Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)
4. Metroid Prime (63%, 6:49)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video
6. The King of Chicago (Amiga, one of the good endings)
7. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (63%)
8. Yakuza Kiwami 2
9. Tokimeki Memorial (Super Famicom, Ayako, Saki, Rei and Forever Alone endings)
10. Mother 3 - review
11. Wario World - review
12. Soul Blazer - review
13. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - review
14. Final Fantasy XV - review
15. Illusion of Gaia
16. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (Arcade mode, Okay difficulty, April O' Neal, 1CC)

on to gnarly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

[29] The Looker (PC) 6/25/22

Review:
A parody of The Witness and it's really good. About 2 hours long. I laughed a few times at how stupid some of the puzzles were. Great ending. It got a bonus point for being free on steam.

9/10

The Looker

Lol thank you for bringing this to my attention. Exactly right.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Arrhythmia posted:

The Looker

Lol thank you for bringing this to my attention. Exactly right.

its so so so good and needs to be played

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EmmyOk posted:

There are lots of hit tracks not by low roar.

It's obviously asylum for the feeling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKEZ47j6dP8

It's so hosed up that this game isn't on Xbox yet.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden Country. did everything but 3 of the superbosses. cool game. story isn't anything amazing, end was good though. nice refinement on regular xenoblade 2's gameplay and the small scope makes 100%ing it not something an insane person would do

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Yakuza 6. Fantastic. Loved the game. Story, theme, combat, everything felt perfect. Only flaw with me was some of the mini games. I enjoyed the baseball sim, ok with the New Japan rts, but I didn't much care for the barfly game.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

herculon posted:

Yakuza 6. Fantastic. Loved the game. Story, theme, combat, everything felt perfect. Only flaw with me was some of the mini games. I enjoyed the baseball sim, ok with the New Japan rts, but I didn't much care for the barfly game.

I'm the opposite. I got tired of the baseball sim game because you can't actually play most of it, but I loved the barfly game. also the diving rail shooter game is fun but you'd have to play the third level something like 100 times to meet the completion metrics, it's insane.

the main game is so awesome though. the moment kiryu makes that kid wake up and realize his responsibilities is peak kiryu.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Bicyclops posted:

I'm the opposite. I got tired of the baseball sim game because you can't actually play most of it, but I loved the barfly game. also the diving rail shooter game is fun but you'd have to play the third level something like 100 times to meet the completion metrics, it's insane.

the main game is so awesome though. the moment kiryu makes that kid wake up and realize his responsibilities is peak kiryu.

for some reason it just didn't click with me. I probably should have stuck with it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

like I guess at the end of the day the bar mini game is just a bunch of substories that are all dialog and it's a little long for what it is. 6 is awesome but all the new mini games are a little half baked, lol.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Wild at Heart

This was a very cool little take on Pikmin in top-down 2D. It wasn't perfect - the combat could have used a bit more polish - but it was still quite fun and scratched that Pikmin exploration and puzzling itch.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

30) Asura's Wrath

This should have been a Visual Novel. The story and characters were fun, but the combat engine was mediocre at best.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Final Fantasy V - Pixel Remaster
2. Monster Hunter Rise (first credits)
3. Elden Ring
4. Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin - Hard Mode (all main missions)
5. Ghostwire: Tokyo - hard, all side missions, all yokai
6. Chrono Trigger - All Sidequests
7. Death Stranding
8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge - 4p co-op (Michelangelo)

Game is absolute ownage. A ton of love went into every part of it.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
[30] Snatcher (Sega CD) 6/27/22

Review:

After years I finally beat this game. It's a masterpiece. It's crazy to say this, but it's probably like... my second favorite Kojima game ever? The twists are incredible, the story is awesome and so is everything else. From the music to the art design to the incredible voice acting (considering its 1994) this is probably the only reason you would ever want to own a Sega CD lol. There is only one downside and that is having to use the controller for the shooting sections, which are kinda lame, but I heard you could use a justifier instead which may have been cool. If you haven't played this, I can't recommend it enough.

9.5/10

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

snatcher is the number 1 Christmas game

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Review:

After years I finally beat this game. It's a masterpiece. It's crazy to say this, but it's probably like... my second favorite Kojima game ever? The twists are incredible, the story is awesome and so is everything else. From the music to the art design to the incredible voice acting (considering its 1994) this is probably the only reason you would ever want to own a Sega CD lol. There is only one downside and that is having to use the controller for the shooting sections, which are kinda lame, but I heard you could use a justifier instead which may have been cool. If you haven't played this, I can't recommend it enough.

9.5/10

it is perfect, apart from those shooting sections. I'm far enough removed from playing it that I've been thinking about playing it again

Evil Eagle posted:

snatcher is the number 1 Christmas game

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

metal warriors (snes)

6/10

played this for game club. fun game but some more polish would have done it good. i want to play cybernator and front mission: gun hazard now.

i wrote more words about it at this dumb little website i made for myself (thanks to mycophobia for the idea). i'm planning to log all my more detailed reviews of games i beat there:

https://tmfc.link

i have a backlog of reviews to write now lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

tmfc posted:

metal warriors (snes)

6/10

played this for game club. fun game but some more polish would have done it good. i want to play cybernator and front mission: gun hazard now.

i wrote more words about it at this dumb little website i made for myself (thanks to mycophobia for the idea). i'm planning to log all my more detailed reviews of games i beat there:

gun hazard is awesome, it was on my shortlist for game club picks

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

I heard you could use a justifier instead
I wonder if it's possible to get this set up with an emulator

having to physically pick up a light gun for the shooting segments sounds really loving cool but it'd probably cost like a thousand dollars

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

12. A Plague Tale: Innocence

This was an alright puzzle-stealth kind of game - it felt a bit old fashioned following Hitman/Dishonored which allow you so much freedom and creativity in how you want to get around, as it's very linear and it felt like I was trying to find the predetermined route through each section. I liked the setting (Medieval France) and story well enough to finish it though, and it was free on GamePass.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Aston posted:

12. A Plague Tale: Innocence

This was an alright puzzle-stealth kind of game - it felt a bit old fashioned following Hitman/Dishonored which allow you so much freedom and creativity in how you want to get around, as it's very linear and it felt like I was trying to find the predetermined route through each section. I liked the setting (Medieval France) and story well enough to finish it though, and it was free on GamePass.

Oh hey, I got this a few days ago in the Steam sale. If you happen to know, how long (roughly) did it take you to get through? Seems like an interesting setting, I agree - I figured it wouldn't be quite as smooth compared to Dishonored and the like though, as you said

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Major Isoor posted:

Oh hey, I got this a few days ago in the Steam sale. If you happen to know, how long (roughly) did it take you to get through? Seems like an interesting setting, I agree - I figured it wouldn't be quite as smooth compared to Dishonored and the like though, as you said

I played it last year and I think it took like 9-10 hours? I enjoyed it quite a bit

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I played it last year and I think it took like 9-10 hours? I enjoyed it quite a bit

Nice! Thanks for that, good to know - sounds like I'll have to give it a go soon

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

1. arceus
2. elden ring
3. ratchet and clank: rift apart
4. cyberpunk 2077
5. triangle strategy

i went with the frederica ending. this game was fully sick and probably an easy goty candidate in a non elden ring year. someone in either this or the rpg thread said to stick with it through the first few hours because boy are they painful but then poo poo starts rolling and the game absolutely gets its hooks into you if you're remotely into tactics rpgs. i want to do the ng+ golden ending route now.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

10. AI: The Somnium Files - Nirvana Initiative

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Major Isoor posted:

As Pablo said, it's not super long. I did like it, and I wouldn't even say it was bad compared to newer stealth games, it just felt like the design was a little outdated.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

AI: The Somnium Files - Nirvana Initiative - 100% complete

Probably prefer the first game overall as its story felt a bit tighter, but this one is still great and has vastly improved the Somnium gameplay and puzzles.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's an AI sequel? Oh poo poo.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

Yep came out Friday

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

lets hang out posted:

10. AI: The Somnium Files - Nirvana Initiative

wait thats out!!!!?!?!?!?!?!

In Training posted:

lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

tmfc posted:

metal warriors (snes)

6/10

nice review, although you are more forgiving of it than I am lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

16. TNT: Evilution (UV, continuous play, no saves except MAP21). A mild POS, but probably mind blowing to play a commercial megawad in 1996 made by people you posted on IRC with. 2/5

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

pokemon snap, game still kicks rear end but its super drat short

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Batman: Arkham Asylum (Return to Arkham - Xbox One version, Hard mode)

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

nice review, although you are more forgiving of it than I am lol

i had enough time away from the final stage before i started writing lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

9. Neon White (100%, all Ace medals earned, all gifts collected)

everything i had hoped for when it got announced like a year and a half ago. extremely fluid parkour-FPS hybrid action, and it became an addiction trying to figure out the best ways to cheese a level and get my time down low enough to earn an Ace medal. i thought the spellcard system was going to be more complex than it was, but it being more straightforward worked in the game's favor so you could really focus on speeding through levels and slaying demons without stopping. only major drawback is that the writing is awful monkeycheese garbage most of the time but unless you're a psychopath attempting to 100% it like me you can skip a good chunk of the dialogue by avoiding doing anything with the gifts or the Free Time segments. overall, i recommend it.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

symbolic posted:

9. Neon White (100%, all Ace medals earned, all gifts collected)

everything i had hoped for when it got announced like a year and a half ago. extremely fluid parkour-FPS hybrid action, and it became an addiction trying to figure out the best ways to cheese a level and get my time down low enough to earn an Ace medal. i thought the spellcard system was going to be more complex than it was, but it being more straightforward worked in the game's favor so you could really focus on speeding through levels and slaying demons without stopping. only major drawback is that the writing is awful monkeycheese garbage most of the time but unless you're a psychopath attempting to 100% it like me you can skip a good chunk of the dialogue by avoiding doing anything with the gifts or the Free Time segments. overall, i recommend it.

i really want this game cause first person platforming is all i care about, and i feel like replaying mirrors edge

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Geneforge: Mutagen

Geneforge 1 was probably my second favourite spiderweb software game so I'm glad it got a remake. There's too many encounters which are just "kill the pylons between you and the goal", and the cool faction stuff sort of just disappears after you meet Trajkov. Everything else I loved.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
21. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (All Songs, Won Epona)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

...all songs lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mamkute posted:

21. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (All Songs, Won Epona)

What lol