Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

lol as if the environment wasn't enough why did NFTs have to kill rap music too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

deep dish peat moss posted:

I was approached by a cryptobro I know who released an NFT line (that as far as I know never sold a single NFT) about doing art and that was basically the way he pitched it to me, like just take parts of existing things and collage them together and trace over them, no effort required

So I started doing that and I made these but he just looked at them and said I don't 'get' NFTs and I said yeah I guess not

his problem with them was that each one was unique and not just made up of interchangeable pieces all in the same pose

It's amazing how these people are just full blown cargo culting everything they do. But then, the entire concept of crypto is literally based on taking experimental models and proof of concepts with obvious shortcuts because they haven't figured out basic functions, and latching onto that, exactly that, as the future and the only way things should be done.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
The bag for Eminem and Snoop must have been fuckin huuuuge

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

only the emcee who holds the coveted 'nem NFT can be crowned rap god

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Sombrerotron posted:

D: "It's duck-buying season!"
A: "It's ape season!"
D: "Duck season!"
A: "Ape season!"
D: "Ape season!"
A: "Duck season!"
A: "I say duck season and I say BUY!!" *gets rugged*

You know they're going to make this now.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

The video is actually pretty good, having multiple different arts styles. If it wasn't attached to NFTs id probably like it.
Thankfully, its also if you didn't know those two apes were NFTs, you wouldn't have a clue its NFT related.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Sombrerotron posted:

D: "It's duck-buying season!"
A: "It's ape season!"
A: "Duck season!"
A: "Fiddler Crab Season! Rugpull me! Rugpull me! I'm a Fiddler Crab!"

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
Cartoon Avatars are scouting out their next victim: "The inflation hedge is priced in"
https://twitter.com/buccocapital/status/1539981337632849920
https://twitter.com/loganbartlett/status/1540045455911960576

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

pippy posted:

Cartoon Avatars are scouting out their next victim: "The inflation hedge is priced in"
https://twitter.com/buccocapital/status/1539981337632849920
https://twitter.com/loganbartlett/status/1540045455911960576
I am laughing here, bigtime. I pointed out the other day to some groups that Bitcoin has proven to not be an effective hedge of inflation, and that gold likely isn't either.The irony is there are quite literally inflation protected bonds, which serve this function.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

I was approached by a cryptobro I know who released an NFT line (that as far as I know never sold a single NFT) about doing art and that was basically the way he pitched it to me, like just take parts of existing things and collage them together and trace over them, no effort required

So I started doing that and I made these but he just looked at them and said I don't 'get' NFTs and I said yeah I guess not

his problem with them was that each one was unique and not just made up of interchangeable pieces all in the same pose

If the interchangeable pieces were 3D rendered so the figures weren't always locked in the same pose, well, you'd still have an obvious scam but it would have slightly more artistic merit.

edit: your work is pretty good imo

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

This kills the artist.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

:lmao: it happens again! I’m shocked, shocked, I tell you

Hackers steal $100 million in crypto from Harmony's Horizon bridge

https://twitter.com/harmonyprotocol...zon-bridge.html

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

lol as if the environment wasn't enough why did NFTs have to kill rap music too

snoop has been whining about “mumble rap” for like a decade don’t worry too much about his influence within the modern rap scene

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

StandardVC10 posted:

I feel like the fact that "dead cat bounce" is the term Wall Street uses to describe the phenomenon says a lot about the kind of people who work on Wall Street.
The more accurate “dead over-leveraged broker bounce” is considered too macabre.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Eh there's another called automatic rally but dead cat bounce is honestly the good term as it is, because people understand it better. If we had seen btc recover significantly from the drop it would have been a bullish response, but obviously not.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
this has been more of a dead cat wobble, with a surprisingly regular but small bart pattern

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

ELTON JOHN posted:

snoop has been whining about “mumble rap” for like a decade don’t worry too much about his influence within the modern rap scene

It's more funny because the first little bit is the rappity-rap rap style that Eminem has been criticized of for the last decade or so. The man is incapable of a good or inventive flow anymore.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
shits ready to ship:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Be thankful he didn't ask you to make 10000 of them first, then went 'nah'.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

shits ready to ship:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

LifeSunDeath posted:

shits ready to ship:

I hope those guys all get teabagged by an obnoxious 14 year old every time they play an online game, for the rest of their lives.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

That picture drives me insane. The wastefulness of it all, that those video cards represent people being charged extra cause miners we’re buying hundreds at a time, shipping back and forth, that those video cards could have been used for something like playing games or editing video. And all they did was lovely math.

It loving sucks, man!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Boywhiz88 posted:

That picture drives me insane. The wastefulness of it all, that those video cards represent people being charged extra cause miners we’re buying hundreds at a time, shipping back and forth, that those video cards could have been used for something like playing games or editing video. And all they did was lovely math.

It loving sucks, man!

all those cards did was make it possible for people to buy large amounts of chinese fentanyl, or computer crime poo poo. oh and they also separated a ton of idiots from their money via ape scams, and possibly helped NK pay for reactor parts. those cards did not provide any gaming joy.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I got a 3070 for MSRP while they were scarce and after using it for like a month I decided I'd rather sell it because it was worth way more to me as money than as a video card, so I went to a big discord where people bought and sold cards and tried to sell it there. The only interest I got was from crypto miners who tried to convince me that it was only worth MSRP but they'd happily pay postage if I agreed to sell it to them for $350 or whatever. So anyway I still have it because gently caress those nerds

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm going to get blasted for saying so, but even at suggested price the 3080 / 70 are ridiculously overpriced for hardware that provides marginal returns to anybody not involved in pointless dickwaving over who gets the the most FPS on 4k display or whatever

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

LifeSunDeath posted:

shits ready to ship:

I've seen that picture go around a couple of times now, and just now for the first time it occured to be how deep those stacks were, and how much money they represent.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Moody's downgrades coinbase's debt to Ba3 (junk) (actually it was already junk, now it's just junkier)

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I mod /r/anime, and at the beginning of this we were approached by several NFT bros with various ideas for "Someone else's character, but in NFT style" NFTs. Just like the ugliest-rear end art.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Good TechNewsDay episode on Internet Today, uh, today - they cover the NFT fest in NYC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX1BeDEcfaY

Highlights include footage of the attendees at the Bored Ape music festival standing in little circles chatting instead of paying attention to the big-name musical acts being paid handsomely to play for them, viral marketing in the form of fake protesters with "god hates NFTs" signs, and attendees being forced to scan a QR code and follow a Twitter account before being allowed to have a free cookie.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Good TechNewsDay episode on Internet Today, uh, today - they cover the NFT fest in NYC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX1BeDEcfaY

Highlights include footage of the attendees at the Bored Ape music festival standing in little circles chatting instead of paying attention to the big-name musical acts being paid handsomely to play for them, viral marketing in the form of fake protesters with "god hates NFTs" signs, and attendees being forced to scan a QR code and follow a Twitter account before being allowed to have a free cookie.

this video is fine, but it's probably the first time I've noticed a youtube presenter using an actual teleprompter. it's sort of distracting watching their eyes pan back and forth.

e, holy poo poo cocaine is a hell of a drug

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 24, 2022

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
https://twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1540128310516129792

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Neito posted:

I mod /r/anime

Sentences to put you in a watch list

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

You've got to admire the power move of just coming out and saying it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LMAO the crowd of real fans of music at this NFT concert:

everyone is awkwardly huddled up like it's a middleschool dance with zero ladies.

Literal bagholder spotted:

Rainy day NFT mode, still not listening to the concert at all:

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jun 24, 2022

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

steinrokkan posted:

Sentences to put you in a watch list

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Could have made a killing at ApeFest setting up a booth to do a-lot-on-top haircuts

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i gotta say all these claims of these tokens being non-fungible seem a bit 'the lady doth protest too much', methinks

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I think most of the attendees at APEFEST were also paid actors. The organizers didn't want bagholders to feel like no one could win, so they faked people winning, so the bagholders would keep slamming cash into the black box.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Haim and The Roots too? drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
BITCOIN IS CRASHING! FUNGE FUNGE FUNGE!