Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

doctorfrog posted:

I actually have a friend who lives in Clermont, and I was talking to him yesterday how it would be cool if we could just go to our local identical Wendy's and through some dimensional chicanery both meet up for lunch.

As a kid before I understood things like "Physical distance", I used to think that like, all McDonalds were connected to each other. So like you could theoretically teleport if you walked in one McDonalds and out another.

Come to think of it, that would be a kinda cool concept for like a modern RPG world...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
God those posts are weird. What the hell happened, someone copy post without quote?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Neito posted:

I like to imagine that you two are standing next to each other, posting in the same thread, enjoying some Baconator fries.

I actually have a friend who lives in Clermont, and I was talking to him yesterday how it would be cool if we could just go to our local identical Wendy's and through some dimensional chicanery both meet up for lunch.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZnMNkfURlM

This is european, but holds up pretty well for NZ at the time too. I'd be curious how different a US version would be.

Naked Man Punch
Sep 13, 2008

They see me rollin';
they hatin'.

Jaguars! posted:

I'd be curious how different a US version would be.

https://youtu.be/FwnuuFW8Cfk

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Had my first Snapple Element in 20 years yesterday :feelsgood: Air is amazing but Rain was the one I liked when I was a kid. my stepsiblings and i would (I'm sorry this sounds so dumb) get the flavor that matched the pokemon starter we always chose. So since I always chose Water pokemon I got the rain flavor and my step brother always got Fire...I think my step sister would get Air because I don't remember there being a Grass/Earth flavor of elements.

Idfk we were 9 or whatever

That said, I'm ride or die for Grass pokemon now :cool:

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Speaking of weird kid stuff in the 90s, I’d found an oblong magnet on my way school one day similar to this

About the size of my middle finger now.
So whenever we played super hero during recess I would be Scarlet Spider

Was fun as hell till I got in trouble for whipping it at Wolverines head.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

Speaking of weird kid stuff in the 90s, I’d found an oblong magnet on my way school one day similar to this

About the size of my middle finger now.
So whenever we played super hero during recess I would be Scarlet Spider

Was fun as hell till I got in trouble for whipping it at Wolverines head.

Cow magnet, used to prevent hardware disease

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

jack_nicholson_anger_management_yes.gif

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

_

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
That just gave me some nimda virus flashbacks.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

What's this "sun room" business? That's the smoking section.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
You mean the non-smoking section of the Perkins. You had to walk through the smoking section to get there.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/batgirl955/status/1541359972872863745

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Cross-quote from the Tweets thread:

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

If you guys like that kinda stuff, The Proper People have a couple videos where they sneak into old malls and stuff like that.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
We had something similar in our town, the burger king backed on to this pub that had a rat problem, the pub refused to deal with it because they didn't sell food which forced BK to close. The manager just locked the doors and left everything as it was for 15 years till it got bought by a slot machine company.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Near me there is an old Taco Bell that is the original-ish building with adobe walls and half-mooned windows.

It has been abandoned for decades now but it makes me think of those repurposed Pizza Huts.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

I love the lip balm for all the teens who are making out so hard that they're getting chapped lips.

90 minutes of just mashing face and groping. :feelsgood:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
This showed up in my feed just now for some reason: https://secretatlanta.co/save-the-video-store/

This weird poo poo posted:

A 75-minute immersive theatrical experience that transports you straight to the days of the low-rise jeans, just landed in Atlanta! Embark on an adventure at the heart of a true-to-life replicated video store, where a cast of employees, patrons, and their VHS tapes depend on your bravery to save the day.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

learnincurve posted:

We had something similar in our town, the burger king backed on to this pub that had a rat problem, the pub refused to deal with it because they didn't sell food which forced BK to close. The manager just locked the doors and left everything as it was for 15 years till it got bought by a slot machine company.

I have an acquaintance who worked in a bar/venue in my town who removed a wall panel and found a 50s era cafe. loving wild.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

dialhforhero posted:

Near me there is an old Taco Bell that is the original-ish building with adobe walls and half-mooned windows.

There's one of those near me. It's a dispensary now.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

BaronVonVaderham posted:

This showed up in my feed just now for some reason: https://secretatlanta.co/save-the-video-store/

IF it didn't involve a 15 or 20 hour car ride I'd totally do this shiz.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
“…my spreadsheet doesn’t do that!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOO31qFmi9A

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

God help the person who didn’t fully secure their CRT monitor when using one of these:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Gonz posted:

God help the person who didn’t fully secure their CRT monitor when using one of these:

Computer set ups like this just always looked like the most uncomfortable and cumbersome way to use a computer to me.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There was a lot of "ergonomic" things in the 90s as people started using computers more often and for longer, but they were almost all designed without thinking what was actually practical.

There is a reason things are how they are, because no one has created a better way to do it that people actually want to use.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Gonz posted:

He'll wish for that quick merciful death after the 10th time having to retrieve the mouse from the floor.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

tribbledirigible posted:

He'll wish for that quick merciful death after the 10th time having to retrieve the mouse from the floor.

not if the mouse is wired

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Introducing the velcro mouse

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Gonz posted:

I'll allow it if this is what it takes to not have the printer on a shelf right where you want to put your knees like literally every other computer workstation

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
I'd never seen this before because it's Top of the Pops and I'm Amurrican, but goddamn. Bjork with Skunk Anansie. The latter of whom got boned because rock stations saw a black lead and a black bassist and assumed "Oh this is R&B" and wouldn't play them, and record stores likewise put them in the R&B bin. But they were fuckin' hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7LWE7RdH3s

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Whenever I see this, I can't help but think about skipping pep rallies and lunch to play emulators on the school computers.

I used to think the mouse cursor in Nesticle was a dick (a dismembered member) way back when.

Unperson_47 has a new favorite as of 07:15 on Jul 11, 2022

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9AZ9CGMi4k

now in HD

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

*loud CRACK sound at 3 AM*

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nothing sucked rear end worse than trying to assemble that desk or one like it. That’s like a six hour project for most mortals.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Gonz posted:

*loud CRACK sound at 3 AM*

I remember how these things smelled

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Cartoon Man posted:

Nothing sucked rear end worse than trying to assemble that desk or one like it. That’s like a six hour project for most mortals.

And the razor-thin margin between "not tight enough" and "ripped out of the particle board" on the connectors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Iron Crowned posted:

I remember how these things smelled

hell yes

we didn't have this exact one in our finished basement but it was real close