Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

RareAcumen posted:

I remember something vague about robots that lacked that. They were supposed to build a room or spaceship or something but they outlasted humanity and never got told to stop so there was just a house the size of Jupiter or a galaxy or something. Wish I knew if I made it up while loopy on cough medicine or not.

That's the entire plot of Blame! Killy's an android walking around in this...megastructure that's actually larger than the solar system trying to find an actual human that the AI system will recognize as one so he can shut it down. Machines have just been building and building for millennia because no one has told them to stop, and yeah there's one point where Killy reaches an empty chamber that matches Jupiter in diameter and presumably used to contain Jupiter until it was scrapped for parts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Startled by the rampant narcissism of the sacrificial dude there

:hmmyes:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

e-dt posted:

Roast Beef Falls Down

A rare miss from Roast Beef. I want all of those versions.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I've read that one before but only just realized this evening that the Weird Al recording was not, in fact, made up as part of an extended bit. I feel like I've been missing out :(

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

CzarChasm posted:

It's important to make time for yourself, even if you have to schedule it.

I do not know why Agrias would want any of that after she is finally free.
She is a more broken person that Ronnie.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The benefits she gets each Christmas for putting up with Santa's brat are incentive enough

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've read that one before but only just realized this evening that the Weird Al recording was not, in fact, made up as part of an extended bit. I feel like I've been missing out :(

It seems like an Onstadian invention, I know. The specificity is what makes it believable.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Hygiene posted:

I feel the same way but for opposite reasons

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Lies, Sisters and Sisters
Page 28

Lies: 38
Sisters: 0
Wives: 3
Deaths: 0
Hats: 1 (+1)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I do love the rule of farces that every single wacky neighbour, friendly acquaintance and important professional figure the protagonist knows will choose exactly that day to knock on the door just as things are quieting down.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kit Walker posted:

That's the entire plot of Blame! Killy's an android walking around in this...megastructure that's actually larger than the solar system trying to find an actual human that the AI system will recognize as one so he can shut it down. Machines have just been building and building for millennia because no one has told them to stop, and yeah there's one point where Killy reaches an empty chamber that matches Jupiter in diameter and presumably used to contain Jupiter until it was scrapped for parts

You just shut off one of the alarms that's always going off in my head. Thank you.

I was totally convinced it was some sci-fi book, not a manga though.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
"I have a hat!" is up there for stupidest line ever to be a pronouncement of utter doom.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Concerned: The Half-Life and Death of Gordon Frohman

One of the things I realized early on is that doing a comic that followed the storyline of a linear game meant that I couldn't really backtrack. If I suddenly thought of a bunch of Ravenholm gags after I'd left Ravenholm, for instance, I couldn't just wander back there. But then, there's always flashbacks.

Frohman thinking his bicycle bell was a gauss gun was an idea I had for the beginning of the Bike Lane 17 chapter, but it's sort of a one panel joke so I just skipped it. Now that I'm finally jumping into the antlion posing nightmare, I thought I'd finally stick it in.

On my older, less-popular website, I once suggested that Mario, of the Super Mario Brothers, was in fact homosexual(link to notmydesk.com which no longer appears to have this blog entry). Not that there's anything wrong with that. It just makes sense.

Back to the antlions. It is a bit odd that they object so strenuously to you walking around on the sand, but don't seem to mind you walking on, for example, a piece of wood on the sand. But, who cares? It's another excuse to put the gravity gun to use, moving objects around. Can't complain.

Once again this is late going up, because my net connection keeps going out in the late evenings. Dunno what's up with that. Annoying, though.

No notes today, but if you've got a second (and you haven't already), why not take this brief surveysub](dead link)[/sub] to satisfy my curiousity about you. Yes, you!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Ten Earth Shattering Blows

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

the holy poopacy posted:

Ten Earth Shattering Blows

Depressingly believable for the aggro nutjob to nonsensically call a woman a slut the moment she rattles his confidence

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Apocalypse Johto—Battlefield Kanto Part 4: Silver Standard
Chapter 34: Power Surge

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

cant cook creole bream posted:

I do not know why Agrias would want any of that after she is finally free.
She is a more broken person that Ronnie.

Isn't Agrias literally a character from an anime? Maybe Ronnie (the spherical magic one, not the actual human cartoonist one) created her as an aspect of his subconscious manifested into reality like m guy. Maybe Agrias kind of literally needs Ronnie to be around our else she goes insane like the manifestations in solaris.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Those are some seriously ugly background gradients!

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Is he wincing or is he squinting? (to get a better look at that dickwinkle)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Tree Bucket posted:

Those are some seriously ugly background gradients!

I think the hardest part of making a Powerup Comics guest strip is getting the gradients ugly enough

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

RareAcumen posted:

You just shut off one of the alarms that's always going off in my head. Thank you.

I was totally convinced it was some sci-fi book, not a manga though.

Could be! I’m sure it’s not the only piece of media out there that’s used that concept

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Great time for that injury to be acting up

I really wish you said “yes,” Mikkel

“Come oh Kokko, Bird of Fire,
Copper-beaked and copper-taloned.
Come from yonder realm to this one,
Cross five tides, and cross six rapids.

Light to life a burning ember,
Lightning-flash a conflagration,
Fire brought by fire's master.”

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Imagine being some army grunt and suddenly that person shows up and everyone agrees that she's your new supreme commander.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
hell was full. I'm a chimp, wearing a suit, smoking a cigar

is that like fugazi?

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Squidster posted:

Qualia the Purple
Episode 05: 16-30 of 30

Qualia the Purple
Episode 06: 1-11 of 31

--Kill Count---
Serial killer: 1 x cop
Marii Yukari: 1 x serial killer ( arguably )

Squidster has a new favorite as of 22:57 on Jun 25, 2022

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl posted:

Steppe Into The Ring E01-U07

God, I'm so incredibly proud of this one.

Steppe Into The Ring E01-U08

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

is very good sense of movement in that page

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm honestly having too much fun, I've done 63 panels in the last week lol and most of them are bangers.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Me c. May 2020

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

this sequence would be great for an animated av

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

Montague Tigg posted:

That poo poo would drive me up the wall.

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

TIMGed: Language that could cause problems in the community

I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU (creamy guitar solo)

Read this comic while listening to There is a Place in Hell For Me and My Friends

I used to have a Celica with a license plate frame that said I was a woman

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]

Montague Tigg posted:

He redrew Agrias each panel. Look at the earing

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Sormus posted:

That poo poo would drive me up the wall.