Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Gee, I wonder what this tap labelled "the waters of the hate flood" opens. Oh. Oh.

Both French and Saunders
Dylan Moran, who I think is fantastic, would just say gently caress off to everyone and everything
Same but different with Stewart Lee, the best stand up in world history. Then again, since he is Stewart Lee it would be very different and who knows? Spiteful Lee spiting the audience who'd think he'd be bad at Taskmaster is a mood unchallenged
Michael McIntyre
David Walliams
Is Martin Freeman a comedian? He shouldn't be
Stephen Merchant

Ricky Gervais would be fun if it was revealed in studio to be only him in it. As a prank.

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Eddie Izzard is great, but I feel like I’d hate her on this.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Stephen Merchant would be a much better contestant than Gervais. On the other hand, Karl Pilkington I don't get. He'd either be genuinely useless and be the next Katherine 'Out of her depth' Parkinson, or he'd feel the need to play up to his clueless persona, and be worse than if he's authentically useless.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Michael McIntyre
David Walliams
Jason Manford
Ricky Gervais
Brendan O'Carrol

There, I don't think you could get worse than that. A whole bunch of comedians whose comedy was tired and painfully dated 15-25 years ago (or 50 years ago in the case of Mrs Browns Boys), and who still inexplicably get primetime BBC/ITV/Netflix shows.

(...I didn't add James Cordon because he's never coming back to the UK, you took him, America, we're not taking him back, nope, can't hear you telling me anything different...)

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I kind of want to see Milton Jones in a series.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Up until these last couple posts, I thought David Walliams and Michael McIntyre were the same person. I didn't remember their names and I guess I've never seen them on the same program at once to compare faces.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Dylan Moran is fantastic, but it would go against his brand to really care and get competitive about something.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
I wouldn't like to see Alex Horne as a contestant. Keep him as the assistant.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

How about... a Horne Section special? :banjo:

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I think it would be fun for the "design your own task" task to return but in a different form. Let's say you have five contestants. Whoever films first, you give them, and them only a task that says:

Design your own task, and then complete it! All of the other contestants will also be asked to complete your task, and the task will be scored according to your rules.

The other contestants will be asked to guess which task you designed. For each contestant you fool, you'll earn a bonus point. For each that you do not, they will earn a point.

Then during the final episode, (not the live task) you play that person reading and opening their solo task, and have the four others write down which task it was that the contestant designed. Then, you reveal what task it was. Recap whether the designer won the task or not. Then, one at a time reveal the other four contestants guesses.

Thinking about the format, this might not actually work super well due to the fact that they switch out the audience between episodes. You'd have to re-play the task again for the new audience and then cut that out of the episode. But I do think there's something there, and its a well they could definitely go back to again.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

Eddie Izzard is great, but I feel like I’d hate her on this.

Eh, I feel like there's a chance she'd bring a David C. energy to the show, which would be fun. Tho might be a bit long-winded for it.

Piers Morgan would be pretty poo poo eh?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Are we getting champions 2 this week?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My TV tracker app says it’s tomorrow

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Man they really need to stop live tweeting this show. Just spoiled myself on the winner by just checking my phone at the wrong time. It's just "All hail the winner of champion of champions: WINNER..." with a gif of the winner. :smith:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that poo poo sucks. I would simply not follow the show’s account on social media

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Sarah Millican

Wish granted! For those who watched on demand and missed out on the S14 teaser at the end of the broadcast, she is joining...

Dara O'Briain
Fern Brady
John Kearns
Munya Chawawa

...in the lineup for the second full series of 2022.

Second if you don't count Taskmaster NZ, which is starting 6th July. Take a look at that lineup here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B1GJsCh970

CoC II Spoilers

Ed fell apart at the there, but that was one hell of a prize.
Lisa's beard was amazing, really coming out the traps strong.
The seaside cut-out picture task is one of those that you think "how has it taken 13 series to get round to this", just a classic task. Not everyone's best effort solving it, but I hope to see it revisited in the global circuit.
I feel like Herring's love of slapstick might have given him the edge he needed to take the live task

Edit:

drunken officeparty posted:

They can't have Dara O'Briain on because people would get confused on why Greg is doing tasks then also judging himself.
That's a chance they've decided to take...

Heavy_D fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 23, 2022

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

I need to watch cc2 yet but lord I wish Ed fails most and shits his pants if possible. While he is a funny comedian I like and not a bad person really, he's just so god drat smug about taskmaster somehow and goes hard in the wrong(?) way and i demand to see him crushed humbled

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
There's one task you're really going to enjoy

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Fern Brady was just behind John Robins in my 'would like to see because loving anything could happen but they'll never do it' list.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

ookiimarukochan posted:

There's one task you're really going to enjoy

Poor Ed. In the studio post-mortem of that task he genuinely had a haunted air about him that makes me think this will be a topic for his therapist in a year or two. Hilarious, but awful.

Liza was amazing though: I think she and Mell Geidroyc are my favourite contestants of all time. So boundlessly cheerful and mental.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I know and generally like Dara, don’t know the others, and despise Sara Millican.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Seems weird.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Ed's meltdown is the stuff of TM legend.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I think Ed’s prize task was one of the best ever. Up there with the Josh tattoo for most wow TM things.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

CoC2 was great but I hate hate HATE winner take all final tasks like that. It's one thing if it's in one out of ten episodes, but for CoC?

(It's perfectly fine and a good way to keep the suspense going, it's just a pet peeve of mine.)

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
CoC2 was great overall. The only problem I had was the winner. I find them insufferable, but their grape eating was loving amazing and brilliant.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

I was rooting Lou Sanders, but I got my consolation prize, which was Richard doing better than Ed to forever shame him. Now he has to give the podcast to Richard.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Leatherhead posted:

I was rooting Lou Sanders, but I got my consolation prize, which was Richard doing better than Ed to forever shame him. Now he has to give the podcast to Richard.

I like Ed, I thought he was a great contestant. At least Tarbuck didn't win.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Great episode. One of the strongest prize tasks, a lot of amazing studio interaction, everyone was giving it their all during the tasks and there was one impressively insane breakdown. Kinda sad we don't get two episodes from this lineup.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I like Ed, I thought he was a great contestant. At least Tarbuck didn't win.

Oh I like Ed too, and I'd never want anything actually bad to happen to him. It's just fun to see him get his bell rung a little bit when he's the podcast guy (and especially by someone who he's gotten very competitive with on said podcast).

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Agree with the consensus here. Winner-take-all for a live task is loving weird given they knew it was only going to be one ep, so really only the last task really mattered.

Rich did a good job overall, so hard to fault them, but also wasn't rooting for them. Lisa stole the show with the goatee. Would have loved another ep of this, but great tasks, save the live one.

edit: Apparently Richard filmed just three weeks after having one of his balls removed from an early cancer diagnosis, which gently caress. In that case I guess good on him, gently caress.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jun 24, 2022

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Ugh the one who I wanted to win the least, ends up winning. I really hate Herring easily my least favorite player of all time.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Other than the scoring, that was a really good studio task. Physical, but not skill based, and a great chance to show off the contestant's personality.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Pinwiz11 posted:

CoC2 was great but I hate hate HATE winner take all final tasks like that. It's one thing if it's in one out of ten episodes, but for CoC?

(It's perfectly fine and a good way to keep the suspense going, it's just a pet peeve of mine.)

I think it was fine.
The overall scoring system for Taskmaster doesn't really work for a single episode anyway.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
Haha I had the following drafted the other day

'I'd like to see Kevin Bridges, Kevin Bishop and Paul O'Grady.'

And was trying to think of some women hence not posting it yet (Alison Hammond but I mentioned her in my last post) and Sarah Millican came to mind as someone who hasn't been on but I can't stand her.

Dara Vs Greg will be an interesting dynamic.

Another stop in Munya's inexorable rise, I hope he wins

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Those foam bricks always catch people or when they try to use them for balancing stuff. They're fundamentally structurally unsound.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

oh jay posted:

Other than the scoring, that was a really good studio task. Physical, but not skill based, and a great chance to show off the contestant's personality.

Kerry and Liza's walks killed me

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!
With the seasons getting longer over time I was half hoping CoC2 was going to end up being longer than the first, like a 4ep miniseries would have been great. But oh well. Ed's duck log-flume was looking pretty baller, wish he'd managed to finish it. Definitely the standout task for the episode imo. I'm shocked no one just Nish Kumared it and tossed the duck over and over until they got it. Kinda sad that body-part mural task was given to a group where no one had any real artistic talent.

Stoked to see the rumours Sarah Millican is going to be on the next season are true, she's my most hoped for contestant since David Mitchell said he'd never do it and Sean Lock passed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

I imagine scheduling a champion of champions is a huge pain. With a regular series I they could have 10+ potential contestants in the early stages of planning a series, and then they can narrow it down based on who is available when.

For champion of champions they have to have a specific 5 people