Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i thought milan were rich now or something. indian billionaires or redbird idk theres too much stuff to remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

phwoar did someone say jimmy milner with cornrows

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

He has previous with this one at least.

Edu does as well, for whatever that’s worth.

I think it makes sense, Jesus gets to be the real featured forward and also matches the type of game Arteta wants much better. He’s been actually scoring in the second half of the year, which is better than most of the internal options Arsenal have, and there’s fewer question marks about adjusting to the Premier League than with some of the other options listed before.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

tbp posted:

i thought milan were rich now or something. indian billionaires or redbird idk theres too much stuff to remember

You're thinking of Blackburn for both of these

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1540535754165604352

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1540601535377334273

lomzus fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jun 25, 2022

whostolemyhat
Jan 15, 2014

Newcastle have now got Pope and Wood and used to be a bit poo poo, so there must be a joke in there somewhere

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

They were just sold by one American investment group to another American investment group (a minority owner of Liverpool btw). The new owners don't officially take over until after the transfer market is closed so they can't put in any money right now, and the old owners aren't willing to spend on players in the meantime.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I expect Milan’s window to be very minimal since that takeover. Like maybe we sign a few wanataway players on loan. We already have Origi and Yacine Adli as done deals; what we really need is a backup CB and someone to play behind the striker(s). We won’t be getting Sanches most likely so I hope there’s an alternative in the works.

Really the starting 11 is pretty set other than the aforementioned trequartista. We’ll probably bomb out of the CL early again but the squad is still good enough to compete for the league title.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1540714724991459330?s=21&t=vhsZGacpLT7MniaIw-0l6w

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Cali does have some nice golf courses

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Jose posted:

You're thinking of Blackburn for both of these

ketchupcatsup.gif

but in italian

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1540758077888135170

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
welcome to america gary, see you in austin in august

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Not sure how to feel about this. His performance might be worth 380k/week in the current market but it would massively undermine the wage structure and open the door to more wage renegotiations. 60M seems low though, unless they can somehow buy another young star for pennies.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Who else is gonna pay him that much though lol. Madrid or City, maybe. No one else has that kind of money. And that’s not even including the transfer fee.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Vegetable posted:

Who else is gonna pay him that much though lol. Madrid or City, maybe. No one else has that kind of money. And that’s not even including the transfer fee.

psg's front line is looking a bit thin

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Akbar posted:

Not sure how to feel about this. His performance might be worth 380k/week in the current market but it would massively undermine the wage structure and open the door to more wage renegotiations. 60M seems low though, unless they can somehow buy another young star for pennies.

Everyone knows he'll likely be off on a Bosman by the end of next season. It really doesn't lead to big fees unless there's a bidding war involved.

Vegetable posted:

And this is why you're not seeing a bidding war. Who can afford the wage?

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
ASM and Salah gonna tear up the league

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
big fan of Gary B and his impending presence in a far more competitive and exciting league

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
ESPN saying they have "sources," confirming Gabriel Jesus is bound for Arsenal £40m plus add ons, and saying they are still pushing for Raphina. Would like them to instead focus on getting a good midfielder since we currently have Thomas Partey as the only competent player there and he is playing 2/3 of a season every year.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I suspect announcing those two will sway any unsure midfield targets, no doubt be linked to Rabiot aswell as Tielemans.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The athletic reporting that Lille have finally accepted a bid for Botman by Newcastle and he'll have a medical next week.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Meanwhile, at Old Trafford

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1541092886573420548

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Kalvin fee has been agreed apparently, article said that 'out of loyalty' he'd only go to city which suggests there must have been a conversation with man u

e: the post up the page already says that the fee was agreed, thought they were still going back and forth lmao

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

Kalvin fee has been agreed apparently, article said that 'out of loyalty' he'd only go to city which suggests there must have been a conversation with man u

Yeah Man Utd have been rumoured to be sniffing around for years. Ole in particular was a big fan (apparently), but the word has always been "lol no"

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1541109478166347778

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

£45m seems a lot for a guy that hasn't really convinced anyone.

That said, Arsenal business last season looked shocking and the people they signed were good

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Jesus and Raphinha feels like something that could get your attention until they both succumbed to arsenalitis

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Whose tats are in the photo? They just shopped his head on, right?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Looks like it could be his real tattoos

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It’s a solid fit for Arsenal. At least he, unlike Lacazette, works pretty hard and could play across the front three. He’s got enough experience at the right level, is young enough and isn’t too expensive. Plus he’s not such a marquee signing that makes him impossible to drop. Nketiah should still get a good chunk of games. Good piece of business.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Vegetable posted:

It’s a solid fit for Arsenal. At least he, unlike Lacazette, works pretty hard and could play across the front three. He’s got enough experience at the right level, is young enough and isn’t too expensive. Plus he’s not such a marquee signing that makes him impossible to drop. Nketiah should still get a good chunk of games. Good piece of business.

This is a weird take. Whenever I watched lacazette play I was always impressed by how much off the ball work and running back he did.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Personally, as an Arsenal fan before the injury, I think Lacazette worked hard but his issue was fitness: he rarely managed 90 minutes and was usually blowing out of his arse by 70.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

such a man u signing

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Nice value :hmmyes:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

On Lacazette, I’m conflating inefficacy with lack of effort. He did work hard — by dropping very deep, He wasn’t remotely fast enough to get back in the box and it gave this impression of him being missing.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Howard Webb is going to be the head of PGMOL, so that's a pretty big signing for you

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Lot's of people claiming that Suarez is signing with River and Cavani might be signing with Boca...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
gabriel jesus was the type of striker to go 10+ games without a meaningful goal in a man city team that fed him way more chances than arsenal will so that bodes well