Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

roomtone posted:

nobody feels good in the end, the cause you are relying on to justify being a dick gains nothing, it's a circlejerk of poo poo.

I feel good at the end, you don't speak for everyone.

I didn't watch that particular video vecause lol at watching reaction vids but actual comedians clowning on shitheads is fine and good.

Do you think if people are nice enough and stop being mean they'll come around?

Fuckin lmao, you should run for office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Analytic Engine posted:

there was a trans Jeopardy champion a few months ago and she was undeniable

CPL593H posted:

Amy Schneider. She ended with the second longest winning streak after Ken Jennings and is number four in earnings. I watch Jeopardy every night and I was sad to see her go.

She threw the first pitch for a Giants-Dodgers game for Pride Day, and Fox Sports replaced that footage with someone else's first pitch because they're giant assholes.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
His writers wans him dowm. and I dig it/

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Dicky Verygayus

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I feel good at the end, you don't speak for everyone.

I didn't watch that particular video vecause lol at watching reaction vids but actual comedians clowning on shitheads is fine and good.

Do you think if people are nice enough and stop being mean they'll come around?

Fuckin lmao, you should run for office.
are you doing a bit?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Who knew the 'going all out' would come from inside the thread?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

InsertPotPun posted:

are you doing a bit?

your first silvergun superman encounter?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's not comedy on purpose but Ben Shapiro is melting down because Fox News shared a positive story about a trans teenager born to conservative parents and he's screaming that it's a "betrayal" in his typical Gish gallop way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrHHErL_7_c

my religion forbids me from viewing horrible content so I will not be watching vaush even if he's dunking on that kermit-sounding motherfucker

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I know, I didn't realize he sucked until I watched it myself, I mistook it for an earlier video I couldn't refind

I replaced it with a much better video

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

roomtone posted:

that's basically just what liberal comedians have been doing for 30 years though. it's been going on since at least bill hicks. and like people are saying on the page, it just turns people into assholes in general. also it's kind of stupid because those grifters like ben shapiro rely just as much on getting a reaction out of the libs as they do their own audience. nobody feels good in the end, the cause you are relying on to justify being a dick gains nothing, it's a circlejerk of poo poo.
liberal comics making fun of lovely right wing idiots is actually cool and good and doesn't turn people who weren't already assholes into assholes, there is a lot of literature supporting me on this but i'm not going to post it

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

tetsuo posted:

there is a lot of literature supporting me on this but i'm not going to post it

me too

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

tetsuo posted:

liberal comics making fun of lovely right wing idiots is actually cool and good and doesn't turn people who weren't already assholes into assholes, there is a lot of literature supporting me on this but i'm not going to post it

Does someone have the drawing where Mallard Fillmore drunkenly crashes his car into a hippie van containing the Doonesbury characters on purpose because Google image search is not helping me

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oh Jesus I guess it came from here

I can't remember what this dudes name was. Didn't he draw pancakes on people's heads? I mean obviously Faithmouse but I don't know his actual name

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

Can we please get back to me being fat amd having an awful penis

What's this about having an awfully fat penis?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

Can we please get back to me being fat amd having an awful penis

My brother got me a Stavvy Baby calendar for Christmas and it's pretty great.

:nws:
https://imgur.com/AvpFDfv
https://imgur.com/lIPl7L2

YeahTubaMike posted:

She threw the first pitch for a Giants-Dodgers game for Pride Day, and Fox Sports replaced that footage with someone else's first pitch because they're giant assholes.

I heard about that. I'm the opposite of shocked.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

my religion forbids me from viewing horrible content so I will not be watching vaush even if he's dunking on that kermit-sounding motherfucker

Jordan Peterson is the Kermit one. Ben Shapiro sounds more like a chipmunk on coke.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Aesop Poprock posted:

Oh Jesus I guess it came from here

I can't remember what this dudes name was. Didn't he draw pancakes on people's heads? I mean obviously Faithmouse but I don't know his actual name

Dan Lacey, and checking that I just found out he died in February.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What he did?? Covid?

Nevermind, brain cancer. He was in his 60s which I never would have guessed

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

CPL593H posted:

My brother got me a Stavvy Baby calendar for Christmas and it's pretty great.

https://imgur.com/AvpFDfv

Thread saved! Changing my vote.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Aesop Poprock posted:

What he did?? Covid?

Brain cancer apparently. Not that funny really, but still funnier than Ricky Gervaise.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Unkempt posted:

Brain cancer apparently. Not that funny really, but still funnier than Ricky Gervaise.

That's kind of upsetting to be honest. I had no idea. I figured he was older than me but I was thinking like 40s and had no idea he died like that. Brain cancer is a pretty fast acting thing though

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021

Vegetable posted:

this made me lol

someone start a thread for youtube faces

There was a thread for youtube thumbnails a while back.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Just got here. How mad are we supposed to be about this show?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

very, it's a nerd crying for half an hour about Star Wars being too woke and also bad

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

roomtone posted:

that's basically just what liberal comedians have been doing for 30 years though. it's been going on since at least bill hicks. and like people are saying on the page, it just turns people into assholes in general. also it's kind of stupid because those grifters like ben shapiro rely just as much on getting a reaction out of the libs as they do their own audience. nobody feels good in the end, the cause you are relying on to justify being a dick gains nothing, it's a circlejerk of poo poo.

Agreed.

I used to think Jon Steward and Dave Chappell were honest people speaking truth to power, but 20 years later all their words mean nothing as they jerk each other off while the world burns.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i don't really get the "speaking truth to power" thing, power knows whats goin on

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

I think people like Ricky Gervaids and Dave Chappelle making jokes about people is funny. Except for when those jokes are about me, then they can gently caress right off because nobody thinks thats funny.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Bar Patron posted:

I think people like Ricky Gervaids and Dave Chappelle making jokes about people is funny. Except for when those jokes are about me, then they can gently caress right off because nobody thinks thats funny.

usually jokes are a bit more interesting than "trans women are blokes" but whatever i'm pretty sure ricky thinks he is joking

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

usually jokes are a bit more interesting than "trans women are blokes" but whatever i'm pretty sure ricky thinks he is joking

The suspense sitting in the audience waiting for that unknown punch line. "Oh they're blokes lol" :golfclap:

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I've been a Ricky Gervais fan ever since The 11 'O Clock Show and I have to say, I was very disappointed by Supernature.

Not angry at the trans jokes or anything, the show just wasn't very funny, and some of his material was things he'd said on David Letterman way back when which felt pretty lazy.

Still maintain "Politics" is his best standup show.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I think he wants to be taken seriously as a comedian he should start calling himself Richard. Ricky is a little boy's name.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Cant change the name. He has a little boy’s body, facial hair, sense of humor, and laugh. It’s part of the gimmick.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
And look where that's gotten him. No it's time for him to mature as an artist and make a career out it.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Dell_Zincht posted:

I've been a Ricky Gervais fan ever since The 11 'O Clock Show and I have to say, I was very disappointed by Supernature.

Not angry at the trans jokes or anything, the show just wasn't very funny, and some of his material was things he'd said on David Letterman way back when which felt pretty lazy.

Still maintain "Politics" is his best standup show.

i don't even care about anti trans jokes that much (though it's annoying to hear the audience braying like donkeys at the literal same joke that's been told in the UK about us since basically forever) it's mainly that it wasn't funny. 3/4s of the show was about other stuff (chinese people, women, cats??) and the only joke that landed was a really tame one about platypuses that he stole from someone else. not much payoff for an hour and £20 million

e: the sincere atheism bit would have been :discourse: in the early 00s though it wasn't even funny when carlin did it better

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jun 26, 2022

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

WTF???

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Unkempt posted:

Dan Lacey, and checking that I just found out he died in February.

Dan was an interesting guy with a ton of wit and personality. I wish he'd been a more active poster
The exact opposite of wizard master

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Kindly spoiler and label NSFW images in the thread. It looks like that one is an attachment or I would have edited it already.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I want to get cancelled!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
1.) "Serve the public trust"
2.) "Protect the innocent"
3.) "Uphold the law"
4.) "Big Naturals"

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Did Ricky get cancelled yet, or did he find out that nobody cares about him anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Bogus Adventure posted:

Did Ricky get cancelled yet, or did he find out that nobody cares about him anymore?

Goons don’t care about him anymore.

Which is meaningless, goons spend all their time adoring something and defending free speech until the magic moment of “but that upsets me”.. at which point the thing is bad and has always been bad and never been liked by anyone.

Followed by REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE when this is pointed out.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)