Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

i say swears online posted:

robin williams in aladdin was a gimmick but still a good gimmick

the voice acting in invincible is the best part of the show, steve yeun, sandra o, and especially jk simmons are all great

also walton goggins may be america's greatest living actor but he apparently can't do va work for poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

think, mark, THINK *throws drum into cymbals*

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

explain.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it zigged where I thought it would zag

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i'll watch it

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1540351243490627586

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Bro Dad posted:

the voice acting in invincible is the best part of the show, steve yeun, sandra o, and especially jk simmons are all great

also walton goggins may be america's greatest living actor but he apparently can't do va work for poo poo

seconding this, sandra oh in particular smashes it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The role of Omni-Man was probably written specifically for JK Simmons like Genie was for Williams and he knocked it out of the park

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Does he have any kids? They about to be President of Chile.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

robin williams is the worst part of aladdin, even worse than the racism.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/nescartridges/status/1540188036243283968?s=20&t=VscEH7T6OPpSLfCRmh7-sA

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

mastershakeman posted:

I just watched Dr strange and it was kind of an embarrassment compared to eeaao . Not that it was bad, it was just average for a lot of money

i just watched it and it was bizarre in parts

like when they're in the hallway waiting for the scary witch lady to bust through a door and the fire sprinkler drops slow down and it zooms into their scared faces of realization, and i'm like 'oh, its been established she can travel through reflections, she's gonna apeear through the raindrops or puddles.'

nope, just randomly appearing in the hallway from off camera with a jump scare noise

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Durf posted:

like when they're in the hallway waiting for the scary witch lady to bust through a door and the fire sprinkler drops slow down and it zooms into their scared faces of realization, and i'm like 'oh, its been established she can travel through reflections, she's gonna apeear through the raindrops or puddles.'

nope, just randomly appearing in the hallway from off camera with a jump scare noise

Yeah it's just a bunch of disjointed one off scenes that rarely tie into any others. Cool reflection trap/mirror attack sequence, the whole skeleton and demon thing at the end, the music fight, the hand to hand combat - none of it is tied to anything else whatsoever.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Durf posted:

mastershakeman posted:

Yeah it's just a bunch of disjointed one off scenes that rarely tie into any others. Cool reflection trap/mirror attack sequence, the whole skeleton and demon thing at the end, the music fight, the hand to hand combat - none of it is tied to anything else whatsoever.
Felt the same way. I actually liked it more than a lot of MCU slop because I think Wanda makes for a more compelling villain than "palette swapped superhero", or "actually correct, but they go slightly too far guy". That said, it felt extremely disconnected, and unintentionally bizarre.

Nichael has issued a correction as of 19:37 on Jun 25, 2022

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
That yellow fist shield thing is super lame effect, that's only part I watched and turned it off.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

mastershakeman posted:

I just watched Dr strange and it was kind of an embarrassment compared to eeaao . Not that it was bad, it was just average for a lot of money

:yeah:

And without having seen Wandavision or whatever Scarlet Witch just comes off as totally unhinged. If she didn't have powers she would just be a schizophrenic yelling THEY STOLE MY BABY! THEY STOLE MY BABY! at a bus stop.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Bro Dad posted:

uh, wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9OdWfRTi38

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

skooma512 posted:

And without having seen Wandavision or whatever Scarlet Witch just comes off as totally unhinged. If she didn't have powers she would just be a schizophrenic yelling THEY STOLE MY BABY! THEY STOLE MY BABY! at a bus stop.

isnt that basically what happened tho i try to avoid watching any of this marvel crap if i can help it mainly because its fun to guess what the hell is even going on in any of these shows based on the convoluted ways the commentariat describes them

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

im pretty sure for example that loki is about the title character traveling across the multiverse loving alternate versions of himself and you know what i think the show im imagining is better than what they actually filmed so i feel pretty good about not watching it

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

skooma512 posted:

She's a fun antagonist but it's pretty funny that apparently she is the only Wanda in the universe without a family and went nuts conjuring up transdimensional beasts to hunt down people in other universes that she can somehow scry

If she hadn't destroyed all copies of the necromomicon at the end , the threat wouldn't be gone, since there's infinite versions of her that could all go nuts and start attacking other realms. She doesnt need to universe jump to do that!

Like just give her some foster kids good lord. Or, more intelligently, find her a universe where that Wanda is dead but the kids aren't. Oh well, the mcu goes on

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

Fallen victim to a hoax. Targeted by a ruse. Succumbed to japery.

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

well that goon who pointed out that The Boys weirdly frowns upon kinky sex by making kinky sex havers suffer gruesome consequences for having kinky sex appears to have been correct, as the latest episode literally has an entire house full of kinky sex havers in a kinky sex orgy get gruesomely annihilated

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

sitchensis posted:

well that goon who pointed out that The Boys weirdly frowns upon kinky sex by making kinky sex havers suffer gruesome consequences for having kinky sex appears to have been correct, as the latest episode literally has an entire house full of kinky sex havers in a kinky sex orgy get gruesomely annihilated
Did they finally do Herogasm?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Knight posted:

Did they finally do Herogasm?

Yeah, though given the way the show was hyping the concept I was expecting something closer to Eyes Wide Shut, or perhaps just the True Detective Season 2 version of Eyes Wide Shut. It was honestly pretty tame compared to the raunch the show's conveyed even in previous episodes this season.

Honestly, the entire thing looked like a bust rodd anecdote reads, and then moralising bloodshed descended.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

sitchensis posted:

it was nice to see the Deep rebound so quickly from the Timothy tragedy

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

sitchensis posted:

shut up lol

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

I can't believe the boys would look down on the nazi cop superhero that brutalises black people for merely expressing his kinks at an orgy that is explicitly described as killing several sex workers every year

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
let's go the boys, baby. love the boys

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

my favorite the boy? a little the boy called hunter biden.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Filthy Hans posted:

it was nice to see the Deep rebound so quickly from the Timothy tragedy

Lot of character growth this ep, A-train apologises for real and Deep actually saves a life

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Farm Frenzy posted:

I can't believe the boys would look down on the nazi cop superhero that brutalises black people for merely expressing his kinks at an orgy that is explicitly described as killing several sex workers every year

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Nichael posted:

Felt the same way. I actually liked it more than a lot of MCU slop because I think Wanda makes for a more compelling vision than "palette swapped superhero", or "actually correct, but they go slightly too far guy". That said, it felt extremely disconnected, and unintentionally bizarre.

ya actually on rewatch drunk with friends the latter half is pretty great if you go in realizing Raimi is tapping Darkman more than anything else

the first half is typical marvel slop but once heroes start dyin and the skeletons show up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8pU92yzLQQ

e: if anything I wonder if marvel was reacting to criticisms that their pre-vis unit was choreographing every action scene regardless of director, because for better or worse the stink of Raimi is all over this thing.

except the parkour fight in the illuminati chamber, kudos to him giving the stuntmen a day I guess

Durf has issued a correction as of 08:02 on Jun 25, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I liked it, if you enjoyed Beavis and Butthead Do America I think you will enjoy this one too.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Farm Frenzy posted:

shut up lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

gently caress yeah gonna watch this after work

I watched it last night it was great

9.5/10 imo

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/AstuteCFO/status/1540515636283338753?cxt=HHwWgsDT-eSzgeEqAAAA

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

only just today I learned that they made a followup to Machine Girl with loving Tak Sakaguchi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gWME4Vmgs4

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol had to date check this one

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Durf posted:

ya actually on rewatch drunk with friends the latter half is pretty great if you go in realizing Raimi is tapping Darkman more than anything else

the first half is typical marvel slop but once heroes start dyin and the skeletons show up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8pU92yzLQQ

e: if anything I wonder if marvel was reacting to criticisms that their pre-vis unit was choreographing every action scene regardless of director, because for better or worse the stink of Raimi is all over this thing.

except the parkour fight in the illuminati chamber, kudos to him giving the stuntmen a day I guess
I meant "villain" btw. I have terminal Biden brains, and sometimes I do not type very good. :sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Yea but they felt bad about it so the characters become woke as the show goes on.