Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Why are all these grown men having a giant temper tantrum, I don't understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Kesper North posted:

Sports

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

If they're not mature enough to handle it perhaps they should stop

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Not very American of you

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Look if you don't get why people getting paid 30 million dollars a year playing blaseball needed to have a fight about this congrats you're on the right side of history

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kesper North posted:

Roids.

You know they aren't serious though, when one guy tries to start a fight against twenty people and drops his weapon immediately he's obviously just horsing around.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Midjack posted:

he's obviously just horsing around.

No, that's the jazz convention

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Midjack posted:

Roids.

You know they aren't serious though, when one guy tries to start a fight against twenty people and drops his weapon immediately he's obviously just horsing around.

Legalize PEDs in professional sports. Vegas could lay odds on aneurysms and strokes in addition to the results.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
https://twitter.com/JohnCornyn/status/1540689961040482306

You know this guy is fellated to completion by a trafficked prostitute as he dreams about reinstating Dredd Scott.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is this the worst you think it's ever been or was taney court worse since it preceded the you know what

I'm thinking the current court is the worst.
I think the Taney court's legacy isn't particularly bad, on the whole. It could have been far worse. But you gently caress a goat one time...
The post new deal supreme court reaches so much further into our lives that it's kind of useless to compare the damage the modern supreme court is capable of doing to the country to any other era, and this court wants to make things worse everywhere.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Great weekend of receiving fundraising texts and emails, didn't know the only way to protect Roe v Wade is if I donate now. drat.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
If you donate we can buy a new horse

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Legalize PEDs in professional sports. Vegas could lay odds on aneurysms and strokes in addition to the results.
Ban professional sports; raze the Vegas strip.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1541208034130755588?t=DXowv0GXfwyV863VIdV3ow&s=19

He got hit so hard he nearly spilled his bloody mary.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Did he not pick up his leaves

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I think the slap must have been edited out.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Cugel the Clever posted:

Not gonna argue with you, I'm for that, too.

Well, kinda want to see the Nellis Petting Zoo and the National Atomic Testing Museum first. THEN you can wipe Vegas off the map.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Fuckin baseball. Even when there's like 40 dudes all fighting eachother it's booring as hell.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Seriously. Fights between parents at the Chuck E. Cheese are better than that.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Cugel the Clever posted:

Vegas is literally the only place my girlfriend and I can reasonably meet up so can we please not burn it down for a few months

also like hell are you gonna ban sports right when the lions are on the upswing of their rebuild

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

That employee is a king

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

maffew buildings posted:

Great weekend of receiving fundraising texts and emails, didn't know the only way to protect Roe v Wade is if I donate now. drat.

Look at this guy who never blocked these numbers on the first message.

Still haven’t gotten a single Roe text. :smuggo:

Crab Dad posted:

Seriously. Fights between parents at the Chuck E. Cheese are better than that.

Oh I think I know what I’m checking out on YouTube tonight… well not the entire night.

Also let’s not forget IHOP and Waffle House! Honestly I just prefer rear end in a top hat patrons fighting each other with no kids involved. It more enjoyable that way and far less depressing.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 27, 2022

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/casuallaw/status/1540906020016234496

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

https://twitter.com/jamisonfoser/status/1541202449850986496?s=20&t=klS63HhovdTB4yzVgyTBqg

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

:hmmyes: Sure but if not for the Supreme Court rolling back the EPA's outrageous powers to regulate air cleanliness, I wouldn't be able to rent out part of my land for a Peabody Coal Modular Power Grid Initiative MicroCoal(TM) power station, to enhance the reliability and resilience of our grid in the face of climate change and weather instability.

Why, the coal ash slurry pond only breached in that catastrophic hurricane a few months back, and no one noticed the extra flooding. And it would have fired right up and powered the whole neighborhood through those dark days, if only the wind turbines had kept spinning to provide it the juice it needed to startup. Anyway, only two of my kids have come down with black lung so far.

-A post a few more years into this stupid loving timeline, probably

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

I still struggle to believe this one actually happens. Not for any reason other than how insane it is of course. What agencies are affected by this? All of them? Does the FAA become illegal afterwards?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

fknlo posted:

I still struggle to believe this one actually happens. Not for any reason other than how insane it is of course. What agencies are affected by this? All of them? Does the FAA become illegal afterwards?

law is fake, nothing is true and everything is permitted

(if you're a corporation or a white man)

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

fknlo posted:

Better start believing it. Destroying the "administrative state" has been a specific goal of a lot of these assholes. Federalist Society fuckheads poo poo out some stuff about 'originalism', Steve Bannon is a little more honest in saying that he wants it all to collapse, but it's a big goal of a lot of people.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Has anyone answered the question of why Roberts didn't write the opinion for Casey?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Stultus Maximus posted:

Has anyone answered the question of why Roberts didn't write the opinion for Casey?

Do you mean Dobbs (which killed Casey and Roe)?

If so, it's because his opinion couldn't get 5. Roberts agreed that the Mississippi law was legal, so would've set a floor at 15 weeks before abortion could be banned Essentially it was the same incrementalism that led to Casey's "undue burden" standard.

The Dobbs ruling was basically a 5-1-3. Alito had 5 for Mississippi law is legal AND Roe dies completely, Roberts had 1 for Mississippi legal and a shrunken Roe lives, the liberals had 3 for "gently caress all of you loving fuckers". Roberts meant nothing, so he couldn't have written an opinion that held a majority, he was a potted plant on an island.

edit: I don't think Roberts could even assign the majority opinion because he wasn't a part of that opinion!

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jun 27, 2022

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

bird food bathtub posted:

Better start believing it. Destroying the "administrative state" has been a specific goal of a lot of these assholes. Federalist Society fuckheads poo poo out some stuff about 'originalism', Steve Bannon is a little more honest in saying that he wants it all to collapse, but it's a big goal of a lot of people.

yeah, Filburn is the new Roe

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

fknlo posted:

It’s a bit of an outlier potential outcome - they could rule in favour of the EPA, rule against the EPA and say they specifically can’t do that, or rule against the concept of federal regulatory agency.

So like… FAA, FCC, FDA, USCG, FTC, MSHA, OSHA, NRC, off the top of my head. I assume there’s more.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

FrozenVent posted:

It’s a bit of an outlier potential outcome - they could rule in favour of the EPA, rule against the EPA and say they specifically can’t do that, or rule against the concept of federal regulatory agency.

So like… FAA, FCC, FDA, USCG, FTC, MSHA, OSHA, NRC, off the top of my head. I assume there’s more.

Yeah if they gut the ability of the Fed to regulate anything, its gonna be a free for all.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Practically speaking I can’t see how it’s even possible.

Ideologically, they’re there.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah if they gut the ability of the Fed to regulate anything, its gonna be a free for all.

FrozenVent posted:

Practically speaking I can’t see how it’s even possible.

Ideologically, they’re there.

FrozenVent posted:

Weren't we just talking about the Taney court being the worst because of expanding opinions well past the actual case at hand?
Move over Roger, there's a new Worst coming through...

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

drat I hadn't thought of how insane it would be. Surely they'll stop after Roe v Wade

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

FrozenVent posted:

Yeah, that’s why I struggle with accepting this one as happening as far as ruling against the concept of federal regulatory agency. That throws things into immediate chaos with immediate far reaching effects. You can’t just declare all the FAA rules and regulations as illegal and expect things to work.

e: like I know this is one is the end goals but it seems like a bridge too far to smash that all in one go.

fknlo fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jun 27, 2022

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Limited good news this morning:

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1541415103635005441

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

fknlo posted:

Yeah, that’s why I struggle with accepting this one as happening as far as ruling against the concept of federal regulatory agency. That throws things into immediate chaos with immediate far reaching effects. You can’t just declare all the FAA rules and regulations as illegal and expect things to work.

I mean hospital workers in like what 17 states had to figure out this weekend how to treat any crisis pregnancies / miscarriages etc coming in without getting arrested. It's going to have a large negative impact on healthcare, particularly obgyn related stuff in those states imo.

Of course the consequences of this other decision would be much larger, but this is already really big stuff changed instantly. Not seeing a reason to expect the court to limit their decision based on broad ranging impact when I kind of think they expect / want that to be the case and have already made decisions that affect a massive number of Americans instantly.