Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Hollandia posted:

It follows is a great example of the terrifying slow walker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDvgL58h_Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/tarnished_dwebb/status/1540070872983166976?t=c6OLJxz3WWV63Ve9aY5kmA&s=19

https://twitter.com/woahitsjuanito/status/1540078101572583424?s=21

https://twitter.com/FAmoxin/status/1540084436544278528?t=AYtY6_hUgZuBl7QQO5xbxw&s=19

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/RepSwalwell/status/1540088196351942656

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/nadinedorries/status/1540311832035991552?s=21

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

To be fair World War 11 was pretty awful

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

this is like if elon was being owned by the babylon bee instead of harddrive

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Supreme Court has overturned Roe vs Wade.

Andos El Pantos
May 7, 2004

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Supreme Court has overturned Roe vs Wade.

Cool cool. Greatness restored to our very cool and normal country.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
And they're apparently hinting that same-sex marriage is next. :dance: :patriot: :suicide:

Anyway, today sucks poo poo and so does this country, but have a good ol' American tradition of arguing over fast food! Screenshots this time, because there's a lot going on here.

Popeyes Brings Back Cajun Rice for Limited Time

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Read After Burning posted:

And they're apparently hinting that same-sex marriage is next. :dance: :patriot: :suicide:

It's not hinting, it's a direct loving quote from Clarence Thomas:

"In future cases, we should reconsider all of this Court's substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell"

It's basically marching orders for states to challenge these decisions so they have an excuse to rubber stamp their approval.

For whose who don't have their US judicial history memorized, those cases address access to birth control, anti-sodomy laws, and gay marriage respectively.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Read After Burning posted:

Anyway, today sucks poo poo and so does this country, but have a good ol' American tradition of arguing over fast food! Screenshots this time, because there's a lot going on here.

Popeyes Brings Back Cajun Rice for Limited Time

sorry I've read this argument in this thread too many times to read it again now

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

hawowanlawow posted:

sorry I've read this argument in this thread too many times to read it again now

Guess you didn't like the "tone" of his response, intern. :colbert:

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I'm queer AND a uterus-haver, so that's super loving neat!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
technoreaper is a solid username though

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

BaronVonVaderham posted:

"In future cases, we should reconsider all of this Court's substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell"

It's basically marching orders for states to challenge these decisions so they have an excuse to rubber stamp their approval.

For whose who don't have their US judicial history memorized, those cases address access to birth control, anti-sodomy laws, and gay marriage respectively.

In a darkly comedic turn he accidentally left out Loving even though it falls under the same category. I am sure it was an honest mistake on his behalf.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Madkal posted:

In a darkly comedic turn he accidentally left out Loving even though it falls under the same category. I am sure it was an honest mistake on his behalf.

It’s not even because he loves Ginni; he just doesn’t want to be forced to testify against her.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

My old office manager (still works here but in a different department) threw up his arms in triumph when he heard

He was also one of those "my body my choice" types in regards to wearing a mask

There's just no fuckin self awareness

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Len posted:

There's just no fuckin self awareness

Don't confuse "doesn't realize" with "doesn't care".

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Madkal posted:

IIRC Loving rests on the 14th Amendment as well, not just substantive due process so in theory, it's not as vulnerable as the other ones.

But yeah, very convenient that it's also the one that would affect him personally.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

christmas boots posted:

IIRC Loving rests on the 14th Amendment as well, not just substantive due process so in theory, it's not as vulnerable as the other ones.

But yeah, very convenient that it's also the one that would affect him personally.

Didn't Roe rest on the 14th amendment?

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

TinTower posted:

It’s not even because he loves Ginni; he just doesn’t want to be forced to testify against her.

They can't charge a husband and wife for the same crime!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Skwirl posted:

Didn't Roe rest on the 14th amendment?

I will admit I am an ignorant canuck but I thought the same thing, and it looked like he used the argument for striking down Roe for possibly using it to strike down other rulings as well.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/alexbruesewitz/status/1540379761721180160

I don't think you're making the point you think you're making.

"Guess liberals are gonna have to riot now, huh? :smug:", while a bunch of left-wingers go "Oh, right! That's an option. That's a great idea, thank you!"

Basically,
https://twitter.com/screaminbutcalm/status/1105577845642878976

Just kidding, ain't nothing gonna happen. :smith:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It’s a weird argument because an establishment democrat does want a peaceful protest because they know it won’t do anything. The last thing they want is anything that could do anything

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Madkal posted:

I will admit I am an ignorant canuck but I thought the same thing, and it looked like he used the argument for striking down Roe for possibly using it to strike down other rulings as well.

All of the rulings he said should be revisited rest on the 14th amendment, he's also a Black man married to a white woman, so that might be a reason he didn't mention Loving.

I also don't think any states are gonna try and pass new anti-miscegenation laws, at least not until after they go after the queer people. Access to birth control then gay marriage or sodomy laws is probably the next thing they will go after.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I guarantee you Alabama and Mississippi are talking about it.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s a weird argument because an establishment democrat does want a peaceful protest because they know it won’t do anything. The last thing they want is anything that could do anything

I agree, but these are the same people who accused Biden and Kamala Harris of being the second coming of Marx.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I'm really just using that Merlin Fish gently caress you clip way too often these days. I'm sure that just means we're an awesome country with superb freedoms.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Pay for it with your BortCoins! Out on sale now. I don't know how buttcoins work.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

old bean factory posted:

Pay for it with your BortCoins! Out on sale now. I don't know how buttcoins work.

mkdir bortcoin
cd bortcoin
git clone github.com/bitcoin
npm start --name bortcoin --fraud very-yes --hodl

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

A non-Roe IOSM (with a free bonus second idiot that they're basing it all on!):

https://twitter.com/jeichlerlevine/status/1533909820453142530

It goes on for a while. Replies are off, so you know she's feeling good about all this.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Zero_Grade posted:

It goes on for a while. Replies are off, so you know she's feeling good about all this.

I do not know how to properly encapsulate the hate I feel towards this person at the current moment.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Zero_Grade posted:

I'm fairly certain that even most Disney Adults would recognize this as the condescending bullshit it is.

Sometimes people like stuff. Sometimes they like stuff a lot more than most people like stuff. Sometimes they are weird and cringe about the stuff they like, but as long as they don't mistreat others or torpedo their finances or relationships over the stuff they like, they are basically harmless. There, I solved the mystery of Disney Adults and all other fans.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Live is hard and people find comfort in all sorts of stuff. Embrace the cringe. Become one with it until it consumes you and everybody you know.

Confusedslight has a new favorite as of 23:17 on Jun 24, 2022

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
It is the couple's wedding and they can do whatever the hell they want on the wedding, even if it is acting like stunted adult sized children. That being said the twitter thread is the most condescending bs around. Person is acting like calling "disney adults (wtf) something like "stunted adult sized children" is close to a hate crime and us non stunted adult sized children need to be educated about this protected class of people.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Zero_Grade posted:

"Here's why you shouldn't pathologize Disney adults: a giant list of ways they are supremely hosed up"

"There's nothing wrong with Disney adults. I study religion and can tell you it just means *a bleaker description of meaningless lives than I was previously capable of imagining*"

Blackula Vs. Tarantula has a new favorite as of 23:23 on Jun 24, 2022

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

"they only hurt their guests", a thing that is totally relevant to the question of how they treated their guests.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Zero_Grade posted:

Isn't she the one that shoehorns everything in life to be about her Disney religious studies bugbear?

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

"Here's why you shouldn't pathologize Disney adults: a giant list of ways they are supremely hosed up"

"There's nothing wrong with Disney adults. I study religion and can tell you it just means *a bleaker description of meaningless lives than I was previously capable of imagining*"
Mods, bans this shameless bigotry against me, a PoD ( Person of Disney )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I'm Disneysexual

Wait no that sounds way creepier than I thought it would