Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They can differentiate it very easily just halve the production budget so it all looks and sounds like poo poo ROH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Very minor spoilers from the BOSJ finals: they heavily teased Wheeler Yuta vs Robbie Eagles for the Pure title. Who knows when or where it'll take place though.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Penguin Patrol posted:

Very minor spoilers from the BOSJ finals: they heavily teased Wheeler Yuta vs Robbie Eagles for the Pure title. Who knows when or where it'll take place though.

could see them doing either dominion or forbidden door, could be fun!

kind of a funny pick for a pure title match though. zack seems obvious but can't do it because he'd, like, have to win, and probably is not interested in wrestling random roh ppvs in america :v:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Way more likely to be Death Before Dishonor, I'd say

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://www.prowrestlingtees.com/promotion-tshirts/ring-of-honor.html

The ROH page has a new logo.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Has there been any news about a permanent show or venue for RoH?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Nope but it wouldn't surprise me if something was coming soon-ish what with Gresham and TBE appearing on TV this week.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

yeah, they've done enough keeping-warm to show that things could be back in action whenever. FTR are defending the ROH tag titles tonight Mercedes has the women's title on TV, Yutes is defending the Pure title on Monday, and Joe is probably defending the TV title against Tall Man soonish.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lamuella posted:

yeah, they've done enough keeping-warm to show that things could be back in action whenever. FTR are defending the ROH tag titles tonight Mercedes has the women's title on TV, Yutes is defending the Pure title on Monday, and Joe is probably defending the TV title against Tall Man soonish.

Isn't Cole injured? Can he wrestle Joe?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Guillermus posted:

Isn't Cole injured? Can he wrestle Joe?

I know "small" rhymes with "tall" but

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I'm really interested to see how a full-time ROH roster is going to look a year from now. Will it be a mix of pre-shutdown ROH talent and AEW champions? Mostly AEW guys Tony doesn't have the time for on AEW? an ROH Nostalgia show with mostly old ROH stars? Or going a totally different route and creating a unique roster that stands on its own

I'm really interested in seeing how Tony Khan can balance two different products, I hope they both keep distinct feels to them like Dynamite and Rampage do

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Death Before Dishonor July 23 in Lowell, MA on BR Live

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Death Before Dishonor July 23 in Lowell, MA on BR Live

Not long to build for it, but this could be good fun.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Joe/Lethal
Yuta/Eagles
Gresham/Cage

What else we got?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Likely matches for the show:

Gresham vs. Moriarty (Or Cage)

FTR vs. ???

Mercedes vs. Deeb

Yuta vs. Daniel Garcia

Samoa Joe vs. Jay Lethal

Honestly, I'd pay $20 for that. Throw in some undercard matches too.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Treating them as softly different territories that dudes rotate around seems like a good idea. Having a different writer might be a good idea just so the show has a different feel. Also keeping the tradition where international stars can be regulars in the ROH main event would be welcome.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh yeah Deeb/Mercedes is A++++++++

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I think Tony has done a well enough job of making Rampage feel different than Dynamite but balancing three different shows is a lot more to handle. My friend loving refers to Rampage as "his show" (He's black and he loves that Swerve in His glory, Team Taz, and Jade are regulars there)

I wouldn't mind a general point A to point B direction for ROH with their own staff (I guess Cabana?) filling in the blanks to make it feel more distinct

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Bring Blake Christian back in, he was really good last time.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1541428664415289344?t=m4FwZQBrg_SDztlllVu6tA&s=19

The official logo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

maybe they don't go back to a weekly tv taping format and its just show to show like how it was pre-2009?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
honestly, I like it with the color.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its close enough that i dont need to make a new thread tag

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
oh gently caress, you are right.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

You should replace Bryan on it with Matt Taven IMHO

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im just gonna wait until danielson washes out of aew and loses his hair to blue demon jr

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

STONE COLD 64 posted:

maybe they don't go back to a weekly tv taping format and its just show to show like how it was pre-2009?

Tony said on the scrum that he would like weekly tv but "it takes two to dance" and then he spent 5 minutes putting over his new bosses at Discovery.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I'll happily watch this pape.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If they do a Deeb/Martinez match on the card, I hope they continue tagging afterward anyway, even as rivals. Their dynamic is too fun to pass up.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

If they do a Deeb/Martinez match on the card, I hope they continue tagging afterward anyway, even as rivals. Their dynamic is too fun to pass up.

i agree

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think the only return that would top shibata's appearance at Forbidden Door for me would be Morishima running in after Greshams defense and smashing him with a backdrop driver

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i think the only return that would top shibata's appearance at Forbidden Door for me would be Morishima running in after Greshams defense and smashing him with a backdrop driver

Hell yeah.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

sticklefifer posted:

I feel like Deeb's character is way too much of an egomaniac for that to happen but it would be cool if they started a women's version of BCC

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Elephant Ambush posted:

I feel like Deeb's character is way too much of an egomaniac for that to happen but it would be cool if they started a women's version of BCC

Yeah, some kind of submission sorority

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Nigel lariating Greshams head off is more believable

I just had the thought that Cage is absolutely taking the title of Gresham if that's the match

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ganso Bomb posted:

Yeah, some kind of submission sorority

They can take my URL out of my cold, dead hands.

Or just send me a bit of cash, it's cool.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

Nigel lariating Greshams head off is more believable

I just had the thought that Cage is absolutely taking the title of Gresham if that's the match

That's not believable at all Nigel's lariat would go right over his head.

Greekonomics
Jun 22, 2009

Have they said if this will be on Honor Club too or is it just Bleacher Report?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I’m no Brandon Thursman, but I suspect having it on BR is part of a larger conversation about Tony’s wrestling companies and where he can show them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Elephant Ambush posted:

FWIW, there was an interview segment last week (on Elevation?) where Serena told Mercedes she respects her history in the business and is cool with partnering as long as Mercedes doesn't cross her, so they've kind of addressed that.