Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which episode changed his mind?
S2E01
S2E02
S2E03
S2E04
S2E05
S2E06
S2E07
S2E08
S2E09
S2E10
S2EGoku
View Results

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Oh poo poo I didn't realize it came back TOMORROW. I've been doing a slow rewatch and just finished season one again. Guess I get to binge season two my day off tomorrow and then dive right in to three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Ah jeez they're dumping the whole thing at once, this thread is gonna be classified FBI documents for days

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

pik_d posted:

Ah jeez they're dumping the whole thing at once, this thread is gonna be classified FBI documents for days

Yeah, I just saw that Netflix is still doing this model. That sucks. Nice to meet you guys. See you in a while.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, I just saw that Netflix is still doing this model. That sucks. Nice to meet you guys. See you in a while.

I'm pretty sure Netflix announced recently that they have no plans to deviate from this model - that said - shareholders are starting to complain about it. Netflix also said for years that they'd never allow advertising, and they're doing just that now. So, wait and see.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah I still haven't watched the Stranger Things episodes that dropped a few weeks back because it's something like 9 hours of media and that's a bit daunting, and also since it dropped all at once no one is talking about it anymore. Literally the only thing that's been spoiled for me is that episode 4 is a banger.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Where is it?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Tomorrowish is my best guess

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
It is tomorrow, well, where I live.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

pik_d posted:

I mean, one big dump is a great system as long as you're someone who has no friends or anywhere to talk about what you're watching.

But for those of us who are slightly* less pathetic shut-ins, a weekly schedule is so much better.

* very slightly. We have these dead gay forums.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I mean, one big dump is a great system as long as you're someone who has no friends or anywhere to talk about what you're watching.

But for those of us who are slightly* less pathetic shut-ins, a weekly schedule is so much better.

* very slightly. We have these dead gay forums.

If you've family to watch the shows with, the all at once model is great. Especially if you've got a million different shows to watch and a short attention span. That way you don't move on to something else while waiting and not get back to it for months.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I’m three episodes in and I’m already much happier with it than last season. Mainly I’m glad that they the cast isn’t being separated into a bunch of disparate plot lines. (Fairly light spoilers) They handled Viktor’s transition really well – not making it a “very special event” but also not totally blowing it over. Everyone supports it and they get right back to the plot.

I do think the Sparrow Academy are too immediately hostile and we are given very little reason behind their motivations (well, mainly Ben) for being colossal dicks. The two Academies are just enemies for plot reasons when they could just talk to each other a little bit. Hoping to see a team up before the end of the season, but this show is wildly unpredictable.

Anyway, definitely an improvement overall. The show will never recover from the loss of Hazel as a character, but at least it’s telling a more cohesive story than season two.

MokBa fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 23, 2022

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wait, there were people who liked season 1 but disliked season 2? Did they all hit their heads as children?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also good premiere but those cowards should have made the dance-off actually what happened

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

Wait, there were people who liked season 1 but disliked season 2? Did they all hit their heads as children?

I didn’t dislike season 2 but I liked 1 better. And yes I hit my head plenty but I don’t see how that’s revelant.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

Also good premiere but those cowards should have made the dance-off actually what happened

I was like “oh we’re leaning hard into the stupid and I love it” and then was immediately disappointed.

Christopher got moves, though.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

MokBa posted:

I didn’t dislike season 2 but I liked 1 better. And yes I hit my head plenty but I don’t see how that’s revelant.

This is where I'm at. I wouldn't say I disliked season 2 at all, lots of fun, but I didn't like it as much as 1. My favorite part of the show is the chemistry between the siblings, and season 2 had them mostly in different places (I assume this was COVID related? But I have no idea). By the end, it fixed this, though.

One episode into season 3, and the Footloose dance scene was amazing. I figured it was a dream sequence of some kind, but I just enjoyed the ride.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Enjoying the show, about 5 eps into the new season

i'd forgotten how loving much this family doesn't talk to or listen to each other.

but yeah dance scene was loving awesome

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I feel like Luthor needs to be immediately concussed at the start of every season to explain his baffling and increasing levels of dumbass.

Bussamove fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jun 23, 2022

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Ha a great new reveal about Klaus (spoilers for this AND Misfits) is that it turns out he has the same power in both shows. Wonder how many people will notice.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was funny how (ep1) Reginald knew exactly what was going on, he just didn't feel like telling anyone.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

It was funny how (ep1) Reginald knew exactly what was going on, he just didn't feel like telling anyone.

Hahaha yeah I laughed real hard at this

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

MokBa posted:

Ha a great new reveal about Klaus (spoilers for this AND Misfits) is that it turns out he has the same power in both shows. Wonder how many people will notice.

Wow I never connected they were the same actor but now that I have it's so god drat obvious.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

MokBa posted:

I noticed.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
This whole season has been a Genesis Rodriguez (Sloane) appreciation watch for me TBH.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Fei Hargreeves is GOAT. Flash, sass and very witchy indeed.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Sloth Life posted:

Fei Hargreeves is GOAT. Flash, sass and very witchy indeed.

Fei is my favorite new character this season.

You know she practiced all those poses in a mirror with her birds at every angle to make sure she looked badass while doing them.

Meanwhile NuBen is just the worst.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
Just starting ep 3 and new season whips rear end, I forgot how much I enjoyed this show and Aiden Gallagher, who plays five, and Robert Sheehan as Klaus are actors I think I could watch in whatever they do, forever, and be pretty happy with it.

I am also loving in love with the Diego plotline they've set up for this season, and without question never would have expected something like that, but in retrospect it just the perfect way to continue developing his character. The ep 2 scene between the pair and Alphonso in the drug store is a highlight so far--especially since I get to add another show to the list of shows willing to put very hot people in extremely un-hot prosthetics.

I'm also really happy with how they handled Viktor's transition so far, and can't really express just yet how personally validating it is to see it handled in the first place, let alone with care and respect.

His coming out scene really stuck out to me in a way that might not have been obvious for people who aren't Trans, too, that I wanted to highlight. The hesitation from his family in the moment, at first, as they clearly don't quite understand what he's saying right away, then how it slowly sinks in and leads to them all giving accepting, if simple acknowledgement.

Then we get the more overtly emotional and emotionally honest scene with Allison that kind of brings it all together and makes the most sense given how we saw in season 1 how close the two have been compared to the others. Allison saying she feels like an rear end in a top hat and Viktor saying she couldn't have been expected to know since he didn't really understand it himself until now.

And while they are still bad at communicating, Allison insisting that Viktor doesn't go alone expecting resistance only for him to say "You're crazy if you think I don't want you there" was stellar. So good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Big laughs at episode 3 when Diego was channeling Mac from Always Sunny. I was waiting for him to talk about doing ocular pat downs.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Bussamove posted:

Fei is my favorite new character this season.

You know she practiced all those poses in a mirror with her birds at every angle to make sure she looked badass while doing them.

Oh without a doubt. She has a presence, for sure. Whether she's on the attack, or just sitting in a chair, your eyes are just drawn to her.

Sab Sabbington posted:

I'm also really happy with how they handled Viktor's transition so far, and can't really express just yet how personally validating it is to see it handled in the first place, let alone with care and respect.

His coming out scene really stuck out to me in a way that might not have been obvious for people who aren't Trans, too, that I wanted to highlight. The hesitation from his family in the moment, at first, as they clearly don't quite understand what he's saying right away, then how it slowly sinks in and leads to them all giving accepting, if simple acknowledgement.

Then we get the more overtly emotional and emotionally honest scene with Allison that kind of brings it all together and makes the most sense given how we saw in season 1 how close the two have been compared to the others. Allison saying she feels like an rear end in a top hat and Viktor saying she couldn't have been expected to know since he didn't really understand it himself until now.

And while they are still bad at communicating, Allison insisting that Viktor doesn't go alone expecting resistance only for him to say "You're crazy if you think I don't want you there" was stellar. So good.

I agree with all of this, too. It was handled extremely well. I also love the conversation with Viktor, Diego, and Luthor about it. "You feel loved? (Genuine smile) Good, now can we get back to saving the world?" All while Luthor is there being the dumb, well meaning idiot.

If anyone hasn't seen it yet, Elliot Page gave a great interview recently on Seth Meyers where he talked about this season, and how the writers approached this topic. I won't say anything else and will just let him speak for himself, but it's great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeqCUW4v0JI

Absolutely loving this season, so far. If they get it over the finish line properly, it'll probably be my favorite season. yet.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 23, 2022

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah this is definitely shaping up to be the best season so far but we’ll see how the mid-season bloat is

My only real issue with the show so far is Sloane. Good actress but the character is really thin and basically just “super in love and emotional” in a way that kind of approaches misogyny. Hopefully there’s more to her character that improves things.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Sparrow Team: From the trailer, I thought they were going to be that universe's good guys, like the "main characters" of that universe. So I was disappointed they were a less intense version of the team from The Boys; assholes only concerned with their public image. They were very well-written for the most part.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

That opening to Episode 9 was big pandemic spiral mood.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Finished the season. Which is crazy fast for me, but it was a slow week at work, and Kenobi finale left a bad taste in my mouth, so I wanted to watch something I actually enjoyed. Which I did! Loved the season! I have some questions about the finale, though. Which may go unanswered, until people get there.

Huge, massive finale spoilers: The end of the finale felt rushed, to me. Like they started the machine, or whatever, and just said, "Get it running!" "What does it do?" "No time!" And just did it, there was a quick end scene, and then done. So did the machine, like, restart the universe? I know Reggie said it was put in place by whoever created the universe, so I guess it's a "turn it off and on again" button? But you get to make some changes? I guess we're supposed to assume that this was Reggie's plan all along, since he built the hotel back in 1918. So did he also somehow create the children to do this? He probably should have gotten more than 7, then, so he'd have some backups, since he needed exactly 7 to run the machine. But then, he didn't need to kill them, since Allison ran the machine without killing them? That part confuses me.

But I guess he restarted the universe while bringing his wife/partner back and making himself even more powerful. And also granting Allison what she wished. And removed the team's powers, because he doesn't need them anymore. Okay, fair enough. And then a mid-credit scene of Ben riding the subway he was born on for...reasons. Closure, I guess, but it's not like he had much conflict with his past. So is that a wrap on the show? It certainly could be. There are a few loose ends, like where is Sloane. And what does everyone do now. And Reggie won, if everything I just laid out is true. But if the show isn't brought back, it's not a massive cliffhanger like season 2 was.

edit: Oh, also, there's the loose end of why did Old Man Five tell Young Five to let the world end? Presumably because he knew it would let Reggie win. But is that worse that letting literally everything ever end? And I have to think he had his powers back, as an old man in this world where the world didn't end? (And I've gone cross-eyed.) There's a story there, one would assume.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 24, 2022

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

Finished the season. Which is crazy fast for me, but it was a slow week at work, and Kenobi finale left a bad taste in my mouth, so I wanted to watch something I actually enjoyed. Which I did! Loved the season! I have some questions about the finale, though. Which may go unanswered, until people get there.

Huge, massive finale spoilers: The end of the finale felt rushed, to me. Like they started the machine, or whatever, and just said, "Get it running!" "What does it do?" "No time!" And just did it, there was a quick end scene, and then done. So did the machine, like, restart the universe? I know Reggie said it was put in place by whoever created the universe, so I guess it's a "turn it off and on again" button? But you get to make some changes? I guess we're supposed to assume that this was Reggie's plan all along, since he built the hotel back in 1918. So did he also somehow create the children to do this? He probably should have gotten more than 7, then, so he'd have some backups, since he needed exactly 7 to run the machine. But then, he didn't need to kill them, since Allison ran the machine without killing them? That part confuses me.

But I guess he restarted the universe while bringing his wife/partner back and making himself even more powerful. And also granting Allison what she wished. And removed the team's powers, because he doesn't need them anymore. Okay, fair enough. And then a mid-credit scene of Ben riding the subway he was born on for...reasons. Closure, I guess, but it's not like he had much conflict with his past. So is that a wrap on the show? It certainly could be. There are a few loose ends, like where is Sloane. And what does everyone do now. And Reggie won, if everything I just laid out is true. But if the show isn't brought back, it's not a massive cliffhanger like season 2 was.

edit: Oh, also, there's the loose end of why did Old Man Five tell Young Five to let the world end? Presumably because he knew it would let Reggie win. But is that worse that letting literally everything ever end? And I have to think he had his powers back, as an old man in this world where the world didn't end? (And I've gone cross-eyed.) There's a story there, one would assume.

I have to imagine that the mid-credit scene is there to establish that there's at least one crack in the "perfect" (from Reggie's view, anyway) fascade of the new universe, which opens the door to all of the machinery becoming unraveled again. At the very least we know that things will get weird if the two Bens end up in proximity to each other.

Season 4 didn't get a pre-release renewal, but Season 3 seems to be doing okay - it managed to bump Stranger Things out of Netflix's number 1 spot. I'm guessing they have one last season in the tank (I doubt even they expect to get 5) if Netflix does decide to renew it for one more go but who knows with how that place is these days.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Finished the season and honestly it’s my favorite one yet.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Season 3 ep5 My god! It's him again!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Pogo? I will never get tired of Pogo.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

haha i missed the gleek power at first and thought it was real at least until they started dancing back, then i rewound to see if i missed something like are they in dance universe lol

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Is there a reason that all the cars are right hand drive other than "alternate timeline everything is different"

Don't know if that needs to be spoilered but doing it just in case

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I wondered the same thing but I think it’s just that Hotel Obsidian has a fleet of old Toyota Centuries