Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

ASAPI posted:

Holy crap that is terrifying.

Stuff like this where you have a few seconds to see it coming and know you're dead no matter what you do are way more terrifying to me than say getting instakilled by something like the beruit explosion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Soylent Pudding posted:

Stuff like this where you have a few seconds to see it coming and know you're dead no matter what you do are way more terrifying to me than say getting instakilled by something like the beruit explosion.

I still think those two poor bastards who stared down into the burning reactor at Chernobyl are the best example of this

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

shame on an IGA posted:

The hilarious thing about the right's hate-on for the chevron doctrine is that it was a unanimous decision in favor of chevron

The policy that the National Resources Defense Center sued over was written by Reagan's new head of EPA, Anne Gorsuch.
Or as Justice Gorsuch would say, Mom.

e: As a new Colorado state legislator in the 1970s, she was known as a member of the "House Crazies," a group of "conservative lawmakers intent on permanently changing government.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 27, 2022

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

facialimpediment posted:

Not exhonerated. The case likely gets kicked back for a re-do and they'll probably get convicted based on everything you listed there.

And always check your crane-lift points, connectors, turnbuckles, etc.

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1541473006211551242

Jesus Christ on a biscuit..... :stare:

I have one takeaway from safety classes in Industrial settings... and it was made clear to me in welding/casting...

"If you can see air, run away from it"

That loving dude on the left just walking up to the yellow cloud of death like its no big deal...

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

Not exhonerated. The case likely gets kicked back for a re-do and they'll probably get convicted based on everything you listed there.

And always check your crane-lift points, connectors, turnbuckles, etc.

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1541473006211551242

Oh jesus christ

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Well, something odd is going to happen at the J6 Committee tomorrow afternoon! They said they were done until late July or something, now suddenly something's at 1PM tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/1541490909749075969?t=NmGffOK2MsJ9Se-m-xqSSw&s=19

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Lin Manuel Miranda finished his song that will be performed live and TRUMPETS will be OWNED (and also stay in Congress)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

^^^^

I work near DC and it’s definitely the Lin Manuel Miranda thing

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I think I'm ready to eat a chlorine gas explosion now.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kazinsal posted:

Nothing like good French or German cuisine.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Kazinsal posted:

Chlorine has to be one of the most awful ways to die I can imagine - literally drowning on your own disintegrating lungs. There are far better ways to go out.

Comrade Blyatlov fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 27, 2022

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Not just that Clark gently caress that got raided by the Feds:

https://twitter.com/alanfeuer/status/1541566973179486212

Eastman complained that he got grabbed on the way out of a restaurant and had his phone seized per a warrant. So again, at least they're nervous.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/mtwrighter/status/1541561048398024704?t=NoF_e6y2M-BEOv_U2Tc-sg&s=19

Lol

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Free gas card in some states I hear!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
It is so loving frustrating what the butterfly center has had to go through. Wall fuckery, dumbass cops and guardsmen on the grounds, weirdo Q-types showing up to protest the butterfly center, etc.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Take the bolt and the keys. Throw them in the nearest river.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Wow.

Just... Wow

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

John Brown's ghost like "gently caress why'd I do it the hard way"

e: fuuuuuuck

https://twitter.com/mtwrighter/status/1541562540773326850

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 28, 2022

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In further Texas is a shithole news.

https://twitter.com/gabegutierrez/status/1541587936893968391?s=21&t=VTKTnb4OIYhJlvgpfu6jhg

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

They are 100% going to throw the book at this lady for an unlawful transfer and whatever dumb cop left it in the truck won't see any consequences.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/27/us/migrants-san-antonio-tractor-killed.html?referringSource=articleShare

Jesus at least 40 dead migrants in that truck.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Midjack posted:

They are 100% going to throw the book at this lady for an unlawful transfer and whatever dumb cop left it in the truck won't see any consequences.

Those tweets will almost certainly disappear when they go back to cuff her.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Midjack posted:

‪As much as I’m an advocate for disarming the police and for arming everyone left of the GOP, maybe livetweeting theft of automatic weapons from the national guard isn’t the smartest course of action.‬

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Damned if it won't produce entertaining results though.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
:stare: silly rabbit, only GOP politicians can live tweet Federal crimes for clout

Per WaPo, "a large number" is "at least 40," gently caress

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Big K of Justice posted:

Jesus Christ on a biscuit..... :stare:

I have one takeaway from safety classes in Industrial settings... and it was made clear to me in welding/casting...

"If you can see air, run away from it"

That loving dude on the left just walking up to the yellow cloud of death like its no big deal...

I started screaming inside when i saw that.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

shame on an IGA posted:

Uh, was there a mag in that well when it was left in the car? What condition are guardsmen supposed to carry in?

(Genuinely asking, I was a corpsman and never carried an M4 or an M16.)

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jun 28, 2022

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/heatherscope/status/1541611430692143104

Tomorrow's surprise witness, supposedly.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Uh, was there a mag in that well when it was left in the car? What condition are guardsmen supposed to carry in?

(Genuinely asking, I was a corpsman and never carried an M4 or an M16.)

Is contact likely or imminent? loving condition four goddamnit. loving nonwarfighting gently caress shitwit cumstain fuckmuppets.

Edit: And how about positive control of your weapon at all times for the love of whatever was asleep during the holocaust god you believe in.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I'm not sure if I'm seeing that correctly, but that looks like bolt locked to the rear, empty magazine, dust cover open

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Forgive my ignorance but why, again, are Texas NG units rolling around with weapons stateside?

More border bullshit?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Yeah Texas NG does border patrol stuff

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
And by border patrol i mean provide private security to ranches and tresspass on wildlife refuges while doing basically nothing else.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Steezo posted:

Is contact likely or imminent? loving condition four goddamnit. loving nonwarfighting gently caress shitwit cumstain fuckmuppets.

Edit: And how about positive control of your weapon at all times for the love of whatever was asleep during the holocaust god you believe in.

:stare:

That was amazing.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Thwomp posted:

Emphases mine.

The modern Conservative/Republican movement is so divorced from reality (due mostly to their own initiatives and paranoia) that it's no longer a bubble, per se. Bubble implies something that can be popped and exposed to the outside.

They've crafted an entire reality with their own institutions, leaders, and cultural outlook in parallel to reality.

When they do reach out and interact with reality, they do so to impose their warped thinking/justifications from an insulated position. It doesn't matter 60+% of the country supported Roe. It doesn't matter 66% support higher minimum wages. They have an internal logic that works within their circles and aligns with their askew legal doctrines.

I have no idea how you counter that but none of the options I can think of are good.

It's a bit deeper than politics even. I think it's about epistemology and upon what basis new knowledge can be validated. For those outside of that conservative institution, reality is treated as something outside of yourself, which is discovered and then validated through consensus and testing. Values and goals are things that guide you as you move through it.

For those within conservative circles, reality is an objective or a vision that you actively work to create. The fact that the world around you doesn't align with what you want or say is just evidence that there's work to be done to control it into shape. Uh. This is also why they are fascists.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Arrath posted:

Forgive my ignorance but why, again, are Texas NG units rolling around with weapons stateside?

More border bullshit?

The Texas National Guard has been put on State Active Duty.

The National Guard serves two masters. During normal times it fall under Title 32 funding and its immediate commander in chief is the governor of the state it belongs to. When put on Federal Active Duty it falls under Title 10 of the US Code, same as the regular Army and is Federally funded.

The state may order Guardsmen to state active duty, which is not paid by Federal monies but comes directly from the state's budget. SAD is usually used during times of immediate emergency and for sort periods. While on State Active Duty, the Guardsmen do not accumulate retirement points, are not paid at their rank's normal rate, and do not qualify for Federal benefits like the GI Bill.

What the state of Texas has done is active a bunch of Guardsmen on State Active Duty under the idea that the Federal government is not regulating the border correctly and the state must therefore step in and deal with the issue. To get around jurisdictional problems, the Guardsmen are authorized to arrest migrants on charges of trespassing on private property rather than illegally entering the country.

This operation is in addition to the Federal National Guard mission on the SW Border and has lead to a slew of problems and suicides stemming from no set end date from the orders, low pay, and poor support and facilities for the Guardsmen who have been activated. Not country the immense expense of the whole thing.

It's a huge bunch of bullshit that the Governor of Texas is doing for political reasons and is not really accomplishing anything.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Also, this seems like a good time to remind everyone that VP Harris was put in charge of the border situation and hasn't done poo poo with it.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/01/politics/harris-immigration/index.html

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
These are the same guardsmen who have to buy their own meals from What-A-Burger and poo poo. I could not imagine a bigger soul-sucking activation and was exactly why I loving quit with "just" 8 years left on my contract.

lmao get hosed if you're still in.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I like it when I log on and there's only one post in the CE thread. I consider it a good sign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I like it when I log on and there's only one post in the CE thread. I consider it a good sign

I think it is about to heat up. The Jan 6th hearing just had a White House aide stating that they were talking about "going to the Capitol on the 6th" on the 2nd of Jan. They were "worried things would get serious".