Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Waffleman_ posted:

Looks like a cop, no bueno.

the titans are basically the ss so and it's a titans test suit so yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

when will the cowards add the ball

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I agree, add Rude Haro from 00.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Varinn posted:

when will the cowards add the ball

They were too afraid of their strength in Gundam Maxiboost, they're too afraid now

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Honestly after playing OW2 I really miss Gundam Evo more :shobon: The movement system in Evo feels really really good.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
Interesting statistics from what the players went for.

The units that got the most "I didn't play it" responses were Exia, Asshimar, Marasai, GM, and Turn A, in that order.

The units that got the fewest "I didn't play it" responses were Pale Rider, Sazabi, Gundam, and Zaku II.

Pale Rider and Sazabi tied for the most "Very Good" ratings (with a fair margin over the other mechs). Pale Rider also had the most "Good" ratings, and by far the least "Bad" or "Very Bad" ratings. I'm a bit surprised to see it so well-received.

Turn A got by far the fewest Good and Very Good ratings, and by far the most "Bad" and "Very Bad" ratings. Marasai and Exia were the runners-up for the least-liked suits, while Barbatos was the runner-up for the most-hated.

The only suits that got more "Very Good" than "Good" ratings were Sazabi and Barbatos. The only suit that got more "Very Bad" than "Bad" ratings was Barbatos. As you might expect, Barbatos also got the fewest "Average" ratings by a huge margin - opinion was very, very polarized there. People either loved it or hated it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Technically everyone played Pale Rider once because it was the tutorial suit

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I assume that 100% of players were satisified with the dom

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Barbatos has that issue where if you’re good and know how to play it you become able to drastically impact the entire match to a pretty uneven level, whereas if you aren’t really good you basically just get caught and die without accomplishing anything. Not too surprised it’s got the highest polarized responses. DOM Trooper was fun though I wish the laser wasn’t so pidly tiny :colbert:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Vizuyos posted:

Interesting statistics from what the players went for.

The units that got the most "I didn't play it" responses were Exia, Asshimar, Marasai, GM, and Turn A, in that order.

The units that got the fewest "I didn't play it" responses were Pale Rider, Sazabi, Gundam, and Zaku II.

Pale Rider and Sazabi tied for the most "Very Good" ratings (with a fair margin over the other mechs). Pale Rider also had the most "Good" ratings, and by far the least "Bad" or "Very Bad" ratings. I'm a bit surprised to see it so well-received.

Turn A got by far the fewest Good and Very Good ratings, and by far the most "Bad" and "Very Bad" ratings. Marasai and Exia were the runners-up for the least-liked suits, while Barbatos was the runner-up for the most-hated.

The only suits that got more "Very Good" than "Good" ratings were Sazabi and Barbatos. The only suit that got more "Very Bad" than "Bad" ratings was Barbatos. As you might expect, Barbatos also got the fewest "Average" ratings by a huge margin - opinion was very, very polarized there. People either loved it or hated it.

Methuss: The Averagest Suit

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Pale Rider with his machine gun feels the most regular shooty. What I mean by that is he probably feels the simplest to understand and play, so people probably dig him in the survey.

I mained Pale Rider and I thought it was fine. No game changer but no slouch either.

Kitfox88 posted:

Barbatos has that issue where if you’re good and know how to play it you become able to drastically impact the entire match to a pretty uneven level, whereas if you aren’t really good you basically just get caught and die without accomplishing anything. Not too surprised it’s got the highest polarized responses. DOM Trooper was fun though I wish the laser wasn’t so pidly tiny :colbert:

They also mentioned in the blog post that a lot of Barbatos players basically only played Barbatos, so they got really good at it too I guess.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Revitalized posted:

Pale Rider with his machine gun feels the most regular shooty. What I mean by that is he probably feels the simplest to understand and play, so people probably dig him in the survey.

I mained Pale Rider and I thought it was fine. No game changer but no slouch either.

They also mentioned in the blog post that a lot of Barbatos players basically only played Barbatos, so they got really good at it too I guess.

Pale Rider's placing doesn't surprise me either because it's probably the most average "team shooter" character design. You have a machine gun that gets more accurate with aiming, a grenade, a healing placemat, and an ultimate that just buffs your stats for the duration.

It's a simple, easy to use kit that doesn't excel in every situation but also doesn't outright suck either. You'll always be able to contribute something to your team.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Methuss: The Averagest Suit

it does what its supposed to do

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, Pale Rider was rhe tutorial suit for a reason. He's S:76.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Feel like Pale Rider's EMP nade could use a buff, always felt pretty ineffectual. I didn't get a lot of playtime with it though because I didn't really ever want to play PR and it was usually picked by someone on the team

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chillgamesh posted:

Feel like Pale Rider's EMP nade could use a buff, always felt pretty ineffectual.

Yeah I think most people would agree. It was hard to use and when you finally did connect with it, it wasn't really something you needed. I think the EMP ability needs a rework of sorts. Maybe an actual throw instead of just lobbing it at your feet?

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Revitalized posted:

Yeah I think most people would agree. It was hard to use and when you finally did connect with it, it wasn't really something you needed. I think the EMP ability needs a rework of sorts. Maybe an actual throw instead of just lobbing it at your feet?

I think it's good to keep the range low so that it's used as a defensive disable to protect yourself as a midrange suit or control a choke against short range guys to protect your team instead of turning it into an offensive CC that you can bean people from across the map with so you can jump them.

One of the huge strengths of this game that made it immediately better than OW is that there isn't an obnoxious pile of CC that can be almost immediately put anywhere within line of sight.

Biggest use of the EMP and turn A's throw was to gently caress with the brawler and short range suits.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I wanna play again.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Commoners posted:

I think it's good to keep the range low so that it's used as a defensive disable to protect yourself as a midrange suit or control a choke against short range guys to protect your team instead of turning it into an offensive CC that you can bean people from across the map with so you can jump them.

One of the huge strengths of this game that made it immediately better than OW is that there isn't an obnoxious pile of CC that can be almost immediately put anywhere within line of sight.

Biggest use of the EMP and turn A's throw was to gently caress with the brawler and short range suits.

Good point, I suppose it's fine in that sense. EMP still feels kinda wimpy though.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/1527336235957510151

May 26th they might talk about Gundam Evolution again...

I wanna play more, I want my gundam fix (also I hope they announce G Gen Eternal)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/gundamevolution/status/1528784439555149824?s=20&t=-G0BRakaaP-V6JuysycyoA

Please

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Console test is June 23-28, applications are now until the 12th.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://www.bandainamcoent.com/landing/gundam-evolution-console-network-test

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The console test invites are out

God help me I'm in again

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LORD I'M BACK IN IT

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I know that the build here has the exact same balance as the PC test, but I'm curious to see how much the play experience will differ by just player adaptation. Will we see more Turn As and Marasais now that we know that they're intended as melee counters, regardless of their actual efficacy?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TEST IS LIVE

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lmao these controls suck rear end. PC version for sure

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol a sazabi ran into a wall, missed and got a triple kill

Game's a little buggy on ps4

E: there goes the sound. Pure static lol

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jun 24, 2022

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

RBA Starblade posted:

Lmao these controls suck rear end. PC version for sure

Much like battle ops 2, i got the jump and dash on the thumb stick clicks, to free up ability 1 and 2 for R1 and L1, works well enough.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
There was a Gundam VIP event at Anime Expo 2022 this past weekend, and Gundam Evolution had a booth there as well.

https://twitter.com/NewtypeSeiji/status/1544124183839481857

quote:

they will be announcing additional suits for the roster closer to the release date

:burger:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Depending on how late in the year it comes out, I could see them adding Aerial to cross-promote G-Witch

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/gundamevolution/status/1544547418796003329

Here's a better look at those 4 skins in the previous tweet I posted. Flames!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I want those skins. I want to play this game again. :negative:

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Gold Zaku II :chanpop:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr8YI9xaRNw

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Zyaku Chic-y

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://gundamevolution.com/nt/playreport_cs/

Console test survey results side by side with the PC survey results whenever applicable!

quote:

Getting steamrolled by a single Gundam Barbatos unit was not fun.

lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Big if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/gundamevolution/status/1565506774588739586?s=20&t=BWpVbIeDjiWerJ209NAQbQ

News soon?