Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gologle posted:

Did the webcomic ever show Blast fighting?

The webcomic hasn't even shown Blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Gologle posted:

Did the webcomic ever show Blast fighting?

i dont recall the webcomic ever having blast actually in a panel at all

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Blast in the webcomic technically showed up for a panel in Tatsumaki's flashback, but not in the present day yeah.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

now that is a god drat cliffhanger. Jesus Christ.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
those last few pages :tviv:

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
My God. ONE is so good at getting the reader to think that maybe, this time, Saitama will have trouble with a fight!

It gets me every time!

Also, I now think that Blast is going to be how someone takes credit for everything Saitama is about to do

Bucswabe fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 23, 2022

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Bucswabe posted:

My God. ONE is so good at getting the reader to think that maybe, this time, Saitama will have trouble with a fight!

It gets me every time!

Also, I now think that Blast is going to be how someone takes credit for everything Saitama is about to do
Well, everybody else IS unconscious dying from radiation poisoning.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Well that sure was a chapter...

Finally seeing what Blast can do is kind of cool. He seems like a pretty "smart" fighter, as well: throwing that blast knowing that Garou would jump to avoid it and portal'ing him into a punch. The fact that Blast can keep up with Garou at all is pretty impressive. Strangely, even after Garou copied his gravity punch, Blast didn't seem all that concerned. He didn't show any emotion at all until the final panel. He would have bodied pre-God Garou and probably Boros, too.

Will the next chapter be epic? Yes. Is Saitama having an existential crisis? No. But we're being led to believe that. I'm getting Carnage Kabuto vibes from his inner monologue: it's going to be a fantastic gag when he just blows through Garou.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Broke: It looks like they're ending the manga, because Saitama's having a good fight.

Woke: It looks like they're ending the manga, because Saitama's having feelings again.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
holyshit

H.P. Grenade
Oct 21, 2003

Smooth.
Holy poo poo. This is worth the table.

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

scary ghost dog posted:

need the next chapter asap please.

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

FooF posted:

Will the next chapter be epic? Yes. Is Saitama having an existential crisis? No. But we're being led to believe that. I'm getting Carnage Kabuto vibes from his inner monologue: it's going to be a fantastic gag when he just blows through Garou.

I don't think there's going to be a Carnage Kabuto-style reveal about Saitama's thoughts here. He's not doubting whether he's strong enough to beat Garou; he is, and we know it, and he knows it. He's doubting whether he's actually a good hero. This has been foreshadowed with all the property damage he causes, all the times he's been late, and most obviously in the speech King gave him about what a hero is.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Garou straight up acknowledges that Saitama wasn't fighting anywhere near all-out in their earlier encounter too, but makes the mistake of thinking that this gives him the chance to perfect Saitama's techniques and reach his level, as opposed to Saitama still being an infinity beyond him.

It's awesome, but we better get table-sit again by the end of this :mad:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
we get another table sit but instead of garou it's god saitama is sitting

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Genos has had a horrible accident at the fireworks factory.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Garou straight up acknowledges that Saitama wasn't fighting anywhere near all-out in their earlier encounter too, but makes the mistake of thinking that this gives him the chance to perfect Saitama's techniques and reach his level, as opposed to Saitama still being an infinity beyond him.

It's awesome, but we better get table-sit again by the end of this :mad:

:allears: I love that Garou is like "That dude still wasn't trying! I need to copy his moves!"
While at the same time Saitama's moves are literally just throw a punch but try a little harder.
No special technique or anything.
Hell, Garou himself pointed out that his entire style was full of holes and sloppyness but his sheer speed and strength made up for it.
It's like Genos going from Ninja run to high knee style running because he saw Saitama do it.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Genos, my boy :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Genos being broken/dead again is zzz

Everything else is cool.
Entirely different to the original at this point, which is neat.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I love the panel where King, in his last moments of lucidity, took his shirt off and placed it over Tatsumaki and Fubuki to try and protect them from the rain and radiation. It may be an action purely in vain, but King really does have the soul of a hero.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

amigolupus posted:

I love the panel where King, in his last moments of lucidity, took his shirt off and placed it over Tatsumaki and Fubuki to try and protect them from the rain and radiation. It may be an action purely in vain, but King really does have the soul of a hero.

oh poo poo i didn't pick up on that the first read through. king rules

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Genos being broken/dead again is zzz

Everything else is cool.
Entirely different to the original at this point, which is neat.

Yeah this feels more like actual dead dead. Unless they do an asspull of the doc having a backup of Genos. Cause he still had his human brain in him didn't he? Needed that power core to live.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I don't think any of the dead characters are gonna stay dead

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Casey Finnigan posted:

I don't think any of the dead characters are gonna stay dead

I agree. I see a reset button incoming.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
I think Genos coming back now would feel like an asspull however they frame it. The tone's gotten too serious for jokes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Factory Reset Genos has to read his detailed notes to catch up on the very important last 5 months of his life that he's missing

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm not the biggest fan of Genos anyway, so him being for real dead isn't a big upset for me, but if he is, I think the lol new body needed again so often takes the impact away from me and if he's not it's like, yeah, okay, we knew this, it's a running joke.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Is it raining blood?

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
I read it's a phenomenon that rain can turn black when there's heavy radiation. It happened during the Fukushima disaster.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
The rain is full of dust and ash.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
You'd think Zombieman would be fine with the radiation. He should be able to regenerate faster than it damages him. Not that he'd be much help here, but still.

And come on, Atomic Samurai, just chop those free radicals down before they get to you and your friends.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Devils Affricate posted:

You'd think Zombieman would be fine with the radiation. He should be able to regenerate faster than it damages him. Not that he'd be much help here, but still.

And come on, Atomic Samurai, just chop those free radicals down before they get to you and your friends.

Ionizing radiation may well be zombiemans weakness, if his regeneration is genetically based. Ionizing radiation essentially destroys your DNA, and by extension, a normal real lifeforms ability to generate new cells. It's also why even at lethal doses it doesn't kill or even disable immediately.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

You could say that the Atomic Samurai has... *puts on shades* split one too many atoms.

Edit: I shall edit this post the better joke I think up.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jun 23, 2022

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Mr. Lobe posted:

Ionizing radiation may well be zombiemans weakness, if his regeneration is genetically based. Ionizing radiation essentially destroys your DNA, and by extension, a normal real lifeforms ability to generate new cells. It's also why even at lethal doses it doesn't kill or even disable immediately.

Didn't Zombieman basically get reduced down to a burnt skeleton fighting Homeless Emperor, only to still manage to revive? Pretty sure being reduced to an immolated pile of bones destroys your DNA too. I think his power is basically: once the damage stops he'll just magically start to reform, the greater the level of destruction the longer it'll take though.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Crain posted:

Didn't Zombieman basically get reduced down to a burnt skeleton fighting Homeless Emperor, only to still manage to revive? Pretty sure being reduced to an immolated pile of bones destroys your DNA too. I think his power is basically: once the damage stops he'll just magically start to reform, the greater the level of destruction the longer it'll take though.

Most likely ONE hasn't really invested serious thought into the plausibility of zombiemans regeneration. I mean, it's comic book powers. Probably best not to analyze it too deep.

Still, I could believe ONE would also decide radiation somehow is effective.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

Most likely ONE hasn't really invested serious thought into the plausibility of zombiemans regeneration. I mean, it's comic book powers. Probably best not to analyze it too deep.

Still, I could believe ONE would also decide radiation somehow is effective.

It works like every other bog-standard* comic book regeneration power. He heals when he's not being damaged. You can put swords in him and his body won't push them out of him but as soon as they're out the wound heals.

*Excluding the higher tier ones where body parts climb back onto people or they're nigh-immortal like Hulk, Deadpool, Superman, Wolverine, etc.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jun 23, 2022

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

It works like every other bog-standard* comic book regeneration power. He heals when he's not being damaged. You can put swords in him and his body won't push them out of him but as soon as they're out the wound heals.

*Excluding the higher tier ones where body parts climb back onto people or they're nigh-immortal like Hulk, Deadpool, Superman, Wolverine, etc.

Yeah, I was thinking of Wolverine-style regeneration where it's actively happening even as the damage is being inflicted, but I guess we've never actually seen Zombieman do that? He just kinda lies on the floor until the regen kicks in. I guess he'll eventually be fine after this incident as well, assuming the earth still exists.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Devils Affricate posted:

Yeah, I was thinking of Wolverine-style regeneration where it's actively happening even as the damage is being inflicted, but I guess we've never actually seen Zombieman do that? He just kinda lies on the floor until the regen kicks in. I guess he'll eventually be fine after this incident as well, assuming the earth still exists.

Oh wait, better example; Vandal Savage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3h6bveFSEI

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
Saitama has his heart, he's fine.

also holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Prediction: Saitama's gonna get punched but Garou won't. Saitama could never think to dodge an attack, but Garou is a martial artist.