Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
really, can you imagine a real deal ape holder saying "sorry" after bumping you in NYC? like bro, you'd lose all credibility on the blockchain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Very pissed right now. Been scoping out a bitcoin on my uncle's property for a few days now, he missed his daily jaunt down to the creek today and I wind up finding a mining rig and dried strawberries. Only three people have permission to mine there - two of them are my dad and I and the third doesn't mine. Some nutless piece of poo poo drove right by the house, including opening and closing a gate, and poached a bitcoin off us.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Can you defrag the blockchain or put da chain on a SSD?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

Can you defrag the blockchain or put da chain on a SSD?

I think this is a "hard wallet."

edit: honestly I have no idea. I just wanted to say hard wallet

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Also is there still a teletubbies bitcoin and/or nft scam going on or did that loving pop

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Unperson_47 posted:

I think this is a "hard wallet."

edit: honestly I have no idea. I just wanted to say hard wallet

I refuse to look it up, but I'd be there's some company out there telling people that they need to be worried about cosmic rays flipping data in their hardware wallets, and offering "radiation hardened" hard wallets lined with lead. Which is a cop-out! If you're gonna rip off the coiners, tell them they really need a RAD5500 and hardened memory to protect their data.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Karia posted:

I refuse to look it up, but I'd be there's some company out there telling people that they need to be worried about cosmic rays flipping data in their hardware wallets, and offering "radiation hardened" hard wallets lined with lead. Which is a cop-out! If you're gonna rip off the coiners, tell them they really need a RAD5500 and hardened memory to protect their data.

Cosmic rays, that's a loving throwback scam if I ever remember one.

ChronoBasher
Jul 2, 2007

Karia posted:

Or how about just a plain old backup at a separate physical location. I'd be more worried about the mining rig burning the building down with the hardware wallet rather then some cosmic rays.

I guess the point of the hardware wallet is the private key never leaves it, but still, not having a backup and losing the wallet due to theft/loss/destruction seems more likely.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I found the blockchain on a dead drop USB drive, and threw it away.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

the drat nouveau reeeeee

lmao

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Neito posted:

Cosmic rays, that's a loving throwback scam if I ever remember one.

I got exposed to cosmic rays and now I have to hang out with my sister, her husband, and She-Hulk.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Golden Bee posted:

I got exposed to cosmic rays and now I have to hang out with my sister, her husband, and She-Hulk.

Better than having that know it all prick Reed Richards as a roommate.

At least with someone like the Thing, yeah he’s an rear end in a top hat, but at least he’s fun to party with.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

istewart posted:

Why is this a story that needed to be told right now?

Is it maybe because the NYT reporter has easy access to low-hanging fruit contacts through Twitter and a bunch of Discords they’ve joined? (And possibly also that their editors are up to their eyeballs in this garbage?)

If we're lucky it'll motivate Republicans to ban cryptocurrency.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Low key want the attendee list from apefest so I can catfish and grift those weirdos with girl bot accounts

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

NO SLURPING THE PIZZA!

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

ChronoBasher posted:

Or how about just a plain old backup at a separate physical location. I'd be more worried about the mining rig burning the building down with the hardware wallet rather then some cosmic rays.

I guess the point of the hardware wallet is the private key never leaves it, but still, not having a backup and losing the wallet due to theft/loss/destruction seems more likely.

offer to print the wallet out on paper and store it in a physical vault.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

ChronoBasher posted:

Or some error correction code

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Futures expiration was yesterday, so now the next target we watch for is July 29th, to see what happens between now and then.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Booyah- posted:

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1540430157760061441

what is even going to be left of Celsius after the bankruptcy

I guess a customer list of known suckers has to be worth something.

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

Can someone tell me what he's talking about here? What behavior? Bumping someone?

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

After the past few days of this thread, the word "ape" has lost all meaning.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The :2004: meme but for 2022 apes

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

look at this ape aping my ape better not ape my apes or there will be apes to ape

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

small butter posted:

Can someone tell me what he's talking about here? What behavior? Bumping someone?

I think New Ape accidentally bumped into OG Ape on the sidewalk (or his pizza box did? I guess that's New Ape eating the pizza maybe?) and New Ape didn't immediately apologize with sufficient deference. Why anybody was supposed to recognize this mfer on sight and what proper respect is supposed to look like I have no goddamned idea.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

small butter posted:

after a bunch of people mocked this tweet, he started claiming that the person in question "shoved" a girl who was with them. which is something you'd think he'd lead with if it really happened instead of amending it into the story after everyone made fun of him.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 25, 2022

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRHqs8SffDo

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

run on sentience posted:

I expected the future to be this terrible but for some reason I didn't expect it to be this stupid.

buttcoin

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

after a bunch of people mocked this tweet, he started claiming that the person in question "shoved" a girl who was with them. which is something you'd think he'd lead with if it really happened instead of amending it into the story after everyone made fun of you.
Like an ape-holder would have such companionship

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

at apefest having the time of my life with a bunch of apes. they're all just out of frame, laughing too.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

shitcoin (like poo poo from a butt)

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Booyah- posted:

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1540430157760061441

what is even going to be left of Celsius after the bankruptcy

They probably have assets/investments that can't be easily liquidated and GS is looking to buy for pennies on the dollar

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YKXHbnsShA

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
these guys calling themselves apes, the first thing i think every time is the big guy who really hated supreme, called himself "the ape" and terrorized hypebeasts and supreme store employees in like 2016. "IT'S THE APE... gently caress SUPREME. BANGIN' ON MY CHEST"

it'd be way funnier and cooler if these guys calling themselves apes were just a violent cargo cult based on those six year old viral videos and just walked around ripping people's hats off and menacing them if they wear supreme, instead of what they are, which can't be lamer

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

after a bunch of people mocked this tweet, he started claiming that the person in question "shoved" a girl who was with them. which is something you'd think he'd lead with if it really happened instead of amending it into the story after everyone made fun of you.

He amended it again saying this guy actually murdered 2 people at apecon. Don’t you feel bad now taking the side of a murderer?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

He amended it again saying this guy actually murdered 2 people at apecon. Don’t you feel bad now taking the side of a murderer?

Those were cryptocurrency enthusiasts, not people.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

these guys calling themselves apes, the first thing i think every time is the big guy who really hated supreme, called himself "the ape" and terrorized hypebeasts and supreme store employees in like 2016. "IT'S THE APE... gently caress SUPREME. BANGIN' ON MY CHEST"

I have no loving clue what any of the things you mentioned are

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Salt Fish posted:

The :2004: meme but for 2022 apes

I thought it was 2001 that had all the apes?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Scratch Monkey posted:

I have no loving clue what any of the things you mentioned are

i envy you

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

it'd be way funnier and cooler if these guys calling themselves apes were just a violent cargo cult based on those six year old viral videos and just walked around ripping people's hats off and menacing them if they wear supreme, instead of what they are, which can't be lamer

What in the ever loving gently caress is this post talking about lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

tehinternet posted:

Better than having that know it all prick Reed Richards as a roommate.

At least with someone like the Thing, yeah he’s an rear end in a top hat, but at least he’s fun to party with.

... Reed Richards is Sue Storm's husband though?