Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

oh good im glad joes first speech today is to tell people to not resort to violence thanks brandon love ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

whatever you do, don't actually try to change things! it'll hurt our fundraising and makes cops sad

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
lmao the Dems are such a useless party they’ve even lost me

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I feel like Dems are gonna be really confused when this doesn’t translate into more fundraising money and will assume it means that no one really cared about abortion rights

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
it's absolutely going to translate into more fundraising money

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

born on a buy you posted:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

born on a buy you posted:

look at this guy who loves kissing the republicans

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
drat straight

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Jonny 290 posted:

Yeah stop telling people to go get murdered by cops for no gain smoka

Face it. everybody says 400 million guns in america but 398m of them are in the hands of the far right. and the leftist ones that have them get hunted down and murdered by pigs

its over

its because “leftists” love to systematically disarm themselves.

lol, just lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

guns suck

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

repeal the second. take away everyone’s guns

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

also ban tasers

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

another two days. brace yourselves

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

akadajet posted:

repeal the second. take away everyone’s guns

Nanh

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Kenny Logins posted:

another two days. brace yourselves

lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
tbh tori's not that bad he just gets a little manic sometimes and needs a time out

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Jonny 290 posted:

Yeah stop telling people to go get murdered by cops for no gain smoka

Face it. everybody says 400 million guns in america but 398m of them are in the hands of the far right. and the leftist ones that have them get hunted down and murdered by pigs

its over

i'm going to start looking into anything that i could do to help people in the states get into canada and then just not leave

moonshine is......
Feb 21, 2007

just checking into the hellworld thread to say i'm not looking forward to nov 8. it's disappointing watching this downwards slide and thinking to myself i should get out of mainland us/us in general, but not wanting to leave my family and friends.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

its because “leftists” love to systematically disarm themselves.

lol, just lol

you're 50% more likely to successfully commit suicide if you have access to a gun if i remember the stat

and self defense with a gun is a myth made by gun companies to justify selling more guns

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
"armed left" doesnt necessarily man "machine guns lying around that people airhole themselves with when they get drunk"

there are ways to run secure storage if you organize and coordinate a militia but lol, lefties

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

there are also ways to mitigate the risk of self-harm; i know plenty of people that have a lock-enforced "no lone" rule to some extent or another.

the math also changes somewhat when you have a bunch of people saturating every possible outlet with the message "WE ARE GOING TO KILL YOU WITH GUNS". is a multiple-data-center total destruction scenario really a black swan event when there's somebody announcing they have the intent, capability/high explosives, and opportunity to do it?

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

all y'all are nerds that have PCs to game with, go buy/download and play Receiver 2 for a bit. it explores the concept in depth (albeit in a fictional setting/situation because that's, y'know, less terrifying than the real world)

Receiver 2 posted:

Although some thoughts and tools are extremely dangerous, we don't arbitrarily limit what we can use. Rather, we strive to better understand ourselves and our environment, so that we may safely handle even the most dangerous situations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Improbable Lobster posted:

you're 50% more likely to successfully commit suicide if you have access to a gun if i remember the stat

and self defense with a gun is a myth made by gun companies to justify selling more guns

fake news

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Jonny 290 posted:

puerto rico's in the same sitch but at least hawaii got statehood.

did you know its illegal for a puerto rican to own more than a couple guns and all ammo is tracked in a db

You also can't get certain social benefits despite being a US citizen. PR citizens aren't eligible for social security, medicare/medicaid, etc despite paying taxes into these services. Lol

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

You also can't get certain social benefits despite being a US citizen. PR citizens aren't eligible for social security, medicare/medicaid, etc despite paying taxes into these services. Lol

imperialism owns

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Jonny 290 posted:

"armed left" doesnt necessarily man "machine guns lying around that people airhole themselves with when they get drunk"

there are ways to run secure storage if you organize and coordinate a militia but lol, lefties

i'm talking about having a hunting rifle in the garage or other small firearm you would potentially keep in your house. any lefty militia that starts arming themselves is gonna get raided pretty quick lol

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i am at least kind of optimistic about organization happening. occupy wall street was tiny but big news at the time because it seemed kind of strange and harmless at the time, but seems to me people are increasingly going out and doing things, not that it gets very widely reported (as that is not in the interest of the media). for the most part the actual things people are doing are futile, but getting people together and talking is how things can actually happen.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
hunting owns

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
you know i havent participated in the voting process in a long time, but i think im going to get back into it and vote for whoever i think can bench the most plates

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

That's a good idea. We should have fitness competitions along with the fake "debates." I'm also open to the idea of a swimsuit competition

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Bernie shows up in a neon yellow banana hammock. Trump has lifeguard red trunks but keeps his shirt on. Biden swims in gym shorts

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
biden did challenge that one dude to push ups

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

kitten emergency posted:

biden did challenge that one dude to push ups

is this the “listen, fat” guy? there is no honor in defeating a foe that is clearly weaker

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Truman Peyote posted:

is this the “listen, fat” guy? there is no honor in defeating a foe that is clearly weaker

i think it was a different dude but maybe it was the listen fat guy

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i am at least kind of optimistic about organization happening. occupy wall street was tiny but big news at the time because it seemed kind of strange and harmless at the time, but seems to me people are increasingly going out and doing things, not that it gets very widely reported (as that is not in the interest of the media). for the most part the actual things people are doing are futile, but getting people together and talking is how things can actually happen.

i think that local organization is the key to future success. community networks and finding other likeminded people that can help each other out if things start going bad.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Truman Peyote posted:

crushing the weak is good practice

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

PokeJoe posted:

Bernie shows up in a neon yellow banana hammock. Trump has lifeguard red trunks but keeps his shirt on. Biden swims in gym shorts

Trump also has arm floaties and he won't go near the water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

crushing the weak is good practice

and what's he supposed to do? he's running for president! challenge W and get his rear end handed to him on live tv? c'mon, man