Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

ItohRespectArmy posted:

someday I will make enough money to go to japan and go to many TJPW shows
Or we make TJPW come over here :thunkher:

But as far as I understand, that would cause ItohRespectArmy's leg to break again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

So, STARDOM are doing Tam vs Natsupoi in a steel caaaaaaage on Sunday

...and then they're main eventing Korakuen Hall two nights later?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Is the Sunday card outside Tokyo? Maybe they want to get two houses for the match and this was the way the order venues lined up.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1540250879374135296?s=20&t=5ugROwAppyQTb2DFf_1HXQ

Rossy Ogawa has apparently been murdered by a spooky skeleton that also may be haunting Saya Kamitani. Just in case you wanted confirmation that Stardom are indeed the super serious promotion

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

IceAgeComing posted:

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1540250879374135296?s=20&t=5ugROwAppyQTb2DFf_1HXQ

Rossy Ogawa has apparently been murdered by a spooky skeleton that also may be haunting Saya Kamitani. Just in case you wanted confirmation that Stardom are indeed the super serious promotion

Lmao what the gently caress was that!!???? I figured the Showcase shows would be New Blood but without limiting it to people new to wrestling but that is certainly not the direction I'd figure they'd go promoting it. What ever this is I'm in, especially if we get more skits like that. Lol

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If you've got any spare money, this PPV looks like a show of the year contender

https://twitter.com/senjo2006/status/1540258678879621120?t=eVBrdvzfIa-00EErhnGwVw&s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Oh poo poo. That's stacked.

Oh no, it's an early start in Korakuen, 11:30, which means bedtime in the UK. Suppose I can buy it & hope that it is still available as a VOD or that someone uploads it later. Because the amount of great stuff they've put up on YouTube for free I do want to pay it back.

On that, if you don't read the MOTYC thread, go back a couple pages to where I linked a bunch of Sendai Girls & watch the Team 200kg vs Reiwa Ultima Powers from 27/2. It's tremendous

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

If you've got any spare money, this PPV looks like a show of the year contender

https://twitter.com/senjo2006/status/1540258678879621120?t=eVBrdvzfIa-00EErhnGwVw&s=19

Thank god Zaiko is so easy to use for English speakers

forkboy84 posted:

Oh poo poo. That's stacked.

Oh no, it's an early start in Korakuen, 11:30, which means bedtime in the UK. Suppose I can buy it & hope that it is still available as a VOD or that someone uploads it later. Because the amount of great stuff they've put up on YouTube for free I do want to pay it back.

On that, if you don't read the MOTYC thread, go back a couple pages to where I linked a bunch of Sendai Girls & watch the Team 200kg vs Reiwa Ultima Powers from 27/2. It's tremendous

Zaiko comes with an automatic 3 day archive and you can pay up to an extra 900 yen for a months worth of replay time

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

3 days will be plenty, that's good.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I will definitely be buying that show :stwoon:

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

IceAgeComing posted:

Rossy Ogawa has apparently been murdered by a spooky skeleton

thank mr skeltal

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Holy poo poo, that card loving rules. I'm familiar with a lot of the names but is there anything I need to catch up to speed with Tomoka Inaba and Yurika Oka?

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

IceAgeComing posted:

Tall Saya will never forgive 'em for ruining her chances to have a match against Kota Ibushi!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Pylons posted:

Holy poo poo, that card loving rules. I'm familiar with a lot of the names but is there anything I need to catch up to speed with Tomoka Inaba and Yurika Oka?

Inaba is a TAKA trainee, part of the first JTO class along with Maika of Stardom, KANON of DDT (not to be confused with Sendai Girl's Kanon), & Hayato Tamura of GLEAT most notably. Probably the easiest match featuring her to find is from TakaTaichiMania 3 this January where she tagged Aoi against a freelancer team of Maya Yukihi & Yuu Yamagata. She has also appeared on both Stardom New Blood shows so far (teaming with Aoi against Hanan & Saya Iida at 1 & against Hanan & Hina at 2). I'd say if you want a taster, I have 2 matches at ***½, the Hanan & Hina match from New Blood 2, & Aoi & Inaba vs Prominence team of Suzu Suzuki & Akane Fujita from 6/5 JTO TakaTaichiMania 2.5.

Yurika Oka is a Sendai Girls trainee, debuted in 2019 like Inaba, she has appeared for a handful of other promotions like GLEAT & Marvelous & SEAdLINNNG in that time. I've given 2 of her matches ***¾ this year, the 10/4 Marvelous show where she faced off with Ai Houzan against Maria & Makoto in the recent tag league they had, & then on the 15/4 Korakuen Anniversary Show she again tagged with Ai against Best Friends.

I can link these if you need that but I've got a bus to catch fairly soon so won't just do it now.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/zacyuki/status/1540351656013213697
yessss!

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
yukichans

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yukaichichans

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Rarity posted:

Or we make TJPW come over here :thunkher:

funny story, I had tickets to wrestlequeendom 3 when maki itoh was appearing and 2 weeks before I broke my leg.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ItohRespectArmy posted:

funny story, I had tickets to wrestlequeendom 3 when maki itoh was appearing and 2 weeks before I broke my leg.

:negative:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity and ItohRespectArmy will come here to see Maki Itoh instead and nobody will break their legs.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Are TJPW shirt sizes at the show in US or Japanese sizing? I don't want Maki making fun of me for my shirt choice again.

I'm.. I'm not that kind of simp.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Great news! The TJPW wrestlers' individual shirts are handled by the wrestlers themselves and therefore have no guaranteed consistent brand/sizing. (That said, they're most likely to be Japanese sizing.)

For shirts put out by the promotion itself, though, I assume they're the same as the ones DDT uses, and in that case, they're in Japanese sizing, so go up one from your US size.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Stardom stuff from tonight (not really spoilers but still putting it in tags anyways):

There are lots of really stupid/dangerous spots in the faction cagematch.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Stardom stuff from tonight (not really spoilers but still putting it in tags anyways):

There are lots of really stupid/dangerous spots in the faction cagematch.

Not really. There was only really one spot and in most ladder matches anywhere there's much more dangerous stuff being done.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Match was great; although it was incredibly apparent that with the exception of AZM and Koguma everyone else hated doing the thing (Kamitani shouted "I HATE THIS CAGE" as she was escaping and it seemed genuine). Better than the first cage match which was saddled by the rules (basically you had to pin your opponent and then immediately escape to win, and if you were stopped from escaping then you lost your chance unless you pinned your opponent again) and I get the impression that if it was straight escape rules it would be a lot better.

The trios title three-way elimination match was also very good I thought: something that Stardom have gotten very good at doing and which other Joshi promotions can't really do because they have smaller rosters. Undercard was fun from what I saw: missed the opener where I assume Waka lost.

Other developments: the Spooky Skeleton killed Tall Saya and Rossy again but they were OK to appear on the show; they're running the bigger arena in Nagoya for a mid-5 Star big show in August. Guess they'll wait to announce 5 Star blocks until the show in early July after the qualifying tournament is done.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

IceAgeComing posted:

Match was great; although it was incredibly apparent that with the exception of AZM and Koguma everyone else hated doing the thing (Kamitani shouted "I HATE THIS CAGE" as she was escaping and it seemed genuine). Better than the first cage match which was saddled by the rules (basically you had to pin your opponent and then immediately escape to win, and if you were stopped from escaping then you lost your chance unless you pinned your opponent again) and I get the impression that if it was straight escape rules it would be a lot better.

Hazuki seemed to enjoy herself and part of the story of the match was that Mayu and Utami got peer pressured into the match by their more eager partners so them immediately trying to escape the cage after the bell rang was great. I like how they had 2 completely different cage matches. Match one was a lot of this

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1540988455445901319

While the main event had quite a bit of comedy like this

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1541003029708582913

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Kamiyu did an interview for a japanese channel and there are english subs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KuWMwKdl4M

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Blocks for the 5★STAR

Red Stars Block
Syuri
Tam Nakano
Utami Hayashishita
AZM
Koguma
Maika
Himeka
Thekla
Unagi Sayaka
Saki Kashima
Mai Sakurai
Risa Sera
SAKI

Blue Stars Block
Mayu Iwatani
Giulia
Saya Kamitani
Starlight Kid
Momo Watanabe
Hazuki
Saya Iida
Natsupoi
Mina Shirakawa
Hanan
MIRAI
Ami Sohrei
Suzu Suzuki

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

As for the 3 qualifier spots, I dunno, I'd guess Iida, Sourei &...Sakurai? That 3rd spot is pretty hard to predict.

Stall_19 posted:

Blocks for the 5★STAR

Red Stars Block
Syuri
Tam Nakano
Utami Hayashishita
AZM
Koguma
Maika
Himeka
Thekla
Unagi Sayaka
Saki Kashima
Mai Sakurai
Risa Sera
SAKI

Blue Stars Block
Mayu Iwatani
Giulia
Saya Kamitani
Starlight Kid
Momo Watanabe
Hazuki
Saya Iida
Natsupoi
Mina Shirakawa
Hanan
MIRAI
Ami Sohrei
Suzu Suzuki

I call that 3 for 3 :smuggo:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This is Tam's year, I fully believe...

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Yuka and Mizuki are doing their best to promote Summer Princess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsX3bmMLDKE

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1542521139406065664

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Hell yeah

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

has anyone done this yet

"and I said Meibee, you're gona be the one that saves me"

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

The real news

https://twitter.com/misterhakusan/status/1542539071804698626
https://twitter.com/misterhakusan/status/1542539771636920320

also:
https://twitter.com/mookieghana/status/1542596888687509505

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Did Applebee's give them a cease and desist?

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

The portraits for Summer Sun Princess went up for presale on the 30th, and some of them (Yuki Arai first, unsurprisingly, then Hikari Noa, Suzume, and Mei Suruga !) sold out super quickly so I panicked and preordered a few portraits just in case. People really excited about MeiBee Surprise I suppose!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I also posted this in the WWE thread, but it seems applicable here. Per Meltzer, Io Shirai has not signed her offered contract with WWE and will be a free agent next month if she does not.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Pylons posted:

I also posted this in the WWE thread, but it seems applicable here. Per Meltzer, Io Shirai has not signed her offered contract with WWE and will be a free agent next month if she does not.

Probably means she's coming back to Stardom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Auritech posted:

Probably means she's coming back to Stardom.

Yeah, that's the 90% likelihood.