Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Pryor on Fire posted:

In many developing countries the wealth inequality is so high that only the super rich drive cars, and if you hit a pedestrian or bike you are supposed to keep going, as an angry mob will form at the scene and beat you to death if they can.

We're not quite there in the USA yet, but give it a few more years.

we're so car-brained here that this will never happen, the american angry mob would toss the pedestrian or cyclist in front of the car so the driver could finish the job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I was driving down lake st to target (the infamous target that was looted after the floyd murders) - lake street is a big problem because it's a four lane undivided street. on the way there, there was some dodge ram or whatever but the tires were extra wide or something, sot hey extended beyond the sides of the truck. on the way back, some giant suv came up beyond me and was swerving around all the cars, and went through a red light 1-2 full seconds after it turned red.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I think I hate cars less than some of the people who drive them

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

I think I hate cars less than some of the people who drive them

driving them overloads you with adrenaline and probably gives you hypertension and diabetes so that makes sense

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

cool av posted:

driving them overloads you with adrenaline and probably gives you hypertension and diabetes so that makes sense

Lol that rules

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Leroy Diplowski posted:

But the sense of adventure is gone as well as the pride of accomplishment and self reliance. Cars are less fun and also make you weak physically and mentally.

:hmmyes:

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I loving hate automobiles

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

car bad

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

It's the I hate cars thread buddy what did you come for?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
interested in DIY speedbumps

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

interested in DIY speedbumps

bunch of bags of quick set readymix, and some jugs of water.

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

jetz0r posted:

bunch of bags of quick set readymix, and some jugs of water.

And a few steel pipes a la "tubelos"

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHkc83XA2dY

Add Horse and buggy to the hate list.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Leroy Diplowski posted:

But the sense of adventure is gone as well as the pride of accomplishment and self reliance. Cars are less fun and also make you weak physically and mentally.

:hai:

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Another no-car day, not doing it anywhere near as often as I should but better than nothing.

Was awesome to rip home along the bus lane, which was completely clear almost the whole way home. One day I'm going to get merked by a car turning into or out from a side street while I whizz past all of the cars in a traffic jam and the online news websites will say that I deserved it for being slightly unconventional.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

That is an extremely badass whip my friend

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Blackhawk posted:

Another no-car day, not doing it anywhere near as often as I should but better than nothing.

Was awesome to rip home along the bus lane, which was completely clear almost the whole way home. One day I'm going to get merked by a car turning into or out from a side street while I whizz past all of the cars in a traffic jam and the online news websites will say that I deserved it for being slightly unconventional.

getting in before the weirdos that will call this a car to say good job on your small weinermobile :)

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

So long as its peddle powered its all cool. I would like to try one of those weird lay down bikes

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
the replies to this tweet are incredible
• "jobs don't exist overseas"
• "you can't fit 2 children in a car"
• "potholes and snow"
• "i want to go camping"

https://twitter.com/PaperPoverty/status/1541334854859628544

Polo-Rican has issued a correction as of 14:57 on Jun 27, 2022

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

you know what you need to do

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Polo-Rican posted:

• "potholes and snow"
• "i want to go camping"

Also love the subtle implication that the majority of Americans don't live in the costal cities

mystes
May 31, 2006

Polo-Rican posted:

• "potholes and snow"
• "i want to go camping"

This really shows how Americans' relationship with cars is purely a form of psychotic self-expression through consumerism

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
urban centers in the world, well-known for not having any menial or dirty work

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
That tweet-plus-replies is just :discourse:

I dunno if it's performance art or the basis of a PhD picking out all the sociological/psychological neuroses, but...drat.

mystes posted:

This really shows how Americans' relationship with cars is purely a form of psychotic self-expression through consumerism

https://twitter.com/Terotalo/status/1541324491502002176?t=8Bzea0s2-0ooVWpi1Hqukw&s=19

Like, we have some pretty bad carbrain cases here in the UK, but American truckbrain is the virulent, necrotic, advanced spongiform encephalopathy form of the disease.

BalloonFish has issued a correction as of 16:01 on Jun 27, 2022

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
much as I hate cars generally, I am developing an inexpressibly deeper hatred for pickup trucks that are obviously not work trucks

five foot bed get the gently caress out. fuckin baby supercrew cab pristine paint bullshit mobiles gently caress youuuuu

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pryor on Fire posted:

In many developing countries the wealth inequality is so high that only the super rich drive cars, and if you hit a pedestrian or bike you are supposed to keep going, as an angry mob will form at the scene and beat you to death if they can.

We're not quite there in the USA yet, but give it a few more years.

No we’ve been there :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCsvS3eMQus

It’s the worst kind of news story, fodder for aggrieved white people to cry about “black on white hate crimes!!!”

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Gunshow Poophole posted:

much as I hate cars generally, I am developing an inexpressibly deeper hatred for pickup trucks that are obviously not work trucks

that's practically all pickup trucks! real contractors doing actual work almost exclusively use white vans, because there aren't many cases where hauling stuff in an exposed flatbed is ideal

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Read Keith Bradsher's High & Mighty, written in the 1990s but it still applies; pickups are marketed specifically with the message that you can use them to intimidate people on the road and get your way. They're just going to keep getting more insanely huge.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Polo-Rican posted:

• "potholes and snow"
• "i want to go camping"

notclicking but I imagine there's a lot of psychotic "yeah but the truck wins an accident!" posts

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

BalloonFish posted:

I dunno if it's performance art or the basis of a PhD picking out all the sociological/psychological neuroses, but...drat.

https://twitter.com/Terotalo/status/1541324491502002176?t=8Bzea0s2-0ooVWpi1Hqukw&s=19

Like, we have some pretty bad carbrain cases here in the UK, but American truckbrain is the virulent, necrotic, advanced spongiform encephalopathy form of the disease.

:actually: that’s Finnish brain

https://twitter.com/terotalo/status/1521796774859620354?s=21

Calumanjaro
Nov 11, 2011

BalloonFish posted:

Why do macho men always looks an extra flight of stairs away from a heart attack?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Polo-Rican posted:

• "potholes and snow"
• "i want to go camping"

Just the most embarrassing poo poo, constantly.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

No we’ve been there :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCsvS3eMQus

It’s the worst kind of news story, fodder for aggrieved white people to cry about “black on white hate crimes!!!”

Was reading the front page of reddit last night and saw a clip in the I'matotalpieceofshit subreddit where some black dude kicked some rando white person in the head and they were screaming how common this is and the lamestream media NEVER reports on this and so forth and it's just the most eyerolling poo poo

Milo and POTUS has issued a correction as of 17:52 on Jun 27, 2022

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
yeah america is well known for its population of gigachad macho men

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I'd be lovely as hell too if I had a body like that and perma rittenhouse face

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Polo-Rican posted:

that's practically all pickup trucks! real contractors doing actual work almost exclusively use white vans, because there aren't many cases where hauling stuff in an exposed flatbed is ideal

yeah, everyone that I've known that has done some kind of manual labor job either drives a smaller car or one of those big white vans. everyone that I know that drives a pickup works in an office or has a white collar job.

my BIL does flooring for a living drives a big white van. also he insists that his daughter study hard so she can go to college and not shred her knees installing carpet

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
also it is extremely easy to go camping with a Golf lol you just can't bring your entire house

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

also it is extremely easy to go camping with a Golf lol you just can't bring your entire house
Sorry I need this f350 to tow my house to the forest

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i need my F550 to kill several elk on the way to and from the campsite

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I don't eat them, mind. I just like killing them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I know a couple of contractors who drive big trucks to and from work and you're never gonna believe this but 99% of the time the only thing they're hauling to their worksites are their toolboxes which would definitely fit in the trunk of a car.