Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

My opinion for NMS on Switch depends on the price. It's a nice little abnegation game that on Steam still has the $60 price point (currently on sale for 30). I simply can't recommend it to people for that much.

Unlike at launch it's an actual game now, but a shallow one. Great if it's your jam, but IMO it needs a "let's give it a try" price of 20-30 dollars with opportunities for sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Into the Breach is getting an update. New pilots, missions, new just about everything. Also a physical copy will be out in October.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Does NMS have a first person camera or are you stuck with the clunky looking third person thing from the video?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Waffle! posted:

Into the Breach is getting an update. New pilots, missions, new just about everything. Also a physical copy will be out in October.

I'm such a mark for these things.

*preordered*

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Waffle! posted:

Sick! This game has been on my wishlist forever, definite October pickup for me

E: oh jk the update itself is in July, even better

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Does NMS have a first person camera or are you stuck with the clunky looking third person thing from the video?

Just third person, I think.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Waffle! posted:

Five new mech squads. Not five new mechs, five new squads. And fourty new weapons.

I'd have paid full price all over again for this as a dlc, and it's free.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143

Waffle! posted:

I did not expect this and just realized how much I've always wanted it. Into the Breach is very, very good.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
Into the Breach is hilariously underpriced. Everyone should own it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Into the Breach is basically a puzzle game disguised as a tactics game, but it's a really loving good puzzle game and already has a lot of various things to shake the gameplay up, even before the free update adds a ton more stuff next month. Definitely worth a look if you're interested.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

How in the world are they justifying continuing to develop a game that old?

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Holy poo poo the into the breach mod scene is gonna go nuts. There's already like twenty new squads, people are gonna go crazy for this.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Bruceski posted:

Just third person, I think.

No, NMS has first and third person for all parts of it.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Waffle! posted:

That's cool, haven't got it on Switch because I already had it on PC due to a Humble Bundle, but this might motiviate me to get it since I don't think I'd get the update. Good job marketing

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

And while I know this isn't quite the thread for it, ItB is getting an Android (and iOS) port, too!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Mokinokaro posted:

No, NMS has first and third person for all parts of it.

yeah, this question threw me for a loop, as I only use third-person for screenshots, sometimes

it took me a couple seconds before I remembered that yes, third-person is an option :v:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Fitzy Fitz posted:

How in the world are they justifying continuing to develop a game that old?

To push the new physical copy I’m guessing

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

hatty posted:

To push the new physical copy I’m guessing

And it probably still sells well. It came out less than 2 years ago on Switch.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Libluini posted:

yeah, this question threw me for a loop, as I only use third-person for screenshots, sometimes

it took me a couple seconds before I remembered that yes, third-person is an option :v:

Huh, I guess it just fell into my blindspot quickly. I remembered there being a way to switch first/third in the ship but thought outside was only third. Thanks for correcting me.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

And it probably still sells well. It came out less than 2 years ago on Switch.

It was over four years ago!

I guess it's not out of line with how many games get additional content now. But I always thought they missed an opportunity to release even more content for FTL.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It was over four years ago!

I guess it's not out of line with how many games get additional content now. But I always thought they missed an opportunity to release even more content for FTL.

Speaking of FTL, wasn't the Advanced Edition out much later after the initial release?

I still hate that it's not on Android.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Bruceski posted:

Huh, I guess it just fell into my blindspot quickly. I remembered there being a way to switch first/third in the ship but thought outside was only third. Thanks for correcting me.

Funny enough, it was first person only for all sections at launch. IIRC 3rd person came with the big MP update.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Speaking of FTL, wasn't the Advanced Edition out much later after the initial release?

I still hate that it's not on Android.
September 14, 2012 -> April 3, 2014.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Into the breach is way better than ftl anyway. Gonna download the new content and play the poo poo out of it, then buy the physical.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I know it's not that simple and all but I still wish, even if they don't flat-out make a Switch version of FTL, they'd at least figure out how to make it work with a controller so I could play it on my modded Switch.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Mods? On my Nintendo SWITCH?

MODS?!! :argh:

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

modding ur switch is cool and everyone should do it if they can. It's easy.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Have they cracked the oled yet? Limitless virtual console would be dope. Then again, those standalone retro handhelds are getting better and better every year and you can get some really baller ones for like $140 these days

Some even have touch screen support for superior DS emulation compared to on a switch

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'm a mod so I'm allowed to mod.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

KingSlime posted:

Have they cracked the oled yet? Limitless virtual console would be dope. Then again, those standalone retro handhelds are getting better and better every year and you can get some really baller ones for like $140 these days

Some even have touch screen support for superior DS emulation compared to on a switch

I think it's still limited to the launch-era Switches with the Nvidia vulnerability thing. I bought my initial Switch at launch and later bought an OLED, so I hacked my launch Switch and put Android on it so I could stream games on it. Steam Link works well enough for my purposes, it'll work nicely until I eventually get a Steam Deck hopefully later this year, and then I dunno what I'll do with my launch Switch, maybe give it to my sister or something.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Mega64 posted:

I know it's not that simple and all but I still wish, even if they don't flat-out make a Switch version of FTL, they'd at least figure out how to make it work with a controller so I could play it on my modded Switch.

Isn't Crying Suns kind of like FTL?

I've not played either I just remember it being bandied about

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Maybe they can release more physical copies of Xenoblade Chronicles 2!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

External Organs posted:

Isn't Crying Suns kind of like FTL?

I've not played either I just remember it being bandied about

They're not much alike at all, but Crying Suns is still quite good.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1539957401176113155?t=k4-0NElcw2mWYtCK0UmciQ&s=19

Doom 2016 and Monster Hunter Rise play beautifully on the Switch, and so far, this looks like it's received the same level of attention to optimization.

The last time he said his game was :swoon: he was full of poo poo, and now he's doing it on a console with a maybe a third of the power. I'll wait for the DF analysis.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 23, 2022

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

The last time he said his game was :swoon: he was full of poo poo, and now he's doing it on a console with a maybe a third of the power. I'll wait for the DF analysis.

It can't be any worse than Outer Worlds in Switch, so I can't wait to buy another copy!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Why is no one talking about Sonic Origins? Is there a thread?

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

All that I heard was that Sonic 3's new music was letdown over the license stuff.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It's four old games people already played bunch?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Mega64 posted:

I think it's still limited to the launch-era Switches with the Nvidia vulnerability thing. I bought my initial Switch at launch and later bought an OLED, so I hacked my launch Switch and put Android on it so I could stream games on it. Steam Link works well enough for my purposes, it'll work nicely until I eventually get a Steam Deck hopefully later this year, and then I dunno what I'll do with my launch Switch, maybe give it to my sister or something.

Ah makes sense! drat I was trying to be financially responsible and sold my launch unit to pay for my revised model but I definitely regret not holding on to it! I hadn't even thought about streaming games. Honestly that sounds awesome

I'm hoping to get a steam deck whenever you can just buy one that isn't $999.99 on ebay! My friend got an early pre-order in and he' still waiting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

An Actual Princess posted:

modding ur switch is cool and everyone should do it if they can. It's easy.

sounds like some nerd poo poo OP. maybe you could buy a PC???