Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Inspector Hound posted:

I like the first few episodes of The Bear on Hulu. How do I find a restaurant like this?

Based on the plot summary, Bub and Pops in DC seems to fit the bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

i like Elizabeth Olsen but her trying to be genuinely evil was phoned in and that movie sucked lol

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Hmm I’m trying to figure out if I even liked it. I think it was fine, like I can sit thru it a few more times with friends on rewatch. There might be something there ? But yeah I guess I don’t really “get” dr strange. He doesn’t seem like a good guy or a bad guy he’s just kinda there. I’ll have to watch it again

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

the only good part was Haley atwell as captain carter

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I didn’t really get that part, but I haven’t seen what if. John krasinski was also very random lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

me either but I liked agent carter:)

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Is multiverse already on streaming?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Class Warcraft posted:

Is multiverse already on streaming?

Went up on Disney Plus earlier than planned yesterday

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I watched Mad God and Dr Strange 2 back to back and the visuals in Strange 2 were really underwhelming compared to Mad God.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I started the new doctor strange movie but it seems pretty bad so far

Edit: I gave up on it and I'm watching Ms. Marvel instead.

mystes fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 24, 2022

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I’m watching the bear show. I love a good in your face creepazoid food service program. Lol I’m on ep 2 and Joel Mchale is the perfect rear end in a top hat fancy chef dickhead

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Ugh they’re doing a subplot about embracing sobriety why

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the best parts of Dr. Strange 2:

- Captain Carter is the literal best Cap we've ever seen and deserves, but won't get, her own movie
- "who said they had to be.... ALIVE?!?!?!"

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

ruddiger posted:

I watched Mad God and Dr Strange 2 back to back and the visuals in Strange 2 were really underwhelming compared to Mad God.

I don't doubt this but what movie would you even put up to hold its own in visual imagination against Mad God? Fantastic Planet?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I felt bad for getting sleepy during Mad God, it's chock full of artistry and detail that must have taken 2000 years to make, just an incredible labor, but after a while i was just like "yeah i get it, this is society, maaan. Is this like, a Pink Floyd video?"
But this is probably my own fault for catching it on Shudder n skipping multiple opportunities to see it in theaters

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

precision posted:

Umbrella Academy s3 is starting off HECKIN strong. the first episode is basically better than all of S2

Yep, it's fun. I don't like superhero stories, but I make a few exceptions. Just saw the drug store fight scene and it's a dumb stupid mess and I'm entertained. There is an air of real cheapness to the show this time around, or is it just me? Either way I don't care.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I felt bad for getting sleepy during Mad God, it's chock full of artistry and detail that must have taken 2000 years to make, just an incredible labor, but after a while i was just like "yeah i get it, this is society, maaan. Is this like, a Pink Floyd video?"
But this is probably my own fault for catching it on Shudder n skipping multiple opportunities to see it in theaters

I felt the same. There’s not much to latch onto besides the visuals.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

A MIRACLE posted:

I’m watching the bear show. I love a good in your face creepazoid food service program. Lol I’m on ep 2 and Joel Mchale is the perfect rear end in a top hat fancy chef dickhead

The vibe of the show is really off putting. I get they are trying to capture the frenzy of a fast paced kitchen, and it’s only a half hour drama but man both episodes I watched were just non-stop yelling and 4 people shouting exposition in rapid succession. I don’t have a ton of hope they’ll do anything interesting with the premise.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Vanilla Bison posted:

I don't doubt this but what movie would you even put up to hold its own in visual imagination against Mad God? Fantastic Planet?

Enter the Void.
At least those were the vibes I got as I watched it.

Mad God is pretty good.
Sometimes it feels like a mashup of multiple films. Kinda haphazardly made.
The consistency between the cameras used is offputting.

Like one moment is absolutely flawless, practically lifelike stop-motion on a standard film (35mm?) camera.
Then the next cut is digital video of minatures
And following cut is janky looking stop motion, good stop motion, CGI and standard footage all in the same goddamn frame.

I like the usage of this technique.. but this movie does it so jarringly it knocks me out of the experience.

EDIT: it would have been better off as a replacement for Disney World's It's a Small World ride.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 25, 2022

Mr. Toodles
Jun 22, 2004

I support prison abolition, except for posters without avatars.
Just started the watching The Old Man on Hulu. Only three episodes out so far but digging it. Whoever they have playing young John Lithgow might as well be John Lithgow in some age defying CGI, because he is playing him to a T (in his albeit short scene).

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

A MIRACLE posted:

Also the hobbit sequels were legit. Especially the extended versions

I'm a huge Tolkien fan, loved the LOTR movies, read the Silmarillion 3-4 times, etc

I was the first Hobbit movie in theaters and it was so bad I lost all desire to see the sequels

The scene where they do twenty minutes of being chased/doing physical comedy in the goblin tunnels is possibly the nadir of cinema

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Same. I’ll always advocate for stop-motion but Mad God is all spectacle and no substance. It’s worth watching and obviously a labor of love but I don’t know that I’d call it a good movie. Or even a movie at all.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
I dunno why people call Mad God stop motion. It's mixed media.

Just watched The Triangle and Emilie back to back. both have a very questionable primary character that's stuck in a self imposed loop
The Triangle makes more sense than Emilie.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jun 25, 2022

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I liked the weird cartoon goblins

For the restaurant show, it kinda goes thru different characters per episode. It gets pretty good when they start working together and bonding and stuff

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

For some reason there's a new Beavis and Butthead movie (on Paramount Plus)

I think I might be stupid but I liked it.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Martman posted:

For some reason there's a new Beavis and Butthead movie (on Paramount Plus)

I think I might be stupid but I liked it.

I loved it! And I am definitely stupid

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Barry Foster posted:

I loved it! And I am definitely stupid

Smart Beavis and Smart Butthead were so god damned funny

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Enos Cabell posted:

Smart Beavis and Smart Butthead were so god damned funny

Hmm yes most droll yes most amusing hmm yes

EDIT also the punchline at the end about their smartness was brilliant

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Wolfsheim posted:

I'm a huge Tolkien fan, loved the LOTR movies, read the Silmarillion 3-4 times, etc

I was the first Hobbit movie in theaters and it was so bad I lost all desire to see the sequels

The scene where they do twenty minutes of being chased/doing physical comedy in the goblin tunnels is possibly the nadir of cinema

I think I've mentioned it here but the bilbo edition is a pretty decent fan cut of the trilogy, it sticks pretty close to the books and ignores most if not all of what makes those movies terrible.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I'd love to watch the new B&B movie but there's literally no force on earth that could compel me to sign up for Paramount+ so maybe it'll crash and burn soon and they'll sell their library off to some other service I already have.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Baron von Eevl posted:

I'd love to watch the new B&B movie but there's literally no force on earth that could compel me to sign up for Paramount+ so maybe it'll crash and burn soon and they'll sell their library off to some other service I already have.

You can get a month free with the promo code PLAYERS right now, unless it's the principal of the thing.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I’m gonna watch it :ninja:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
A miracle you're like my stupid pot head cousin that has generally good ideas and thoughts on things. I like you.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I'm trialling Shudder for the week and just watched You Might Be the Killer which was good fun, but slightly overstayed its welcome. I probably should have subbed Shudder ages ago as it clearly has a lot of the crappy B-movies I like to watch, but which Netflix doesn't have enough of. I've already identified a number of movies that suit this requirement.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Holy poo poo this is convoluted. Watching all of this was a massive waste of my life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihcXKSg2i8s

Can't wait for the new season!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Holy poo poo this is convoluted. Watching all of this was a massive waste of my life

It's loving insane how much worse this show got from season 1 to season 2 and finally to the complete mess that was season 3.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Having only watched season 1 and like 2 episodes of season 2 I'm pretty impressed at how much more insanely convoluted it managed to get based on that video, wow

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I love how everybody is Dolores in season 3

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Baron von Eevl posted:

If you have kids it is pretty good, my son and I watch mad Rocko and Spongebob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Binged The White Lotus this weekend, I really enjoyed it. It starts off fairly light comedy but has surprising depth and some great dark comedy moments.