Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

weird because it seems like there's nothing you like more than giving larger messages a pass when there's a single stupid twig to latch on to

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

https://twitter.com/kyunglahcnn/status/1540573568089702404

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Who was it that said a woman's body has "natural defenses" against being impregnated by rape?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Xander77 posted:

Unveiling Republican hypocrisy has been a pointless "gotcha" for decades now, but this in particular has helped has caused the exact opposite of the... intended?... reaction.

A generation who kept getting called out "hey, if abortion is murder, why would there be an exception for incest and rape? Why are you just voting for Republicans rather than reacting the way you would to a genuine genocide?" didn't re-evaluate their ostensible stance on abortion, but rather raised a generation of true believers - abortion doctor murders who make no exception for rape, incest, or .

Maybe go with something else.
I am sorry my posting was so bad it got Roe v Wade overturned.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Technowolf posted:

Who was it that said a woman's body has "natural defenses" against being impregnated by rape?

Todd Akin, and it actually cost him his seat in 2012.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Technowolf posted:

Todd Akin, whose press secretary, Kellyanne Conway, best known as Trump's Press Secretary, whose husband founded the Lincoln Project dedicated to siphoning Dem funds away from Dem candidates and toward reactionaries

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

LIFE WINS!

President Trump commented on the Supreme Court overturning Roe V. Wade by saying “God made the decision.”

The comment brought about expected derision from the Democrats, of course. After all, they have been busy removing God from everything.

The Democrat leaders were predictably outraged. Even though there has been over 63 million deaths of unborn babies since Roe V. Wade was established in 1973, the Democrats consider abortion to be sacred. Of course, they call it ‘women’s health rights’ and not abortion. Dementia Joe, who was once against abortion, now feigns outrage. He questioned what would happen to women who are made pregnant by rape or incest. (Pedo Joe probably committed incest himself. After all, his family is rather screwed up). Most likely, abortions are performed out of convenience, not as a result of rape or incest. Democrats consider human beings to be disposable blobs of matter. This is a predictable attitude since most of them are Marxists and atheists.

Maxine Waters called for an insurrection against one of the three branches of government. Chuck Schumer threatened violence. There was support from Democrats for the protestors outside the Justices’ homes while they were still deliberating and although that’s against the law, nobody was locked up because Insurrection is fine when Democrats do it. They are, after all, above the law.

The Democrats want to blow things out of proportion in order to influence midterm voters. The Supreme Court did not ban abortion, they simply left it up to each individual state—the way it should have been all along. The power to decide has been restored to the people to a certain degree.

There is nothing about abortion in the Constitution so it’s clearly a state issue and it should have been all along. It’s also clear that the blue states will not make abortion unlawful. If anything, they will encourage more of it and right up to term.

Watch for the left to throw a tantrum over the SCOTUS decision. They will riot, loot and storm federal buildings calling for the Supreme Court to be dissolved.
Looks like an insurrection and a J24 committee should be formed right away.

Liberal tears are back on the menu boys!

— The GrrrTeam

Ah, well, no need to worry about how the babies will fare after being born, God's taking care of them!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Technowolf posted:

Todd Akin (efb): "If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."

Of course he didn't go on to elaborate that the stomach and duodenum also have ways to try to shut things down, but it doesn't always work, so we have alternatives like misoprostol to account for that. One of many different ways to adjust for incidences when what the body tries to do doesn't.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
How... how in the gently caress does Death have... I guess those are dragon feet?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Skios posted:

How... how in the gently caress does Death have... I guess those are dragon feet?
The grinch moonlights

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
If I had to guess, Tina realized partway through that she couldn't draw skeletal feet.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/LHeidhoff/status/1540373467731599360?s=20&t=Ve-Ju_wjjKW392f1PbOJ4g

I'm gonna say this counts, even though you need the tweet caption to really drive it home.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Xander77 posted:

Pointing out hypocrisy is one (mostly pointless) endeavor. "If you truly believed what you say you believe, you'd be doing a lot more harm in the following way" is an outright instruction for radicalization.

This relies on the very dubious assumption that they didn't want to do that harm anyway, and that the arguments they were making in public weren't a smokescreen to make their position sound less radical than it was.

Senate candidate Todd Akin said in 2012 that you don't need exceptions for rape because the woman's body will "shut that whole thing down", and that comes straight from Victorian-era beliefs that pregnancy is proof a woman is lying about being raped, when exactly were these halcyon days of sensible conservative attitudes toward sex and human reproduction

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

:yikeseroo:

Skios posted:

And in 2021, his body found a way to shut that whole thing down.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Skios posted:

Hard to believe it's been a decade. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if one of these fuckers could make that comment today, and still keep their seat.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Todd Akin (efb): "If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."

Of course he didn't go on to elaborate that the stomach and duodenum also have ways to try to shut things down, but it doesn't always work, so we have alternatives like misoprostol to account for that. One of many different ways to adjust for incidences when what the body tries to do doesn't.

I completely forgot about 'legitimate' rape.

As opposed to all that illegitimate rape.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Steve Benson

Steve Breen

Tim Campbell

Jeff Danziger

ASHAMED
  BOY

John Deering

Walt Handelsman

Clay Jones

Marshall Ramsey

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Tony Branco

quote:

Promises Kept: Overturning Roe vs Wade would not have happened if it were not for Trump picking the right Justices.

Gotta say, I was expecting a lot more void fetuses or angel babies and whatnot. Guess those will come after the weekend.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Even Death himself, who has known more suffering and misery than any other in the broad arc of human history, is brought to tears for knowledge of the fate so many will suffer under this ruling.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

time for filling in void fetus comics because gently caress these evil pieces of poo poo

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
I was expecting a full page of void fetus while cons did a victory lap. Maybe they're just hungover.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Death is like "gently caress, I'm already overworked with the covid pandemic, the war in Ukraine, and now I'm going to get another huge increase in my workload from all the women who are going to die from this."

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Raised By Birds posted:

Ah, well, no need to worry about how the babies will fare after being born, God's taking care of them!

Kellies nomination: worst Roe cartoon

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
It turns out abortion is not actually gone, even if you make a federal mandate. Won't Garrison be embarrassed when I tell him this, what a blunder

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Vib Rib posted:

It turns out abortion is not actually gone, even if you make a federal mandate. Won't Garrison be embarrassed when I tell him this, what a blunder

Except, as we all know, it was never about protecting fetuses, it was about punishing those filthy sex havers.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

One day we'll all get together and laugh about this, over a pile of roasting republicans.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Hihohe posted:

time for filling in void fetus comics because gently caress these evil pieces of poo poo

Kellies nomination: Best Edit

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Raised By Birds posted:

rant posted:

The power to decide has been restored to the people to a certain degree.

I know the usual suspects have no consistent ideology beyond "minorities should be made to suffer while no one should tell me what to do," but it somehow still floors me how loving nakedly self-declared libertarians do not give a poo poo about liberty.

giving states control of people's bodily autonomy is the literal opposite of giving people the power to decide

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

China raises many good points about the shortcomings of the past and present day USA. Who are they to criticize others?

Do you know another one who had a good point?

:hitler:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I know the usual suspects have no consistent ideology beyond "minorities should be made to suffer while no one should tell me what to do," but it somehow still floors me how loving nakedly self-declared libertarians do not give a poo poo about liberty.

giving states control of people's bodily autonomy is the literal opposite of giving people the power to decide

But that's also their point; anyone who's not a rich, white male is not a person.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Crushing Human Rights by Luo Jie

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

China Daily

Crushing Human Rights by Luo Jie

I'd say it's the pot calling the kettle black but it's more like the pot calling the kettle a pot

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Hihohe posted:

Do the Varvel one we've discussed above.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Vib Rib posted:

Even Death himself, who has known more suffering and misery than any other in the broad arc of human history, is brought to tears for knowledge of the fate so many will suffer under this ruling.
I think reading all of Discworld has irrevocably skewed how I view Death, since that's how I initially parsed the comic even though I knew it wasn't the intention.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Y'all know that tu quoque works both ways right

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

:kstare:The Supreme Court overturned Roe vs. Wade this week:kstare:

The Supreme Court overturned Roe vs. Wade this week.

Due to trigger laws abortion will soon be outlawed entirely in Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, and Texas.

Texas is also discussing legislation on punishing women and anyone who helps them get an abortion out of state:
https://twitter.com/evanasmith/status/1540836227854778368?s=20&t=59MWlvmpUr-WUIkvpVWtXg

The allegedly pro-feminism comic Sinfest has not once spoken out about this issue ever, despite constantly ripping off imagery from The Handmaiden possibly the most famous book ever written about a woman's bodily autonomy.

And you know what? That makes sense! It makes perfect sense that a man who's constantly shouting out transphobic propaganda also wouldn't support legal abortions because ultimately his worldview is not about protecting women it's about controlling what they do with their bodies. No one, be they a trans woman, or a cis woman, or a trans man, or a cis man, or a non-binary person, should be allowed to do anything unless the most hateful narrow minded bigot deems it acceptable because that's the fucker who knows what's loving best apparently.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

oh good, glad nonbinary people are important enough for Tatsuya's two minute hate.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Just another reason for me to say gently caress You Texas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

A man attacked a a gay bar in Norway killing two people and injured 16. gently caress you Tatsuya.