Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
ota and iris should resume their lets play

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

Ota is in there

gently caress! You're right, the fucker is standing right there in one of the background shots. I totally missed him.

Tired Moritz posted:

Ota is cool tho

He's a spoiled loving brat that has no respect for anyone else, not even his own parents that sacrificed everything to raise him and he doesn't even learn anything by the end of the story.
He's easily the worst loving character in the whole game.

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.

Jack Trades posted:

gently caress! You're right, the fucker is standing right there in one of the background shots. I totally missed him.

He's a spoiled loving brat that has no respect for anyone else, not even his own parents that sacrificed everything to raise him and he doesn't even learn anything by the end of the story.
He's easily the worst loving character in the whole game.

I don't like Ota much but this is kind of exaggerating, he definitely learns that he needs to do something to support his mom and regrets how he's been, and in the entire right side of the flowchart is consistently the one to call Date out that he's neglecting Mizuki when she desperately needs him.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Ota would have been infinitely easier to sympathize with if he was a teenager and not a 25 year old creeping on an 18 year old.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I'm so excited for a new Sominum Files game!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I pre-ordered the PS4 collector's version a long time ago, I hope I can get it

I want my mother loving AIBA figurine

Maybe I can order the collector's ed, take the aiba, and then sell the rest and buy the PC version instead like I wanted

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

just realized it's been more than six years and Amame is still working at Sunfish Pocket :smith:

maybe she runs the place now

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

At least we learn her name this time!

Might have been in her character file, I don't quite remember at this point.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Amazon canceled my pre-order so I had to pre-order it on gamestop :smallbarf:

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Did they make it very clear that they were doing that?

I preordered it the day it was announced. Can't remember the last time I had that much faith in a product.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Amazon canceled my pre-order so I had to pre-order it on gamestop :smallbarf:

Exact same thing happened to me day one pre order as well. Hopefully this time it sticks.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Hammer Bro. posted:

Did they make it very clear that they were doing that?

I preordered it the day it was announced. Can't remember the last time I had that much faith in a product.

edit:

https://twitter.com/SpikeChunsoft_e/status/1531709602680688640

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 22:25 on May 31, 2022

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Oh god I hope mine doesn’t get canceled. I preordered the millisecond I could, and if I have to wait extra time for it I will

Edit: for those who got canceled on, what console? I preordered for switch and at least so far it’s still good

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 31, 2022

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Between the cancelled Amazon orders and the delayed European release it's not a good launch for the game.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Same thing happened with zero time dilemma, I feel bad for them

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

Oh god I hope mine doesn’t get canceled. I preordered the millisecond I could, and if I have to wait extra time for it I will

Edit: for those who got canceled on, what console? I preordered for switch and at least so far it’s still good

PS4, the switch is too underpowered for my standards for a game I'm really excited about, even if it is a visual novel, the last AI was kind of laggy i had read on switch

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Gutcruncher posted:

I preordered on PS4 and that got cancelled.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Some new info about the game dropped but I didn't watch it cause I'm going in blind

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

3 days to go

Still haven't been charged by gamestop... Doubtful I'll get the collectors edition on release day

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Reviews are out, and positive.

Switch version sounds like runs a bit poorly again, though there's supposed to be a day 1 patch that reviewers couldn't play with

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I didn't have the massive problems others had with the switch version on the first game though it was a bit jittery, but it's a VN so I didn't really care.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Does Ota dies? Hopefully he died.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I mean, he already died in the first one

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Arist posted:

I mean, he already died in the first one
Unfortunately, it didn't take.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Until I read one of the reviews it hadn't occurred to me that the game needs two protagonists to investigate at the two different times the body was found.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Steam version is up for prepurchase now BTW.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc1laVlQ0Vk

I'm going to lose my loving poo poo

why isn't it friday already

why hasn't my order shipped!!!!!!

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Amazon said my special Switch edition would not be on time, but they didn't say when it would be.

Fortunately I'm not done with 13 Sentinels yet. Which is a very good though markedly less silly anime visual novel.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

quote:

We will be unable to fulfill your Order Number xxx for AI: The Somnium Files - nirvanA Initiative Collector's Edition - PlayStation 4. We will be canceling your order and you will not be charged. We sincerely apologize for any frustration this may cause.

I hate this planet

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I hate this planet

lol yup, got the same message.

I guess they're going for a day 1 free for all?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
My Amazon switch collectors edition has been updated saying I’ll get it this Friday.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

That's two places that cancelled on me, this really sucks. GameStop gave me a ten dollar gift card I guess but I wanted the big box.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I wanted Aiba really badly, now if they don't have more stock we're going to have to fight with scalpers

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

Got the same message just now. So that's Amazon and Gamestop that canceled on me.

Gamestop apparently said the issue was "beyond them." Amazon told me it was the manufacturer. Spike Chunsoft says it's the retailers.

This sucks.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Sounds to me like they got way more sales for the CE than they were expecting, and neither the publisher or retailers ever checked in to see what % of preorders there were

In fact, with people's day 1 preorders being canceled too, they must have run out of stock almost immediately, and no one thought to make more or cancel preorders earlier

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

psn doesnt even have digital preordering up

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Anyone know what time the Steam release drops?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I would guess the usual 12-1 PM EST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Game's up for download now. 12GB.