Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Kinda dumb with a system that both has gyro and actually utilizes it, but are there any Switch games that use a mouse? I think a few support keyboards, but I could be wrong.

Hypnospace does apparently

https://twitter.com/RaveofRavendale/status/1296088868970782733

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Mega64 posted:

Kinda dumb with a system that both has gyro and actually utilizes it, but are there any Switch games that use a mouse? I think a few support keyboards, but I could be wrong.

Off the top of my head, Quake and Game Builder Garage both have real mouse support.

Saviors on Sapphire Wings has weird vestigial mouse support and plugging a mouse or keyboard in lets you get a cursor that’s constantly floating over the gameplay that you can move around with the mouse, but can’t actually use to interact with anything in any way.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hypnospace Outlaw has excellent m+kb support. The only way I'd ever play the game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I've only played a bit of Hypnospace Outlaw but it's a weirdly accurate SA Moderator Simulator.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Mega64 posted:

I've only played a bit of Hypnospace Outlaw but it's a weirdly accurate SA Moderator Simulator.

So it's an underage hentai game?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Mega64 posted:

It literally feels like using a forum 20 years ago. I’m old and it’s good

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Waffle! posted:

Pokemon Snap is out on the N64 app.

This is the perfect de-stressor for today's lovely headlines. New Pokemon Snap is/was fantastic, but there's just something about replaying a game from my childhood that I know like the back of my hand.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm currently building a Friend Hotel on a wickedly inhospitable ice planet; frequent blizzards, sentinels, the works.... but I now have a 6-person haven from the cruel elements, complete with health stations, a teleporter, couches, rugs, and fireplaces.

And my base is so cozy :3:

Please share a screenshot. :3:

I want to start a PYF Cozy Locations in Games thread, dammit.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Read After Burning posted:

I want to start a PYF Cozy Locations in Games thread, dammit.

Do it! We always want more threads in Games, especially those that aren't just another random game megathread.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Three Hopes is really good

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

A fishing game for :20bux: can't wait :toot:

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Morter posted:

A fishing game for :20bux: can't wait :toot:

The games rules. You get shipwrecked on a island, and have to explore and find people again, also while getting your home fort attacked by island monsters all the time.

I hated IX after playing 8

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You should try Ys Origins, it’s older and different but I like it better than the modern ones

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Spellman posted:

There are people who are jaded by the No Man's Sky MMO kickstarter promise, and people who played after the multiplayer-update and practically forgot or never knew the KS even happened

All I know is that the first version resembled what we would call today an early access build. Framing is everything

I'm willing to give them a second chance on the gameplay stuff as I've heard it's improved, but I'll be damned if I'm going to trust the video they showed during the switch announcement as actual gameplay footage at face value.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

hatty posted:

You should try Ys Origins, it’s older and different but I like it better than the modern ones

I just loved exploring a strange island and also playing as two different characters. 9 is just you in a drab castle setting where you also have to play yourself in the same drab castle setting.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The only Ys game I played is I think 3 on the SNES and it was basically a boring Zelda2

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

The Bloop posted:

The only Ys game I played is I think 3 on the SNES and it was basically a boring Zelda2

That was the first one I played and boy was I surprised when I found that literally none of the others were like that. Think the next one I actually got my hands on was Ys 7.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the only ys i have ever played is vanished omens on master system and boy it took me a hot minute to wrap my head around the combat that consists of lining yourself up properly and just running into the enemy

it's pretty cool otherwise but never checked out the rest of the series

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

8 is really cool. It's like Lost, but like not bad. Okay I shouldn't have mentioned Lost but it's great like that. And I don't want to spoil Dana but yeah it's fun.

I played on PC though

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
The only Ys I've played was the one on Vita (Memories of Celceta?), but I quite enjoyed it.

Mega64 posted:

Do it! We always want more threads in Games, especially those that aren't just another random game megathread.

Well, if you think it'll fit better in Games than it would PYF, I'm happy to try to make one over the weekend. :)

Ever since I first started playing games as a kid, I'd find myself going to particular places in the games I played, setting the controller down, and just..."vibing", as the kids say. :kiddo: I figure I can't be the only one who has a soft spot for certain Zelda houses or the aquarium room in Mario 64, for example.

Nowadays it's relaxing to do while smoking weed.

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jun 25, 2022

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Only way to get through every day in this hell

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Ever since I first started playing games as a kid, I'd find myself going to particular places in the games I played, setting the controller down, and just..."vibing", as the kids say. :kiddo: I figure I can't be the only one who has a soft spot for certain Zelda houses or the aquarium room in Mario 64.l, for example.

Majula in dark souls 2 is my loving jam and hang out

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Bloop posted:

That one's even more of a black sheep than zelda 2 itself since it's been effectively replaced by its remake, Oath in Felghana, which is one of the most iconic entries here and also completely changes the gameplay.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
So is there a good/best Ys on switch to play with zero Ys knowledge

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013
Glad that the Capcom Fighting Collection corrected the Switch's one fatal flaw: not having Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo on it. Everything else I could take or leave (mostly leave), but that's the price you pay to chase that sweet "got a little high at 1am in the dorm room" vibe.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

The Bloop posted:

So is there a good/best Ys on switch to play with zero Ys knowledge

From my hour of playing it, and it being the only game in the series I've touched: Ys VIII seems fun :v:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Morter posted:

From my hour of playing it, and it being the only game in the series I've touched: Ys VIII seems fun :v:

This is my experience as well.

I really should play the damned thing. :negative:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Barreft posted:

I just loved exploring a strange island and also playing as two different characters. 9 is just you in a drab castle setting where you also have to play yourself in the same drab castle setting.

ys IX is good

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I like the gameplay of Ys IX and even the concept of being set in a single open city, but yeah, they really should've put more work into making the city far more visually interesting. It's just so dull to look at, despite my enjoyment of sprinting up buildings and collecting whatevers.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Ever since I first started playing games as a kid, I'd find myself going to particular places in the games I played, setting the controller down, and just..."vibing", as the kids say. :kiddo: I figure I can't be the only one who has a soft spot for certain Zelda houses or the aquarium room in Mario 64, for example.

The museum in AC:NH is great for this. Actually, I guess pretty much all of AC:NH fits the bill.

You know a game is chill when it literally doesn't even have a pause function, because wtf is gonna happen to you if you walk away from a game of Animal Crossing?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
So I'm slowly plodding my way through Kirby at a rate of a stage a day and my opinion of it started out at 'why are goons going mental about this' and gets slightly better with every stage and it's permutation of stupid inanimate objects Kirby turns into so I assume by the time I finish I will be hooting and hollering GOTY despite having put 200 hours into Elden ring

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Very cool! I too have been dabbling at the Kirby. I played the first world when it came out, just getting back to it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

So I'm slowly plodding my way through Kirby at a rate of a stage a day and my opinion of it started out at 'why are goons going mental about this' and gets slightly better with every stage and it's permutation of stupid inanimate objects Kirby turns into so I assume by the time I finish I will be hooting and hollering GOTY despite having put 200 hours into Elden ring

Yep. It’s a masterclass in game and level design.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Barreft posted:

Three Hopes is really good

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

It feels like a perfect blend of Mario Odyssey's creativity and sillyness, with 3D World's sharp level design and the overall superior character of Kirby. Just a mirror polish of Nintendo's current design approach, I don't think any other game has felt this good in the hands.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
The 3D world comparison stands out most to me. The levels are clearly all linear platforming exercises but it feels tighter and more compelling than 3D world which I liked a lot

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

why take a digital poop when i can take a real poop

If you don't want to accidentally dig up a tree or break a rock in one blow

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Barreft posted:

The games rules. You get shipwrecked on a island, and have to explore and find people again, also while getting your home fort attacked by island monsters all the time.

I hated IX after playing 8

I'd like it better without the fort defense mode, it's so tedious.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

No joke, I yelled “gently caress YEAH” at the TV after absorbing the “final” level inanimate object. Kirby is so good.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I really like Kirby and I also play like, one level a day. I don’t know how to explain it but it just feels like it’s meant to be finished over a long period of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I did the same when I first played it (although not at the glacial weirdo pace of one level a day) because I didn’t want to blow through it too quick.