a crew truck. My last job I was going on , I was taking my car , my coworkertegie was going to travel with me. However he told my supervisor that he has anxiety when he’s a passenger in vehicle , and needs to drive. My boss told me that Trevor was going to drive. I said no , it’s my truck , and only I drive it. He argued and threatened to write me up for insubordination, I pretty much laughed at that , because he can’t write me up for not letting someone else use my personal property. The company doesn’t pay for my fuel, mileage or upkeep. It turned into a screaming match and so I said screw it , I’m not driving anyone else but me. I said either I drive my truck or it doesn’t go at all. I was then told to either let Trevor drive or go home, so I chose to go home. I told Trevor to take all his gear from my truck, and my supervisor said” no , you are going home , we are still using the truck”
I gave him one more chance to take his stuff from my truck , again he refused. I tried to take his gear out of the truck and he started to scream at me for touching his stuff, so I left the shop , with all his stuff , drove to his house, and got his wife to come get it , and went home.

What the gently caress did I just read. How loving insane is that shop?

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Hughlander posted:

The only way that could make any sense at all is if by "his" truck, it is actually the company truck assigned to him and therefore he considered it "his". Some guys do take it that far but I think in this case the Supervisor is just tapped in the head and is confused over who owns the vehicle.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hughlander posted:

What :psyduck:

That "company" has gotta just be a shop with like five people, right? I can't imagine any sort of structured business just being like "go home. Also leave your vehicle, we're using it now"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"coworkertegie"?