Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i like woot because you have to build a horrible villain-looking monstrosity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Patware posted:

i like woot because you have to build a horrible villain-looking monstrosity

Well it is a modular murder machine. Even comes with an autobuilder stick! :v:

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I've resolved a lot of my bugs in Nomifactory and I think I'm about two-thirds through the creative vending upgrade final quest now. I think most problems did ultimately come down to not properly using blocking mode on ME interfaces. I guess I thought I had tried it before I went to more drastic things, but apparently I didn't. I still see some bug where all tasks get stuck with things scheduled (yellow) but nothing actively happening. If I then try to import some of these ingredients after making them on the side, they just stay stuck in the scheduled state with the same quantity as before. What does this mean? Does anybody know how that might happened. My two thoughts are:

1. AE2 can get tripped up with multiple crafting CPUs using contended equipment. I don't think they have issues with on-hand ingredients themselves, if it's not around when you hit the go button, you get a note in the chat that something turned up to be missing.
2. PackagedAuto exacerbates any quirks with AE2 like this. The problem is that maybe it doesn't, but it would look like it because most final steps in these huge recipes involves slamming a bunch of crap into one of the larger crafting tables driven by PackagedAuto. So it's always hanging out there when things hang.

Every time this has happened to me it was because of #1 - and yeah it was frustrating to try to track down what piece of equipment is being shared. Blocking mode is absolutely essential for PackagedAuto though.

Which is why the first thing I'm doing now that I've got the creative tank is just building a passive crafting chest for every single item I'd possibly need to make the micro-miners.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Wow create above and beyond absolutely owns. It is also working as a phenomenal onboarding mod for my sisters for expert style packs

Only problem with it is that whenever I start watching one of our assembly lines go I hear the pee wee Herman/ big blue ball machine song in my head

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Just discovered the Distant Horizons mod via AntVenom. Finally, an answer to "what if Minecraft actually used LODs to increase its draw distance?"

Vanilla, 20 chunk render distance:

16 chunk render distance + 160 chunk LOD:

Now THIS is flying.

Downside: doesn't play very well with shaders. Framerate naturally gets choppy while bulk-loading chunks. But holy hell, it's an otherworldly experience after all this time.

Grey Face
Mar 31, 2017
Can someone recommend a chill skyblock? Like anti-expert mode, just a few steps above an idle game.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i think sky factory 4 has you crafting resource trees that you put in hopper pots, basically giving you a scalable constant automatic trickle of resource once you're up and running

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
I'm trying to recall the name of a modpack from a couple years ago at least. I think it was on 1.12, maybe earlier.

It was a magic/tech mix, world generation was done with something like HexLands so the biomes were medium-ish hexagons. Early tools and armor was based around Silent Gems, there was crazy weather mods, and mob difficulty cranked up over time from what I recall.

I want to say the name was something related to Chaos or Dragons

Fake Edit: it was Chaotic Progression, I'll leave this here

Edit:

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i think sky factory 4 has you crafting resource trees that you put in hopper pots, basically giving you a scalable constant automatic trickle of resource once you're up and running

Yeah - I liked the Sky Factory packs a lot. SF4 with trees was probably my least favorite. SF 2 was real chill. Stoneblock was basically Sky Factory but underground, if you'd rather mine out your gravel. I liked the gimmick of digging up/down to the ceiling/floor of the box to get to other zones.

Devor fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 20, 2022

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
So MultiMC and others literally can't play Curseforge packs anymore, even manually downloaded. What was the end consensus for getting these working, if any? Do we just have to use the Twitch launcher?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Vib Rib posted:

So MultiMC and others literally can't play Curseforge packs anymore, even manually downloaded. What was the end consensus for getting these working, if any? Do we just have to use the Twitch launcher?

PolyMC will work partially.
During the instance creation it will give you a list of Mods that cant be downloaded this way, so you would have to download them manually.
I got it to download the latest DW20 modpack from FTB (also Overwolf owned) fine though.

https://polymc.org/news/release-1.3.2/

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm still using GDLauncher. I haven't downloaded new packs through it in a while though.

Edit:

Clicking Confirm worked in this case. That was downloading ATM7.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jun 20, 2022

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I just use and then close the curse/overwolf launcher, it's not that stressful.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I wanted to continuously schedule individual jobs to make infinity catalysts in Nomifactory so they can keep running while I'm offline (instead of blasting as big of a job as I can and then feeling some pressure to keep an eye on it to schedule the next batch). There is a Dark Utilities timer in the pack that may still be too fast but I figure extra jobs would just not kick off; I did want some delay instead of a fast spamming ticker. However, it doesn't seem to trigger crafting.

For crafting, I have an export bus to a chest. It has a redstone card set to pulse mode, and a crafting card to always craft. This causes nothing to happen. If I use a button, it looks like I'm fine. I've tried redstone conduits with a strong signal and other boosting methods, but I suck at redstone. Is there some quirk with this timer in particular that I don't know about?

I'm about to try a spamming pulse instead.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I wanted to continuously schedule individual jobs to make infinity catalysts in Nomifactory so they can keep running while I'm offline (instead of blasting as big of a job as I can and then feeling some pressure to keep an eye on it to schedule the next batch). There is a Dark Utilities timer in the pack that may still be too fast but I figure extra jobs would just not kick off; I did want some delay instead of a fast spamming ticker. However, it doesn't seem to trigger crafting.

For crafting, I have an export bus to a chest. It has a redstone card set to pulse mode, and a crafting card to always craft. This causes nothing to happen. If I use a button, it looks like I'm fine. I've tried redstone conduits with a strong signal and other boosting methods, but I suck at redstone. Is there some quirk with this timer in particular that I don't know about?

I'm about to try a spamming pulse instead.

ME Interfaces have a stocking mode where you can put a quantity of an item as a ghost on the top row, and it'll fill that in the second row. Set it up to always stock 1 infinity catalyst and drop a crafting card in there. Then, use a conveyor or w/e to extract that catalyst any time it arrives.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Right now I just have five export buses on a chest with a crafting card in each. So it always has five going. It looks like the first five went through fine and it naturally created a stagger based on the original order they finished. So I'll see how well it goes when I can look at it again this evening.

Edit: I specifically wanted to have multiple stages of catalysts going at the same time on some assumption that I'll have less collisions doing one recipe at a time at different points in the processes instead my usual 16-item bursts that usually clog up somewhere.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Right now I just have five export buses on a chest with a crafting card in each. So it always has five going. It looks like the first five went through fine and it naturally created a stagger based on the original order they finished. So I'll see how well it goes when I can look at it again this evening.

Edit: I specifically wanted to have multiple stages of catalysts going at the same time on some assumption that I'll have less collisions doing one recipe at a time at different points in the processes instead my usual 16-item bursts that usually clog up somewhere.

If you want every stage of catalyst going constantly then you should have your export buses trying to make each stage, instead of trusting in the stagger to accomplish that.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Since you brought that up, is there some way to passive the large crafting table recipes without triggering ME network jobs? I'd lean on it.

I think my setup is doing enough to make me an infinity solar panel worth of catalysts a day, which is good enough for me since I am at a conference this week.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

There are two methods that worked for me.

The first is a export-only storage bus pointed at an interface with a crafting card and a number of items in each of the slots equal to the quantity you want to store. I had I think 15 on hand for the first 5 types of microminers and 1-2 of the rest, a few infinity ingots, machine frames, stuff like that.

The second is a storage bus pointed at a storage drawer (typically with a single stack upgrade) and on the other side an export bus with a crafting card and pointed at the export bus a level interface with a redstone card set to the # of items you want to make. You can move the storage bus to the controller if you want multiple storage drawers. I used this a bunch of the draconic crafter items so I'd have a single high level microminer on-tap as well as the heart of the universe just to continue to queue them up.

If you put an acell card on the crafting-carded export bus, I believe it triggers multiple crafts at a time.

Reminder to put accell cards in your me2 crafting block and if you are feeling frisky as you expand your system to handle post-tank loads organize your autocrafting recipes and make sure the heavily used ones aren't together and each interface can reach 4+ crafting cubes.

You can't avoid passiving through the me2 autocrafting, that thing's going to get a workout. If you're still having bugs you'll need to find them :smith:

E: you ARE autocrafting like 64 rods at a time with a single recipe, right? You're going to want to up the numbers and if you haven't absolutely switch over to sawing whole blocks for 9 plates.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 22, 2022

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Since you brought that up, is there some way to passive the large crafting table recipes without triggering ME network jobs? I'd lean on it.

I think my setup is doing enough to make me an infinity solar panel worth of catalysts a day, which is good enough for me since I am at a conference this week.

I'm not familiar with the large crafting table. I haven't actually played that modpack, I was just giving advice for general use of ME.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Bhodi posted:

There are two methods that worked for me.

The first is a export-only storage bus pointed at an interface with a crafting card and a number of items in each of the slots equal to the quantity you want to store. I had I think 15 on hand for the first 5 types of microminers and 1-2 of the rest, a few infinity ingots, machine frames, stuff like that.

The second is a storage bus pointed at a storage drawer (typically with a single stack upgrade) and on the other side an export bus with a crafting card and pointed at the export bus a level interface with a redstone card set to the # of items you want to make. You can move the storage bus to the controller if you want multiple storage drawers. I used this a bunch of the draconic crafter items so I'd have a single high level microminer on-tap as well as the heart of the universe just to continue to queue them up.

If you put an acell card on the crafting-carded export bus, I believe it triggers multiple crafts at a time.

Reminder to put accell cards in your me2 crafting block and if you are feeling frisky as you expand your system to handle post-tank loads organize your autocrafting recipes and make sure the heavily used ones aren't together and each interface can reach 4+ crafting cubes.

You can't avoid passiving through the me2 autocrafting, that thing's going to get a workout. If you're still having bugs you'll need to find them :smith:

E: you ARE autocrafting like 64 rods at a time with a single recipe, right? You're going to want to up the numbers and if you haven't absolutely switch over to sawing whole blocks for 9 plates.
I am generally not bumping up the quantity in my recipes, but I did get that recommendation last week. At that point, I was a third through the creative vending upgrade, so I just tweak patterns as they annoy me. This did make me decide to tweak some more.

My double edged sword is how much passive auto crafting I am doing. Imagine 3x3 chunks of multiple floors just primed to make stuff constantly. My impression from the Nomifactory Discord is people often do this the first time, but it's naughty.

Did you have a ton of crafting CPUs to handle scheduling the volume of crafting? I have to imagine that is just piles and piles of things. Did you have leftover capacity to manually run jobs? I wish I could have a group of CPUs that can be set aside for stuff like that, but I do not see a way with crafting cards to specify that (let alone a way to group the CPUs in the first place).

I figured some stuff could be done with subnets with their own crafting CPUs, but then I realized that is a no-go if any of that needs machines on the main networks.

For plates, I mostly passively solidify plates, but I think I saw blocks for one of them (electrum?). I just figured it was less burden (mentally) to have two UV solidifiers for one kind than a solidifier-to-saw setup for the same. I think it has been fine (?).

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
The way the truth and the light is to use me level emitters to turn on/off single purpose dedicated machines

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Impermanent posted:

The way the truth and the light is to use me level emitters to turn on/off single purpose dedicated machines

Skip the emitters and increase production until all processing machines are constantly running, in true idle spirit

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Devor posted:

Skip the emitters and increase production until all processing machines are constantly running, in true idle spirit

This is the way, maybe output it all into a drawer with a storage bus attached and let it all run until your drawers are full.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
That's my style but I don't think the Disasterpiece server particularly appreciates it.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Impermanent posted:

Too many emitters tends to lag things to poo poo. As others said just run it into a limited storage and let it stall, it'll then not eat processing constantly checking the emitters.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
?? Emitters were the low lag solution to crafting card problems last time I checked the omnifactory discord.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
yeah i was told to never use crafting cards and passives were the way to go.

though if you're post-creative tank one way you could avoid even level emitters is just have every machine go to a storage drawer with however many stacks you want, then you just have the storage bus on those drawers. not sure if thats more performant than level emitters to ME storage though

EDIT: Funny story happened to me. Apparently you have to be really careful about NBTs of packages you make with PackagedAuto when you attempt to set it up to passively-craft extended recipes. I am sitting on about 2k tier 8 micro-miners because the level emitter wasn't seeing the packages. At least that takes out a good chunk of the chaos shard requirements for all the hearts I suppose

Shipon fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jun 23, 2022

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..
All right, it seems I'm too stupid to figure this out on my own. I want to add a single mod (Apathy) to a single-player instance running a modpack (Agrarian Skies 2). I have tried to do this with instances in MultiMC, ATLauncher, and now the CurseForge Launcher, and it has not worked any of those times. Can someone give me the baby steps for incompetent babies on how to do this? Babies like me hate MC combat.

E: sorry, what I mean when I say it doesn't work is that I can get the mod to show up in the mod list and the folder is there in the mods folder of each instance, but it has no effect. I had downloaded the mod itself from the CurseForge website.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

CK07 posted:

All right, it seems I'm too stupid to figure this out on my own. I want to add a single mod (Apathy) to a single-player instance running a modpack (Agrarian Skies 2). I have tried to do this with instances in MultiMC, ATLauncher, and now the CurseForge Launcher, and it has not worked any of those times. Can someone give me the baby steps for incompetent babies on how to do this? Babies like me hate MC combat.

E: sorry, what I mean when I say it doesn't work is that I can get the mod to show up in the mod list and the folder is there in the mods folder of each instance, but it has no effect. I had downloaded the mod itself from the CurseForge website.

Did you unblock the .jar file?

Maguoob fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 24, 2022

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Grey Face posted:

Can someone recommend a chill skyblock? Like anti-expert mode, just a few steps above an idle game.

Not strictly a Skyblock, but Stoneblock 2 is pretty chill and you can get some hilariously broken items from the quest rewards to make it even easier.

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

Maguoob posted:

Did you unblock the .jar file?

I had no idea this was a thing, thank you. I'll test it out shortly.

E: Yeah nope, I did unblock it and it's showing up in the MMC mod list, but not in the game's mod list, plus a creeper aggroed immediately. I feel real stupid.

CK07 fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 24, 2022

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

CK07 posted:

I had no idea this was a thing, thank you. I'll test it out shortly.

E: Yeah nope, I did unblock it and it's showing up in the MMC mod list, but not in the game's mod list, plus a creeper aggroed immediately. I feel real stupid.

oh wait, you said Agrarian Skies 2? That is a 1.7.10 modpack, no? The two Apathy mods I see on CurseForge are for 1.16, 1.17, or 1.18 with one being strictly Fabric.

If you want a mod that does the same features and works with Agrarian Skies 2 you'll have to search for a mod that works for 1.7.10.

Maguoob fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 25, 2022

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I am generally not bumping up the quantity in my recipes, but I did get that recommendation last week. At that point, I was a third through the creative vending upgrade, so I just tweak patterns as they annoy me. This did make me decide to tweak some more.

My double edged sword is how much passive auto crafting I am doing. Imagine 3x3 chunks of multiple floors just primed to make stuff constantly. My impression from the Nomifactory Discord is people often do this the first time, but it's naughty.

Did you have a ton of crafting CPUs to handle scheduling the volume of crafting? I have to imagine that is just piles and piles of things. Did you have leftover capacity to manually run jobs? I wish I could have a group of CPUs that can be set aside for stuff like that, but I do not see a way with crafting cards to specify that (let alone a way to group the CPUs in the first place).

I figured some stuff could be done with subnets with their own crafting CPUs, but then I realized that is a no-go if any of that needs machines on the main networks.

For plates, I mostly passively solidify plates, but I think I saw blocks for one of them (electrum?). I just figured it was less burden (mentally) to have two UV solidifiers for one kind than a solidifier-to-saw setup for the same. I think it has been fine (?).
I had plenty of leftover capacity. I did increase it but not as much as you'd think. I went from this not long after the unlock:

to what it looked like leading up to tank:

to post-tank:

You can also see my drawers with level-emitter-crafting-cards on them.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Hmm I may end up shifting to that if I keep getting jammed this weekend. I'd check on it on the mornings and evenings during this week, and it would always have jammed soon after I had logged off. On the other hand, since I started doing all these adjustments, the stuff I have managed to queue up has taken the vending upgrade from a 300+MB operation to 80MB. I technically have a 72MB crafting CPU (that you can guarantee will jam on that recipe) but I don't have all the ingredients to carry that upgrade through without just doing the smaller pieces like a normal adult.

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

Maguoob posted:

oh wait, you said Agrarian Skies 2? That is a 1.7.10 modpack, no? The two Apathy mods I see on CurseForge are for 1.16, 1.17, or 1.18 with one being strictly Fabric.

If you want a mod that does the same features and works with Agrarian Skies 2 you'll have to search for a mod that works for 1.7.10.

Ahh okay I am bad at reading version numbers, thank you for seeing what I could not. You're a hero for the free tech support!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

https://howoldisminecraft1710.today/

quote:

Minecraft 1.7.10 is 8 years, 0 months, and 0 days old today.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Old enough to get arrested!

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

And given that it was compatible through the totality of it's release, the 1.7.x mod ecosystem will be 9 this December.

Remember back then, when we all thought 1.2.5's year and change was an aspirational ecosystem lifespan?

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
:science:

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jun 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

That looks amazing!