Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Would love to know what tune/dj outfit that is.

Same. I actually meant to ask if they were on Twitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Maybe we're getting a Death of Stalin remake.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Would love to know what tune/dj outfit that is.

e; :thunk:

https://twitter.com/IntelDoge/status/1540811205316644867

Goddamn what a lovely rear end security setup. You have one dude around on a Moscow rooftop with a switchblade or two and you can have Kentucky Fried Putin.

Obviously I know this isn’t something that was planned or you could intentionally predict, but if they’re gonna be that dumb you might as well just keep people are for targets of opportunity.

Granted I think using any Allied aid for an attack in Moscow is probably a big no-no. No other poo poo that isn’t traceable or you know burning stuff…well that might be different.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Well you gotta wait for Putin to attend a wedding and I don't think he's a popular guest right now

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soul Dentist posted:

Well you gotta wait for Putin to attend a wedding and I don't think he's a popular guest right now

*AC-130 has entered the chat*

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Marshal Prolapse posted:

*AC-130 has entered the chat*

2spooky

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

2furious

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

BaconAndBullets posted:

For India, there's very few downsides of buying Russian oil. Russia, dealing with sanctions, is willing to sell their oil at below market rate. What is the rest of the world going to do? India is a big enough economy and committing a "minor enough" sanctions violation that they won't eat sanctions themselves.

Modi and Putin are allies, he's a Trump supporter too.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
America is terrible at many things, but one thing we've been better at than any country anywhere ever in human history is making a whole bunch of poo poo in a very short time and getting it somewhere very quickly. I'd have a hard time believing that if artillery shell resupply wasn't made a national priority, Ukraine would be trying to find place to store all the extra shells within a month.

I'm curious- if the switch to Western weapons that everyone thinks is inevitable is in the works, what weapons systems are they getting trained on besides the artillery? We've got so many goddamned M1s laying around. We've got F-16s to spare. Now would be the time to start training up units of theirs, right?

I know the issue exists of taking experienced soldiers/pilots offline to train in the middle of the war is an issue. But surely they're doing some long-term planning, right?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I would not be surprised if Ukranian pilots were being cross trained on the F-16 as we speak.

I don't think tanks are on the cards any time soon since I think the European (mostly Polish) reserves of Russian tanks are what they can use right now.

Honestly they're getting the stuff they need - long range precision artillery. They just need way, way more of it.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GD_American posted:

America is terrible at many things, but one thing we've been better at than any country anywhere ever in human history is making a whole bunch of poo poo in a very short time and getting it somewhere very quickly. I'd have a hard time believing that if artillery shell resupply wasn't made a national priority, Ukraine would be trying to find place to store all the extra shells within a month.

I'm curious- if the switch to Western weapons that everyone thinks is inevitable is in the works, what weapons systems are they getting trained on besides the artillery? We've got so many goddamned M1s laying around. We've got F-16s to spare. Now would be the time to start training up units of theirs, right?

I know the issue exists of taking experienced soldiers/pilots offline to train in the middle of the war is an issue. But surely they're doing some long-term planning, right?

Yell at me for being stupid and all that but when does the M5 switchover happen and will that lead to any surplus of rifles and ammo that could/would be sent there. That's more than a year away, yeah?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The Imp of Nipples posted:

Yell at me for being stupid and all that but when does the M5 switchover happen and will that lead to any surplus of rifles and ammo that could/would be sent there. That's more than a year away, yeah?

Lake City ammunition plant is building an entirely new facility to make the 6.8x51mm ammo for the new rifle and machine gun. Completion of that plant and generation of an ammo stockpile is probably way more of a constraint on service introduction than Sig delivering rifles.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1540976493203001344

GORE

MY

KIN

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

"Eviscerate My Family" is an extremely unfortunate as a name for a man in charge of personnel... or particularly apt with regards to Russian forces atm. :ohdear:

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Crab Dad posted:

Lol China is enemy number one with India due to water and water alone.

My read is that Indian leadership knows this isn't enough for the West to just let China soak India into the Neo Great Asian Prosperity Sphere if it came to blows. Falling in line also wouldn't ensure American participation if something like that happened. The US is known to be fickle and India doesn't have some greater alliance they compete for stature within like NATO or the EU. India has often found success by playing orthogonal to the axes of the day, much like Israel and France.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Here's a video on a possible explanation of why that Russian missile U-Turned during launch a few days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnJOeqn9JqI

tl;dw mishandling/poor manufacture caused a concentration of fuel in the solid rocket fuel.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

Here's a video on a possible explanation of why that Russian missile U-Turned during launch a few days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnJOeqn9JqI

tl;dw mishandling/poor manufacture caused a concentration of fuel in the solid rocket fuel.

Someone didn’t install a gyro upside down, like that Proton rocket a few years back? :v:

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Soul Dentist posted:

Popped in from the worst hotdog thread where they are talking about calamari and pig anus and read this and I thought I had clicked back in

lmao

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Soul Dentist posted:

Popped in from the worst hotdog thread

the what now

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Icon Of Sin posted:

Someone didn’t install a gyro upside down, like that Proton rocket a few years back? :v:

He points out that the missile flies straight, makes an abrupt turn, then flies straight again. Wouldn't a bad gyro cause a spiral?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

He points out that the missile flies straight, makes an abrupt turn, then flies straight again. Wouldn't a bad gyro cause a spiral?

Idk, I was just joking about a Russian space rocket that forgot which way “up” was :v:

https://youtu.be/vqW0LEcTAYg

Also, this was almost a decade ago now :gonk:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

the what now

Come on down the hot dog water is fine

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
New Spetsnaz just dropped

https://twitter.com/cdrsalamander/status/1541094061934891015

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

GD_American posted:

New Spetsnaz just dropped

The reason the barrel is being scraped is so that they can roll him towards the frontline

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

spetsnachos

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Body is now in scale with the hat brim. :discourse:

As an obese person myself it's impressive to see one of us standing at that age..... gods i need to lose weight. :rolleyes:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

On the plus side he's helping the personal shortages by taking the places of like 4-5 18 year old conscripts

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

p sure any russian man over the age of 50 has beaten the odds already

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Just Another Lurker posted:

Body is now in scale with the hat brim. :discourse:

As an obese person myself it's impressive to see one of us standing at that age..... gods i need to lose weight. :rolleyes:

Is there any truth to Russia actually pulling out General Lardass?

I can't see anything but UK tabloid rags quoting each other, nothing else has picked this up. Smells like horseshit

orange juche fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jun 26, 2022

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
Getting the big picture around that guy can take a surprising amount of effort.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

What's old is new again; as I recall this guy:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_May-Mayevsky

Was most noted for his ice cream binges.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Russian Tu-22's have been launching huge amounts of cruise missiles into Ukraine from Belarusian airspace within the past day or two, and it appears that there's some real concern that Lukashenko might be wading into the war for real this time.

https://twitter.com/mrsorokaa/status/1541159318824837120?t=0qa35zx_vRGjMZjhtKQJ5Q&s=19

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't think we made Zelensky pinky swear not to use artillery and MLRS on Belarus.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Whatever became of those Brimstones Ukraine got delivered

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

aphid_licker posted:

Whatever became of those Brimstones Ukraine got delivered

Do the Ukrainians have anything that can launch them?

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

A good writeup on the cruise missile attacks by Tu-22M-3s:

https://medium.com/@x_TomCooper_x/supplement-of-backfires-and-kitchens-ef0088f33722

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

Do the Ukrainians have anything that can launch them?

They were on some weirdass ground-based launchers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swE7ZwA89Gg at 15s in.

That one clip is basically all I ever saw or heard about them.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
For a week or two there were a number of clips of what were very likely brimstone hits, but it doesn't appear that the total number of missiles given was that significant, or the launchers were destroyed, or they completely embargoed footage being released of them in action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Why does the largest general not simply eat the other ones