Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

alexandriao posted:

How... What...

What??

:confused:

Sex Magic
Aleister Crowley
Alan Moore
LaVeyan Satanism

there's a throughline for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

alexandriao posted:

How... What...

What??

:confused:

"Fiction is one of the few experiences where loneliness can be both confronted and relieved. Drugs, movies where stuff blows up, loud parties -- all these chase away loneliness by making me forget my name's Dave and I live in a one-by-one box of bone no other party can penetrate or know. Fiction, poetry, music, really deep serious sex, and, in various ways, religion -- these are the places (for me) where loneliness is countenanced, stared down, transfigured, treated."

Just a lil blast from the past from david foster wallace, rip

He's not wrong, though

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Bring back “Love Connection.” Don’t update it for current audiences. I want it the exact same way it was back in the 80s. Cheesy, bad cgi, bland and boring and exclusively with white people on it.

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.
Social media companies should be forced to charge for their services and stop relying on ad revenue. The starting price for small companies should start around $10 per month and the big ones should start at like $30.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Blueberries aren't good.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I have a hard time respecting people who complain about games being too difficult

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

I have a hard time respecting people who complain about games being too difficult

As you should

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Tiggum posted:

Blueberries aren't good.

yeah I can agree with this

maybe 1 in 100 blueberries are good, but I don't like those odds

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Tiggum posted:

Blueberries aren't good.

They're good in mead, wine, martinis, and margaritas, as I learned on a trip to Maine. :)

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

YeahTubaMike posted:

They're good in mead, wine, martinis, and margaritas, as I learned on a trip to Maine. :)

Should’ve dropped the wine for max alliteration

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

thetoughestbean posted:

Yeah I mean games are a hobby and there are around 1.1 million of them in existence

If something isn't to your taste just move on to another one. Like who tastes a new coffee, finds it too bitter, then goes on to write a lovely long form whine piece about how that particular coffee needs to be recultivated and reroasted to fit their specific preferences

Not everything is For You and believing otherwise is purestrain garbagebaby entitlement

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

thetoughestbean posted:

Should’ve dropped the wine for max alliteration

Oh drat, you're right :doh:

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

YeahTubaMike posted:

And beer!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Ah, how could I forget? One of the first beers I ever drank was blueberry. I didn't drink it on my trip to Maine though, so I guess I neglected to mention it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Tiggum posted:

Blueberries aren't good.

Blueberries are the goddamn worst.

My grandparents had like twenty blueberry bushes at their house, and every year we'd have to go help them pick blueberries, and then for goddamn months afterward we'd be eating blueberry muffins, blueberry pancakes, blueberry cakes, blueberry jellies, blueberry cobblers...

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
A truly haunting tale

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Vandar posted:

Blueberries are the goddamn worst.

My grandparents had like twenty blueberry bushes at their house, and every year we'd have to go help them pick blueberries, and then for goddamn months afterward we'd be eating blueberry muffins, blueberry pancakes, blueberry cakes, blueberry jellies, blueberry cobblers...

Blueberry pastries are loving gross, I'll give you that

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't get why blueberry muffins are the default muffin. It's odd.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Muffins in general are just super disappointing affairs.

"Would you like all the calories of a cup cake, but absolutely none of the fun instead of literally any other breakfast food?"

What kind of a monster would do that to someone? Eat a donut. Or a short stack of pancakes. Anything, please, besides a muffin.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Robobot posted:

"Would you like all the calories of a cup cake, but absolutely none of the fun instead of literally any other breakfast food?"

What kind of a monster would do that to someone? Eat a donut. Or a short stack of pancakes. Anything, please, besides a muffin.

Muffins should be savoury. Cheese, onion, spinach, sundried tomatoes, lil chunks of feta, toasted pumpkin seeds on top. Extremely good.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Gaius Marius posted:

I don't get why blueberry muffins are the default muffin. It's odd.

I thought corn muffins were the default muffin.

I'm all about corn muffins, cut in half across the middle, toasted & slathered in butter on both sides. Some people like jelly; I'm indifferent.

Robobot posted:

Cupcakes are nasty. "Would you like all the calories of a slice of regular cake, but with an absurdly high frosting-to-cake ratio?" No, I would not.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Blueberries are easily the worst of the normal berries.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a corn muffin.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Collapsing Farts posted:

Every single home in Sweden has poopgrinders or so called poo poo Mills.We call them ”skit kvarnar”. Basically, every household has a poop bucket that people unload into, then you empty the poop bucket into the skitkvarn

And you use the skitstövel to stomp it down?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

Maybe like Deep South or something, I never see 'em in a bakery up here. And our Blueberry outsells our other muffins 2:1.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Cupcakes are nasty. "Would you like all the calories of a slice of regular cake, but with an absurdly high frosting-to-cake ratio?" No, I would not.
If they topped Cupcakes like Cake Cake's they'd be fine. It's the mountain that's the problem. Modern Bakeries put far too much emphasis on Aesthetics at the cost of Taste.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Blueberries are easily the worst of the normal berries.

Absolute no when Strawberries exist

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cupcakes ARE muffins. Just buy ones with less topping(s).

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

No the texture especially is different. The Cupcakes are small cakes, they should be light and airy, Muffins are much denser and more liable to have mix ins

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

That's like saying cars are red but trucks (which are also cars) are blue. They can be anything you want!

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Muffins should only be used in hand to hand fighting. Some of those super dense southern fighting muffins could sink a small boat if thrown hard enough.

Cup cakes are like smearing heavenly smooth buttercream over a chocolate flavored cloud. Airy. Free. The opposite of those lesser berry befouled cinderblocks that are muffins.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Cranberry muffins are nice.

I like fresh or frozen blueberries well enough but baking seems to destroy whatever flavor they hold.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Banana chocolate chip muffins are good, but banana chocolate chip anything is good.

PHUO: After spending near a week in Crete, I can confidently say I don’t much care for Greek cooking. The fresh, local ingredients are very good but ultimately the cuisine is just not for me

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Robobot posted:

Shithouse Dave posted:

Muffins should be savoury. Cheese, onion, spinach, sundried tomatoes, lil chunks of feta, toasted pumpkin seeds on top. Extremely good.
I'd take a savoury muffin over a sweet one, but I'd take a sweet muffin ahead of almost any cake of any size. Most cakes are bad.

Gaius Marius posted:

Absolute no when Strawberries exist
Strawberries are very good, when they're good. They do often suffer terribly from the problem a lot of fruit has of being grown for appearance over flavour and sold unripe though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I don't like queen jam (raspberry and bilberry) in anything else, but it's very good with vanilla ice-cream.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The raspberry is by far the worst berry

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This berry slander is ticking me off more than any of the social/political bullshit you monsters normally cook up.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

YeahTubaMike posted:

Almost everything that has frosting has way too much of it.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Pie, categorically, is better than cake.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
All desserts apart from brownies loving suck.

They either fall apart or so glutonous that they stick to the interior part of your face.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

All desserts apart from brownies loving suck.

Brownies are poo poo. I do not understand the appeal. They taste... fine? Not great. And the texture's nothing to write home about either. They are the platonic ideal of "that was a dessert, I guess". Just a thing that exists and can be categorised.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Brownies are a good vehicle for vanilla ice cream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I grew up with nasty overcooked box brownies so I always hated them but you if you get a good brownie, goddamn.