Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thanks to Noe for helping me get out of those rags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I don’t get GNB PvP, from looking at it. If you junction to a DPS then you still do less damage than other melees and you aren’t much tankier. If you junction to a healer I guess it’s ok but healing seems so situational that it’s hard to imagine wanting to do it. Tank: you should have just played one of the good tanks, I feel.

Are people switching junctions a lot for great utility and I’m just not good enough to imagine pulling it off?

Also, melee in FL is stupid, why do I keep doing it?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Onean posted:

Yeah, I'm not really sure what they expected when they hired a team that had no experience in making an MMO, had leadership that didn't really play MMOs, and didn't even try to learn the lessons previous games had already left for them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVJ_k75f_GQ
It's weird to me how little headhunting seems to go on in MMO dev. Some of my oldest twitter follows are Planetside 2 devs and hardly any of the systems guys seem to work in games anymore. And Planetside 2 was really technically impressive!

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Inzombiac posted:

Thanks to Noe for helping me get out of those rags

I see you've discovered the REAL endgame of FFXIV: high fashion.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

I see you've discovered the REAL endgame of FFXIV: high fashion.

It's the #1 reason I started playing.

Plus I get to be a biker librarian for extremely cheap and I am thrilled.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I love that look, I've glammed similar in the past although I'm currently doing other sillier glams when I get back, maybe a chicken head.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

It's a cash shop item, but you can get an actual motorcycle for this. I did it. No regrets.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

It's the #1 reason I started playing.

This is exactly the proper aesthetic for Arcanist/Summoner imo.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Khizan posted:

It's a cash shop item, but you can get an actual motorcycle for this. I did it. No regrets.

Isn't it like $40?

I mean... maybe if I play for a full year.

Someone gave me a Zu and it's so massive that I can't imagine using it.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

After playing for a year and a half, I have 67 mounts, all but two of which (the motorcycle and the Fat Cat) were completely free.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The motorcycle is also much faster by default than your other mounts will be. I bought the bike on sale before Endwalker and I did not regret a penny of it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah it's not worth it to buy at full price but they do periodically put it on sale and if you can grab it for like 24 dollars or so you probably won't regret it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
https://twitter.com/sabato__n/status/1541129267781586944?t=zNjEKMxvlUK3HL71Cr5I5A&s=09

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Well, Summoner had a good run.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i support these dragoon changes

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

The whm made me cackle at the end.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
This was fun. Soloed the mud monster boss from sixty percent on my level 72 GNB after starting the dungeon by announcing I hadn't played the class in a while. I'm only up to end of Storm blood despite my pally being so high so that comment was kinda funny.

Feel good moment

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Those moments are fun. I once had my party all die to one of the 80 dungeons and I soloed for a bit and was about to suicide because it'd be quicker to just reset so we had a full party, but then people started cheering me on so at that point I had to go all the way.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

SirSamVimes posted:

Those moments are fun. I once had my party all die to one of the 80 dungeons and I soloed for a bit and was about to suicide because it'd be quicker to just reset so we had a full party, but then people started cheering me on so at that point I had to go all the way.

I did Panda 2 last 5-9% (the difference between when I know we had three still standing and I next checked it) solo last week. I assumed I'd die quickly, crack a joke and see if the newbies had questions before we pulled again but I kept barely surviving and getting cooldowns up in time and when that happens you just have to go for it.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I've done the same thing on that same boss with my Paladin, it's a very easy boss in that regard, but still feels great.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Martman posted:

Tbh the writing of Arcane was serviceable to me, but it was overall just a great animated work and the writing allowed that to shine. In the gaming space, and particularly the MMO space, I dunno if bags of money can take the place of the kind of planning and foresight that allowed FFXIV's story to develop so well over time.

I'd point to The Old Republic to support my point but also I guess they bogged themselves down with the voice acting requirements, and Bioware writing was always gonna be garbage aside from a few moments.

Yeah, the biggest sin of SWTOR was going to the hilt on "8 reactive fully voiced stories!" rather than something they could more realistically budget and develop over a longer period of time--see how said story eventually collapsed into two paths, then one path, before finally kinda splitting into two factional paths again.

Under my only-somewhat tongue-in-cheek model, SWTOR either ran out of money or lost the will to throw more money at the problem. Which are functionally the same problem in a world where things like Star Citizen can roll grift for a decade and remain solvent.

wizardofloneliness posted:

Riot has actually made successful games that people play, whereas Amazon’s game department is one trash fire after another. Amazon’s whole strategy really did seem to be to just spend a poo poo ton of money and not much else.

To avoid confronting the obvious cracks in "money uber alles" I am going to write Amazon off as the exception that proves the rule. :pseudo:

cheetah7071 posted:

Glad we're at a point where every new mmo is breathlessly called the xiv killer

This is basically confirmation that the old king, WoW, is dead, and the new king has secured the throne.

SirSamVimes posted:

I think this is why I so often come back to playing tank in games. Your real LB3 is going full Gamer Mode and pushing through situations like this. You feel like the "Main Character" for a bit after pulling a win out by the skin of your mitigation. On the other side of the coin, I've been flattened by mechanics as a healer and proceeded to watch my party 100-0 the boss with no input from me and no other deaths. It's at that point I wished I could just queue as 3rd DPS.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
It is surprising to me how self-sustaining parties can be in regular content.

I was in a castrum group where the healer died to the first big mechanic of the last boss, and we still killed her without too much trouble. It was sort of comical.

Then I see the amount of raid damage going out in savage and I'm like "ah that makes sense now"

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

On my server there are currently 1283 people bidding on the four open house plots lol

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

FuturePastNow posted:

On my server there are currently 1283 people bidding on the four open house plots lol

Who gets into Eulmore, and who gets the Meol?

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

those leantos are lookin pretty luxurious

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Warmachine posted:

The people in Eulmore also ate the Meol, they ate more of it even, that's kind of the point.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Mainwaring posted:

The whm made me cackle at the end.

:same: it was about 50% of why i posted it ngl

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So I'm never really one to post screenshots because I don't gently caress with gpose and gshade or anything - not for any reason other than I'm terrible at it and have never had a good eye for it.

Anyway, I paid for some in-game photographers to take some shots and I'm quite pleased with them and felt the need to share.

[itmg]https://i.imgur.com/M6Vi4A1.png[/timg]

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Warmachine posted:

winner not found

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

The people in Eulmore also ate the Meol, they ate more of it even, that's kind of the point.

They also ate other things, and didn't live in a shanty town getting pelted by whatever was dumped off the upper tiers. But that's getting away from the joke I was trying to make.

FuturePastNow posted:

winner not found

waiting on the announcement from sqex that because 404 is an HTTP error code the lottery system misinterpreted it somehow and we get a second season of lottery fuckery

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

what do you think meol's taste/texture is like

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mordiceius posted:

So I'm never really one to post screenshots because I don't gently caress with gpose and gshade or anything - not for any reason other than I'm terrible at it and have never had a good eye for it.

Anyway, I paid for some in-game photographers to take some shots and I'm quite pleased with them and felt the need to share.

Those look great!

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

think I read somewhere that meol tastes like your favorite food

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Texture is probably flesh since it's made from sin eater bodies but the taste has to be pleasant or else the nobles in Eulmore wouldn't eat it. So I'm guessing it tastes like meat buns.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

An entire society built on red white bean bun addiction.

Amazing.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Vitamean posted:

what do you think meol's taste/texture is like

I don't.

I do, however, empathize with the WoL side-eyeing the Melvynbread in the Endwalker cooking quests.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm absolutely loving that changing your look is a mere 2K Gil.

Just... god this game is good.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
I figured like a chinese steamed bun, just without a chamber or filling. A bunch of fluff.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah you get a lot of customization options with that, you can change your face paint/tattoos, change your hair style and color, if you're an Au Ra you can change the extra color in your eyes, and the whole thing is cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Mordiceius posted:

[itmg]https://i.imgur.com/M6Vi4A1.png[/timg]

this is such a cool idea! I love that there's a niche for things like designer clothing with a specific person's label on it and professional photographers and nightclubs in this game.