Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Sorry man gotta make it obnoxious as possible. Has to be the Rams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Sorry man gotta make it obnoxious as possible. Has to be the Patriots

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bill drafting a gunner and small school lacrosse player in the first wouldn’t be particularly obnoxious.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jun 26, 2022

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

I feel like they would have been fools not to expect something like this and were maybe counting on Baker to hang out for a while before he rebelled, but at the same time they're the Browns so I don't know.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Them counting on baker after thoroughly throwing him under the bus would be a hilarious loving thing.

yeah. Baker is "rebelling" because the Browns tied him up, threw him under a bus, and have been repeatedly driving it back and forth over him. Like the official Browns website has been publishing hit pieces on him for months. There was no plan B involving Baker once they decided to go all in on Watson. For whatever reason they decided to utterly torch that bridge, and it would be high comedy if they get owned for it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
maybe they can trade him for drew lock

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
No but seriously is Watson’s entire contract stuck in escrow?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Like 180mil or so is due in escrow by next spring. What effect a suspension has on that I have no idea.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That keeps getting brought up, but who's enforcing those rules? With the NFL how it is the odds of owners just.... not putting the money in escrow is probably pretty high.

Took how long for owners to realize Snyder just straight up wasn't paying them their share of ticket sales, you think they're checking on money that isn't their concern?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

honestly shocked by the snyder thing because other than a couple of owners who actually give a poo poo about winning (one of the few times I'll praise jerry) that's the one thing they actually give a poo poo about

jerry is probably the only owner I'm 100% sure would give up all profitability if it meant his team wins superbowls

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Snyder has dirt on too many people that’s the only logical explanation for why he’s weathering the mortal sin of stealing everyone else’s money.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Kalli posted:

That keeps getting brought up, but who's enforcing those rules? With the NFL how it is the odds of owners just.... not putting the money in escrow is probably pretty high.

Took how long for owners to realize Snyder just straight up wasn't paying them their share of ticket sales, you think they're checking on money that isn't their concern?

I mean Watson and the PA are likely watching and the Browns are contractually obligated.

The owners are only upset because of the escrow thing.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 26, 2022

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Kalli posted:

Seems like the sort of thing that'd be in the CBA and the enforcement would be something like turning a guy into a FA if you gently caress up and can't/don't pay him his guarantees

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Snyder has dirt on too many people that’s the only logical explanation for why he’s weathering the mortal sin of stealing everyone else’s money.

It’s also possible they are all stealing from each other and Snyder was just dumb enough to get busted. So he had to go answer some meaningless questions before Congress which is the billionaire version of getting Iced.

This is my new take on how he is possibly still in possession of a team.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Give them to the Bears, they'll gently caress the picks up anyway. That's cosmically the fairest outcome.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

As much as I dislike Deshaun now, man.... I'm really sad at the person he turned out to be. I really did think he was a good dude

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Intruder posted:

As much as I dislike Deshaun now, man.... I'm really sad at the person he turned out to be. I really did think he was a good dude

It really sucks when someone you look up to / put hopes on / etc turns out to be trash. As a Boston kid I worshipped Curt Schilling for his part in bringing the Red Sox their first World Series in blah blah blah nobody cares. It was extremely upsetting when he went on to reveal himself as a huge chud and used that fame and success to scam local businesses out of millions of dollars and tons of jobs.

It’s a little different than Watson in that his awfulness came out after his playing career but I totally relate to what to what you’re feeling :(

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jun 27, 2022

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

If Twitter existed when Schilling was playing god knows what he’d have done.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He'd be The 45th President instead of :smugdon:.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He wouldn't have gotten funding from the state to make his mediocre Skyrim clone, for starters.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Texans now have a lawsuit filed against them. Thread below.

https://twitter.com/kalynkahler/status/1541439784903708672

https://twitter.com/kalynkahler/status/1541442212285874326

https://twitter.com/kalynkahler/status/1541445690995376131

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Oh boy

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Contract the Texans, bring back the Oilers

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

As if a court in Harris County Texas is going to not side with the Texans

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hot Diggity! posted:

Texans now have a lawsuit filed against them. Thread below.

:whitewater:

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

fartknocker posted:

Give them to Austin, they're a big city now and they need a pro sports team

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Shoulda had his nose in the playbook instead of his penis in a towel.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

dirty shrimp money posted:

Give them to Austin, they're a big city now and they need a pro sports team

thanks to NIL they have one heyooooo

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Change thread title to "Texans N/V: Humped the Table and Left a Wet Spot"

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

fartknocker posted:

Contract the Texans, Commanders, and Browns, bring back the Oilers, bring back the three division per conference alignment.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

so instead of watson hired instagram massage therapists to keep his proclivities secret from the team it has now become watson creeped out all the team contracted massage therapists so he had to look elsewhere while the team did nothing to address it

absolutely incredible and disgusting

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

“any of the players just try anything, just cut it off”

Could have saved everyone a whole lot of trouble too.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lol I got a notification of NFL recommends an indefinite suspension of no less than 1 year.

Words mean things man

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol I got a notification of NFL recommends an indefinite suspension of no less than 1 year.

Words mean things man

Well the “indefinite” is an easy out to just ban him when more damning info inevitably comes out.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

CharlestheHammer posted:

Words mean things man

I don't see what the problem is? They're saying "We're not sure how long we want to suspend him, but we want it to last at least a year." That's still indefinite, even if there's a minimum.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AndrewBrandt/status/1541757575477317632

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ah yes the “hey, they could have stopped me from committing these crimes” defense.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Sure, drag the Texans into this.

Just like Dan Snyder, those owners will fight tooth & nail to not be involved with this type of attention.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
"When you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything." - Doshaunald Watson

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

the team absolutely deserves to be held to the fire but that's not an excuse for watson's behavior lol he's a grown man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

I learned it from you dad!