Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007
ok is the game start beep getting longer or is it just me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Let's go uraniumanchor!

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I left the stream running on my phone when I went to sleep so thank you UraniumAnchor for gently waking me up with video games!

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Oh no UA I am so bummed about the blaster master ending

Great race though

GrimSqueaker
Sep 26, 2011
Oh no!

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007
I'm counting UA as the winner that sucks. Good race otherwise though!

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Great race!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
God I missed in person GDQs

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Retro Runner saying he wants to play something other than Ninja Gaiden after everything he's achieved reminds me of that one guy who, after attaining Tetris Grand Master, was asked what he wanted to do next, and he said something to the effect of "anything other than play Tetris."

Really interesting how being one of the best in the world at something does not automatically mean you like or wish to continue that activity.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The game starts with you going after your frog, so when UA killed the frog at level 7 someone hit the timer assuming it was done.

Whoever it was, you fixed it quickly but don't pretend nobody noticed.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Seriously though that race was as good as I could possibly ask for. Neither of us go too badly trolled and we were really close the whole time.

I went to bed early, and had some tea right as I got up, so now I'm wide awake. And enjoying this Ninja Gaiden.

fake edit: Or was, he finished as I was typing this.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
wise fwom your gwave

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
It's treasure time.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
drat now I want a big mac

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
hey GDQ can you count to 3

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Sometimes starting a run is hard

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
This game is a lot of visual noise.

Good looking noise, but noise still.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Just wait until the part where Ronald McDonald kills Colonel Sanders.

I recently found out that a Cool Spot game (7UP mascot in the nineties) for the Game Boy was actually a changed version of M.C. Kids. The franchise wars of the nineties were ridiculous.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I keep parsing that towel behind the Bonk plushie as hair and trying to figure out what game it's supposed to be from. Like it was a plushie of Bonk the Clown from somewhere.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Pushing 40 and I still don't understand how NiGHTS...works.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Even having grown up playing them, platformers from the genesis to ps1/n64 era are just some weird and obtuse mother fuckers.

I know people are nostalgic for them but I'm pretty sure they're all bad actually.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Only six pages after 12 hours?

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Problem?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Lid posted:

this is a pretty normal pace since the chat thread was moved to discord

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Lid posted:

Sunday didn't really have any barnburner runs, at least not in my book*. Also plenty of old heads have moved to Discord for their realtime shitposting.

*(SotC was a solid start, with a good gimmick and props. Rolled Out! was fun to watch because I have no interest in playing Monkey Ball-style games, but they're super satisfying to see executed with a high degree of skill - that also applied to the Spyro 120% run. And I did enjoy Perfect Dark primarily for nostalgia reasons.)

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

emdash posted:

We are all getting older so post rates are also going down

Never seen Pathless played let alone run so it'll be nice to see what it's about.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

emdash posted:

Was making sure I wasn't missing a chat thread or analogue because the first in person gdq in yonks deserves to be more hype and Just Post but thought I might be missing another thread or something causing disengagement

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I only now noticed the feature where the UI part of the runner/commentator name will flash to indicate who is speaking. That's really neat and I don't remember actually if it was a thing before. But I'd assume it makes a bit easier to tell who is who, especially with the masks.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

TeaJay posted:

I only now noticed the feature where the UI part of the runner/commentator name will flash to indicate who is speaking. That's really neat and I don't remember actually if it was a thing before. But I'd assume it makes a bit easier to tell who is who, especially with the masks.

I just mentioned this in the discord and came here to post about it, it's a great addition to the overlay

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

It's been 6 years since Ty the Tasmanian tiger was last featured in GDQ, probably because the previous one got famous for many wrong reasons. The estimate is way lower than before so looking forward to it, but I'm really in for the Castlevania stuff later

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

yetee shirts are $15 this year instead of $14. can't believe it they sold out to the man.......

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

yetee shirts are $15 this year instead of $14. can't believe it they sold out to the man.......

That's it, I'm never ordering from Yetee again

It's more because of the increased postal fees + taxes you gotta pay. Compared to the last time I ordered a shirt from GDQ the costs are like 2x to overseas, unfortunately.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

TeaJay posted:

It's been 6 years since Ty the Tasmanian tiger was last featured in GDQ, probably because the previous one got famous for many wrong reasons. The estimate is way lower than before so looking forward to it, but I'm really in for the Castlevania stuff later

That run was magical.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i always expect the ty games to go on deep discount during Steam sales but they only ever go on sale for 50% off (i mean $7.49 isn't that much money but it's still the principle of the thing!!)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

TeaJay posted:

"Up next it's Ty the Tasmanian Tiger with KamaCrimson, who probably isn't going to threaten any murder/suicides; Kama, take it away!"

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Do they have an audience mic so people can still yell memes during the run during the online segments?

Seems like an easy/fun thing to do.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Wait online block what the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i hope they work out how to properly mix the live crowd with the online runner even if they react on a delay